Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It wont let me change my profile picture?

So yeah, I've tried to change it and I am a member, but it keeps coming up with a "Permission Problem" that prevents me from doing so. Also, the same happens when I try to add my signature.
Can someone please help me?

Thanks!:) x

Comments

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited November 2014
    I think that the new rule is you have to be a member for 8 weeks. So if you are ranked a member but registered less than 8 weeks ago, it will not let you change your avatar or signature.

I could be mistaken, but I believe I read other people having this issue. Hope that helps.

Edit: By the way, I love your profile picture! The angle looks great with the canvas right in the foreground.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Trolls were making new accounts and posting illegal child images as their avatar so they put an 8 week limit for avatars, signatures, and wall postings on new accounts.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796626/addressing-forum-concerns#latest
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2014
    Because of other id.iots now innocent new users like yourself have to suffer, sorry :(
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • WhoDatWhoDatWhoDatWhoDat Posts: 118 Member
    I think that the new rule is you have to be a member for 8 weeks. So if you are ranked a member but registered less than 8 weeks ago, it will not let you change your avatar or signature.

I could be mistaken, but I believe I read other people having this issue. Hope that helps.

Edit: By the way, I love your profile picture! The angle looks great with the canvas right in the foreground.

Ahh, I see. I was wondering why it wouldn't let me do it, I thought it was a glitch or something. Thanks for your help! :)

P.S- Thanks! It was a caught-of-the-moment type of thing, plus I thought it would look cute if she was pictured while painting :)
    take0nme wrote: »
    Because of other id.iots now innocent new users like yourself have to suffer, sorry :(

It's okay. :) But if it stops the trolls from being rude and posting inappropriate pictures/things then that's the more important thing!
  • Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    I got the same problem
    200.gif
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Trolls were making new accounts and posting illegal child images as their avatar so they put an 8 week limit for avatars, signatures, and wall postings on new accounts.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796626/addressing-forum-concerns#latest

8 weeks? I guess I will make a false signiture line and post a gif underneath it for now. :sweat_smile: But thanks for the help and the link!! :)

It's okay. :) But if it stops the trolls from being rude and posting inappropriate pictures/things then that's the more important thing!

Yes it was quite disturbing the lengths they went to troll this community. Your avatar is very nice though! :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg

SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I'm so mad that I'm stuck as mushrooms. Ive been wanting to change mine forever!

Wait you can't change yours either?
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member

To clarify, you have to have been registered for at least 8 weeks. @WhoDatWhoDat, you should be able to change it NLT Nov 23.

PS, I love the profile picture, as well.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

I just wished they done this sooner. Apparently this happened a month before the most recent incident. I was lucky enough to miss the first one but not the last ones..... So annoyed. Those images can not be unseen! I need my memories erased badly....
    tumblr_inline_n0nwyggw2t1sorbnf.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
    I am so glad I missed it..
    DyFJE8G.jpg

sarahzsmyl wrote: »

To clarify, you have to have been registered for at least 8 weeks. @WhoDatWhoDat, you should be able to change it NLT Nov 23.

PS, I love the profile picture, as well.

Oh, okay. Thanks for helping with the issue! :)

I'm so mad that I'm stuck as mushrooms. Ive been wanting to change mine forever!

Yeah, i'm considered a new member. I joined in Sept of this year.

Oh I feel like you've been here longer because of your post count xD
    DyFJE8G.jpg

@SelenaGrey, you should be good now. You've passed 8w and you're a full Member. Have you tried it recently?

edited November 2014

I just wished they done this sooner. Apparently this happened a month before the most recent incident. I was lucky enough to miss the first one but not the last ones..... So annoyed. Those images can not be unseen! I need my memories erased badly....

What were the pictures of? I thought it would be the typical troll that just annoys people and sends stupid GIF's around o-o

What were the pictures of? I thought it would be the typical troll that just annoys people and sends stupid GIF's around o-o

Let's just say they weren't legal and leave it at that. I literally felt sick to my stomach.

• JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I'm not too sure about the 8 week waiting period. I've been a member in good standing and 8 weeks has come and gone and I still can't change my av or add a siggie.

I'd really like to know when people in my position will be able to take back control of their accounts. I think if someone looks at my post history (and others as well), you can see I'm not trolling the forums. It makes me sad, because I'd love to add a TDay holiday av to my profile. I was one of the first to have a Halloween one.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

@SelenaGrey, you should be good now. You've passed 8w and you're a full Member. Have you tried it recently?

Yes please try :) I've seen a few folks that can update photos but it's still unclear to me what the new parameters are
    edited November 2014

Let's just say they weren't legal and leave it at that. I literally felt sick to my stomach.

Oh, I see. And people go out of their way to post obscene things that physically make people ill. What has trolling gone to? :neutral_face:

edited November 2014
    Huh...wonder if I can change mine. I'm May 2009, but I only passed Member status when the game released. Testing.

Edit, yep. It worked. I was briefly a weighted companion cube. I almost want to keep that. Maybe after BoFA releases. :)

At least you're not a plumbob lol! You joined on Sept 3 and I joined the next day. I want to change my av too. It's part of the fun of belonging to a forum (jmo).

Still wont let me. :(

I think I was like 7 weeks and 6 days when they implemented the change, LOL. So I'll have to wait until they unlock it.

@SelenaGrey, just wondering if you heard any update on when we'll be able to change our avs? Just wondering if you read anything around the forum?