Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else started watching season 1 of the walking dead because of the video game?

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
I did!
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Oh, an off topic section. I like this...now watch EA take it away eventually too, lol.

Okay in all seriousness, yes and no. I "tried" watching the first episode of TWD tv series and could not get in to it. Just everything seemed unbelieveable and fake which hindered any likeability for me. Now of course zombie outbreaks are fiction but I'm saying I did not get a sense of believability within a fictional predicament. I can play TWD TTG and feel immersed in the world/characters/atmosphere/dire situations/etc. Whereas I don't have that same experience trying to watch the tv series.

Maybe I need to give it another try but the first episode, to me, ruined the whole mood and was so fake as if trying too hard. Wonder if I would like TWD comic book series any better. Which reminds me that I do want start reading up on Fables.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I didn't get hooked until episode 3 or so. I've been wanting to do that too.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    Sometimes it does take a few episodes to get interesting, although depending it may never catch my interest, lol. But I'll try again and watch more than just the first episode.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • VeatorVeator Posts: 41 Member
    It took me nearly the entire first season before I got hooked. Commitment.
    Lol, the whole first season is quite too much for me if I'm not interested in the first few episodes. I guess I'm a lot like my late Mom then, if something doesn't catch my interest right away or at least within what I feel is a reasonable amount of time then forget continuing watching the movie/tv show.

Like the new Cabin in the Woods, I couldn't even finish the first thirty minutes. The same with Silent Hill Revelations. Even Resident Evil live action movies held my interest from beginning to end. Although the first one is still my favorite and I didn't see Retribution yet. Huh? Didn't know Leon was in it, lol. But of course the CGI movies are canon and both good although Damnation definitely improved over Degeneration. I remember asking at Capcom Unity why Leon's animation was so stiff, like he barely moved except for those certain action scenes and someone's like oh because Claire....

Hehe, uh no. Yes a joke but I can't see Leon/Claire pair up. First game was RE2 so yeah no doubt how they feel about each other so I ship Leon/Ada, lol.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Okay in all seriousness, yes and no. I "tried" watching the first episode of TWD tv series and could not get in to it.

I actually watched about half of season 1 and then stopped watching.....just couldn't get into it. Then one night either out of boredom with what was on TV or because I had heard so many people talk about it I thought I would give TWD another chance. I opened up my Kindle, fired up Netflix and started season 1 over. I'll admit that I kind of had to slog through some parts of season 1....but once I got into season 2 I really did get hooked. Looking back it almost seems like the entirety of season 1 was to lay groundwork for the series...or they got better writers. Long story short...I took my Kindle to bed and I was still awake and watching at 5am.

But about your question.....I'd be interested to know if any fans of the show started playing the game because of the show.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright