Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Want A "Create A New Household" Button.

Sometimes I just want to create a new family or check something in CAS.

We use to have a create a new family button.

Now, if all my lots have sims on them, I have to go to manage worlds, edit a household, create a new sim, slipt that household and only then I can create a new family. That is not very pratical.

In a later patch (obviously, it is too late to be inclued in the one likely out this week), I hope we get a new button so we can create a new household.

Would you also like that?

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    There already is a create a new household button. You have to click on an empty lot and it'll show up.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    edited November 2014
    AiHaou wrote: »
    There already is a create a new household button. You have to click on an empty lot and it'll show up.

I don't have empty lots.

And that isn't a create a household per se. It is to create a household for that lot.

I want a new button so I don't need to go though that whole process or that I need to always have an empty lot.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    The main menu
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    The main menu

OK. How that works?
  • Options

I don't have empty lots.

And that isn't a create a household per se. It is to create a household for that lot.

I want a new button so I don't need to go though that whole process or that I need to always have an empty lot.
    Yeah but they don't have to move on that lot.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options

I don't have empty lots.

Yeah but they don't have to move on that lot.

I don't have an empty lot.

I am glad that option works just fine for you.

However, since I do not have any empty lots (we have so few lots to start with that I can't afford to leave one empty just to have access to a button), I find creating a new household a real hassle of having to manage worlds, edit an existing household, split it and only then getting started.
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Maybe such a create button could be implemented into your personal library of the gallery, where all your saved households are, since the option to place Sims onto a lot/add them to a family is already there.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Closest thing now is the CAS Demo which I still use. There may be a bodyshop later.
  • Options
    MrGodard wrote: »
    Maybe such a create button could be implemented into your personal library of the gallery, where all your saved households are, since the option to place Sims onto a lot/add them to a family is already there.

That would be a very good solution.
  • Options
    Closest thing now is the CAS Demo which I still use. There may be a bodyshop later.

I don't think that is what I mean...
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If you click the plus sign in the main menu it will bring up CAS and you can make the new household
  • Options
    If you click the plus sign in the main menu it will bring up CAS and you can make the new household

Will that go into my existing world or create a new game save?
  • Options

I think that's only for a new game.
  • Options

Then, it is not a solution for me.

I want to say, hey, create a boyfriend for my sim, to be in the game and eventually meet her.

Or a bunch of teenagers living with a governess just so I bump into teenagers more often.

I want a button to just go to CAS and do it.

One in the Gallery / Library, like suggested, would be fine. Or, perhaps, besides Manage Worlds.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited November 2014
    They already have that. In the lower right hand corner of the main menu next to the play button.

It's even listed as "create new household" when you hover over it.
  • Options
    meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    you just have to go to main menu and press the plus button thingy under the play button. you can save the family u make from there. it wont make a new world, if you want to the family will go to the current word you are playing OR you can upload or save from there when you are done then go back to your world. it is slightly annoying though
  • Options
    JumanjiJumanji Posts: 67 Member
    Just do it from the main menu. It's not that difficult. If you don't want to leave your file then you can easily go into CAS from manage worlds and do it.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I want to say, hey, create a boyfriend for my sim, to be in the game and eventually meet her.

Or a bunch of teenagers living with a governess just so I bump into teenagers more often.

What I would do is go to the main menu, hit that plus sign to create a new family, go into CAS and make whoever I wanted, and then save them to my library. Then cancel out. Don't place them into a new game. Just go back and reload the game you've been playing, go to your library, and add them into your household. At least, I'm pretty sure that would work? Off to double check...

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    JumanjiJumanji Posts: 67 Member
    ahholladay is correct. That's what I always do
  • Options
    ahholladay wrote: »

What I would do is go to the main menu, hit that plus sign to create a new family, go into CAS and make whoever I wanted, and then save them to my library. Then cancel out. Don't place them into a new game. Just go back and reload the game you've been playing, go to your library, and add them into your household. At least, I'm pretty sure that would work? Off to double check...

I guess it would. I will try that right now. I thank you and all who have suggested that.

I still don't find it the smoother solution compared to the button we used to have.

At least your advice is easier than what I had been doing.
  • Options
    you just have to go to main menu and press the plus button thingy under the play button. you can save the family u make from there. it wont make a new world, if you want to the family will go to the current word you are playing OR you can upload or save from there when you are done then go back to your world. it is slightly annoying though

Oh geez, never noticed that before, probably because that's the spot where always the Origin-in-game popup appears :)

When I read 'plus sign' earlier I thought it was referring to the 'new game' option on the top, which also has a plus.

But slightly annoying is true, while maybe no deal breaker, there could be an easier option than going back to the main menu.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    I still don't find it the smoother solution compared to the button we used to have.

I've wished for a button directly into CAS myself. Going back to the main menu isn't too bad, I guess, but it's a couple more loading screens to have to go through.

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options

I've wished for a button directly into CAS myself. Going back to the main menu isn't too bad, I guess, but it's a couple more loading screens to have to go through.

Exactly.
  • Options

Exactly.
    Oh that's what you meant. Sorry about that.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options

Exactly.
    Oh that's what you meant. Sorry about that.

No problem. :)