Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I teach other Sims?

So as some of you may know, you need to teach other sims 15 hours of Music in order to complete the "Musical Genius" aspiration, however I can't find an option to do that anywhere... Someone help me please?
tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    i think you need to have a level 10 in music to be able to do that
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    hafizchan wrote: »
    i think you need to have a level 10 in music to be able to do that

Thing is, I do... I also have the "mentor" trait.

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    Emma, if you're not SnuggleCuddles93 on EA answers HQ, I'll just say that seems suddenly there is a problem with Mentor interaction not reported ever before.

It should work like I've explained here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/How-to-tutor-in-The-Sims-4/m-p/3866379#U3866379
    Now, you have a sim with piano level 10? And with Mentor trait?

Send someone else to play/practice on piano. After that one starts playing the piano, select the Mentor sim, click on the practicioner and the mentor "baloon" should appear.

Screenshot example:
    mentor2.jpg

If it doesn't work, do you perhaps use some script mods (mods that are not just visual changes but actually change gameplay/rules)?
    Also, was that sim created by you or is downloaded from gallery?

btw, mentoring works as it should in my game.
  • Options
    SirhirokiSirhiroki Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2014
    Did you ever try making the sim you want to mentor start doing the thing on its own first? If not..it should be like a social option for your level 10 sim.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello! :)

Found the answer for you here at Carl Sims. Just go down to the last part of the aspiration and it tells you how to get it!

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/musicalgenius.php

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited October 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Emma, if you're not SnuggleCuddles93 on EA answers HQ, I'll just say that seems suddenly there is a problem with Mentor interaction not reported ever before.

I can safely assure you I am not SnuggleCuddles93. But thanks for the information!
    Also, I am not using any mods and I created that sim myself, have been playing with her for a while: she's already finished the writing aspiration :)
    Everyone else, thank you for your help!

• Options
    cats3008cats3008 Posts: 135 Member
    @EmmaLean, I haven't even had to master some of the skills for the option to mentor/level up has come up when I see a sim doing something. My sim was boxing and the athletic skill was like 5 or 6 and I had the option to help train another sim who was doing the same thing.