Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have in YOUR game?

Comments

• MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    Just one shirt so far:
    6yjdco.jpg
    When I saw it, I just couldn't resist. :p

zD4X8.gif
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Surprisingly it's only 37mb. I used to have so much more than that.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't remember answered this one but, I have loads of CC in all of my sim games (TS2,TS3,TS4). I think I lost count, but I'd give a range between 50-100+ cc files for TS4 I think. I love varieties of style for my sims (like honestly I can't stand for my simmies to get caught wearing the same outfit as a town npc >_< lol). Same goes for my other sim games (Ts3 & TS2), plus I just love styling my sims. I think it's one of the reasons of why I love the sims (one of them lol). I love to dress them up in unique fashion that tells their story or expresses their personailty and sometimes "simple" or "default" styles aren't enough xD.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    well I ended up getting more, and found an amazing skin overlay for my sims. But right now I am at about 150 CC but that also includes some mods
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    Nada.
    Only time I ever installed a mod was Twallan's for TS3 because the game was so broken.

If TS4 reaches that level of brokenness I'll probably stop playing.
    Don't want to be bothered with that again.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    OMG I jumped to CC default skin, and skin overlays within the first day of having it. Not a fan of the plastic skin.

Default eyes came next (not perfect, but an improvement. Still on the lookout).

A few jean recolours, a couple different hairs. I neeeeded a ligther blonde and someone out there did Targaryen blonde for women. Score!

Nothing much yet. Still waiting for a better default skin. I like the overlay I have, but I hate overlays and I want something that goes from infant to elder. The overlay I have only goes onto YA and up.

See? How could I not?
    15246647618_f40c1b6122.jpg

Which overlay do you use? Thats very nice! I used default replacement skins in Sims 3 - so I'm guessing an overlay is not the same?

I'm not sure if I can link it... But I found it on the My Sims 4 Blog, it's Ephemeras Fresh Skin by Chisami. The body is also very nicely done IMO. You find it under the skin details tab. It doesn't work well on ALL faces, but it works superbly on certain ones. I love default skins, so I'm very eagerly awaiting some default skins that are shaded similarly. I like a bit of texture and shading on their faces. Otherwise they look too cartoony for MY taste.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have mostly makeup some clothes a default skin by my favorite sims 3 creator and default eyes. Its like 11mb
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Zero CC and Zero mods
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    To explain further: I almost never had any CC that outright WRECKED my game. But I had a lot of CC that just... didn't work out for me. Like, as I said, a ton of clothes that some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 had labeled something else as well, because "it'll be so sexy with high heels and a string bikni" or worse "I tag this in the game as "winter wear" and then I can have all sim girls walk around in a thong in the snow, because sexy".

There were a few things that ate my computer though, I remember at least one pair of high heels that forced me to reinstall the game.

Also, admittedly, Maxis / EA had the same problem themselves. Remember those heavy Diver Shoes? Or those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 diving flippers?? WHY on earth would they be available for random generated sims AT ALL? It seemed at least 10 paparazzi were wearing the duck-ring-T-shirt, the flippers and a silly hat.
    That's why I have not bought the Collector's Edition upgrade: I REFUSE to let random Sims wear a hotdog costume for no reason.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • PlyrKttyKtKrnchPlyrKttyKtKrnch Posts: 61 Member
    I have none at the moment mostly because I'm really satisfied with the range of clothing the game came with, I'll probably search for some once I start getting sick of wearing the same things.

But you know Elsa's dress in the first post is actually so pretty so I think I'll download it haha so soon I'll have a total of one CC
  • LiShingLiShing Posts: 10 New Member
    Apparently over 200 and I started getting stuff like about a week ago. I have no idea how I ended up with so much. Although alot of it recolors. I'm starting to miss that colour picker cause like now I have hairs to aren't the same as default and I can't swap hairs per outfit any more and stuff >.<
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    105mb for now
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NONE - bad mojo come with some CC
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm using some hair conversions -- I like some of the male hairs on females and vice versa. As far as going outside the vanilla game meshes, most hairs I've seen don't fit the style of the game so I'm not using them. As far as clothing -- I have a few recolors, but no original meshes. I am using quite a few tuning mods, though.
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I have absolutely zero. I don't trust stuff like that with someone who isn't that great with computer things.
  • JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    I cleaned out all cc except for pretty default eyes in my 3 game after the first two expansions. 4 just needs a lot of help right now because everything is so limited, so I'm using some cc until we get more variety in CAS - and possibly some type of CASt.

I'm never satisfied with EA's eyes, and I'm currently using Sevenhills' Sunset Eyes:
    tumblr_nda8lg0wP71tl6x87o1_500.png

I also have some brows, a few hair colors, a few skins, some walls and some floors. I'm pretty picky about the cc I use, so I don't have any hairstyles yet but I love SimplyMorgan's new hair colors, especially the strawberry blonde.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    None. Don't want to ruin my game or my computer.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    none, and it's going to stay that way.
  • MissTripsMissTrips Posts: 86 Member
    I haven't downloaded any CC yet, though I image that eventually something will entice me to download it. I tend towards decorative items and occasional clothing. In Sims 3 I had a big stable of cars, because some of my sims needed a specific vehicle (Ecto 1 for my ghost hunter, natch!). I don't often download game mods, because I like trying out challenge plays, and most of them exclude game mods.
    1cf96556-e72a-4628-a805-602355bf82a0_zps9cde3287.png
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    None. Don't feel the need for it
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    No custom content at all.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    I used quite a bit of CC when I only had the base game of TS3, then stopped when I started getting expansions and updates. When the last patch rolled around I knew I was going to be putting much of it back in (but wiser, I asked around for trusted sites with good looking content). That's exactly what I did. The game loads slow but it was already slow with all my eps and store content. I also have that free sims 2 ultimate collection and eventually I'm gonna load that with cc since it takes forever to load anyway

As for TS4, I was waiting before the game came out for the equivalents of the mods (if they turned out to be necessary like the "more than 8 sims" mod) and as they come out/are updated I'm adding them. As for CC, I'm doing the same thing, except I'm mostly grabbing stuff that complements the vanilla style (unless it has sequins, I LOVE sequins). Eventually I really want to try making my own, starting with recolours and working my way up to custom hair (especially if I don't have to get milkshape to do it)
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    I have like, two mods. I'm too lazy to count how much CC I have. ^-^
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Zero, for now. I just installed the game yesterday. But I don't like CC so much, most of the things turn the sims into creepy porcelain-anime-dolls D: I usually only download some clothes, a few haircuts and some useful mods.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000