Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now we need a Public Pools category for community lots

Seriously. I'm about to have to put monkey bars at my pool just to be able to go on a date there (which... sounds really creepy out of context, lol).

Comments

• Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    Agreed.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes....that really does sound a bit odd. lol
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Yes, agreed. :D
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Good call.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    these required items for public areas annoy me, ever since I found out when I edited the Lounge, left the radio out... and the game telling me the lot is unfinished.

It's my plum game! I'll say when it's finished!!! Or so I thought I could :neutral_face:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Let's hope that gets added with the next patch.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    edited November 2014
    I agree. I made a public pool house lot, and the only categories that fit are bar and night club. Pretty much no kid sims ever visit the lot, and nobody ever goes swimming unless I call them over. After I call a sim over they get out of the pool less than 20 seconds later. -_- When I make it into a generic lot, no sims ever visit unless I invite them.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I was a bit disappointed to see that it wasn't an option. TS3 had it out of the box. :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I guess I don't get the gist of the op. Someone explain?

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Community lots are categorized by function, like in TS3. These categories also help determine what the sim AI does on that lot (I think).

The OP is disappointed that the introduction of pools did not include a "public pool" category. So far, uncontrolled sims don't even touch the pool. I've witnessed this in my game. I guess they've learned their lesson after all those...unexplained drownings. :-"
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    They need to make it so Sims can pee in the pools and cause everyone else to jump out. This seems right up the alley of the devs' humor, lol.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Community lots are categorized by function, like in TS3. These categories also help determine what the sim AI does on that lot (I think).

The OP is disappointed that the introduction of pools did not include a "public pool" category. So far, uncontrolled sims don't even touch the pool. I've witnessed this in my game. I guess they've learned their lesson after all those...unexplained drownings. :-"

Ohhhh. I see. OP needs to make it a park by adding monkey bars? I said in another thread that I had a couple of uncontrolled sims jump in the pools in the main parks.

It would be a fine line for AI, imo. We don't want another "sprinkler" thing happening here.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Sims use the pools in the parks for me, but not in other venues. If I'm underrstanding correctly, I think I agree with you. I like that the venues tell you what things make it what it is, but I don't feel those objects should be mandatory. Wish it was more of a suggestion than a necessity.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Agreed on pool catagories.
  • Options
    ScubaEScubaE Posts: 10 New Member
    I made my public pool into a gym. Only issue with it is it is full of sweaty people working out cause it required exercise equipment and no children were there.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Aw....man.....I didn't even check into this. I was so hoping for a new category, the few that we have are so limiting. How hard would it have been to just code in one more? I miss making public pools, they were so much fun.
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    ScubaE wrote: »
    I made my public pool into a gym. Only issue with it is it is full of sweaty people working out cause it required exercise equipment and no children were there.

you should make it into the park category instead :(
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    Generic public lot makes no one visit it. I'm so sad. :( I can't make it into a Park Lot because I haven't made room for the park objects.
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    Generic public lot makes no one visit it. I'm so sad. :( I can't make it into a Park Lot because I haven't made room for the park objects.

Ugh! bummer!

Why is it that generic lots don't spawn sims to interact with?:(

If it was called "private venue" then ok. But generic? T_T It sucks!
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    Use the Lounge lot type for that. Go on, try it. ;)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    bludhound wrote: »

Only if they want to be bombarded by elders.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    bludhound wrote: »

Only if they want to be bombarded by elders.

Old people in speedos?? *shudders*
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited November 2014
    I have made a community lot with everything for all types and I just change the name in build mode ie Library / Park or bar before I visit .There are a few multi lots for download in the community library and I just added any missing items I also managed to build a park with a mini out door art gallery on the 20 x 15 lot.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2014

You may not want to do this but set it as park. Don't add a bar. Build a concession stand with fridge. None will starve but no grilling and no bars, the townies will use the pool more if it isn't coded as Not a bar but a park but leave out what you can to make it more a community pool park.

But I agree with others, I hated designated lots in the TS3 and hate them in this game. Why can't Sims just be attracted to what's on the lot like they were in the past in TS1 and TS2? I digress.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

You may not want to do this but set it as park. Don't add a bar. Build a concession stand with fridge. None will starve but no grilling and no bars, the townies will use the pool more if it isn't coded as Not a bar but a park but leave out what you can to make it more a community pool park.

But I agree with others, I hated designated lots in the TS3 and hate them in this game. Why can't Sims just be attracted to what's on the lot like they were in the past in TS1 and TS2? I digress.

I thought that the problem with the park designation is you need the big rocket ship or pirate ship playground equipment. And those are big.

(Personally, I just worked a public pool into the existing park in Oasis Springs. It's not a very exciting pool, but I'm a bit crap as a builder.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.