Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy & Ultrasounds/Gender of Baby

Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
edited October 2014 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
I thought this would be a really neat idea if they added this to TS4, maybe once we get a medical career,
I'd love if the sims team could add this, maybe just click on the phone & say 'get ultrasound/determine sex' (go off the lot for an hour or so & then come back) wouldn't that be cool? also, be able to tell if we were having multiples :D What do you guys think?
-Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I would like it if there were some tricks besides (fertile reward) to increase the chances of having mutplie births. (Or at the very least if a family has one set of twins increase their likely hood for the twins to have twins or the twin siblings)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @Stilw8tin That idea is pretty cool, especially the ultrasound idea. I liked that, in TS3, you could ask a sim in the medical career what you were having with regards to gender. But I can also see a way for them to fit this element in TS4:
    At the moment you have the option to ask the pregnant sim what she's having, which we don't get an answer to at present. But creating a way of being able to receive a notification after an ultrasound (from a phone or computer appointment like you suggested) seems a really nice method of giving a point to that present interaction.
    There could even be an interaction of showing other Sims the ultrasound. :)
    HSau :)
  • AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    Pregnancy is definitely boring right now. Getting an ultrasound could be a good way to help with that, especially if you could show people the ultrasound like HCSau suggested. I'd also like to see baby showers and nesting behavior, like an Urge to Clean moodlet that makes them uncomfortable until they do enough cleaning around the house. Maybe materialistic sims could get a Must Remodel moodlet, although that would be hard to resolve because kid decor is so limited right now.
  • Christi83Christi83 Posts: 82 Member
    Really cool idea! I would love that. @HCSau how do you ask someone what they're having? I haven't seen that interaction on there yet. Only when they're due and if they can feel the stomach.
    [
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I'm sorry @Christi83, you're right. I confused it with the due date interaction! :p It still doesn't give any answer though. I don't know how my brain fooled me into that idea. Major mind mis-management!!
    HSau :)
  • Christi83Christi83 Posts: 82 Member
    Ohh okay! Ahh you got me all excited though. I for a minute thought I had missed something. Ohh well.
    [
  • Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    Those are awesome ideas, <3 I really hope they do this! :D
    -Stilw8tin

• FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    I love this idea! I loved in sims 3 having a friend/family member who was a world renowned surgeon so I could find out the gender of my baby.. Then I could remodel their room to their gender etc.

And since in sims 4 they have added the pregnancy test interaction, it seems fitting to add ultrasound because that's a realistic part of pregnancy too :)

I hope they come up with some way of ensuring multiples (like watching kids tv in ts3).. I've been playing for years and still have never had triplets...

2afmmf5.jpg

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Stilw8tin wrote: »
    I thought this would be a really neat idea if they added this to TS4, maybe once we get a medical career,
    I'd love if the sims team could add this, maybe just click on the phone & say 'get ultrasound/determine sex' (go off the lot for an hour or so & then come back) wouldn't that be cool? also, be able to tell if we were having multiples :D What do you guys think?

I agree.

• catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2014
    So many more things could be added to pregnancies right now, for one the partner of the pregnant sim interacting more, especially during labour, for one the partner accompanies her to the hospital (if u choose to have baby at hospital) which they don't do at the mo which I find silly, or if u have baby at home the partner could rub her back make her feel more relaxed etc.
  • ValerieRayne13ValerieRayne13 Posts: 60 Member
    Love all the ideas, especially the Medical Career idea - and it's interactions with pregnancies. Great ideas ;)
    I think it would be super cute if the parter, instead of freaking out for the entire labour, started comforting the sim giving birth. I always found it really annoying how my baby daddies would just scream and jump around, even when they'd been through births before. They should do something to help, and of course come to the hospital with the pregnant sim!

2afmmf5.jpg

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would love this idea!

Baby shower would definitely be nice!

I would like to see my pregnant Sim go to the fridge and grab and eat a pickle, LOL

Let her be able to call into work and be excused when she goes into labor, and give her at least one paid day off the next day when the baby is born!

• Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    Baby shower would be awesome! <3:D
    -Stilw8tin

I would love this idea!

Baby shower would definitely be nice!

Yeah! And the guests could bring gifts, like decor and stuff to put in the baby's room.

2afmmf5.jpg

• Andmul181818Andmul181818 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would also be cool if pregnancy was a surprise instead of choosing when to have one. (Much like real life) it would be an interesting curve ball to the sims life
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    This thread is from 2014!
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top