Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think I'm going to try this one too. So what do you do? Just invite yourself over? And they don't tell you to go after a while? Or that your sim is being inappropriate?
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Zarriel wrote: »
    We need an official Moocher Challenge Rule List.

I will have to work on that when I get more time. The rules are in the first post with amendments in the second Q&A post. I may have started this challenge but I am open to any ideas anyone has for the challenge.

Right now I am on a break from tearing out my bathroom floor and repairing a leak. :\ So I will try when I get a chance to make a better list of the rules for you! May even use it as a excuse for a break!! :p

Anything you don't quite understand just ask and one of us will be more than happy to answer you! :)

Let the Mooching Begin! ;)

Hi Terrylin,

I did read the the first post but with all the info in there I guess the rules just escaped my brain! I'm a duh bunny today..., I know this but what can I say? My blonde roots are showing their blonde roots! Nothing against blondes! I'm talking about my OWN blondness. :p

Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    edited November 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I think I'm going to try this one too. So what do you do? Just invite yourself over? And they don't tell you to go after a while? Or that your sim is being inappropriate?

Hi there, @Fullspiral! It's easy enough to weasel your way into homes, if not their hearts. The first one I tried, I just knocked on the door and went in. Didn't know them at all. Went straight into the kitchen and made a Group Meal. Oh, two the residents protested, until I called them to meal. Then they were all smiles and hungry bellies, and we were off to a good start.

Unlike Sims 3, no one has called my Sims Inappropriate, nor has anyone kicked my Sim out of the house. I started this Challenge recently on Sims 3 and boy, that was an eye-opener. Literally -- at 3:30am, the homeowners boot my Sim out of bed and throw her into the street in her nighties! I've learned to have her go to sleep earlier so that by 3:30am she's pretty much fully rested anyway :).

Edit: dadblasted typos
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

YAY! Break time for me! :)

Hello @fullspiral :)

Yep that all you have to do. Knock on their door and waltz right on in. They welcome you in and you actually never have to leave. I enjoy taking David from house to house but some of them fit the challenge better like the Spencer-Kim-Lewis, Pancakes and Landgraab. They have the items you use to write books and paint in their homes. I do have my sim cook family meals on occasion so I don't feel to moochie, plus David can only take Gramps hot dogs for so long! :p

Go out there and start mooching! :D

Well Nina got pregnant and I did a silly thing I married them, they are so good with each other, always wanting to kiss and talk to each other, he wasn't getting a lot of anything else done. So I'm going to start again and go more slowly with the freindships and build them up slowly.
    another simmer has a great blue alien and I'm hoping there going to upload him, he would be great for this challenge.
    11-06-14_7-26nbspPM_zps5a9473f5.png
    11-06-14_7-31nbspPM_zps651c3994.png

AWW You softy! I agree the baby needs a daddy so yep he should be with Nina! They look so happy! :)

Cool I can't wait to see your Blue Alien Moocher!

I decided Davids girlfriend was going to have to wait till he finishes this challenge. Taking 2 sims all over town is just to much for me! Plus it is kinda neat all he has to do is call her and they can spend the night together at whatever house he is staying at! ;)

Happy Mooching! :)

We need an official Moocher Challenge Rule List.

I will have to work on that when I get more time. The rules are in the first post with amendments in the second Q&A post. I may have started this challenge but I am open to any ideas anyone has for the challenge.

Right now I am on a break from tearing out my bathroom floor and repairing a leak. :\ So I will try when I get a chance to make a better list of the rules for you! May even use it as a excuse for a break!! :p

Anything you don't quite understand just ask and one of us will be more than happy to answer you! :)

Let the Mooching Begin! ;)

Hi Terrylin,

I did read the the first post but with all the info in there I guess the rules just escaped my brain! I'm a duh bunny today..., I know this but what can I say? My blonde roots are showing their blonde roots! Nothing against blondes! I'm talking about my OWN blondness. :p

LOL Well I was gonna say I did get long winded but since you covered for me.... :p

No really I do need to make a better rule list. All of them are there I just tried to explain why I made them a rule. Told ya I was new at this! ;)

I hope you could understand them ok and if you have any questions please ask! :)

Happy Mooching!

Hi there, @Fullspiral! It's easy enough to weasel your way into homes, if not their hearts. The first one I tried, I just knocked on the door and went in. Didn't know them at all. Went straight into the kitchen and made a Group Meal. Oh, two the residents protested, until I called them to meal. Then they were all smiles and hungry bellies, and we were off to a good start.

Unlike Sims 3, no one has called my Sims Inappropriate, nor has anyone kicked my Sim out of the house. I started this Challenge recently on Sims 3 and boy, that was an eye-opener. Literally -- at 3:30am, the homeowners boot my Sim out of bed and throw her into the street in her nighties! I've learned to have her go to sleep earlier so that by 3:30am she's pretty much fully rested anyway :).

Edit: dadblasted typos

Hey this would have been good in TS3. You would have to sleep early though. They will also kick you out of their home when they had to go to work or leave the property. TS3 makes it more of a challenge because of the inappropriate issue. Making food sets them off then if you use the shower they get ticked too. They would ask you to leave. :p

Thank you for answering fullspiral. I like your answer better than mine, much more fun to read! Having to plumb all day just isn't helping me have a sense of humor! :p

edited November 2014
    ...Having to plumb all day just isn't helping me have a sense of humor! :p

Are you at least scavenging for parts afterwards? And don't forget to throw away the piles -- they stink after a few hours!

This answer would have been a lot funnier if I hadn't goofed up the quotes part :).

edited November 2014
    ...Having to plumb all day just isn't helping me have a sense of humor! :p

Are you at least scavenging for parts afterwards? And don't forget to throw away the piles -- they stink after a few hours!

This answer would have been a lot funnier if I hadn't goofed up the quotes part :).

I always have extra parts! :p The clean up is going to take a couple days! :o Geez I think everything is wet! Thank heavens it wont start to give off green smoke after a few hours! :p
    Got it all tore out and the water line fixed! Now to replace the hole and dry out the rest of the room. :\

Geez I hate it when RL gets it's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in a knot and wants our undivided attention! :\

I love reading your posts! I really needed a smile too! Thank you all for that! ;)

I think I smell ambrosia....anything to eat would be good right now! Even Gramps Hot Dogs!! :p
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

AWW You softy! I agree the baby needs a daddy so yep he should be with Nina! They look so happy! :)

Cool I can't wait to see your Blue Alien Moocher!

I decided Davids girlfriend was going to have to wait till he finishes this challenge. Taking 2 sims all over town is just to much for me! Plus it is kinda neat all he has to do is call her and they can spend the night together at whatever house he is staying at! ;)

[/quote]

They are, I would have taken them both around, but she is preggies, so that's a no deal. I built them a little house and left them to play another day.

I didn't know that you could call a girlfriend over and woohooo in someone elses house, this is so cool.
    edited November 2014
    Ok let's try again
    Please meet Philip Friend, yes that's his name, His an Alien, I downloaded him from the gallery, he was a girl but he was the closest I could find to the alien I had seen on here. I tweaked him slightly. and changed his name and sex.
    11-06-14_8-36nbspPM_zps2f020b45.png

he soon got to playing badly at the new park
    11-06-14_8-55nbspPM_zpsf6a3e3c6.png

when he got tired enough he went to visit the ???? can't remember, but they like his jokes
    11-06-14_10-58nbspPM_zpscffa0adf.png

I'm on PB so have to load one pic at a time.
    He did some work at the library and when everyone went home he napped
    11-06-14_11-21nbspPM_zpsfea8094e.png

as soon as he woke up his energy went straight down again, these are cheap sofa's so the council put in new sofa's
    11-06-14_11-24nbspPM_zpsff2fb1d5.png

more pics soon, I'll be away tomorrow so no playing until tomorrow evening maybe.
    Phillip's been a busy guy, @feetinstockings :). Do you know where he's from? Is he from another planet? Is he a tourist or looking to put down roots here in SimWorld?
    edited November 2014
    Ok Philip story.
    Philip in his ship.
    "I don't know what the fuss was, I told the mayor a joke, now his in a mental home, whisked away and no one gets to see him. What did I say?? it was just a joke. "

Philip's Diary
    Left home, well asked to leave the planet, what?? leave the planet. I grumbled and tried to stay, but no one would listen, it was just a joke. Oh yes they don't do jokes. Just read and read some more. Now where did that joke book come from. Oh yes my grandparents.

narrator,
    While Philip is in turmoil about leaving his home world and many thoughts going through his head, he doesn't see the red light, danger is about to happen.

Philip
    "Oh plum now what??
    narrator, by the time Philip finished saying this he was unconscious and the ship was heading to Sim world.

Philip
    "Oh my head, where am I?????"

Narrator. Philip finds himself not hurt so goes exploring and he knows his not home, the colour is all wrong, It's not blue.

more to come.
    i'm no good at stories but I will try.

Thanks for the fun backstory, @feetinstockings! "...the colour is all wrong, it's not blue..." Made me chuckle :D. I love backstories, discovering how our Sims found themselves in the position they were in when the Challenge started. Looking forward to reading more about Phillip and his adventures in this foreign world!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm jumping all over the place lol. I've got my main family who just had a baby, and mom is at level 9 of the secret agent career.

I've got my room challenge guy, but I haven't set up this challenge yet. That might be tomorrow, but thanks for the tips guys!
    Ok Philip story.
    Philip in his ship.
    "I don't know what the fuss was, I told the mayor a joke, now his in a mental home, whisked away and no one gets to see him. What did I say?? it was just a joke. "

Philip's Diary
    Left home, well asked to leave the planet, what?? leave the planet. I grumbled and tried to stay, but no one would listen, it was just a joke. Oh yes they don't do jokes. Just read and read some more. Now where did that joke book come from. Oh yes my grandparents.

narrator,
    While Philip is in turmoil about leaving his home world and many thoughts going through his head, he doesn't see the red light, danger is about to happen.

Philip
    "Oh plum now what??
    narrator, by the time Philip finished saying this he was unconscious and the ship was heading to Sim world.

Philip
    "Oh my head, where am I?????"

Narrator. Philip finds himself not hurt so goes exploring and he knows his not home, the colour is all wrong, It's not blue.

more to come.
    i'm no good at stories but I will try.

Hello Phillip nice to meet you!
    Psst Um watch out for the Caliente's they are looking for fine young men such as yourself to have a family with! :o

Well Phillip I believe you are off to a very good start all you need now is to find a friendly neighbor that has all the essentials for you to do your research on this new world you found yourself in, and start making some money. And a much more comfortable place to sleep I might add! ;)

Can't wait to hear all of Phillip's stories!

Happy Mooching :)

I'm jumping all over the place lol. I've got my main family who just had a baby, and mom is at level 9 of the secret agent career.

I've got my room challenge guy, but I haven't set up this challenge yet. That might be tomorrow, but thanks for the tips guys!

LOL This sounds like my save list. I have at least 6 saved games that I jump in and out of. I will say that David is my star at the moment. ;)

If you have any questions ask away. :)

• ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Hummm, my little Moocher is living in the lap of luxury! Pics to follow...,
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

edited November 2014
    Philip soon visited the Caliente's. is it me or do we have an extra sister?
    Philip well ladies it's lovely to meet you all "
    11-07-14_10-03nbspPM-2_zps86639f99.png
    Narrator the next morning Philip soon became besotted with Diana
    11-07-14_11-02nbspPM_zps8c01c51c.png

But he has work to do and after practicing his new comedy routine at the lounge he met the bar's beautiful violin player.
    11-07-14_11-16nbspPM_zps98fabac1.png

Now I was wondering why when taking pics, their thought bubbles don't show up in the pic. in the above pic his telling her all about his space ship, and she was asking if they have dinosaurs on his planet??

But he needs a goodnight sleep where better then the Goth house.
    11-07-14_11-21nbspPM_zps3c86725f.png

I didn't take a pic of him walking in on bella having a pee, and he didn't need and I didn't tell him, but as soon as she got up
    Narrator, no comment
    11-07-14_11-25nbspPM_zps1e6ccb39.png

"Excuse me but does everyone pee look like this."
    11-07-14_11-25nbspPM-2_zps0bc6ace1.png

More to come.
    edited November 2014
    at the local learning centre Philip makes a meal. but has no way of asking everyone to join in his meal,
    11-08-14_12-59nbspAM_zpsaa5312e6.png

"I'm so sad no one likes my jokes."
    11-08-14_12-44nbspAM_zps08a83efe.png

Narrator, Phillip learns a new skill, the money comes in quicker. he has also just sold his first childrens book.
    11-08-14_12-20nbspAM_zps9f30c7c8.png
    edited November 2014
    Off to a very good start with Phillip @feetinstockings! :)

The extra Caliente is their mother Katrina. I believe in their write up they said she is the one who moved in Don L. ;)

Congrats on selling your first of many books! Nice painting too! Hint grab the easel in every house you visit and leave a painting on there. If the owner of the house puts a painting on the easel you can't use it without having to change households and deleting it. :)

Yay I am going to play David today! :)

PS I love your learning center! :)
    @Feetinstockings Learning Center??? Color me jealous! But I feel so sorry for poor Phillip at the mike. I can just hear him tapping that microphone on his forehead (Sims do that for some reason) and wondering "Is this thing on???".

@Terrylin Yay David-time! You've earned it. Woot woot!
    @Feetinstockings Learning Center??? Color me jealous! But I feel so sorry for poor Phillip at the mike. I can just hear him tapping that microphone on his forehead (Sims do that for some reason) and wondering "Is this thing on???".

@Terrylin Yay David-time! You've earned it. Woot woot!

IKR I am green with envy over the Learning Center! :D

Geez My computer is getting updates from everything! Sure hope the pool patch doesn't bork David's game! I have him saved so Knock on wood! If it does I will just start over again. :o To fun not to! :p

Happy Mooching everyone! :)

Hum If I have to start over I just might build David a Learning Center! :p

edited November 2014
    Thanks everyone, the learning centre is a library I downloaded and tweaked, put in a kitchen, less comps and more learning stuff, upstairs I have a microscope and childrens painting tables.

Philip tries it on with Bella
    11-08-14_1-41nbspPM-2_zpsf9231d63.png

Philip's diary
    Bella and me don't get on that well, I tried to flirt but she is still in love with Mortimer. I can't go back there tonight, and I've been told about a woman living alone with a spare bed.
    It all happened very quickly and before I knew what hit me,
    11-08-14_2-39nbspPM-2_zps2e050c60.png

Diary continues
    She really is a nice girl and we get on so well, she could very easily be my first girlfriend, but not yet. My father was one to populate like father like son.
    While here, I've been catching up on my writing through the day, and doing comedy acts at night.
    Yaaa they like me, I think I found my muse.
    11-08-14_3-28nbspPM_zps3ef7b5e5.png

Diary continues
    Just learnt that I'm to be a daddy.
    11-08-14_3-40nbspPM_zps5cdabc34.png
    edited November 2014
    Philips diary
    I've been here three days now since getting the news. just making sure everything is all right.
    11-08-14_4-35nbspPM_zps8d1e17a3.png

I wasn't expecting the baby to grow so fast. It takes ten months on my planet, I had a feel and by what I can tell the baby is doing well
    11-08-14_4-57nbspPM-2_zps4e107a63.png

I'm collecting parts to fix my ship, I hope she doesn't mind. What am I going to do when I have to leave??
    11-08-14_4-38nbspPM_zps34f6fcb6.png
    Post edited by feetinstockings on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top