Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poolvember!! POOL patch now! LB youtube link Pg 22.

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Rinilex wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

Then there will be that new thread...
    "We have pools... now where are Toddlers?"

Toddlers are going to be in the Generations EP everyone keeps whining about.

TS4 fanboys have already assured EAxis they'll get on bended knee and offer up cash to get their toddlers back instead of actually realising how messed up it is to spend more $$$ for something that should already be in the game to begin with, so why bother with freebies?

🐸🐸🐸🐸 like much?
    that's why i Suggested toddlers be a Generations EP patch as a compromise.

We don't mind paying for ep content but toddlers should have been base game content as they said in development of sims 4 until just at the end when they realised they weren't going to get it all done on time. To be forced to pay extra would be a tax on players like us which would be grossly unfair.

Umm you don't see why Toddlers as a EP Patch is fair middle Ground.

How exactly is it fair middle ground when toddlers were promised from the start of development of sims 4 and the only reason they didn't make it was an unrealistic release date?! Toddlers have been in the sims since sims2, they were hardly a 'new' feature.

Do you not realize what he's saying?

Cynel has mentioned this idea before ; if they have an EP with toddlers included , they could release a free patch beforehand , say a week , for the people who do not want to buy the expansion.

They have never released a whole life state in a patch before and don't see it happening because of all the script that is attached to said life state.

Nothings impossible.

Yep you are right about that. But the patches have grown so big now I am just not seeing it happen. It would be a feather in their hat if they did though. :)

They cannot include toddlers in a EP only. It would screw up the Gallery. Every change that modifyied CAS in The Sims 3 was patched in (tatoos, body hair, extra sliders, ETC).

Toddlers, at least the basics of it, will have to be patched in.

Here I go derailing my own thread again! :p

Every life state added to the sims 3 was added in a EP. Said life states were in CAS. So no not all modifications made to CAS was only done in patches. Those modifications are superficial. Life states have allot more script to them than a tattoo, hair or sliders. :)

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Fast forward a week later when everyone is already bored with pools and want to know when the game's colossal list of glitches is going to be fixed.

TS4 fanboys have already assured EAxis they'll get on bended knee and offer up cash to get their toddlers back instead of actually realising how messed up it is to spend more $$$ for something that should already be in the game to begin with, so why bother with freebies?

🐸🐸🐸🐸 like much?

We don't mind paying for ep content but toddlers should have been base game content as they said in development of sims 4 until just at the end when they realised they weren't going to get it all done on time. To be forced to pay extra would be a tax on players like us which would be grossly unfair.

How exactly is it fair middle ground when toddlers were promised from the start of development of sims 4 and the only reason they didn't make it was an unrealistic release date?! Toddlers have been in the sims since sims2, they were hardly a 'new' feature.

Cynel has mentioned this idea before ; if they have an EP with toddlers included , they could release a free patch beforehand , say a week , for the people who do not want to buy the expansion.

They have never released a whole life state in a patch before and don't see it happening because of all the script that is attached to said life state.

Nothings impossible.

Yep you are right about that. But the patches have grown so big now I am just not seeing it happen. It would be a feather in their hat if they did though. :)

They cannot include toddlers in a EP only. It would screw up the Gallery. Every change that modifyied CAS in The Sims 3 was patched in (tatoos, body hair, extra sliders, ETC).

Every life state added to the sims 3 was added in a EP. Said life states were in CAS. So no not all modifications made to CAS was only done in patches. Those modifications are superficial. Life states have allot more script to them than a tattoo, hair or sliders. :)

Not the same.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 like much?

Nothings impossible.

Not the same.

How so toddlers are a whole life stat of their own (we hope). They will have interactions and actions everything in CAS that all other life stages have with the exception of Aspirations. It wouldn't do a thing to the gallery that I see.

• Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    Just in time for summer (SA)
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member

🐸🐸🐸🐸 like much?

Nothings impossible.

Not the same.

How so toddlers are a whole life stat of their own (we hope). They will have interactions and actions everything in CAS that all other life stages have with the exception of Aspirations. It wouldn't do a thing to the gallery that I see.

hey im just Suggesting on how Toddlers could be added in sims 4 with a Fair Compromise.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

🐸🐸🐸🐸 like much?

Nothings impossible.

Not the same.

We couldn't exchange households with toddlers. And there will be many.

It would also make the next EPs and DLC tricky. Will they have to think of everything in toddlers and non-toddlers versions? Toddler DLC were store best-sellers. Will they limit who can buy them? Will further EPs just ignore toddlers?

It complicates things. They can patch in toddlers and basic objects and have the EP bring extra clothing and objects.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 like much?

Nothings impossible.

Not the same.

hey im just Suggesting on how Toddlers could be added in sims 4 with a Fair Compromise.

It is a great suggestion and I agree it would be nice if it could be done. I was more answering DerekJohnsons post actually.
    I don't know how old you are but you sound young and sometimes everything sounds or should be easier when we are younger and don't have a grasp on how much time it takes to do things or what goes into said things. (no insult intended here at all. your idea is great and you are trying to find a way to make everyone happy) :)
    Some things can be implemented in patches especially if they have the code already ingame that with a few tweak's delivered in a patch to activate. That would be if they had toddlers already mostly done and only needed to added the new script and activation of toddlers. If they don't already have toddlers hidden in the game then the script file for them would be to large to put in a patch plus life states added in EP has to not only add the life state to the game but in a way rewrite CAS too. It isn't as easy to add as pools. Not that it can't be done.

Pools don't involve as much as a life state so are much easier to patch in. Ghosts are just copies of sims in a shall we say ghostly form and can not be created in CAS again easy to put in a patch. :)

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Bugs are like that though. Not every one has them but if a lot of people are reporting issues it most likely is due to a bug and households disappearing is being reported by a lot of people.
  • debykaydebykay Posts: 124 Member
    I just noticed the pix and I noticed a possibility of a new fence?
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    anywho211 wrote: »
    Sucom wrote: »
    I haven't noticed families disappearing either; I'm not getting that problem so for me it's not a 'glaring' problem. Not everyone is getting all these bugs and glitches.

You don't have the issue, thus it's not "glaring". LOL

You'll notice that I said and I quote, "so for me it's not a glaring problem'. So yes, it's not glaring for ME personally because I'm not getting the problem. You got it right. I don't have glaring problems because I'm not getting them. Also there are others not getting them so these 'glaring' problems are possibly not quite as 'glaring' as the poster pointed out, which was my point. I'm pleased that your misunderstanding brought you a smile.

It seems with the missing content of Sims 4 we could all benefit from a smile because it seems the game certainly isn't up to creating too many right now.

edited November 2014
    Does this location look unfimiliar to anyone?
    B1dHbrVIAAAou6u.png
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Isn't that white building the building in Willow Creek, where the 50 x 50 lot is located?

🐸🐸🐸🐸 like much?

Nothings impossible.

Not the same.

We couldn't exchange households with toddlers. And there will be many.

It would also make the next EPs and DLC tricky. Will they have to think of everything in toddlers and non-toddlers versions? Toddler DLC were store best-sellers. Will they limit who can buy them? Will further EPs just ignore toddlers?

It complicates things. They can patch in toddlers and basic objects and have the EP bring extra clothing and objects.

AHHH Now I see what you are saying. Well it will work just like TS3 in that respect as in if you don't have said item you will get a warning. It does that now with the stuff from the premium pk stuff. On TS3 exchange it listed what EP were used and if you didn't have them you were missing the items used etc.. It is not an issue for the gallery because they will have to do this for about every EP anyway. Say aliens comes in an EP then you would have the same issue so what they can't put life states in EP any more? No it will be done just like on the exchange.

It would be great if they patched them in and I do wish they would/could but I don't see it happening. I do hope I am wrong though! :)

Isn't that white building the building in Willow Creek, where the 50 x 50 lot is located?

Ahh I was hoping they might have used a new location and expanded the neighborhood but yeah now that you mention it is I guess.

edited November 2014
    I see they recycled the romantic interactions. Still hope sims can do those as well in pools.
    debykay wrote: »

Does this location look unfimiliar to anyone?
    B1dHbrVIAAAou6u.png

I think you might be right! Is that a new fence?

Sorry I had to laugh because I thought you were trying to get this thread back on track! :p Thank you CLP!!

Good catch on location Sucom! :)

• jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    Ooh, I'm excited! That bathing suit is cute, please let there be many color and pattern options!
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I'm 90% sure we already have that fence in build mode.
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I'm 90% sure we already have that fence in build mode.

Well POP went my bubble dangit! :p Bubble buster you! ;)

• steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Ah man so were going to have to wait until Tuesday :(
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @ Riniflex

Yes, there are some problems in the game but I wouldn't describe them as 'glaring'. And honestly, I don't see how you can either if you haven't actually played the game yourself. Perhaps you 'do' have the game, I don't know but you appear to talk about the game as if you have first hand knowledge. If you don't have the game and haven't played it yourself, I don't really see how you are qualified to judge anything at all in the game.

I would call entire families of played sims and family members disappearing pretty glaring. Just my opinion, though.

It's not happening to everyone. In fact it hasn't happened to me at all and I play fairly often. I'm not having very many issues at all...well, none that I can think of at the moment to be precise.

Maybe it has something to do with the computers people are using, maybe the mods they are using or the lack of mods? I don't know. I'm real sorry you're having trouble. I hope it is resolved for you soon.

Wow deja vu.

This really reminds me of some of the conversations we had on the The Sims 2 site when certain individuals were in complete and utter denial that certain bugs had anything to do with EA's coding but were rather the result of individual machines or mods. I mean they they weren't affected but it didn't occur to them that different styles of play might trigger a bug and if they had not experienced bug today it doesn't mean they won't experience it tomorrow.

It really amazing how the second University patch suddenly fixed my machine and removed conflicting mods...
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    debykay wrote: »

No that fence is already in game
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @ Riniflex

Yes, there are some problems in the game but I wouldn't describe them as 'glaring'. And honestly, I don't see how you can either if you haven't actually played the game yourself. Perhaps you 'do' have the game, I don't know but you appear to talk about the game as if you have first hand knowledge. If you don't have the game and haven't played it yourself, I don't really see how you are qualified to judge anything at all in the game.

I would call entire families of played sims and family members disappearing pretty glaring. Just my opinion, though.

It's not happening to everyone. In fact it hasn't happened to me at all and I play fairly often. I'm not having very many issues at all...well, none that I can think of at the moment to be precise.

Maybe it has something to do with the computers people are using, maybe the mods they are using or the lack of mods? I don't know. I'm real sorry you're having trouble. I hope it is resolved for you soon.

Wow deja vu.

This really reminds me of some of the conversations we had on the The Sims 2 site when certain individuals were in complete and utter denial that certain bugs had anything to do with EA's coding but were rather the result of individual machines or mods. I mean they they weren't affected but it didn't occur to them that different styles of play might trigger a bug and if they had not experienced bug today it doesn't mean they won't experience it tomorrow.

It really amazing how the second University patch suddenly fixed my machine and removed conflicting mods...

Yes!

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited November 2014
    colton147 wrote: »
    takemymoney1_zpsa96zwpcb.gif

But it's gonna be free.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Why do they always release things on Tuesday? Random question. . . but it's driving me nuts.

Because everyone is sleeping off hangovers on Monday.
    giphy.gif