Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My coffee maker disappears

Any one els this is happening to?
start to think my maid takes it, can the maid even do that?
Why is it diapering, any one got a clue?

Comments

• NoirNoir Posts: 484 Member
    Yes I do, but im 80% sure its was happening before mods to, i can be wrong.
    i think my sims buy a new coffee machine 2-3 times a week. Good thing they have the funds to do that. But its expensive coffee in the long run!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've read that maids throw out dirty coffee makers. Maids = giant bugs in disguise.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    just get your sim to go to a venue then go home again, that will reset the coffee maker. Sounds like you will have a few turn up lol
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I thought mine were disappearing, too, until I discovered them all in the family inventory. Have you checked there?
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    Mine disappears too. It's usually when coming back from a venue that it's missing. And yes, i find them in the family inventory, but whats up with that?
    Its the same for me! dissapers often when i come home again! But nope, not in my inventory, have to buy new ones!
  • LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    If you have a maid, they are most likely taking it. Maids have pretty much become useless in this game.
  • AConde724AConde724 Posts: 4 New Member
    Mine keep disappearing, too. I think what happens is, when they're dirty, rather than just clean them, the maid throws them out, or takes them. They still have a lot of bugs to fix in this game.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Weird, I have a coffee pot and it never disappears. Maybe it depends on which coffee pot you have. :\
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Well I don't use maids as so far my coffee maker has been safe. I suggest you kill the maid, I certainly would if she stole my coffee pot >:)
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I hired a maid, but she never showed up. Waited a week then cancelled the maid.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited October 2014
    There really is so little to clean up usually, I've given up on maid service. The Sims make their own beds automatically, which used to take the maid a long time in the old games if you had a large family. I have them wash their own dishes. When the sink, tub or toilet gets dirty (which is not terribly frequent), I have them clean it. If something breaks and there's water on the floor, it doesn't take long to mop.

Actually, once after a party I called a maid because I wanted her to clean all the dirty dishes. When she got there she stood outside, then said, "There doesn't seem to be anything to clean here. I'll just go to my next customer." :-p
    thinking on killing the maid, just because what she have done to mig family over the years, a lot of coffee machines have I never bought haha!
    maybe if you only call her when its really dirty it will be left alone....
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    My maid threw mine away LOL it was so funny to watch tho and i ended up screaming at the tv "oi thats mine plum"
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Yes has happened more than a few times in my game too :-(
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    That sounds like he!l . how do you live without coffee
    I don't know..... it's a mystery
  • coolspearcoolspear Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2014
    Is the coffee maker more likely to disappear when there is brewed coffee sitting in the pot? And it is more likely to vanish during or immediately after a save? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the move objects on/off problem. When there is no coffee in the pot it is seen as a single item and the game has no problems with it. But if there is coffee in the pot, maybe it then become two separate items occupying the same space, and the game doesn't like that if the move objects on cheat has not been initiated. I had a few coffee makers disappear a while back. Then I got the mod for the move objects on cheat to be activated permanently. No more missing coffee makers. Just a thought.

But I also think the game pushes visiting sims to steal stuff, whether they are saintly or demonic is irrelevant. They just get the random dice roll push to do it as part of a visiting situation. A few times when guests or maids are on lot, stuff has gone missing. Table top stereos that took ages to upgrade, those ipod tablet things, the aforementioned coffee maker. I don't have any sims come over to the house now. Nothing goes missing. Coincidence? (Still really upset about that table top stereo. I want it back you rascally thieves!!!)
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I've read that maids throw out dirty coffee makers. Maids = giant bugs in disguise.

Or they are very very British.
    They want you to buy a tea maker.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Check family incentory
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited November 2014
    I keep having things turn up missing. Like yesterday it was a toilet, today it was the kitchen sink. The only mod I have is Shimrod's Cas modifier which I don't think would cause my stuff to turn up missing. Yes, I have checked family inventory and no it is not there. Just poof, gone. And no, I don't have a maid.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Don't worry. My sims' sablet disappeared. I think our party guest stole it. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2014
    I was gonna call @CoffeeFreak4Life, but then she already posted beforehand. So that puts her out of the culprit list. :3

I didn't know a Sim could pocket kitchen appliances as well, good thing I fired the maid she wasn't doing a good job at all.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Same with me, Almost every day i buy new one.