Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

Comments

• SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    ...Isn't there a no bills cheat?...
    ...I'm not aware of a No Bills cheat...

Well, whodathunkit! Did more digging and found out there is a sort-of No Bills cheat. According to SGGrant (see full text here), you can open the console and type in "household.autopay_bills". I don't get the impression it eliminates the bills. Instead, it's more akin to a situation where you authorize a creditor to take the money directly out of your account. Direct deposit in reverse, as it were.

Learn something new every day :).
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    ...Isn't there a no bills cheat?...
    ...I'm not aware of a No Bills cheat...

Well, whodathunkit! Did more digging and found out there is a sort-of No Bills cheat. According to SGGrant (see full text here), you can open the console and type in "household.autopay_bills". I don't get the impression it eliminates the bills. Instead, it's more akin to a situation where you authorize a creditor to take the money directly out of your account. Direct deposit in reverse, as it were.

Learn something new every day :).

OH We don't want to use that one. Sim creditors do not need approval to just take what they want!! :o
    With the way the bills are doubling every week that would not be good. Poor Minnie would have to become a golddigger! :p

I just saw your post in the general discussion and hope somebody has an idea of what may cause this. At this point I am leaning toward a bug. Like David can't get a friend relationship with anybody at their homes. The bar wont move over a sliver of green and when he goes to town for the day when he gets back to their house the bar is empty again. :\
    He can get some green with the sims he talks to at the venues just not at the homes he is mooching at. Almost like they know! :o

I was just wondering if you saved her now to your library and then started a new game, keep the one you are playing, if she has everything she has now. As in money, skills, traits and aspiration achievements. I would keep playing the one you are because you have the relationships and everything that's going on sounds like a really fun game. Was just curious if she kept everything and lost the IRS with a restart! :p

ADD: I think tomorrow I will save David to my library and see what he has in a new game. Got me curious now! ;)

Finally got back to my game! I hate loooong weeks of RL stuff.

David had a busy day yesterday! Bringing his 7 1/2 wk total to $160,000,should have been more but he was getting kinda soft and had to go to the gym and urm work it off! :p

He spent 3 days at he Pancakes house and witnessed many a nagging then makeup between those two. When Eliza would get frustrated with Bob she would come and argue with David while he was painting on the balcony. I don't think I will be able to get their friendship in the green because that woman nags all the time!

Dropped by the Goth house for a spell, stayed the night be they don't have what we need for this challenge so just moved on my way, Now Bella has him in her sights and flirts with him at the bar all the time! Bella you hussy!!

So far he tends to stay with Spencer-Kim-Lewis and the Landgraabs the most. No excitement at the Landgraabs for us yet but only drop by once a week that could be the reason.

I will tell you that the SKL house is strange. The sleeping arrangements and daily going ons would make Dr Phil scratch his head in wonder! Only one that is normal in that house is Olivia. Only had one fire when grandpa was cooking on the grill (is there a warning label on those grills somewhere?) and Eric was out there in a flash putting Gramps out!

David spends his days at the Library writing his one book a day and then head over to the museum to paint out on the patio talking to everyone. I wish he could paint the Steamboat that passes by. That would be so neat! Since I have him go to the little park behind the museum and grab a bite to eat. He has to spend at least one day at the gym. Who knew a hotdog-hamburger a day would go straight to your butt! I found that to get his girlfriend to stay with him at whatever house he is at for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 call I just call and invite her to hangout at the location. Then ask her to stay the night, spend some time relaxing with her and then head to bed for Um,,,some,,,um,,,undercover exploring!

I wish I could tell a good story like SimPoseyYum! All I can do is say that I am really really enjoying this challenge. So many things pop up and happen either to David or around him with the other sims.

When I get back to him he is going to start woodworking at the museum. Works out great since we go to the home lot daily to publish his books I can delete furniture from the inventory while there.

Happy Mooching!

@SimPoseyYum How is Minnie fairing? I read that your bills are back to normal. Don't think I want to try and figure that one out!
    I couldn't get my flash so will just pick up another one this week when/if I go to Wally World. ;)
    @Terrylin

Glad to know you got some time with David. Sounds like you had a really busy RL week. I bet he missed you! I got a chuckle out of him getting mildly pudgy. What did you expect? He spent 3 days at the Pancake House!!! (just kidding -- I get it ;). Mmmm now I want pancakes... ). Seriously, though, speaking of Eliza interrupting David while he's trying to paint, it's so difficult to get things done sometimes with folks constantly crowding around. Don't they have lives? Shoo!

I'm glad he likes mooching off living with the SKLs. I don't know them, or the Goths, at all. I'd love to hear some of the stories. And what's the deal with the grills???

So, he brings his girlfriend to the Moochee house and the two of them mooch together? David, you hustler you!!! I love it!

Sorry to hear about the flash, but that''s the way it goes sometimes. Thank goodness they're fairly inexpensive nowadays. Remember when they cost Capital-M Money? Yikes!

Hope you can get more David time later today.
    I've resigned myself to accepting that Minnie's file is my weirdest Sims 4 game yet. If you've been following this thread, you know Minnie has been staying with the Landgraabs for weeks now. She's Good Friends with Geoffrey (I'm hesitant to make then Best Friends) and was Friends with Malcolm. Last night, however, things went goofy (with this file, what else is new?).

Malcolm decided to parade around the first floor, stark, raving naked (!!!), then proceeded to make himself some dinner while still in the buff (yes, I got pictures hehe). Being the pervie curious sort, Minnie wanted to speak to him about his newfound natural-ness, but the game decided they were strangers! Minnie's options were only various sorts of introductions. /sigh

By the time Minnie got from the 3rd floor to the kitchen, Malcolm had rediscovered his modesty and switched up into Everyday Clothes. All for the best, I suppose.

And yes, the Week 6 and 7 bills came in at 378 and 280, respectively. Paid 'em quick before the tax collectors could change their minds :D.
    edited November 2014
    I've resigned myself to accepting that Minnie's file is my weirdest Sims 4 game yet. If you've been following this thread, you know Minnie has been staying with the Landgraabs for weeks now. She's Good Friends with Geoffrey (I'm hesitant to make then Best Friends) and was Friends with Malcolm. Last night, however, things went goofy (with this file, what else is new?).

Malcolm decided to parade around the first floor, stark, raving naked (!!!), then proceeded to make himself some dinner while still in the buff (yes, I got pictures hehe). Being the pervie curious sort, Minnie wanted to speak to him about his newfound natural-ness, but the game decided they were strangers! Minnie's options were only various sorts of introductions. /sigh

By the time Minnie got from the 3rd floor to the kitchen, Malcolm had rediscovered his modesty and switched up into Everyday Clothes. All for the best, I suppose.

And yes, the Week 6 and 7 bills came in at 378 and 280, respectively. Paid 'em quick before the tax collectors could change their minds :D.

LOL Now you are having the issue I have had the whole time. You know them then you don't! :\ Heck poor David can talk to them while painting then go to town and when he comes back he has no relationship with them at all again. I am glad he doesn't have to reintroduce himself every time though!

You seem to be having all the excitement with recall grills and quirky in the buff sims! :o I haven't had that one yet but will be watching for it! :)

Thank heavens your bills are back to normal! Hum Wonder if it is connected to Malcolm not knowing you! :p LOL JK ;)

You would have thought that with all the running around town David is doing his abs wouldn't have started getting flabs! I mean there isn't any public transportation or cars so all get plenty of exercise. Geez the whole town is putting on the pounds like crazy! Eric Lewis of the SKL Clan is a glutton and I have watched him grow daily! :o Makes me want to take David twice a week to the gym just to be safe! :p

In the SKL house. Every morn Gramps goes outside to cook the morning hot dogs on the grill. We didn't get any the morning of the fire though :p After all the excitement I had David fix them breakfast. Anyhoo as I was saying Hot dogs breakfast. I would have David sit down at the guest bedroom computer and write. As everyone got up they would come in to get the dogs, gramps puts them on the bookshelf in the guest br, and they would all sit and talk to David while he writes. All over the bed and chair all 5 of them in there chatting. It is great in a way but the relationship doesn't go up for any of them. :\ His social stays up though! :) I will say a hot dog diet is not good for our sims unless they jog 3 times around the block everyday! :p

I think there should be a recall on all of the grills! Those things are dangerous!! Only one I haven't seen catch on fire is the ones in the park. Well you know that now that I mentioned it what will happen next! ;)

Yep I will be getting me a new flash and I am also glad they are lower in price. No Biggie that one was an older one so I will have an excuse to get a new bigger one! :D
    Post edited by Terrylin on
    Well, folks, looks like I'm done.

Minnie has encountered two game-breaking bugs. As of this evening, I can't play for more than 10 minutes without a crash. Usually during a loading screen. I've had about 8 crashes in the last two hours, most of which were on loading screens.

The second bug pertains to this particular Challenge. Minnie has caught the "Knock on Door" bug. There is no option whatsoever to Knock on Door. Any door. Front door, side door, back door, nothing. She can't enter any homes, which means she can't mooch. In essence, the Challenge can't be completed.

I tried several different homes in both worlds. I verified on the Map that the homes were occupied and there was at least one resident at home. I tried Map travel and Phone travel. I tried homes where she knew people and homes where she didn't. In the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household, I could actually see people inside, but Minnie was not given an option to Knock on Door.

I had two prior Minnie saves (Save As...), but those are borked, too. Then I tried a file with an entirely different Sim and she also cannot Knock on Door. The Knock on Door bug is game-wide, apparently.

From the research I've done, the Knock on Door bug has been present from Week 1. The only fix I've seen is to download a mod. To me, that is 100% unacceptable and I will not do it. Period.

I'll keep tabs on you Challengers, though. I'm curious to see how things pan out for your moochers! Thanks, @Terrylin for creating such an entertaining Challenge. I wish I could finish, because I really was enjoying it. Good luck, have fun, stay away from the grills and keep on knockin' on those doors!
    Update:

I made a thread on General regarding the Knock on Doors bug (see thread here). Long story short, I got an answer from @SimGuruShannon, saying that a fix is in the works AND confirming that there is an in-game workaround (no mod needed).

I can't test it out tonight, but I will tomorrow and, if all goes well (cross fingers), I'll be back in the hunt by the weekend at the latest :).

Heh this has been one challenging Challenge!
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Can't wait to try this one!
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm going to do this challenge, It will be a great way to see the neighbours and make friends, Love the friends with death story,
    The only problem I have is I'm no good with figures, so I wont be able to keep checking my points really I'm number dyslectic . But I will be doing the challenge, you know what would make a good twist to this, If I made a male sim and get him to make babies with all the woman he "visits" with. :D
    Update:

I made a thread on General regarding the Knock on Doors bug (see thread here). Long story short, I got an answer from @SimGuruShannon, saying that a fix is in the works AND confirming that there is an in-game workaround (no mod needed).

I can't test it out tonight, but I will tomorrow and, if all goes well (cross fingers), I'll be back in the hunt by the weekend at the latest :).

Heh this has been one challenging Challenge!

YAY!! Minnie is back to mooching her way through the neighborhood! :p

I had no idea this challenge would be such a challenge! :o At least we have a work around thank heavens. All my simmies visit and not being able to knock on doors messes up the whole game. :\ Guess we now knock on the roof! :p or the porch or the potted plant or.... :p

Onward fellow moochers! :D
    Zarriel wrote: »
    Can't wait to try this one!

@Zarriel & @feetinstockings Awesome!! Welcome aboard fellow moocher!

One hint save, save, save and try to save as on the home lot at least once each sim week. after you have been bouncing around the neighborhood for a couple hours try to go out of the game then back in to refresh it. :)

Happy Mooching! :D

• ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    We need an official Moocher Challenge Rule List.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

Are there specific things about which you have questions, @zarriel12929566? I'm sure @Terrylin would be happy to clarify. Those of us who're doing the Challenge can chip in, but Terrylin's the creator, so her word is official.

edited November 2014
    Well, Minnie's sorta kinda back on track... I think... I hope. Maybe :pensive:

When I left her on Tuesday (when all the trouble started), she was standing on front of the Landgraab's place, in desperate need of a bathroom break. That's where she was when I fired up the file again. Still no opportunity to Knock on Door. Couldn't knock on anything -- no gate, no under the door, over the door, windows, nothing. Just a few "Go Here" options and a few red, Do Not Enter circles (the one with the slash across it).

In desperation, she fled to the Roommates house in Willow Creek. Again the front door didn't offer a Knock on Door option, but fortunately, the front porch did. The floor of the porch offered "Go here" and "Knock on Door". Ok, we're getting somewhere.

She knocked on the porch (silly), the door opened (even sillier, but hey, it worked) and in she went, making a beeline for the loo. Whew, got there just in time!

Whoops -- phone, gotta go. More later...

Anyway, after taking care of bio needs and catching a few zzzz's, Minnie made her way back to the Landgraab's. Hmmm the Landgraab's have no porch. Maybe that's the problem? I placed the cursor everywhere, all over the front of the house, 2nd floor, 3rd floor... still no luck. I was able to get Minnie to get on the patio, so she tried some of the patio doors. Drat.

Finally, I zoomed allllll the way out and clicked on the highest roof (2nd floor roof didn't work). Success! Knock on Door! But remember, Minnie was on the back patio (near that dad-blasted grill and Nancy's urn). Rather than running around the house to get to the front like a normal person, she entered the house through the back door (one of the ones that wouldn't open previously), walked through the house, exited through the front door, turned around and knocked.

Bingo!

Her immediate thought was to head up to the third floor and resume painting. But you know there's gonna be a catch, right? Things don't go that simply for Minnie.

True to form, the game froze up when she was directly under the front doorway arch. I waited for the inevitable crash... but nothing happened. She just stood and stood and stood in mid-stride. Oddly enough, her plumbob was still turning. Slowly, yes, but turning nonetheless.

After several minutes (I'm sure it was at least 2 minutes) BANG! Scene shifted and Minnie was on the third floor at the easel. I don't know what happened or why or how, but I'm not going to question at this point. It was basically a long lagspike, I guess.

Bottom line, cross fingers, Minnie's back in play. And with this file, I'm going to have to just go with the flow :).
    Post edited by SimPoseyYum on
    edited November 2014
    here's my sim, embarrassed here I can't remember his name, to busy playing him
    11-06-14_1-22nbspPM-2_zps5238fbd1.png

I can't remember if we were supposed to build a house, I got this far
    11-06-14_1-23nbspPM_zps26a486e6.png

and Promptly sent him to the park where he met Cassandra and hew little brother
    11-06-14_1-33nbspPM_zpsef0c1811.png

While playing the guitar
    11-06-14_1-52nbspPM-2_zpsa11d3995.png
    he gets a phone call from little Goth Oh whats his name, Alexander??
    11-06-14_1-53nbspPM_zpsbdd12f93.png
    Would he like to come over.
    11-06-14_2-01nbspPM_zps42721c49.png

He spends two days here and no one comes home for two days, he plays on their piano, eats their food all on his own.

So he visits the Caliente sisters
    11-06-14_3-25nbspPM_zps8f59400a.png
    11-06-14_3-22nbspPM_zps83025c3d.png
    edited November 2014
    he seduced Nina quite quickly, He stayed there about four days, after the first night her sisters went out and didn't return, weird.
    anyway back to the story, he seduced Nina to the point they could try for baby
    11-06-14_4-23nbspPM_zps3df0ea3e.png
    every time they did, Don would walk in on them

11-06-14_4-34nbspPM-2_zps865bbb1f.png
    every time they did, Don would walk in on them
    11-06-14_4-33nbspPM_zps81f25f1b.png

His back home now to pay bills, and then off to somewhere else. maybe back to the Caliente sisters, to see if Nina is pregnant. First his off to the night club and play for tips.

I will have to work on that when I get more time. The rules are in the first post with amendments in the second Q&A post. I may have started this challenge but I am open to any ideas anyone has for the challenge.

Right now I am on a break from tearing out my bathroom floor and repairing a leak. :\ So I will try when I get a chance to make a better list of the rules for you! May even use it as a excuse for a break!! :p

Anything you don't quite understand just ask and one of us will be more than happy to answer you! :)

Let the Mooching Begin! ;)

@feetinstockings LOL you are off to a good start! :p

Tip: You really don't want to build on your lot until you have enough money to complete the Mansion Barons aspiration. If you do you will have higher bills that will eat up your savings. You can if you wish though, would make it much more of a challenge that way that's for sure! ;)

LOL making yourself right at home at the Caliente's! >:) Don is such a voyeur! :o

Well back to fixin my plumbing & floor! I hate trailers sometimes! :\

edited November 2014

Tip: You really don't want to build on your lot until you have enough money to complete the Mansion Barons aspiration. If you do you will have higher bills that will eat up your savings. You can if you wish though, would make it much more of a challenge that way that's for sure! ;)

LOL making yourself right at home at the Caliente's! >:) Don is such a voyeur! :o

I'll knock the wall and door down, Thanks for the tip. It is a fun challenge.

Has anyone else had the experience of households not coming home??
    Well, Minnie's sorta kinda back on track... I think... I hope. Maybe :pensive:

When I left her, she was standing on front of the Landgraab's place, in desperate need of a bathroom break. That's where she was when I fired up the file again. Still no opportunity to Knock on Door. In desperation, she fled to the Roommates house in Willow Creek. The front door didn't offer a Knock on Door option, but fortunately, the front porch did. In she went, making a beeline for the loo. Whew, got there just in time!

Whoops -- phone, gotta go. More later

Yay!! Minnie can get back in to mooch! :p I am glad we have a work around.

LOL I can picture her fast potty-waddle to the bathroom at the Roommates! :p

Poor David woke up with a bursting bladder the other day and there was no potty-waddle he just trotted straight to the bathroom. I was so surprised he jogged. :o He really did have to go though! :p

Well bathrooms waitin dangit! Happy Mooching! :)

I'll knock the wall and door down, Thanks for the tip. It is a fun challenge.

Has anyone else had the experience of households not coming home??

Yes someone had a post about it on the Sims 4 general discussion forum. They said that when you leave going to another house/venue that they do come back. I think she stayed in the house for like 3 days and they didn't come home.

I haven't had this happen to me yet. Everyone in the house just love to interrupt David working on a book or painting. Makes it take longer to get the job done but well he is mooching so I guess he should be polite! :p

I agree I am having a blast, when I get the chance to play that is! :\ RL is being a really big pain in the bum at the moment! :\
    Just makes it that much more fun when I do get to play!! ;)

I also found that though I couldn't knock on the door any door, the knock on door comes up on a fence instead.
    @feetinstockings Alexander is a hottie! And I love the expression on Don's face... priceless!
    edited November 2014
    Well Nina got pregnant and I did a silly thing I married them, they are so good with each other, always wanting to kiss and talk to each other, he wasn't getting a lot of anything else done. So I'm going to start again and go more slowly with the freindships and build them up slowly.
    another simmer has a great blue alien and I'm hoping there going to upload him, he would be great for this challenge.
    11-06-14_7-26nbspPM_zps5a9473f5.png
    11-06-14_7-31nbspPM_zps651c3994.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top