Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2014
    Philip
    "Well my first son was born, I'm lost for words, his just perfect."
    11-08-14_6-26nbspPM_zps39179dc6.png
    11-08-14_6-28nbspPM_zpsd5657b02.png

After a feed and a cuddle I aged him up straight away, I won't be around to see him grow, or to take care of him. I realize I need to provide for my soul mate and my son. So sadly I have to leave and make money. maybe one day I'll be able to take them home.
    11-08-14_6-32nbspPM_zps0d87369f.png

My soul mate suggested a rich family that have what I need, so here I am at the Landgrabs house.
    Do you think this is what she meant??
    11-08-14_7-09nbspPM_zps76014dad.png

"Oh my she is so pretty".
    11-08-14_7-15nbspPM_zps3958a0f0.png

• SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    This Challenge is just about to make me cry. :( I have never, ever had as much (technical) difficulty with a Challenge as I have with this one. I should be done by now, but at every turn, the game dumps a truckload of plum on me. Wahhhh.

This morning, Minnie had a nice, cushiony bank of 377,000, more than enough to start building her castle and have a bit leftover. But the game said Nooooooo! Every time she tried to teleport home, CRASH. On the couple of times she did make it home safely, the first save on the lot = CRASH. Back to square one. This is how the whole morning and afternoon went. Restart after restart after restart.

After several of these awful fits and starts, I was able to help Minnie construct a decent home. But, because it had taken literally all (RL) day, by the time the home was mostly to my liking, depreciation had set in big time. I wasn't aware that depreciation could happen while in construction mode :(. It probably happened during the times I switched back to Live mode to check on what else was needed. Soooo, Minnie's 377,000 bank ended up building a house that was worth only 302,000 and Minnie with only 15,000 left in cash. /sigh

Minnie needed more money. And here's where I goofed on the rules for the Challenge. I let her Tell Jokes at the mike to raise Social, then I let her make some eggs (Hunger was crimson). After that, she took a shower and went to bed. I saved and (holy cow) didn't crash.

That's when I realized Minnie had, in essence, broken the most basic rule of the Challenge :(. She lived in the home for nearly 24 game-hours. And I can't fix that because, this time, the save actually worked (/rolleyes of all the times to NOT crash).

Realizing my mistake, I figured the best I could do is to have her run back to the Landgraab's and finish up her money-making activities there. I assume she'll need to earn at least another 50-60,000 :# to hit the 350,000 and cover any depreciation. Sadly, when she picked up the phone to travel...

Well, you can guess what happened.

/sigh I feel like I'm never gonna finish this Challenge :).

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @feetinstockings - I love your Local Learning Center - is it on the Gallery? And @TerryLin, is it ok in the rules if we create a community center that's like a Youth Hostel with a dormitory?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @TerryLin - Oh, I just saw where you say no sleeping on public venues, so please disregard my question about a Youth Hostel community lot. I do have another question, though--normal or long life span? (I'm planning to do this long life span, even if the challenge is normal, so I can spin it into a more developed game after the challenge is over... ) Ok! I'm off to CAS to create my drifter/moocher!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @SimPoseyYum - do you think it's the saving when your Sim isn't on the lot that's causing the crashes?

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    This Challenge is just about to make me cry. :( I have never, ever had as much (technical) difficulty with a Challenge as I have with this one. I should be done by now, but at every turn, the game dumps a truckload of plum on me. Wahhhh.

This morning, Minnie had a nice, cushiony bank of 377,000, more than enough to start building her castle and have a bit leftover. But the game said Nooooooo! Every time she tried to teleport home, CRASH. On the couple of times she did make it home safely, the first save on the lot = CRASH. Back to square one. This is how the whole morning and afternoon went. Restart after restart after restart.

After several of these awful fits and starts, I was able to help Minnie construct a decent home. But, because it had taken literally all (RL) day, by the time the home was mostly to my liking, depreciation had set in big time. I wasn't aware that depreciation could happen while in construction mode :(. It probably happened during the times I switched back to Live mode to check on what else was needed. Soooo, Minnie's 377,000 bank ended up building a house that was worth only 302,000 and Minnie with only 15,000 left in cash. /sigh

Minnie needed more money. And here's where I goofed on the rules for the Challenge. I let her Tell Jokes at the mike to raise Social, then I let her make some eggs (Hunger was crimson). After that, she took a shower and went to bed. I saved and (holy cow) didn't crash.

That's when I realized Minnie had, in essence, broken the most basic rule of the Challenge :(. She lived in the home for nearly 24 game-hours. And I can't fix that because, this time, the save actually worked (/rolleyes of all the times to NOT crash).

Realizing my mistake, I figured the best I could do is to have her run back to the Landgraab's and finish up her money-making activities there. I assume she'll need to earn at least another 50-60,000 :# to hit the 350,000 and cover any depreciation. Sadly, when she picked up the phone to travel...

Well, you can guess what happened.

/sigh I feel like I'm never gonna finish this Challenge :).

OHHH NOOO!! :o Silly game quit that right now! :\

Don't worry about sleeping at the house after all the stuff that happened to poor Minnie she deserved to sleep at least one night there. ;) I figured we would need more than $350,000 to be sure we could complete the challenge. I would have thought $377,000 was enough. :o

I am tending to agree with CathyTea that saving off your main lot does cause issues. I didn't want to sound like I was telling people how to play their game is the only reason I didn't say anymore than I already have. That said every time I shut down David is on his home lot! I do save while I am playing wherever though. I learned that doing the homeless challenge in TS3, if I save off lot it would crash after playing for awhile. :)

Well my fingers are crossed that when you start to play tomorrow Minnie can finish her house!! :)
    Remember to delete your cache files that may help some too! :)

You will be the first to complete the challenge!! Go Minnie GO!! :p

CathyTea wrote: »
    @TerryLin - Oh, I just saw where you say no sleeping on public venues, so please disregard my question about a Youth Hostel community lot. I do have another question, though--normal or long life span? (I'm planning to do this long life span, even if the challenge is normal, so I can spin it into a more developed game after the challenge is over... ) Ok! I'm off to CAS to create my drifter/moocher!

Well you answered your own question but I will say a Hostel would be nice in one of my other games! ;)
    Age or lifespan doesn't matter. Ageing on, off, long or short whatever you wish. I will say that this challenge will take 8+ weeks.

Welcome Aboard! Happy Mooching! :D

edited November 2014
    @Terrylin and @CathyTea (welcome to the Challenge, CathyTea!!!), a good number of Minnie's crashes have been on her own lot. I'd say, on average, Minnie crashes 1 out of every 4 saves out in the wild. On her lot, it's 1 out of 2. Minnie often crashes on travel, as well. It doesn't seem to matter if I use Map travel (press M) or if I use phone travel. I hold my breath every time I encounter a loading screen because I'd say at least 33% of them end with me on the desktop.

There doesn't seem to be any real rhyme, reason or pattern to her crashes.

Other Sims 4 files I've played haven't crashed nearly as much. The biggest difference between those files and Minnie's are that I rarely travel with those Sims. I absolutely abhor the loading screens so, with the exception of Minnie, most of my Sims are basically hermits.

I'm an eternal optimist, though, which is why I haven't kept any real stats (and why I keep plugging away at this :)). I keep telling myself, ok, that was the last crash, things will go better from here on. :D

Edit: Oh, using "Save As..." on the lot also crashes. This file is just doomed :).
    Ah, yes! Nice I'm doing it long life span, because I love long life span (I get enough of the rushed pace of normal in the legacy!), and I'm tentatively planning that once the mansion is built (end of this challenge), I'll use this as a new base for, maybe, an orphan challenge or something! Every time I adopt and see those cute kids on the adopt page, I always want to adopt a houseful! So, if this game doesn't crash and burn, maybe I'll do that at the very end! I'm hoping to start my blog with it tonight (the story will be called "Drifter") and I'll let you know when it's up! Yay! Thanks for the challenge--I'm excited to get started!

edited November 2014
    No I can't upload it isn't all mine.
    Philip has been so busy today, His first son was born, and his son's mummy is now his girlfriend. But that happened later.
    Philip stayed at the best friends house
    and had his second son
    11-09-14_12-25nbspAM-2_zps71a869d0.png
    While being back on my home lot, where my ship crashed, My second son was born, I hadn't seen his mother in a few days, and while she was away I got very close to her room mate
    11-09-14_12-37nbspAM_zps1c91599c.png
    So please meet Bailey son number 2
    11-09-14_12-32nbspAM_zpsf42efbfa.png

I also got to have some time with my first girlfriend Callie

11-09-14_12-17nbspAM_zps1ba955f7.png

I now have about $15.000 and 10 published books.
    I'm sorry to hear about your game SimPoseyum. I hope it behaves itself from now on.
    I haven't had any trouble saving my game no mater where I am. Though to be honest I've never stayed at my own lot long enough, just enough time to post my books. all my bills can be paid on any comp.
    I haven't slept on a community lot only napped, is this ok???
    @Terrylin and @CathyTea (welcome to the Challenge, CathyTea!!!), a good number of Minnie's crashes have been on her own lot. I'd say, on average, Minnie crashes 1 out of every 4 saves out in the wild. On her lot, it's 1 out of 2. Minnie often crashes on travel, as well. It doesn't seem to matter if I use Map travel (press M) or if I use phone travel. I hold my breath every time I encounter a loading screen because I'd say at least 33% of them end with me on the desktop.

There doesn't seem to be any real rhyme, reason or pattern to her crashes.

Other Sims 4 files I've played haven't crashed nearly as much. The biggest difference between those files and Minnie's are that I rarely travel with those Sims. I absolutely abhor the loading screens so, with the exception of Minnie, most of my Sims are basically hermits.

I'm an eternal optimist, though, which is why I haven't kept any real stats (and why I keep plugging away at this :)). I keep telling myself, ok, that was the last crash, things will go better from here on. :D

Edit: Oh, using "Save As..." on the lot also crashes. This file is just doomed :).

Oh Dear our little Minnie is really challenging the game itself it seems! :o

Well you could save a copy of her to your library and if the crashing gets to bad then just load her into a new game. I was asking in a thread and they said your sim keeps all skills, aspiration etc... dang I didn't ask about money but would assume that saves as well. I did this with David today and almost had to use it. Patch made my game wonky. I went back a week and it played fine.

You and Minnie have been through allot together I know you both will make it!! :D

CathyTea wrote: »
    Ah, yes! Nice I'm doing it long life span, because I love long life span (I get enough of the rushed pace of normal in the legacy!), and I'm tentatively planning that once the mansion is built (end of this challenge), I'll use this as a new base for, maybe, an orphan challenge or something! Every time I adopt and see those cute kids on the adopt page, I always want to adopt a houseful! So, if this game doesn't crash and burn, maybe I'll do that at the very end! I'm hoping to start my blog with it tonight (the story will be called "Drifter") and I'll let you know when it's up! Yay! Thanks for the challenge--I'm excited to get started!

That sounds like a great idea when you finish this challenge!

David will get to marry his sweetheart and have a family when he gets done. I think he is looking forward to that because his girlfriend calls all the time and stays almost every night with him at the SKL house! :p

Yes please let us know when you get it up! I would love to read it. :)

How much money were your sims making a sim week, and how many sim weeks before you reached Baron??
    Philip has been so busy today, His first son was born, and his son's mummy is now his girlfriend. But that happened later.
    and had his second son

While being back on my home lot, where my ship crashed, My second son was born, I hadn't seen his mother in a few days, and while she was away I got very close to her room mate

Dang photobucket! Take two!! :\

Oh Phillip you busy little Blue Man you! :o Two beautiful babies how are you going to choose when you complete this challenge? ;)

How many more are on the way? We saw you eyeing Nancy Landgraab! :p

Love your story Phillip! Keep them coming feetinstockings! :)

How much money were your sims making a sim week, and how many sim weeks before you reached Baron??

I haven't finished yet! :( RL has put a stop to my regular play BUT I have cleared out some of the RL issues! ;)

Once you get past the 2 week point your money should double each week or a little more than double. Kinda depends how much work and no play or a balance of work and play really! I stick to David writing one book a day and painting 3-4 paintings then he has time for his girlfriend and play time! :p

I'm sorry to hear about your game SimPoseyum. I hope it behaves itself from now on.
    I haven't had any trouble saving my game no mater where I am. Though to be honest I've never stayed at my own lot long enough, just enough time to post my books. all my bills can be paid on any comp.
    I haven't slept on a community lot only napped, is this ok???

Well napping is fudging a little but shouldn't be an issue. Real sleep should be on mooching lot though please! ;)
    You are doing great! :)

edited November 2014
    Ok! What a fun challenge! Thanks, @Terrylin! I've got my first chapter posted: Rolling Into Town

Well, well, welly, well... Let's just get to the bottom line, shall we?

We're D O N E! Woot woot!!!
    VeIgsTx.png

Never thought I'd get to make that picture or this post :). Yes, Minnie (and I) survived, not *too* much worse for the wear, although Minnie did get a bit pudgy at the end (had to concentrate on the bank, no time to exercise and eat right).

Ok, as far as scoring goes, Minnie ended up with:
    • Friends made during Challenge = 4 ............................................... 8 points (pathetic, I know!)
    • Aspirations completed 100% = 2 .................................................... 40 points
    • Other Aspiration Milestones completed = 10 ................................. 10 points
    • Skills maxed out = 4 ...................................................................... 40 points
    • Other skills = 28 ............................................................................ 28 points
    • Extra landscaping = none .............................................................. 0 points
    • Rooms/Areas in House = 7 ........................................................... 140 points (please see note for how I calculated rooms/areas)
    • Time passed = 11 weeks, 3 days .................................................... -79 points (reflects 1 day grace period)
    • Total score ..................................................................................... 187 points

As you can see, the house isn't much to look at and is rather sparsely decorated, but it fits the bill for the Challenge.
    4fGG0PG.png

Note on how I calculated Rooms/Areas -- the open area = 3 rooms (kitchen, great room, musicroom/study), bedroom, 2 bathrooms, home gym. I didn't count the foyer/hallway. Here's the floorplan:
    1DXv0u7.png

Even with all the tech trials and tribulations, I had an absolute blast doing this Challenge! Good luck to all of you still working through!

Thanks, again, @Terrylin for putting it all together! /hugs

Now that I've finished up, please allow me to share few extra Minnie Moments:

1) Did you notice the dateline when Minnie finished? Tuesday, 10pm. Exactly 12 hours before the next set of bills (16,553) became overdue. Talk about pressure to complete the Challenge before she had to pay that!

2) Is there any doubt whatsoever that these two are father and son?
    29pDRQJ.png?1

3) Minnie takes her mooching to a whole new level. Here she is mooching 500 off Geoffrey, with the full approval of Ghost Nancy:
    Lldjmz2.png?1

4) Minnie didn't do all her mooching off the Landgraab's. Here she is at a full, sitdown dinner with the Spencer-Kim-Lewis clan. Until now, I'd never seen a sitdown meal where everyone actually made it to the table at the same time!
    jIY6XvK.png?1

5) Our Minnie can really knock 'em back -- she's a two-fisted drinker! Chug chug chug!
    qZe2FnC.png?1

6) I want to make this my avatar but can't figure out how. When I tried, it got really blurry. I'll keep trying though 'cause I think it's funny:
    EPLCJ4O.png?1

7) Whoops, looks like Minnie's actions were a bit lag-o-licious -- this pic was taken at least 20 sim-minutes after she woke up:
    qxfATzK.png?1

8) And finally, I don't even have words... (what??? SimPoseyYum, speechless???). Care to come up with a caption for this one?
    FC7LV9g.png
    Now that I've finished up, please allow me to share few extra Minnie Moments:

8) And finally, I don't even have words... (what??? SimPoseyYum, speechless???). Care to come up with a caption for this one?
    FC7LV9g.png

This same thing happened in my game at the same house, and another house to, No comment lol.

SimPoseyum, you did great, how many sim weeks did it take you??
    Terrylin wrote: »
    and had his second son

Dang photobucket! Take two!! :\

Oh Phillip you busy little Blue Man you! :o Two beautiful babies how are you going to choose when you complete this challenge? ;)

How many more are on the way? We saw you eyeing Nancy Landgraab! :p

Love your story Phillip! Keep them coming feetinstockings! :)

His going to marry Callie, there really good together. The married sims are harder to woo, but I'll keep trying. It seems you need a higher relationship first before you start the romance, I left Mrs Landgrab with a slight pink bar, so we shall see. First I'm going to stay around Summer holiday see if baby number three is a little blue girl. lol

I'm sorry if I seemed short about the learning centre, But it really isn't all mine, I just downloaded a library I liked, and altered it. I like a kitchen in all my community lots. and for anyone who hasn't noticed when your in build mode on a community lot, there are tabs at the top that will let you know if you have the right amount of certain furniture for the lot. I keep to this. I didn't mean to sound rude.

I have only gone into the other households, to either place better beds, I hope this is ok, and in the houses where he has children I've gone in long enough to place a bed for the child and a toy box, sometimes I've had to sell some of their furniture to do this. But I haven't played them. I've gone straight into buy, bought and gone into live and exited the lot.

If any of this is a no no. please let me know and I'll start again. no worries.
    edited November 2014
    Summer hasn't been home in a few days, so I decided to have a day at the river, hmmmm free buns,
    Callie
    "Hi Philip I just came by to tell you."
    11-09-14_12-29nbspPM_zps81241213.png

Townie Mmmm what has he been up to??
    11-09-14_12-29nbspPM-2_zpsff7f5225.png

Callie, "would you like to feel the baby?" "just make sure baby is ok."
    11-09-14_12-32nbspPM_zps9f3d4b0a.png
    After wooing with Callie for a while, it was time to head back and visit Summer.

Philip
    "well hello there, my beautiful daughter."
    11-09-14_12-42nbspPM_zps4031fa19.png

I may take her with me when I finally marry Callie. I don't know how Callie will react, Lets see what the future holds for all of us.
    Now I need to get some work done. I have more parts for my ship. and a book that needs finishing.

Narrator, I'm a little disappointed that the last two children aren't blue, I thought this would be the more dominant colour. Well Callie is expecting again after getting pregnant at the landgrabs, lets see what baby number 4 will be.
  • ASHTONLINEASHTONLINE Posts: 1 New Member
    Sounds interesting. Going to give it a try! :)
    edited November 2014
    ASHTONLINE wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. Going to give it a try! :)

Ashonline having the kids isn't needed, lol that's my idea of a good game. The other simmers are just getting their sims to baron without populating their hoods with little blue men. lol have fun.

Phillip's two children, Ashley and Blair?
    11-09-14_1-10nbspPM_zpsad41b2a1.png
    Post edited by feetinstockings on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top