Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2014
    Narrator
    Phillip feels he should be with Callie at this time, the house had already two cribs, one I put in and one the game put in when she had his first son, now we have three and she is in labour, me wondering whats happening with all these cribs.
    11-09-14_2-19nbspPM_zps87ce2a6e.png

I had to leave my sim and go play her, the labour was going on far to long
    11-09-14_2-20nbspPM_zps146b7458.png

My first triplets
    20141109_142601_zps69b309de.jpg
    11-09-14_2-30nbspPM_zps979c0968.png
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    @Feetinstockings Thanks! Interestingly enough, that wasn't the first time Malcolm paraded around the house in the altogether. I love the looks he's getting from Dad and Minnie. Oh, and it took Minnie 11 weeks and 3 days. It felt like it took me just about as long in RL, given how many Groundhog Day events I had :).

Heh I just can't get over Phillip -- he's a hoot! I don't know how he manages to get everything done, but he's right on top of things. I could barely manage Minnie. Don't know how Phillip can handle so many relationships. Go, Phillip, go! :).

@Ashtonline, so glad you're going to give it a go! Good luck and have fun with it :).
    edited November 2014
    @Feetinstockings Thanks! Interestingly enough, that wasn't the first time Malcolm paraded around the house in the altogether. I love the looks he's getting from Dad and Minnie. Oh, and it took Minnie 11 weeks and 3 days. It felt like it took me just about as long in RL, given how many Groundhog Day events I had :).

Heh I just can't get over Phillip -- he's a hoot! I don't know how he manages to get everything done, but he's right on top of things. I could barely manage Minnie. Don't know how Phillip can handle so many relationships. Go, Phillip, go! :).

@Ashtonline, so glad you're going to give it a go! Good luck and have fun with it :).

Thanks SimPoseyYum
    here are his stats so far.
    his books
    20141109_135548-Copy_zps322c3d39.jpg

His skills
    20141109_135727-Copy_zps6ea58438.jpg
    20141109_135802_zpsd7dd44ea.jpg
    How much money were your sims making a sim week, and how many sim weeks before you reached Baron??

Sorry it took me so long to respond -- I meant to answer earlier and things slipped my mind.

When she was in full stride with publishing, Minnie was pulling in royalties of 5-6000 per day. Had she continued writing, I imagine that rate would have held steady. By the time she finished the Challenge, however, she hadn't written for several weeks and her royalties dropped to about 2,000.

Her paintings were what really sustained her. She painted smalls almost exclusively because she could whip several out per day, even while still managing all her bio-needs. For the majority of the Challenge, I used no bio-rewards. No Steel Bladder, no Hardly Hungry, no whatever it is that makes Sims not sleep.

I didn't keep many earnings records, except in the last 3 days, when she was rushing to make up her deficit. Her house was only worth 302,000 and bills were coming due -- she wanted to complete the Challenge before the lights were turned off. At that point, I did break down and allow her to use Steel Bladder (we were desperate!). During that final stretch, she painted 21 smalls, including 5 Masterpieces. Total value for all 21 = a little over 40,000.

Hope that helps.
    How much money were your sims making a sim week, and how many sim weeks before you reached Baron??

Sorry it took me so long to respond -- I meant to answer earlier and things slipped my mind.

When she was in full stride with publishing, Minnie was pulling in royalties of 5-6000 per day. Had she continued writing, I imagine that rate would have held steady. By the time she finished the Challenge, however, she hadn't written for several weeks and her royalties dropped to about 2,000.

Her paintings were what really sustained her. She painted smalls almost exclusively because she could whip several out per day, even while still managing all her bio-needs. For the majority of the Challenge, I used no bio-rewards. No Steel Bladder, no Hardly Hungry, no whatever it is that makes Sims not sleep.

I didn't keep many earnings records, except in the last 3 days, when she was rushing to make up her deficit. Her house was only worth 302,000 and bills were coming due -- she wanted to complete the Challenge before the lights were turned off. At that point, I did break down and allow her to use Steel Bladder (we were desperate!). During that final stretch, she painted 21 smalls, including 5 Masterpieces. Total value for all 21 = a little over 40,000.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, Phillip just makes over $1400 something a day with royalties.
    I've got him back at the goths house for some much needed rest and painting. did you ever mooch of the poor families??

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, Phillip just makes over $1400 something a day with royalties.
    I've got him back at the goths house for some much needed rest and painting. did you ever mooch of the poor families??

Minnie spent her first several days mooching off a group of roommates. Nice folks, very generous. Sadly, their modest home was stretched to the limit with just the three of them. One bathroom, one computer. Minnie felt really bad asking them to share. She tried to compensate by keeping the refrigerator stocked with freshly made group meals.

Still, she had to keep her own goals in mind, so off she went in search of juicier digs. Enter the Landgraabs.

Interestingly enough, the roommates had 3 bedrooms in a small, single story house. The rich and ritzy Landgraab's have only 2 bedrooms in an expansive, 3-story mansion. Rich folks. Bah.

Ya Phillip prefers the rich ones, Though the Goths as rich as they are had no easel or computer, so I went into build mode from town view and gave them 2 easels a computer and a good single bed, they can afford it, He helps out by making group meals where ever he is, but it eats up his savings, and he fixes stuff, though I've noticed that the gadgets he has in his inventory he has to pay more towards his bills, So I'm trying to use them up by upgrading other sims bathrooms ect, but that takes time away from writing, painting and comedy acts. so I sold them.
  • laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    Okay I definitely want to do this challenge. I've been quite bored with the game lately.
    Okay I definitely want to do this challenge. I've been quite bored with the game lately.

Have fun. can't wait to see who your sim is??
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @feetinstockings and @SimPoseyYum - did you find that the residents became angry when your Sim made a meal at their house? Jack Bivouac (my drifter/moocher) spent his first night at the BFF house of roommates in Willow Creek, and the next morning, to thank them, he fixed breakfast. Summer became really upset with him for making himself that much at home! I guess she felt that wasn't good guest etiquette. I thought he was being helpful!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @feetinstockings and @SimPoseyYum - did you find that the residents became angry when your Sim made a meal at their house? Jack Bivouac (my drifter/moocher) spent his first night at the BFF house of roommates in Willow Creek, and the next morning, to thank them, he fixed breakfast. Summer became really upset with him for making himself that much at home! I guess she felt that wasn't good guest etiquette. I thought he was being helpful!

I haven't had any of the neighbours behave like that, They don't mind my moocher sleeping, bathing eating or making meals, after all it's the moochers money paying for it.
    Callie phoned Phillip asking him to come over, and everyone was home. he had a great time
    11-09-14_8-13nbspPM_zps9cb423aa.png

When Minnie first barged into went into the Roommates house in Willow Creek, the two women seemed a bit put out (the guy was on the computer and didn't seem 🐸🐸🐸🐸 one way or the other). To be fair, they just woke up and found a strange (albeit stunningly gorgeous) woman in their kitchen, whisking up eggs. However, after a quick couple of friendly introductions and Call to Meal, they changed their tune.

The Landgraabs were even more accommodating. Nancy was a touch standoffish at first (fearing competition, perhaps?), but it didn't last long. And, of course, once she burned up in the fire, I think Geoffrey and Malcolm were just happy to still have a female presence in the house. Nancy's ghost was quite pleasant. Didn't even object when Minnie started mooching money off Geoffrey.

In other words, don't worry if the neighbors object initially. It won't last and eventually, they'll accept you as one of their own.

• ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Oh man, my little girl ended up falling in love, preggers and now engaged! I couldn't help her..., she just took over and had it her way. I think that means my time on this challenge is D-O-N-E! I guess it's back to the beginning with another sim.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

Zarriel wrote: »
    Oh man, my little girl ended up falling in love, preggers and now engaged! I couldn't help her..., she just took over and had it her way. I think that means my time on this challenge is D-O-N-E! I guess it's back to the beginning with another sim.

I had to do the same thing lol with my first sim for this challenge.
    Zarriel wrote: »
    Hehehe they really can get away from you if you don't hold on tight :).
    Alright. so I just started today. its been rough let me introduce you to my sim. His name is Kyle Novack 2hcdiyr.png

i've been making him mooch off the goths a lot. and trying to get him to sweep bella off her feet. :p
    @laladottyspotlala

Pleased to meet Kyle! Dashing looking fellow. I think he'll fit in just fine! Have fun!
    @SimPoseyYum how do you set the family funds? I forgot to do that and want to get that taken care of before too much progress happens with his writing books and playing guitar for money
    @SimPoseyYum how do you set the family funds? I forgot to do that and want to get that taken care of before too much progress happens with his writing books and playing guitar for money
    Easy peasy, @laladottyspotlala
    • Open the console (Control+Shift+C)
    • Type "testingcheats on". DO leave the space. Do NOT type the quotation marks. Press Enter.
    • If done correctly, you'll see a message saying "Cheats are enabled". (if no message, try typing "testingcheats true" instead)
    • Once you get that message, type "money 300" (again, no quotation marks). Press Enter.
    • You will see an amount subtracted from your Sim's funds, leaving a balance of 300.
    • To close out, type "testingcheats off" (or "false" if you used "true") and press Enter. You'll see a message verifying that cheats are disabled.
    Voila, you're done! And broke, but oh well :).
    Ooooo @lldottyspotlala, that's right, you've already progressed with the Challenge. If so, do you have some idea of how much Kyle has spent (on food, perhaps) and earned (via tips and royalties and so forth) so far? If you have an idea of how much your balance *should* be, you'll need to consult with @Terrylin to see if it's ok for you to adjust his funds to reflect that. Basically the method would remain the same as described above BUT instead of typing 300, you'd type in whatever you estimate the balance *should* be. But, again, as the Challenge creator, Terrylin is the one who'll determine if that's ok to do.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    OH MY! You all have been busy Moochers! :o

Hello to all and welcome to those who are getting into the moocher club! :)

I see we have our first Mansion Baron Moocher!! Way to go Minnie!!! I know you could do it. You fought hard and beat the odds I hope you were rewarded well and get to relax! Well maybe not because now you have to keep up with the bills for a Mansion! :o

LOL Love your screenshots @SimPoseyYum! Minnie had times when I could see her and you two fisted drinking! Awesome job and great score. Now we have something to go by on how long the challenge is. :)

You asked how to make that shot of Minnie your avi. Mine is saved from TS3, it is a jpg, I don't know if the shots from TS4 are but I believe so. If not we will have to have someone help us convert it to a jpg. I used to do that in paint but couldn't tell you how off the top of my head. Our avi can only be 2mb or under. Found some help: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_convert_images_with_MS_Paint
    Remember to make a copy to be safe! :)

Thank you for all of your help and ideas in this challenge! :D

I will be back to you again as I try and respond to all these new posts! :o Again Thank you! I really enjoyed Minnies story and she taught us a thing or two also! ;)
    Ok! What a fun challenge! Thanks, @Terrylin! I've got my first chapter posted: Rolling Into Town

I love it!! I am following you so I will get every chapter as you put them up! :D
    I envy you guys that can write good stories! Keep them coming!! :)

Welcome Kyle, his a handsome bloke.
    Terrylin wrote: »
    No I can't upload it isn't all mine.
    Philip has been so busy today, His first son was born, and his son's mummy is now his girlfriend. But that happened later.
    Philip stayed at the best friends house
    and had his second son

While being back on my home lot, where my ship crashed, My second son was born, I hadn't seen his mother in a few days, and while she was away I got very close to her room mate

So please meet Bailey son number 2

I also got to have some time with my first girlfriend Callie

I now have about $15.000 and 10 published books.

Dang photobucket! Take two!! :\

Oh Phillip you busy little Blue Man you! :o Two beautiful babies how are you going to choose when you complete this challenge? ;)

How many more are on the way? We saw you eyeing Nancy Landgraab! :p

Love your story Phillip! Keep them coming feetinstockings! :)

His going to marry Callie, there really good together. The married sims are harder to woo, but I'll keep trying. It seems you need a higher relationship first before you start the romance, I left Mrs Landgrab with a slight pink bar, so we shall see. First I'm going to stay around Summer holiday see if baby number three is a little blue girl. lol

I'm sorry if I seemed short about the learning centre, But it really isn't all mine, I just downloaded a library I liked, and altered it. I like a kitchen in all my community lots. and for anyone who hasn't noticed when your in build mode on a community lot, there are tabs at the top that will let you know if you have the right amount of certain furniture for the lot. I keep to this. I didn't mean to sound rude.

I have only gone into the other households, to either place better beds, I hope this is ok, and in the houses where he has children I've gone in long enough to place a bed for the child and a toy box, sometimes I've had to sell some of their furniture to do this. But I haven't played them. I've gone straight into buy, bought and gone into live and exited the lot.

If any of this is a no no. please let me know and I'll start again. no worries.

Hi ya @feetinstockings :)

Phillip has been very busy! :o How many children does he have now? I lost track! :p I have to laugh because every time I see Phillip I think of the commercial for Intel with Blue Man Group! Anyone remember them? :p If not just google it and you will see what I mean! ;)

No I didn't think you were being short at all. You said previously that you downloaded the Learning Center from the gallery. I didn't think you had to upload it for us at all. :)

Going in and putting in children stuff is a great idea. And you did just fine you didn't add anything to help Phillip just for the kids! Good job! :D

Hey this is meant to be fun quit worrying about the small stuff! ;)

I bet I get back to you as I try to answer all these posts! ;)

Happy mooching! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top