Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone who might be able to explain the shader list for walls & Floors?

MienjaMienja Posts: 4 New Member
edited November 2014 in Build/Buy Custom Content
I've tried for a while to figure out how to use this properly with little success, hoping to find info from someone about how to use and adjust the shaders shown in the image link provided:

Well...I tried to post a link so I guess I cannot show you It is the shader settings you find when opening a wall or floor package in s4pe. Sorry I couldn't provide an image to explain, the forum told me I'm too new to post the image link.

The shaders listed:

Shininess
Specular
DiffuseMap
Transparency
AverageColor
Diffuse
DiffuseUVScale

While I can figure at the Diffuse and Diffuse UVScale, as to what those are for, I'm still confused how this data is properly adjusted to get the effects desired and also, is there anything on the images in the file that is used to determine the maps used? I've seen some trading the specular maps of existing ones, but I want to make my OWN, How do I know what it is reading to create the diffuse, Shininess and Specular maps and what does the AverageColor setting do? What is the Transparency entry for? Does anyone know how these are applied to the graphics in the file and how to correctly adjust them is there anyone who understands the rules involved with these settings? A fairly simple explanation would probably suffice. This would go a long way to getting superior effects on our cc walls&floors. I thought asking here might be a good idea since I've tried the other forums I am familiar with and haven't been able to make a lot of headway in this area YET. As I said, some mention 'trading' shader maps, which I haven't tried yet. I just want to understand what it reads in the file to create the shader effects shown here.

Is it reading the channels of the Diffuse image to create the shaders?

Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

~Mienja

Also, please note, I have been a member since 2011, so I'm not really a NEW forum member.
It says I am ranked as new...but have been around for 3 years. Just am very quiet most of the time. ;)

Comments