Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2014
    @rosemow, sorry for the treatment the link to this thread got on the main Sims 4 forum. We have some very caustic and self-involved members of our community. I know I don't post in here much but what you've done here is greatly appreciated. We are a community. If people want to share what's going on in their lives, as long as it's not against TOS, then it's absolutely fine. Many hugs.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I am thankful for good health.

That being said my husband was laid off the end of September, he got a good severance package, but it still has me very nervous. I know he will find something, this isn't the first time we've been through this, but I have had some sleepless nights and he's taken up cigar smoking again (expensive habit).

He is in the IT field at the CIO level, so no telling where we may live next. Since we've been together we've moved 3 times. I haven't worked since 2009, I call myself retired (just sounds better than unemployed). Where we live I would have to drive for over an hour for a job in my field. The only jobs in our town are minimum wage and part time, so he told me my job was taking care of the house and our 6 cats.

Maybe our next move will be back to a more metro area so I can go back to work.
  • Options
    goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    FawnFox wrote: »
    I too am really really grateful for this thread right now. <br />
    <br />
    Recently I've had some serious weights on my shoulders which I haven't felt like I've been able to share with anyone.. But this thread seems like a good place to offload hard stuff. <br />
    <br />
    My dad has had major depression and has been an alcoholic (and occasional domestic abuser) for as long as I can remember. Recently he organised a travel holiday for himself without telling any of us, and he went to Sri Lanka, Singapore and America which costed him almost $10,000 - he has put all the money on credit card so now my family is in a huge debt for a trip Dad organised only for himself. <br />
    <br />
    When he came back he and my Mum talked things out and I thought their relationship/our family was getting better. I thought maybe dad would get the help he needs and things could be normal and happy for once in my life.<br />
    <br />
    But about a week ago we discovered my dad has been having an affair with a girl in her 20's (he is well into his 50s) and that he had been cheating on my mum for about 4 months. Seeing as he has been kicked out of the house, we now have virtually no money as my Mum only works part-time.<br />
    <br />
    So now my parents are in the throws of a split, I've lost all respect for my dad, funds are low - and I haven't really felt like I could share this with anyone. Thanks so much for making this thread, even if nobody replies to this I feel so much better having expressed some of the hard stuff I have been going through.<br />
    <br />
    This is a really amazing idea and it's so important for everyone to feel like they have people to talk to. If anybody has something weighing them down right now I will be here to listen :) We all go through stuff and life is never ever easy.

Sorry I am just now getting around to it, but I just thought I'd say that I am sorry for what you are going through. My father passed some time ago but sometimes I think that dealing with that kind of situation is more difficult than trying to mourn the death of a loved one, so you have my condolences. I cannot imagine what you are going through and I wish I could give you a hug. I hope things get better for you <3

• Options
    edited November 2014
    @goofygoober25
    @friendlyone20
    @Kaike78Kaike78
    @melaniesimlish
    @kaike78

And everyone else (just found this thread so I have to play catch up)

th?id=HN.607986920718797658&pid=15.1&P=0
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Aw how thoughtful. But, mines all work related stuff. Just stressful. But, yeah..
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @all: I hope everything will work out.

As for me, I'm doing pretty well.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I am thankful for good health.

That being said my husband was laid off the end of September, he got a good severance package, but it still has me very nervous. I know he will find something, this isn't the first time we've been through this, but I have had some sleepless nights and he's taken up cigar smoking again (expensive habit).

He is in the IT field at the CIO level, so no telling where we may live next. Since we've been together we've moved 3 times. I haven't worked since 2009, I call myself retired (just sounds better than unemployed). Where we live I would have to drive for over an hour for a job in my field. The only jobs in our town are minimum wage and part time, so he told me my job was taking care of the house and our 6 cats.

Maybe our next move will be back to a more metro area so I can go back to work.

Hello @catmando830 :) I am sorry to hear that husband was laid off from his job. It is a concerning time for you both as he looks for a new job. I hope that he is able to find work soon. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

• Options
    YazFoxxy wrote: »
    Aw how thoughtful. But, mines all work related stuff. Just stressful. But, yeah..

Hello @YazFoxxy :) Work can get quite stressful at times. I hope that you are able to have times at home to just relax and do things that you enjoy doing.
  • Options
    @rosemow - you have always been so kind to everyone on the forums, thank you for your kinds words for me :)
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Several reasons people might want to discuss their problems in a forum: easier access to lots of people, convenience, easier posting difficult feelings as opposed to talking face to face with someone. There are several support groups on line for different organizations. This may not be the way for everyone but it works for a lot of people. Also, having a forum like that here , you already have something in common with everyone: being a simmer. Can make it less difficult when you have something in common
  • Options
    @rosemow - I put a link to this group in my signature, hope you don't mind
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I'm sorry that your thread in general chat got deleted Rose. Some people are so miserable that they have to trample on anything and everything good. it's like they can't stand seeing people show love and support for one another. It's almost as if it burns them to witness it.

Anyway, I would suggest putting a link maybe in your signature to get more traffic. :) This is a truly beautiful thread and we shouldn't let a few insensitive trolls ruin it.

Thankyou very much for your words and for your caring support of other simmers in this thread @SelenaGrey :)
  • Options
    @rosemow - I put a link to this group in my signature, hope you don't mind

Thankyou so very much for posting the link to this thread in your signature. :) It is very nice and thoughtful of you. Thankyou!

• Options
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Several reasons people might want to discuss their problems in a forum: easier access to lots of people, convenience, easier posting difficult feelings as opposed to talking face to face with someone. There are several support groups on line for different organizations. This may not be the way for everyone but it works for a lot of people. Also, having a forum like that here , you already have something in common with everyone: being a simmer. Can make it less difficult when you have something in common

Hello :) Thankyou for the words that you have written. I hope that people find this thread helpful to support them through what they are going through in life.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have had MS (Mulitple Schlorosis, not sure if I spelled it right, LOL) for over 25 years, also other health problems too. I work four days a week, full days at that. I am exhausted after work and turn to my sims to forget about my problems!
    I cant go back, I have reinstalled S2 and S3 but I have always uninstalled them when the new series came out. I find S4 is not holding my interest and I find myself just totally lost.
    Turning to the forums(new for me) has not been a good experience, LOL.
    My kids have been great in helping me when I have my relapses. My kids are my world. I miss out on so much with them, but push myself to do all I can. Its like my mind tells me to do something, but my body wont let me :(
    I have always been strong and still am.

Thanks for listening to me :D

• Options
    I have had MS (Mulitple Schlorosis, not sure if I spelled it right, LOL) for over 25 years, also other health problems too. I work four days a week, full days at that. I am exhausted after work and turn to my sims to forget about my problems!
    I cant go back, I have reinstalled S2 and S3 but I have always uninstalled them when the new series came out. I find S4 is not holding my interest and I find myself just totally lost.
    My kids have been great in helping me when I have my relapses. My kids are my world. I miss out on so much with them, but push myself to do all I can. Its like my mind tells me to do something, but my body wont let me :(

th?&id=HN.607987814067604432&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
  • Options
    FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    @charlotteprice I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Nobody deserves to go through that. I have a close friend with MS and it is heartbreaking watching his strength fail day by day. But I can tell you are strong and brave and I really admire you for pushing through as much as you can :) Please know I will be thinking of you and praying for you, we are all here to listen if you ever need it.

*hugs*

2afmmf5.jpg

• Options

Hello @charlotteprice . I send lots of special thoughts to you. It is hard when your body prevents you from doing all that you would like to do. Your kids sound very caring and loving. I will keep you in my thoughts. Please know that we are here for you to listen to you.

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @catmando830.... Thank you for the Angel hugs, much appreciated o:)

@FawnFox............Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, MS affects everyone so differently. I am waiting for a cure one day o:)

@rosemow...........Thank you, I am just so glad I wasn't aware I had MS when I had all my kids running around, I chalked it up to being tired from taking care of them, LOL. Now they are all of age and I still have things to take care of with them, but I tend to procrastinate till the last minute B) I have been blessed with good kids and so glad I have them..........now my husband of 35 years? That's a different story, LOL Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and making this post!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    music would be the cure for hard times
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    nightowlnightowl Posts: 25 Member
    I never know what to say when I hear of others misfortune ...I wish I knew...I wish you all well.
  • Options
    Hello @king_of_simcity7 Listening to music can help many people when they are going through hard times. It is nice listening to the type of music that you enjoy listening to.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello king_of_simcity7 Listening to music can help many people when they are going through hard times. It is nice listening to the type of music that you enjoy listening to.
    indeed
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top