Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2: Is there a mod to stop autonomous flirting?

lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims (2000)
I did some googling and searched MTS but may have missed something. Sims autonomously flirting has always caused issues in Sims 2, so if there's a way to stop it I'd be very grateful. My Sims will have 100% relationship with their significant other, then the llama mascot flirts with them or they flirt with some random Sim in town, their significant other gets mad and the relationship is severely damaged. It's annoying, especially in cases where your Sim wasn't even the one who did the flirting.

On a related note, they really should make a small forum for Sims 2. I've thought so ever since they closed the Sims 2 site.
Gallery ID: LadyGray01

Comments

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I've never had sims autonomously flirt with other sims unless they had a crush on said sim
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Never had this happening either except for the Drama major professors who always crush on any Sim but that's due their coding iirc.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Ugh I'm on my tablet so I'm unable to hit edit atm but agreed about a TS2 section even though I consider this section to be TS1 and TS2 :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Really? I must have bad luck because it happens to me a lot, especially with the stupid Llama.
  • Options
    chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2014
    > @cmbaker16 said:
    > I've never had sims autonomously flirt with other sims unless they had a crush on said sim
    Same experience here except for those pesky cow mascots in University that will flirt with or goose (miss that interaction, lol) sims of both sexes. Depending on how the recipient takes the flirt, I believe, this will at least set a sexual preference if there was none and could cause problems if they are in a relationship. I would immediately 'shoo' them away before they could do that or set off those darned sprinklers.

I would check out the site 'more awesome than you'. There are oodles of excellent mods there. Can't remember if pescado made one for this. I seem to remember a no random flirts or crushes or something mod. Look around in the sims 2 section awesomeware - The armory
  • Options
    chrstal27 wrote: »
    > @cmbaker16 said:<br />
    > I've never had sims autonomously flirt with other sims unless they had a crush on said sim<br />
    Same experience here except for those pesky cow mascots in University that will flirt with or goose (miss that interaction, lol) sims of both sexes. Depending on how the recipient takes the flirt, I believe, this will at least set a sexual preference if there was none and could cause problems if they are in a relationship. I would immediately 'shoo' them away before they could do that or set off those darned sprinklers.<br />
    <br />
    I would check out the site 'more awesome than you'. There are oodles of excellent mods there. Can't remember if pescado made one for this. I seem to remember a no random flirts or crushes or something mod. Look around in the sims 2 section awesomeware - The armory

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• Options
    I always close the main dorm door for everyone but the household and unlock it when the chef comes back in the early morning and then close it again. Yep, I keep my Sims pretty isolated during their Uni years :p
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    I suppose that would help. Lol.
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    You can always use the sim modder to fix their relationship.

Sim_Modder.jpg

Sim Modder is a cheat object which can be accessed by using testingcheatsenabled. It was first introduced in The Sims 2 Nightlife. It can be accessed by pressing "CTRL" "SHIFT" and "C" and typing boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. When holding "SHIFT" and clicking on one Sim, one of the options that should appear is "Spawn". When clicking on "Spawn", one of the options is "Sim Modder". This will not work if Nightlife isn't installed, but it will if The Sims 2 Deluxe or The Sims 2 Double Deluxe is installed, as Nightlife is integrated into those games.
    The Sim Modder appears as a baby standing up. Some of the things the Sim Modder can do are:

Change the amount of skill points a Sim has
    Change a Sim's age
    Change a Sim's aspiration, including changing it to the hidden Power aspiration.
    Make/Cure vampires
    Change relationships with other Sims
    Increase/Decrease a Sim's aspiration points
    Add or remove want slots/locks
    Make Motives increase, decrease, or be in the middle for any Sim on the lot
    Change Personalities
    Change Aspirations
    Increase or Decrease Influence
    Switch Lifetime Aspirations

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sim_Modder

new.png
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    In-game, the sim modder is one scary looking baby. :smile:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    misty4m wrote: »
    You can always use the sim modder to fix their relationship.

Sim_Modder.jpg

Sim Modder is a cheat object which can be accessed by using testingcheatsenabled. It was first introduced in The Sims 2 Nightlife. It can be accessed by pressing "CTRL" "SHIFT" and "C" and typing boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. When holding "SHIFT" and clicking on one Sim, one of the options that should appear is "Spawn". When clicking on "Spawn", one of the options is "Sim Modder". This will not work if Nightlife isn't installed, but it will if The Sims 2 Deluxe or The Sims 2 Double Deluxe is installed, as Nightlife is integrated into those games.
    The Sim Modder appears as a baby standing up. Some of the things the Sim Modder can do are:

Change the amount of skill points a Sim has
    Change a Sim's age
    Change a Sim's aspiration, including changing it to the hidden Power aspiration.
    Make/Cure vampires
    Change relationships with other Sims
    Increase/Decrease a Sim's aspiration points
    Add or remove want slots/locks
    Make Motives increase, decrease, or be in the middle for any Sim on the lot
    Change Personalities
    Change Aspirations
    Increase or Decrease Influence
    Switch Lifetime Aspirations

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sim_Modder

I use the Tombstone of L and D all the time, I usually have it on a corner of my lot. It also makes vampires (as well as pregnancy options, aging and death). But I haven't used any of the other "spawn" options in years, I had forgotten about that creepy baby. Lol. That is always an option I guess.
    I've never tried the hidden power aspiration, what does that do for you exactly?