Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC picture frames?

so has any1 yet figured out how to make CC picture frames so we can add custom wall photos yet?

been away from the cc scene so idk if there has been an update among the modders, thanks for replies
Origin ID: CrazyMammoth
http://crazymammoth.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Currently the best we can do is use tsr ones, use s4pe to swap out images for our own (not to share) use... unfortunately, as far as I know.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    use s4pe to swap out images for our own (not to share) use

Why not share? You can always only have one replacement at the same time that way (if that’s what you meant), but when somebody does a nice override for a Maxis texture, what would be stopping them from sharing that? There may be others who also prefer the replacement over the default.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    pbox wrote: »
    use s4pe to swap out images for our own (not to share) use

Why not share? You can always only have one replacement at the same time that way (if that’s what you meant), but when somebody does a nice override for a Maxis texture, what would be stopping them from sharing that? There may be others who also prefer the replacement over the default.

I'm not talking about an EA override, am talking about other people's from TSR... I can't wrap my mind around the process for EA item overides at the moment so I'm stuck not doing that for the time being.
    No sharing on those since most say no recolors and stuff...
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    No sharing on those since most say no recolors and stuff...

Ah OK, I thought that was an either/or.

Wait .. what? They have an entire category for "No recolouring allowed" at TSR? :o What is the reason for that, do you know?
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    edited November 2014
    This might have something to do with it ...query about making new swatches. My guess is they don't want their entire mesh shared out.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah sure, but no matter what is included with the recolour people need the mesh either way .. in TS3 they'd just need to go and download it separately, but in both cases, they end up with the mesh.

Since the “not allowed” isn’t explained in any way (that I've seen) and the object stuff is still experimental, I was wondering whether there’s perhaps technical issues to be expected or something (so it's perhaps not about “allowing” so much but rather about something that folks who do recolours for their own use might also want to know ..).

IDK; maybe someone who uploads there can comment? Maybe all those creators want to say is “better not copy this while I’m still fiddling with it; there may be updates” but there is no tickbox for that so they have to choose “Not Allowed”?