Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wallpaper height problem

I've been searching for a solution for this for weeks now...
So I downloaded a bunch of awesome wallpaper CC because frankly, this game is in serious need of it. So even though the modders who created all this lovely stuff say it works with all wall heights, it NEVER does. Some only work with short, some only work with medium heights and so on. When I say 'doesn't work', I mean when I place it, there's a lovely big rainbow question mark of doom on it. You can probably understand how when decorating a house, this can be very frustrating. I've contacted the people who created the wallpapers and that wasn't much help. One said that not enough people had experienced this problem for him to look into it, one said that she wouldn't be able to make the CC in the first place if it wasn't compatible with all heights and the others just didn't reply. Such a shame really! Has anyone else had this issue? Better still, has anyone fixed it???

Comments

• BakieBakie Posts: 279 Member
    I heard about this problem. There is no fix yet as far as I know. I haven't heard any problems about my wallpapers yet.
    Maybe it had to do with the programs people use for making them.

If you want to test one of mine and say if you got the same issue?
    Click and choose

There is also a topic about this problem on Modthesims, maybe you could join the topic to let others know you having this problem too. Modthesims topic
    Or maybe there will be become a fix for this that they will show in that topic.
    Want to make your own Custom Content for The Sims 4, but don't know how to start? Please visit my Youtube Channel for multiple English Spoken tutorials:
    <url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrMuxltq5mlcMjf6h7qrKzQ">BakieGaming YouTube Channel</url>
  • warmewarme Posts: 37 Member
    > @Bakie said:
    > I heard about this problem. There is no fix yet as far as I know. I haven't heard any problems about my wallpapers yet.
    > Maybe it had to do with the programs people use for making them.
    >
    > If you want to test one of mine and say if you got the same issue?
    > Click and choose
    >
    > There is also a topic about this problem on Modthesims, maybe you could join the topic to let others know you having this problem too. Modthesims topic
    > Or maybe there will be become a fix for this that they will show in that topic.

I'm the Kadaggle poster on this MTS thread haha! Thank you though!
    Tried you nemo wallpaper, awesome btw, and the thumbnail was a big rainbow question mark and it only worked on medium heights :( Sad times. Maybe there is something wrong with my game because it seems a bit strange that it happens nearly everytime? I've re-installed my game recently because of a different issue and this was all the same so I know that won't do it.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    @warme, could you try this? http://simfeetunder.tumblr.com/post/100234052181/nine-new-wallpapers-yellow-purple-aqua
    I know mine are all the right sizes so then I figure something is amiss with your game, first I've heard of this (though I have seen a couple people's where they for some reason only made small ones?)
    HSon1Mq.png
    edited November 2014
    > @simfeetunder said:
    > warme, could you try this?

I gave them a go, the thumbnail was the question mark and they didn't work for any wall heights. I then took out ALL of my other CC just leaving the wallpapers and it was the same. If it IS my game, then what would be causing this? My game's all legit and lovely, and the CC i have is mainly clothes! And now after taking them all out I know that the mods I have make no difference to this problem.
    I found one other person having this problem on the MTS thread which I've replied to, but still no solutions. There was also someone on the Wallez support thread who had this going on but no one replied to him :(
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited November 2014
    WallEZ is the tool I used to make all my wallpapers. This is really weird, I can't figure out why it would do this to you. @granthes, any ideas?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @warme, would you mind trying the walls I made? I posted them at Sims 4 Studio.
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > warme, would you mind trying the walls I made? I posted them at Sims 4 Studio.

Hi, the thumbnails were fine but they only worked on medium walls. Just to be absolutely clear, wallpaper packages go in the Mods folder, yes? Or am I being really stupid and this whole thing is because I'm putting them in the wrong folder?
    edited November 2014
    That's the right folder. When the wall I made didn't work what showed up instead?

Also, has any custom content wall worked correctly at all three heights for you? If so can you post the link where you downloaded it?
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > That's the right folder. When the wall I made didn't work what showed up instead?

A big lime green question mark on a rainbow background, I would show you a pic of one but it won't let me! I googled 'sims wallpaper question mark glitch' and it came up, seems to be a fairly common glitch in previous games.
    edited November 2014
    @warme, Sorry, you posted while I was editing to add my other question. Do any custom content walls work for you at all 3 heights? If so could you give me the name of the wall and a link where I can download it?

Also, I made a test wall if you'd be willing to try it. It's named Wall Height Test in the catalog and is the martian soil wall completely unchanged except for the name so it just looks like light tan earth. Here's the link:

Test Wall
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > warme, Sorry, you posted while I was editing to add my other question. Do any custom content walls work for you at all 3 heights? If so could you give me the name of the wall and a link where I can download it?

THERE IS ONE! Out of the 70+ wallpapers I have, one worked for all three heights. It won't let me send links on here so I can tell you it's by woohoo-juice-simoleons on tumblr and its listed in her downloads as 'some walls for ts4' and it's the yellow and purple sqiggly one. It would be so much easier if I could just send a link.
    edited November 2014
    @warme, Thanks, I'll check it out. Also, I think I edited while you were posting again. Would you mind trying the test wall I linked in my post above?
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > warme, Thanks, I'll check it out. Also, I think I edited while you were posting again. Would you mind trying the test wall I linked in my post above?

That beauty worked on all three wall heights and the thumbnail and preview were all good too! (*)
    edited November 2014
    @warme, Excellent. Can you try this one? It will have the same name in the game but instead of just dirt it has red squiggles all over it.

Test Wall 2
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > warme, Excellent. Can you try this one? It will have the same name in the game but instead of just dirt it has red squiggles all over it.
    >
    > Test Wall 2

Couldn't find it in the catalogue! Do I have to delete the first one before?
    edited November 2014
    @warme, yes...they are the same clone. Sorry, I should have stated that.
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > warme, yes...they are the same clone. Sorry, I should have stated that.

Found it! The thumbnail was the same as the previous one, no squiggles but it worked perfectly for all wall heights.
    @warme, the thumbnail is most likely the same because you didn't clear the caches and it's the same clone.

Here is another test. This one is the same clone but not renamed so it should just overwrite the one you have in your mods folder. I suspect it might be the one that won't work. Please give it a try:

Wall Test
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > warme, the thumbnail is most likely the same because you didn't clear the caches and it's the same clone.
    >
    > Here is another test. This one is the same clone but not renamed so it should just overwrite the one you have in your mods folder. I suspect it might be the one that won't work. Please give it a try:
    >
    > Wall Test

I deleted the previous version, and downloaded the new one. There were two swatches, both red and green squiggles worked for all wall heights.
    edited November 2014
    Interesting. Can you try this one? It will overwrite the one you have in your Mods folder.

Wall Test
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > Interesting. Can you try this one? It will overwrite the one you have in your Mods folder.
    >
    > Wall Test

Will do tomorrow morning as it's nearly 2am here! Thanks for taking the time to do all this btw :) x
    No problem :) Thank you for testing these.
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > No problem :) Thank you for testing these.

Morning! (very late morning here!) this wallpaper didn't work for short or tall heights, only medium and it was like a white panel with blue paint on the top, not a plain brown or squiggly one!
    How disappointing. Well, I have a couple more tests if you want to try them. They are based on the same clone so they will each overwrite the one you have in your mods folder and they cannot both be tested at the same time.

2 Wall Tests
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > How disappointing. Well, I have a couple more tests if you want to try them. They are based on the same clone so they will each overwrite the one you have in your mods folder and they cannot both be tested at the same time.
    >
    > 2 Wall Tests

Both of them worked on all wall heights :)