Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dead sim

One of my sims died while I was not playing the lot. If that happens, do they just disappear? No urn or anything? I'd like to keep him around in hopes of getting a ghost.

I mean with Sims dying of old age can happen fast or take forever, you might not witness the death. I want to be able to keep the urn and make a tombstone.

Comments

• JumanjiJumanji Posts: 67 Member
    They're gone. You have to be on the lot when they die to generate the tombstone.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    Sucks!

@ferret9005 I'm laughing... love how the editor shows what you WANTED to say that got plummed (<<my word) out (LOL). Oddly enough, "blows" works fine. Not sure why sucks doesn't, but, whatever. (yeah I did that on purpose).

Just wanted to share a fairly interchangeable word for the sentiment, because I used it the other day myself!
    Jumanji wrote: »
    They're gone. You have to be on the lot when they die to generate the tombstone.

Would you happen to have any earlier save files where they're still alive, at any age? You could fire it up long enough to copy them out, port them into the new town, and explain their selective (no people memories) amnesia by mass alien abduction.

That's what I'd do, but then I'm an obsessive "anchor dropper" and I have a ton of save files. NOT all in my folder, most are in a file on my desktop. But anything or any sim I want to find a copy of, I probably could. I'm like that.
    edited November 2014
    You could totally do that! I also remember a thread where one of the gurus said we can go into the saves folder and revert a save file back to an earlier save. I wish I could find/post it here but can't yet.
    Jumanji wrote: »
    You could totally do that! I also remember a thread where one of the gurus said we can go into the saves folder and revert a save file back to an earlier save. I wish I could find/post it here but can't yet.

I may be missing something (I've had a LOOOOOOOOONG day), but anything you have in saves will show up in your Load Games list, won't it? And they each show date and time. I always name mine something. I may have 2 or 3 of the generic # files, but that'd be it. Even those have the dates and times.

We may be talking about different things, but before I'd go playing with the handfuls of files each save seems to have, i'd just see if an earlier load would have what I needed.

On my way to building the hood I started yesterday, I saved a copy after I deleted all the sims (manage household rocks for that!) and bulldozed all the lots in both towns.

I saved a different copy after I loaded both towns with community lots. Same number, just different things.

I saved again after I placed all the "core" sims and thier homes (my modified versions of all sims/homes) back on the map (some in new places). And again when I moved in a few of my favorites from the gallery. And one last time after I moved in my main family that I've played the mom of thru pretty much every reroll (and there have been MANY) that I've done.

It occurred to me I could look at other game npcs because there were a few I remember liking... but that'd take more time than i want to spend on it, and i'm gonna see more. But it could be done.
    I wish I could explain it better, but I found the thread and something that might help you out.
    Search "Info on how to recover an accidently deleted save". It's a thread made by Catloverplayer
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    Aww:( that's why I pause my game and save. I always fear that will happen.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I hope there's a mausoleum in sims 4, or maybe just get it from computer. It's really weird that they're still in my relationship bar but they are no more
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • KendyBooBooKendyBooBoo Posts: 1 New Member
    ThismSERIOULSY needs to be fixed. I had a HUGE family and the patriarch would visit hismthree adult daughters at their home. Unfortunately he died somewhere other than at their home and apparently notmeven in his own home... But as I am readying here he may have died at home and they just let him disappear. This infuriates me because I wanted ro,resurrect him with ambrosia...mat the very least have his urn! It makes absolutely no sense.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    jewels21 wrote: »
    One of my sims died while I was not playing the lot. If that happens, do they just disappear? No urn or anything? I'd like to keep him around in hopes of getting a ghost.<br />
    <br />
    I mean with Sims dying of old age can happen fast or take forever, you might not witness the death. I want to be able to keep the urn and make a tombstone.

Yep, that why I have ageing switched off for everything excepted the current household I'm playing.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1