Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poolvember!! POOL patch now! LB youtube link Pg 22.

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Sucom wrote: »
    @ Riniflex

Yes, there are some problems in the game but I wouldn't describe them as 'glaring'. And honestly, I don't see how you can either if you haven't actually played the game yourself. Perhaps you 'do' have the game, I don't know but you appear to talk about the game as if you have first hand knowledge. If you don't have the game and haven't played it yourself, I don't really see how you are qualified to judge anything at all in the game.

I would call entire families of played sims and family members disappearing pretty glaring. Just my opinion, though.

It's not happening to everyone. In fact it hasn't happened to me at all and I play fairly often. I'm not having very many issues at all...well, none that I can think of at the moment to be precise.

Maybe it has something to do with the computers people are using, maybe the mods they are using or the lack of mods? I don't know. I'm real sorry you're having trouble. I hope it is resolved for you soon.

Wow deja vu.

This really reminds me of some of the conversations we had on the The Sims 2 site when certain individuals were in complete and utter denial that certain bugs had anything to do with EA's coding but were rather the result of individual machines or mods. I mean they they weren't affected but it didn't occur to them that different styles of play might trigger a bug and if they had not experienced bug today it doesn't mean they won't experience it tomorrow.

It really amazing how the second University patch suddenly fixed my machine and removed conflicting mods...

You are right some had the jump bug and some didn't. But you also have to agree that some bugs/glitches occur with some computers also. Hence my having to get a new GPU. I have burps in my game but not like others and my bug/glitches went away with getting the GPU. So yes computers can cause some of the issues people are having. I am not saying what you have doesn't exist and that I may never see it. My game plays great right now. Who knows 2 days from now. :)

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

Then there will be that new thread...
    "We have pools... now where are Toddlers?"

Hallelujah. I'll be happy to volunteer in starting that thread. What's up with the careers, do they come out when the pools come out or later?
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

Hallelujah. I'll be happy to volunteer in starting that thread. What's up with the careers, do they come out when the pools come out or later?

Careers come out in December. So on December first we will be doing this again. :p Then you can do your "Where is our toddlers" >:)
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Love the promo picture. Looks like there might be a diving board, I hope so!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2014
    ericaduh wrote: »
    Love the promo picture. Looks like there might be a diving board, I hope so!

It has to be. I don't think a sim could jump in the pool like that if it wasn't. Normally sims just use the pool ladder to get in so I'm hoping we don't have to wait for a diving board this time. In Ts3 diving boards came with a patch.
    We have been speculating this also with their "Dive in!" quote! They do seem to be alluding that there could be diving boards! :D
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Why do they always release things on Tuesday? Random question. . . but it's driving me nuts.

Because everyone is sleeping off hangovers on Monday.
    giphy.gif

I hope we atleast get the trailer or a blog tomorrow.
    I expect the patch to release at 10 to 11 am eastern or possibly noon Tuesday. Also the LB is later then what it usually is.

Generally 9am pacific noon eastern.

This one is noon pacific 3pm eastern.

That gives them time to get the patch out and possibley work out server issues that may occur.
  • mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    The only thing I used pools for were easily killing Sims off. >:) " Death by drowning". Other than that my Sims never used the pool unless I told them to.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hey guys! If y'all are talking about pools with the next broadcast (which i'll miss btw), then WHAT was the patch that came yesterday?! I had opened up origin and it was updating. I suppose it could have just been an update FOR origin, but I didn't see any game updates going on.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Hey guys! If y'all are talking about pools with the next broadcast (which i'll miss btw), then WHAT was the patch that came yesterday?! I had opened up origin and it was updating. I suppose it could have just been an update FOR origin, but I didn't see any game updates going on.

My origin never updated so I never got an origin patch. It does automatically when I do.

My origin never updated so I never got an origin patch. It does automatically when I do.

Do you have the box checked to keep origin automatically updated then? It doesn't "have to be". As I leave mine unchecked and that's probably why my origin was updating itself.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Do you have the box checked to keep origin automatically updated then? It doesn't "have to be". As I leave mine unchecked and that's probably why my origin was updating itself.

I don't know. Since it updates me with EA Patches I thought it might with Origin ones.

It's now Monday on the East Coast another day closer.
    It sounds like it's updating automatically. When you open and log in to your origin client, click on Origin in the menu and then Application Settings. In the General tab under Updates, see if you have this box checked .... "Automatically keep Origin up to date". It's the second box right under "automatically keep my games up to date" --> which *should* be checked.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    It sounds like it's updating automatically. When you open and log in to your origin client, click on Origin in the menu and then Application Settings. In the General tab under Updates, see if you have this box checked .... "Automatically keep Origin up to date". It's the second box right under "automatically keep my games up to date" --> which *should* be checked.

Thanks I'll check.

Their probebly updating Origin to get it ready for Tuesday's Patch Release.
    Unless that's the update I got yesterday when my origin client was updating. I didn't get any other update - or patch.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Unless that's the update I got yesterday when my origin client was updating. I didn't get any other update - or patch.

What I mean is the update you received might have been an update to get origin ready for EA's patch update. I think this is going to be a big patch coming out. Origin may have released that update to prepare their servers and fix a few bugs in Origin.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    Isn't that white building the building in Willow Creek, where the 50 x 50 lot is located?

Yeah, I think it's the building that's on the dock across the bay from Oakenstead (some of my Sims live there, that's how I recognized it.

Evidently there's also a "big announcement" next week as well as pools -- could be either the first EP or maybe whatever sort of online Store there'll be, along with a new world...I'm really starting to run out of space.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »

Careers come out in December. So on December first we will be doing this again. :p Then you can do your "Where is our toddlers" >:)

At least December 1st doesn't fall on a weekend; I think it's a Monday in fact.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Origin does have one bug I'm aware of. When you click on sims 4 to play it in thier client sometimes it will say the sims 4 has stopped working and crash. This happens to me very occasionally. It forces me to have to restart my pc and then it's fine.
    edited November 2014
    Wow. If this is a precursor to what is possibly coming, I wish I could be around for the live broadcast. Now I'm really curious!

Thanks @catloverplayer!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited November 2014
    Looks like they angled the shot in such a way to get people excited over the prospect of divng boards, but in fact there probably are none, and that's just a sim jumping in from th edge of the pool....
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Looks like they angled the shot in such a way to make it look like there are going to be diving boards, but in fact there are none and that's just a sim jumping in from th edge of the pool....

tumblr_n7ovajKlKa1r140cso2_500.gif

Say it isn't so! :lol::p
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • idesamaidesama Posts: 89 Member
    I remember when no diving boards in base Sims 3 was a major complaint. We were all so young and innocent then. If we only knew what the future held...