Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited November 2014
    I seem to have limited posting abilities within this Category. I take it I can't start a new discussion within this category but I can post a URL to my new story blog here? Should I check with someone?
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I seem to have limited posting abilities within this Category. I take it I can't start a new discussion within this category but I can post a URL to my new story blog here? Should I check with someone?

Hi there :) I'm not sure about forum posting abilities and why they change all the time.

If you have a story to share, please fill out the following details:

Story Title:
    Author Name: *this can be your username, a pen name, etc. and will be posted in the shared stories list
    Story URL: the link to your story (main page, table of contents or your forum thread link)
    Brief Description: up to 140 characters describing your story (like a Tweet or something, don't include the link or title in the description though)
    Story Avatar: you can provide an image 150 X 150 pixels (standard avatar size) to represent your story in the shared stories list

If you are unable to post any links or images, you can try just writing the link without the dot com part, or find a creative way to write the link without making it clickable.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    @Springfairy556, I added your story to the list too. Gosh, your blog looks pretty! Nice job on the image editing. What type of image editing do you use?

Thanks! I use photoshop along with a few free ones, Picmonkey and Blibs photo editing.

Hi there :) I'm not sure about forum posting abilities and why they change all the time.

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I just couldn't start a thread because I had not posted anything to these new Sims 4 boards yet. As soon as I posted my question, I became a "member" and was able to open this thread -- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/798080/im-trying-to-post-to-my-first-sims-4-story#latest -- to link to my first Sims 4 story.

I like the idea of this group but hesitated to post it here because I didn't want to risk violating the rules. I mean, I keep the language clean and stuff, but, you know, better safe than banned. lol

Thanks again

Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited November 2014
    @enkeli63 I never got a response on my question so I'm posting again. I'm unsure if my story is okay with the no adult content rule. There is no nudity but my posts do occasionally include bathing shots and on one occasion a risqué shot though all of which are angled so nothing would be visible (if it was even there). I also have several jokes that deal in adult humor though nothing graphic or detailed, more innuendo or reference than anything else.
    Hey, enkeli63, so I was reading your stories (nice work) and I was wondering if Harmony House is where you move Townies you're trying to make playable? Are there in-game reasons for doing that or "just" in-story reasons for doing that? Or both? Or do I have it all wrong?
    ldd083banner.png
    Hey, enkeli63, so I was reading your stories (nice work) and I was wondering if Harmony House is where you move Townies you're trying to make playable? Are there in-game reasons for doing that or "just" in-story reasons for doing that? Or both? Or do I have it all wrong?

First, I will check your story, but it's probably awesome and should be shared--I'm just guessing, but I'm probably right ;) lol

Also, thanks for checking out my story :) Harmony House is absolutely a place I move new sims to become playables. I put custom sims there instead of townies, as the story dictates. However, as for in-game reasons, I did it for a few reasons. The first is I wanted to give them each a head start on friendships (after they start working it's harder to meet new people needed for promotions), but it's primarily a story element. The chapter I'm putting together today will explore the concept a little deeper ;)
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited November 2014
    Celiria wrote: »
    @enkeli63 I never got a response on my question so I'm posting again. I'm unsure if my story is okay with the no adult content rule. There is no nudity but my posts do occasionally include bathing shots and on one occasion a risqué shot though all of which are angled so nothing would be visible (if it was even there). I also have several jokes that deal in adult humor though nothing graphic or detailed, more innuendo or reference than anything else.

@Celiria, I'm so sorry I didn't see your post yesterday! This site is weird sometimes if I forget to refresh the page to check if any posts were made while I was writing one or editing one. The site wont show it to me otherwise, until the next time I load the page. I really did not mean to miss your important question!!

I'm going to read through your thread and double check, then answer you. So sorry for the delay!

EDIT: So far, I've explored several pages of your thread and I see that you've used careful angles and none of the images would count as adult imagery. I need to be careful with words so they don't get changed to read "plum," and I apologize if that causes confusion to people who don't need simple, innocent words being censored all the time! Sometimes this site makes things unnecessarily difficult. Your images must not show the backside of a sim without the censor unless the sim is wearing some type of clothing that covers the center. Your images must not depict the frontal below the waist area of any male or female sim without clothing, the censor blur, or the area must be obscured by camera angle, props, other body parts such as legs, etc. Your images also must not show the entirely exposed chest of a female sim, the female chest must be at least partially obscured by the censor, clothing, body parts or the camera angle.

OriginID Starwing6

... Harmony House is absolutely a place I move new sims to become playables. ...;)

That's cool. I kinda had a house like that back in Strangetown, a group home for ex-Townies who'd graduated from University and did not have a home lot to come back to. They had the best House Parties, lol.

ldd083banner.png
    @enkeli63

K then I should be fine. The worst photo I have is one of my sims standing topless in front of her wife but the image is from behind her and she's wearing underwear so nothing is showing. As said though it would easily count as risque so I thought I would check just to be sure.

edited November 2014
    Well, here's the link:

Title: Casus Bella 2: Chapter One
    Author: Billmonaghan
    URL: http://casusbella2.wordpress.com/
    One good thing about sharpening your video-gaming skill: It gets you out of housework!
    150x150.jpg
    Post edited by Bilmonaghan on
    ldd083banner.png
    Celiria wrote: »
    @enkeli63

K then I should be fine. The worst photo I have is one of my sims standing topless in front of her wife but the image is from behind her and she's wearing underwear so nothing is showing. As said though it would easily count as risque so I thought I would check just to be sure.

@Celiria, keep in mind that your story is posted on this forum and it has pretty strict rules--your story would get posts deleted if they crossed the line ;) I have to make it clear in case there is some troll who wants to make stories with modified sims or modified images, and no one would want that. It's a general precaution, but most Sims players aren't like that, thankfully!

OriginID Starwing6

Well, here's the link:

Title: Casus Bella 2: Chapter One
    Author: Billmonaghan
    URL: http://casusbella2.wordpress.com/
    One good thing about sharpening your video-gaming skill: It gets you out of housework!

Do you have an image you'd like to use to represent your story on the Shared Stories listing? The image makes a first impression and will help your story get readers.

OriginID Starwing6

... Do you have an image you'd like to use ...
    That was the intent of the pic of bella and mortimer i ended up using in my signature thingy, but I couldn't figure out how to add it to the post itself. Until I read the instructions, that is. (duh) thanks for that tip!

ldd083banner.png
    @Bilmonaghan, I added your story to the list on the first page of this thread to increase exposure for your story.

I didn't realize you had an image signature because I have those turned off in my forum settings. Many forum users do not see images in the signatures here, so you might want to add a text link in your signature too. Keep up the good work with your story B)
    OriginID Starwing6

I just wanted to post and let everyone following this thread know that I updated the first post and added an new announcement about the changes.

Basically, I just wanted to make it very clear that you are invited to post in this thread to promote any updates and new content for your story after it has been added to the Shared Stories directory on the first page of this thread. That will really help people (like me ;) ) to keep up to date with everyone's stories B)

If you have new content for your story, come and post about it here, and add a direct link to the new content so we cannot possibly miss it! Thanks :D
    OriginID Starwing6

I just wanted to post and let everyone following this thread know that I updated the first post and added an new announcement about the changes.

Basically, I just wanted to make it very clear that you are invited to post in this thread to promote any updates and new content for your story after it has been added to the Shared Stories directory on the first page of this thread. That will really help people (like me ;) ) to keep up to date with everyone's stories B)

If you have new content for your story, come and post about it here, and add a direct link to the new content so we cannot possibly miss it! Thanks :D

I would but I generally have chapters up daily so the topic would just end up flooded with me saying "hey new chapter ahoy" or some other such weirdness that goes through my head :p

But as said I generally post chapters each morning with the occaisional exception when college or something else gets in the way so anyone who enjoys my story and wants to follow it can expect chapters by that schedule :)

@Celiria, well, dropping in to chat us up is still welcome ;)
    OriginID Starwing6

edited November 2014
    I've got two chapters going up at once. The Sims in Casus Bella are writing a Legacy Challenge story, so I felt I had to post these two together.

I see a lot of you are on wordpress too. any tips on better managing my pages would be appreciated. Anyway, here they are:

Casus Bella 2: Part Two - Challenge Accepted by Billmonaghan http://casusbella2.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/casus-bella-2-part-two-challenge-accepted/
    "Unable to take part in the Legacy Challenge, the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family start a New Game"
    150xcbii002.png

Le Dynastie d’Angers: A Challenged Legacy Challenge by Billmonaghan http://casusbella2.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/le-dynastie-dangers-a-challenged-legacy-challenge-chapter-one-meet-the-founder/
    "A Sim would have to be Insane to want to enter the Legacy Challenge, and Dimenche d'Angers is Insane."
    150x150lddi.png
    ldd083banner.png
    @Bilmonaghan, for Wordpress, my advice to you would be to have some sort of title page for your story, and that should be a Wordpress Page type of entry in your blog. The chapters of your story should be the Post type of entries. This makes it easier for your readers to begin reading your story once there are multiple chapters of it in existence. Your title page should be like a "Table of Contents" page in any book that has multiple chapters; it should list all the chapters and provide a link.

Here is an example of one of my title pages: http://enkeli63.wordpress.com/sims-stories/uncertainty-principle/
    OriginID Starwing6

You're right, enkeli63. I really got to spend more time in wordpress and figure that stuff out. I figured out how to make a menu off to the side, but a visitor has to click around to see that it's there. You're site is sweet! How long have you been working on it. Had you used wordpress before?
    ldd083banner.png
  • Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    Story Title: Mint Legacy Challenge
    Author Name: Candy_Ellen / littleblackcat
    Story URL: http://hicandyellen.blogspot.co.uk
    Brief Description: Follow Pepper Mint and hopefully her family in quirky adventures, legacy challenge style.
    Story Avatar:
    30w6zah.jpg
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: A Challenged Legacy Challenge – Chapter Two: Orientation
    casusbella2.wordpress.com/2014/11/13/le-dynastie-dangers-a-challenged-legacy-challenge-chapter-two-orientation/
    A kindly Townie tries to help Dimenche d'Angers figure out what he's up against.
    150x150lddii.png
    ldd083banner.png
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @Bilmonaghan, going with the 4th wall is your specialty, Love it! So funny!

I'm releasing my new chapter here as well!
    Generation 2 episode 3 (new episode)

For those who haven't read any of my legacy well here's the episode list
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    @littleblackcat, I will get to your story ASAP to check it and add it to the list. I am a bit swamped with unexpected work from a recent hacking incident that took some (millions) sites down and stuff. I'll be back on managing this thread as soon as I can!

Just a note, everyone should change their passwords on all sites you use and make sure your spyware/malware and virus protection are fully up to date ;)
    OriginID Starwing6