Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,538 Member
    and here's Chapter 6
  • Options
    despotzapperdespotzapper Posts: 6 New Member
    Uh yeah don't count me in I never could found a family that could even allow my Sims grandkids to grow up. But then my Sim has always been a player, and fathering children all over town can really slow down the game engine and glitch your files up badly. But my record for my player Sim fathered at least 30 -32 children in Sims 3, from about 12 women Sims. IN TS 4 its about 12. In Real Life I have zero children & faithful to one gal. SIM LIFE IS GOOD, even if you R naughty, play with it!
  • Options
    foxlordfoxlord Posts: 645 Member
    Uh yeah don't count me in I never could found a family that could even allow my Sims grandkids to grow up. But then my Sim has always been a player, and fathering children all over town can really slow down the game engine and glitch your files up badly. But my record for my player Sim fathered at least 30 -32 children in Sims 3, from about 12 women Sims. IN TS 4 its about 12. In Real Life I have zero children & faithful to one gal. SIM LIFE IS GOOD, even if you R naughty, play with it!

I had one who fathered at least 60, I think. Couldn't bring up the family tree, was too long. ;) Fathered a child with every woman in town, in China, Egypt, and France.
  • Options
    Chapter 1.8 is up and I now have a main site where all the challenges are uploaded, Check it out here
  • Options
    BrooksyxxBrooksyxx Posts: 1 New Member
    B) Cant Wait To Start Playing B)
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    I just started! Adding a tiny twist here and there c: Heres the link : notyourordinarysimslegacy.blogspot.com
    Thanks for checkin it out (*)
  • Options
    simlady36simlady36 Posts: 780 Member
    hi i was wondering if i could bend the rules a little and put my sim in a starter home and eventully move my family into the most expensive lot in town with out cheating to get money
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    simlady36 wrote: »
    hi i was wondering if i could bend the rules a little and put my sim in a starter home and eventully move my family into the most expensive lot in town with out cheating to get money

Nobody is going to arrest you or take away your game for not following the rules. But if you do that, you aren't really playing a Legacy, are you?

Part of the challenge is that you don't have any money to begin with - that you can't even put a roof over your Sim's head. If that isn't your thing, then go ahead and start where you want. It's is just a challenge, something to have fun with. The minute it stops being fun is the minute you should stop playing that way.

On the other hand, if you want to follow the rules AND have a roof over your Sim's head you can try using exdemon1120's tutorial here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/76289.page
    It is for TS3, but it might work for TS4 as well.

Hope this helps

• Options
    HorseSimmer09HorseSimmer09 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I recently started a blog for a Legacy Challenge. And, I don't know how to make a link,so I'll type the link, and you'll just have to type it in where you would normally type. The website is, 10genlegacychallenge.blogspot.com
  • Options
    worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hi, I recently started a blog for a Legacy Challenge. And, I don't know how to make a link,so I'll type the link, and you'll just have to type it in where you would normally type. The website is, 10genlegacychallenge.blogspot.com

You can share your latest posts in the creative corner.

When typing your post, push the sideways glasses(in tool bar), then add your link there.

• Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    Mcwhyte11 wrote: »
    Cant wait to try this in sims 4. :)

I did. I think it helped me with patience, and focus.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

I have another update Chapter 1.9
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I started a Legacy several weeks back. I was an avid sims 2 player and loved the sims 2. I never was able to complete a sims 2 legacy, mainly because I never played on a computer designed to handle gaming and glitches would destroy everything. (This was before I discovered the art of backing up files.)

I finally decided to give the sims 3 a try on the computer, after playing it on xbox. It's pretty cool, I think I still like 2 better. Anyways, I started the Olson legacy without story writing, because I'm just determined to finished a 10 gen legacy. So far, my 7th gen is born and 8 days away from young adulthood. I decided to do a paternity. Worst idea ever! I've had so many girls it's not even funny. For 7th gen, I used the apples. I just couldn't take it anymore. I also ended up having to move cities, because the one I was in was getting too complex as far as family trees were concerned.

Anyways, just saying hi. I've been lurking for a little and finally decided to post.
  • Options
    ScoobyToonScoobyToon Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I've just completed my first Legacy challenge and got through all the legacies and now I am going to move all the family members into their own houses and just watch the town move on after the challenge. I followed all the rules and managed to make a mansion house which I am pretty proud of!
    Also I've been a Sim fan since the first Sims and I have finally decided to start posting on the forums after reading others peoples posts!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Does anyone know of an active sims 3 community that is out there?
  • Options
    @Minx, try Boolprop, Chapter 13
  • Options
    melodicmollymelodicmolly Posts: 82 Member
  • Options
    melodicmollymelodicmolly Posts: 82 Member
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I grateful that these rules were created by Pinstar; without them my legacy wouldn't exist, nor would it be (almost) celebrating 30,000 views! :smiley:
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top