Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Yeah, we had a first draft, some judges moved some people around, so we ended up with 2 lists, that's how people went missing. Sorry about that! You can be in any category you feel comfortable in. So starter or established is both fine! But these topics fair better in the general thread :D
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    STARTER RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #2 CURTIS, DOUGLAS CURTIS... THE THIRD

Lavenderspirit22
    Your architecture is interesting, but I wonder about having those overhangs on the front section of the roof, especially with those exterior treatments you have chosen. Your roof line could use some work, it’s very unusual to have ‘valleys’ in the middle of roofs, as in RL water would collect there. Your layout is well executed, your room sizes are very appropriate, I feel the build flows well and would translate into playing well. Your interior palette’s are very cohesive, you have made nice use of wood throughout the build to help the build really coalesce. I feel your kitchen is a little bland though and I may have missed it, but I don’t see a sink in there? Some clutter, kitchen roll and the like would have helped really flesh this room out. You have a really great eye for object choice and placement, however, some of your pictures are a little on the dark side, making it quite difficult to make some of the finer details out. The balcony areas look fantastic, that pop of the bright blue really helps add interest to them, and again your object placement out here is wonderful, it makes it feel very lived in. My favourite area of this build is the living room, it feels very welcoming, I can image Douglas relaxing here with a nice glass of wine.

Sim: Your sim looks great, he really does look the part! And nice choice of traits

asphyxiateddoll
    For such a simple piece of architecture, this place looks fantastic! I will admit to being a tad confused as to where the actual front door would be though? I’m guessing it would be the yellow hallway/foyer that leads into the living area?! Your room sizes are well proportioned and you have made some really great object choices, with some awesome placement. Your layout works well and I like the way you have separated the master bedroom from the guest area. I like that you have a number of artefacts from Douglas’ travels scattered about the place. You do need to be a little careful with your pictures though, some of them are quite zoomed out, which gives that ‘fishbowl’ effect. Your balcony is awesome, I love the monochrome effect, but I wonder if some pot plants dotted here and there would help it look more welcoming? My favourite area in this build is that master bathroom, I can just see Douglas lounging in that corner bath.

Sim: Douglas looks awesome! I love that you gave him that geek trait, and you have outfitted him appropriately!

KraftySim
    I can totally imagine your penthouse the way you describe it in your entry form! Your exterior looks very grand and the wall treatments set it off perfectly, the shuttered windows and window boxes really add a touch of class. Your roof lines work incredibly well. Your room sizes are great, they perfectly fit the objects you have chosen and how you have placed them. The mediterranean feel flows well throughout the home and really helps this build feel incredibly cohesive. I like that you have a number of artefacts from Douglas’ travels scattered about the place. My favourite area of your build is that gorgeous foyer, it’s so elegant, incredible!

Sim: Looks like Douglas has a fondness for entertaining, which is awesome! His traits seem to suit him perfectly, but I wonder if he could have done with a little more sleep? ;)

onikisu
    I would liked to have seen more of the exterior of the build, so that I could take a look at the style of architecture you chose for Douglas’ home. An overhead view of the layout would have helped with judging the layout of this build as well. Your palette works well throughout the home, although some of the sizes of the rooms seem a little unbalanced, for example the large hallways and the very small office and kitchen. You have a good eye for object choices and placement, and your palette works well throughout the home. Some of your pictures are a little dark, which makes picking out the details quite difficult. Also, it would have been nice to see an area for Douglas to display some of his favourite artefacts from his travels. The grand staircase is a very cool addition and you have done a great job with the balcony. My favourite area of this build is that hallway with the double staircase, it feels very luxurious.

Sim: Douglas looks great! I love his tattoo and the fact that he is enthusiastic about the outdoors!

pammiechick
    From what I can make out, the architecture of this build feels very industrial, and as you have continued with that theme in the interior, with those exposed brick walls, it works well. The layout works well and I think you have a great eye for object choice and placement. The double height ceilings give the illusion of the place being far bigger than it is and your palette really helps bring the build together. The balcony area looks like a great place for entertaining, and I did spy that poor girl on fire!! I would liked to have seen an area for Douglas to display some of his favourite artefacts from his various travels. My favourite part of this build is the way you have managed to separate all the individual areas of that large open plan space, using the windowed walls works incredibly well.

Sim: I can just imagine Douglas with the traits you selected for him, and he looks incredibly handsome.

superwholockian
    The classic architecture you have chosen really suits this style of build, the columns you have included add interest. I think that you could have chosen better when it comes to the windows, they look very miss-matched from the exterior. The layout works well, your room sizes are very well thought out and I like the way you have separated that dining room from the rest of the open plan living area and also in the master bath, to separate the toilet. The palette you have chosen works well throughout the build, except that it feels like a build of two halves, one very modern, sleek build and another very classic, elegant one. The home doesn’t feel very cohesive in that sense. Great job including some of Douglas’ artefacts from his various expeditions, I am especially fond of that gnome ;) You have made some great choices in the art work on the walls, they complement the rooms perfectly. The balcony was again very well thought out, although it would have been nice to have some more greenery out there, just to make it feel more homely. You showcased the home perfectly, just the right amount of pictures to showcase your build to perfection. My favourite part of this build is Douglas’ master bedroom, so sleek and sophisticated, I think it really encapsulates your Douglas character.

Sim: Well, Douglas certainly looks the part, especially in that pic of him for the Archaeology today magazine. I can just imagine him with the traits you chose for him.

Simhead70
    This is certainly a very well thought out build, the exterior wall treatments you have used, really help showcase the architecture style you have chosen and that slightly irregular roof really suits the home. Your room sizes are well planned out, as are your placement and choices of furniture. The natural earthy palette really helps bring the home together. Some areas could have used more lighting, especially where those shelves are in the hallway to the dining area from the lobby. The lobby looks amazing, I love how you have bought some plant life into the area, to make it feel more ‘outdoorsy’. My favourite part of your build is that dining room, it looks amazing and that punch of red, helps it feel very sophisticated, I also like that you have managed to get some sim created artwork on the walls.

Sim: It’s a real shame you didn't stick to the description of Douglas from the brief, he was supposed to have blonde hair! I do however think the traits you chose for him fit like a glove.

Don_Oello
    I just adore the exterior of this build, the architecture is fantastic and that roof line… *drools* It seems a complete shock therefore to go from something to stylistic to the rose patterned wall paper in that master bedroom. Your layout works well, though it is a shame you forgot to add the lobby. Your room sizes are well thought out, as are your object choices and your decisions in regards to object placement. It is a real pity that your palette seems to have let you down, each room seems to have a mis-match of colours, and doesn’t help the house blend into a cohesive build, for example that pink rug in the guest bedroom really stands out. My favourite area of your build is that balcony area, all the objects go really well together, the palette is gloriously blended and it looks like everyone is having a great time out there.

mikeydz1971
    The exterior of this build looks great, I can imagine it perched atop a skyscraper, although I wonder if the wooden siding was the way to go for wall treatments, maybe a brick would have been more apt? Your layout is well thought out, and I like that pretty much everything is accessible from that main living area, makes for a great flow. Your rooms are proportionately sized and you have made some really great object choices, you also have a good eye for object placement, although I am not totally sold on having art work hung on window frames… You have got a good cohesive palette which really helps bring the house together as a whole., but some of the rooms feel a little bare, maybe some clutter around and about the place would have helped it feel more ‘lived in’. Having said that I do like that you have some space for Douglas to display some of his favourite artefacts. You could be a little more careful with your showcasing pictures, some of them are looking a little distorted, with that ‘fishbowl’ effect, try not to zoom out the camera quite so much. My favourite part of your build is that large open plan living area, I can imagine Douglas throwing some pretty awesome parties in here and spilling out onto that balcony!

3rd place goes to - @Simhead70

2nd place goes to - @superwholockian

And the winner is...

@KraftySim

The winner of the Sim portion of the challenge is - asphyxiateddoll
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #2 CURTIS, DOUGLAS CURTIS... THE THIRD

carewren123
    Even though it is very difficult to build a penthouse on the ground floor, as flats can have a very square feeling or boring outside, you did an amazing job. The pathway up to the front door looks inviting and as a true common path. The lobby looks very luxurious. Pretending the mirrors are elevator doors is very creative! I don’t have a lot to give you tips on. But what I did notice was the colour of the rug in the living room. the texture and colour don’t seem to match everything else. A different rug or colour might have made it perfect. But what I absolutely love is how you have placed the kitchen and the dining room. they are separate rooms, yet, connected. The counters between the rooms are perfectly executed, finished on both sides. Well done!

BlackRoseBronwen
    Oh wow! That clock tower! What an amazing idea! The architecture of this place is certainly interesting and a little bit different your exterior wall treatments really fit. I adore what you have done with the roofing as well, very creative. Your layout is well thought out and you have a really good eye for object placement. Your palette is gorgeous, although that living area is a little busy for my tastes, I certainly admire the work you put into that flooring, it just doesn’t feel very ‘homely’ to me. Maybe it’s the layout or the choice of those very straight backed chairs? I am glad you got some space in here for Douglas’ expedition artefacts. My favourite area in this build is that beautifully soft guest suite, when can I come over for a visit??

Sim: You certainly chose some interesting traits for Douglas, and it was great to see him entertaining in his new home, I would liked to have seen more of him though, and what you chose to outfit him in.

Room: The balcony looks amazing. you have made some really great object choices out here and your placement works incredibly well, it feels very elegant yet comfortable.

misscbong
    The style you have chosen for Douglas’ ‘penthouse’ really fits the brief, I think you have made some great choices when it comes to exterior wall treatments and great job with those friezes. The layout is well thought out and I think it would translate well into play. Your interior palette blends well and the addition of some of those bold modern colours really work with the furnishings you have chosen. If you are going to label your pictures, try and make sure that they are all labelled correctly, it gets very confusing when the picture states it is of the guest bedroom, when in fact it is the study ;) The balcony is gorgeous, again those bold colours and sleek furnishings really help to make this a sophisticated modern home. It would have nice to see some space set aside for Douglas to showcase some of his favorite artefacts. My favourite area in this build is that gorgeous master bedroom, I love how you have used the more industrial looking exposed brick, but still managed to keep it looking modern. And the way you have set those dividers up, to give a sense of privacy with all that glass is genius.

Sim: Curtis looks amazing in that jacket and jumper combo, and the traits you have chosen are brilliant! I would have liked to see more of him though, and what other outfits you gave him.

Kulthero777
    The exterior of this place looks amazing, the rooflines you have chosen really help this build scream class. The exterior wall treatments you have chosen really fit the style of the architecture. You have made excellent use of space inside, although I wonder about our choice of layout, having to go through Douglas’ office to get to the rest of the build seems a little odd to me. You have made some really great object choices and your placement works incredibly well. It would have been nice to see an area set aside for Douglas to display some of his favourite artefacts. The balcony is great, and I really like the idea of using the fountain tool as a makeshift hot tub. While I appreciate the time and effort you spent on the video walk through of the build, it makes it quite difficult to judge your build. I don’t know about the other judges, but I like to be able to quickly and easily flick through the pictures to remind myself of certain areas, and having monotone shots makes judging the palette really difficult. My favourite part of your build is that addition of that hobby room, a really unique idea very well executed.

Sim: Curtis looks fantastic! I like that you chose to make him creative, a very unique take on the character. It would have been nice to see how he enjoyed his new home.

Creepsa
    Wow! This place looks completely stunning the architecture is all over the place, yet it looks exactly right, the roof lines you have chosen really help create a really modern, fun looking build. The different exterior treatments work really well together and your window placement work incredibly well. The landscaping is awesome, that front entry way really does look the type of entry way you would see when approaching a high class apartment building. The layout while very open, works well, there is a really great sense of flow within this build, I think it will transfer really well into play. Your room sizes are perfect, you have made some really great object choices and your placement is spot on, I adore how you have used rugs to help define spaces. It’s nice to see you gave Douglas some space within which to display his most prized possessions. Your palette, although neutral adds interest with those more colourful accent walls and exposed brick work. The balcony looks fabulous, again modern with a twist and it was lovely to see your version of Douglas entertaining out there. My favorite part of this build is that living area with the piano in the corner, I can just imagine sitting in front of the fire while listening to someone plinking away.

masajo
    The style you have chosen for Douglas’ ‘penthouse’ really fits the brief, I think you have made some great choices when it comes to exterior wall treatments and great job with those friezes. The layout is well thought out and I think it would translate well into play. Your interior palette blends well and the addition of some of those bold modern colours really work with the furnishings you have chosen. If you are going to label your pictures, try and make sure that they are all labelled correctly, it gets very confusing when the picture states it is of the guest bedroom, when in fact it is the study ;) The balcony is gorgeous, again those bold colours and sleek furnishings really help to make this a sophisticated modern home. It would have nice to see some space set aside for Douglas to showcase some of his favorite artefacts. My favourite area in this build is that gorgeous master bedroom, I love how you have used the more industrial looking exposed brick, but still managed to keep it looking modern. And the way you have set those dividers up, to give a sense of privacy with all that glass is genius.

Sim: Curtis looks amazing in that jacket and jumper combo, and the traits you have chosen are brilliant! I would have liked to see more of him though, and what other outfits you gave him.

BryonyRae
    Wow, the architecture of this place is very striking, I like those modern turrets, and I am really impressed with your roof line, a very creative way of making the build more interesting. The exterior treatments you have chosen work well to add definition to the build. the lobby looks like something out of a sci-fi show, but when paired with the modernity of the rest of the build, I see why you chose to go that way. Your palette, although eclectic works really well, and the bold colours are not too in your face, as you have toned them down with the use of those very natural cream walls. Great job getting in a display area for Douglas’ more interesting artefacts. The balcony looks awesome, and I love how you have managed to create the illusion of a pool out there. My favourite part of your build is that hidden master suite, such a cool idea, to have somewhere where Douglas can go and hide out from the rest of the world in comfort and style.

Sim: Curtis looks just the ticket! And you have chosen an interesting set of traits for him, I would liked to have seen more of him though and how he got on in his new home.

Rostri-Jodu
    Wow, what a presentation! And what a build! It really does feel like it could grace the top of a skyscraper. You have an excellent eye for detail with those cornices and the skylights are brilliant touch. Your layout is excellent, a great idea to separate the relaxing areas from the areas more suited to entertaining. You have created Douglas an impressive space within which to showcase his favourite artefacts. The living and dining space feels a little cold to me though, maybe had you used a warmer tone in the lighting or the carpeting it would have felt warmer, as the rest of the build does? The office space feels very dark to me as well, but again some great showcasing areas. I do love the way you have separated out the balcony into different areas, an ingenious idea. Just be careful with the lighting for your presentation, some of the rooms feel very dark, and makes it a little harder to pick out some of the finer details. My favourite part of your build is that stunning master suite, I just love the way you have placed the furniture in there, and used just the right amount of clutter without making it feel crowded.

Sim: Curtis looks great! I love how you have portrayed him in your presentation, his outfits are perfectly taylored, just as I would expect and his traits really suit the character you created.

ahholladay
    Love it! Love all of it! The idea of building the place two floors off the ground is completely deranged but you pulled it off perfectly! The architecture is stunning, your window placement works really well and I love that addition of the fencing around the roof, very sophisticated. I can just imagine this place sat atop a gorgeous apartment building. The layout has been well thought out, and I am impressed with how much you managed to fit into the build with the budget. There is such brilliant eye to detail throughout this build, the sunroom that could be changed into a small third bedroom, the lobby area with that imaginary lift. That master bathroom suite, with the tiling around the ‘wet areas’ yet gorgeous wooden flooring in the centre and even a place to sit and converse, how truly decorous. I simply cannot find a thing to fault in this build, which makes it incredibly difficult to pick a favourite area as well, but, i think it has to be that wonderful sitting area in the lounge, the fireplace, the stone work, the placement and choice of objects, just brilliant.

Sim: I just loved your captions for Douglas, and he looks amazing, great choice of traits!

DieterPrivate
    Wow! You managed to get all that in on budget! Colour me impressed! The exterior looks great, the wall treatments you used really fit the style of the build. That fencing around the penthouse along with that small lawn area up there really adds some wow factor to this build, although, I’m not sure I would volunteer to do the gardening ;) I can tell that you put a lot of thought into the layout of this build, it has a great flow and I am sure it would translate well into play. Your palette is lovely, those bold colours along with the muted earth tones really help make this a very cohesive home. You have a really great eye for object placement, great use of the ‘alt’ key, and your object choices are perfect for the style of build you have chosen. The balcony looks great and as I already mentioned, I love that area of grass around the exterior. I am really struggling to find anything to suggest that you could improve! My favourite area of this home is that master bathroom, I am blown away with the styling of the room, and that awesome effect on the wall leading away from the bath.

Sim: Douglas sure does clean up well! I really like that you got the two sides of his character, the adventurer and the socialite.

3rd place goes to... @ahholladay

2nd place goes to... @DieterPrivate

And the winner is....

@creepsa

The winner of the Sim challenge is.... @ahholladay

And the winner of the room challenge is... @blackrosebronwen

I cannot tell you how difficult this was to judge, so much awesome talent on display, that it almost felt unfair just to pick one winner. Congrats to all of you on some truly epic builds!
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 - THE OLSEN'S

☆ misscbong ☆

Such a cute colonial bungalow, the columns you have used on the porches really help showcase the style, as do the exterior wall treatments you have chosen. Your roofline works well, I have one tiny nit picky comment, that the roof trims on the rear of the build don’t quite match up on this angle. The landscaping looks great, you have used plants that are totally appropriate to the style of build and made great use of the terrain painting tools. You have clearly thought about the follow on challenge out here as well. Your layout has been really well thought out, and would translate easily into play, your room sizes and object placement are truly spot on. I see you managed to squeeze in an extra bedroom as well, that’s great on such a tight budget. The palette, although modern, is restful and helps the build feel incredibly cohesive. You have a great eye for detail, that vent on the exterior of the house was a nice touch and there is just the right amount of clutter to help the build feel lived in but not crowded. There is only one thing I wasn’t too keen on and that was the green toilet and sink pedestal, they didn’t really blend with the rest of the build. My favourite area of your build your open plan living/dining/kitchen area, you have defined the spaces so well, without losing sight of the overall cohesiveness of the room.

☆ Kulthero777 ☆
    Well, this is certainly an impressive colonial style mansion! I can’t help but wonder though, if you have made the home too large for the lot, as you were instructed in the brief that another two buildings would be sharing the lot, I am wondering where those homes would go?! You landscaping has been well thought out in the colonial style, lots of straight lines and appropriate plating. The roof line is beautiful and totally in keeping with the style and the balcony is a lovely addition. Your layout works well, but the rooms seem to look a bit empty, again, is this house too big for the budget you were given? Your interiors look great in the rooms that have been fully furnished, and your object placement in these areas is impeccable. The whole house seems very bare though, there is hardly any clutter to make the place feel like a home, rather than an empty show house. My favourite part of this build is the living room, it feels homely and lived in.

Sim Challenge: The Olsen’s look great, and I love the traits and aspirations you picked for them.

Room Challenge: This is quite a work room! The layout has a really great flow to it and you have chosen some really great objects to help showcase it. The addition of the children’s activity table is a lovely little detail.

☆Creepsa ☆
    Such a lovely colonial home, the porches, wall treatments, windows, columns and simple landscaping all conspire to showcase that very classic style. I am glad to see that you have left plenty of space for phase two of this challenge. That roofline works really well. The interior layout was very cleverly designed and I can totally see it translating into play. Your eye for detail in your interiors is amazing, all those lovely little touches really help this place feel like a home, for example the coats and boots in that entry hall, the bowl of fruit on the dining room fireplace etc. I am awed by the way you have combined that lovely fresh palette with those gorgeous accent walls, the only place I am not too fond of this is in the upstairs bathroom, I found the three different walls in such a small area just too overpowering.

☆ BryonyRae ☆
    The architecture of this build is certainly colonial in origin and the wall treatments you chose for out here help set that style as well. The roof lines look great, but I think it’s a real shame that you didn’t use the pitched roof on the rear porch, like you did at the front, also those porch areas feel very barren, some pot plants, or even a seating area on them would have helped the curb appeal of this lovely home. The landscaping feels a little too natural to be classed as colonial, however, you made great use of the terrain paint tool though and I was happy to see you left room for the 2nd phase of this challenge. The layout has a great flow to it and your object choices and placement are spot on. The interiors and bright and modern, but not too overpowering. Your lighting is well done throughout, but I think you could have used a little more by the fireplace in the living room, it feels very dark there with those deep blue walls. The workshop feels a little bare to me, I wonder if some of Don’s creations about the place might have helped it feel a little more used? My favourite part of your build is that wonderful little mud room area, such a great little detail and so well executed.

Sim: Judy and Don look adorable, you have chosen some really interesting traits for them both and their aspirations fit their character incredibly well.

☆ Carewren123 ☆
    The exterior of this home is lovely, the roof line works well, even though it is relatively simple, the wall treatments out here really help to give a nod to that colonial style. The rounded entryway is a lovely feature, that has been incredibly well executed. The landscaping again is completely in keeping with the colonial style and I was please to see that you have left enough space around the building for phase 2. I can tell that you put a good deal of thought into the layout of this home and it has a lovely flow to it, that I am sure will translate well into play. I am astonished at the intricacy of your layout as well, the non-conformist room shapes add a great deal of interest. Your modern interiors are fresh and bold, but without being overbearing, and you have made some outstanding object choices throughout this home. I have just one suggestion to make, and this purely personal taste, but the green on the furniture in the second bedroom strikes me as being just a little too bold in comparison with the rest of the build. My favourite place in your build is that lovely little woodworking nook, it has such personality, I can see Don watching Judy potter around in her delightful little garden while he is working on his latest creation.

☆ Karababy52 ☆
    I think you nailed the colonial style with the exterior of this home, the wall treatments are perfectly in keeping with that style. The roof line looks a little off to me, maybe having two larger dormers instead of those three tiny ones might have helped balance it out a little? Also the main roof seems just a tad too tall. Your landscaping really works, those lovely flower beds really help with the house’s curb appeal. I think that some more terrain paints at the rear of the house would have helped it feel more finished. Your layout works well and you have effectively delineated the individual spaces in that large open plan ground floor. I see that you ran out of funds, and I understand the frustration that this brings, however, had you moved those rugs on the landing to more central locations, it would have helped mask the lack of furnishings in that area. Your take on modern interiors is great, the monotone palette works well on the ground floor and those vibrant colours in the bedrooms helps add a touch of glamour to the build. You made some excellent object choices and your positioning is very skilful, those double rugs are a really innovative idea. My favourite part of this build is master bathroom, come gym, again another really inventive concept.

☆ Rostri-Jodu ☆
    This home certainly matches the colonial part of the brief, you have made great use of exterior wall treatments and those columns to really help with the style. The landscaping feels very contained, with that white fence, I am not sure that this fits as well with the style the brief asked for, however it was lovely to see that you have left space for the next part of the challenge. The layout works well and I can certainly see it translating well into play. That lovely little side porch is a great addition and give the added benefit of allowing that lovely balcony off of the master bedroom. Your interiors work well, the palette you have chosen helps keep the home feeling cohesive. I am a little put off by those little recoloured floor areas though, not 100% sure of their purpose. You have chosen some great pieces to help showcase your home, but it would have been nice to see more than one angle of each room. My favourite area in your home is Don’s workshop space, I can see him whiling away the hours in there quite happily.

Sims: Judy and Don look awesome! Some interesting choices for traits, they certainly look to have settled in nicely.

☆ shenice93 ☆
    This is such a classic colonial style home, your exterior treatments, your roofline and your landscaping really help to enhance the concept. The landscaping is very basic though, I wonder if some terrain paints here and there would have helped this wonderful home’s curb appeal. Your layout works well, I can see it translating well into play. You need to ensure that each room has a focal point though, that large open plan living area feels lacking in that sense. If you had used one wall as the backdrop for a fireplace, I think that it would have helped. Your choice of palette is lovely, it really helps the home feel incredibly consistent. My favourite part of your build is lovely master bedroom, it’s so calming and elegant, the way you have used those wall objects to add to the feeling that the home is lived in is lovely.

☆ masajo ☆
    This place is just lovely, the symmetry of the architecture fits the colonial style perfectly, I can’t help but wonder though, if the corners could have used some more definition to really help the build pop. Your roofline is perfect and the landscaping is impeccable given the style, you have made some really great use of the terrain painting tools and also some great choices when it comes to the style of plants you have chosen. Your layout is well thought out and I can see in translating really well into play. you have made some excellent object choices and your placement is superb. Your palette helps to really bring the build together and your use of clutter is awesome, it feels like a well lived in home. My favourite part of this build is your kitchen, such an unusual layout, and it works magnificently!

Judy and Don look amazing!! You have chosen some interesting aspirations and traits. And can I just say I love that look Judy is giving don when he is using the BBQ “Are you sure you know what you are doing honey???”

☆ DieterPrivate ☆
    This place looks stunning! you have perfectly executed that hipped roof and the architecture just screams Dutch Colonial to me. Your choice of exterior treatments and those lovely shuttered windows really help sell the theme. Your interior layout works well, I can see how it would translate into play and you have made some great object choices. It feels a little drab inside to me, there are no pops of light/bright colours to draw the attention away from those very grey walls and dark choices of furniture. There seems to be a lot of spare space around as well, maybe some more clutter around and about the place would have made it seem a little more homely. My favourite place in this build is that gorgeous second bathroom, it feels much lighter and brighter than some of the other rooms in the house, and although unusual in layout, it works really well!

Sims: Wow The Olsen’s look fab! Some really interesting choices of traits.

So, the winners......

3rd place goes to: @masajo

2nd place goes to: @Creepsa

Which makes the winner

@Carewren123

The winner of the Sim challenge is: @rostrijodu

The winner of the Room challenge is: @Kulthero777

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 - THE OLSEN'S

☆ BryonyRae ☆
    The architecture of this build is certainly colonial in origin and the wall treatments you chose for out here help set that style as well. The roof lines look great, but I think it’s a real shame that you didn’t use the pitched roof on the rear porch, like you did at the front, also those porch areas feel very barren, some pot plants, or even a seating area on them would have helped the curb appeal of this lovely home. The landscaping feels a little too natural to be classed as colonial, however, you made great use of the terrain paint tool though and I was happy to see you left room for the 2nd phase of this challenge. The layout has a great flow to it and your object choices and placement are spot on. The interiors and bright and modern, but not too overpowering. Your lighting is well done throughout, but I think you could have used a little more by the fireplace in the living room, it feels very dark there with those deep blue walls. The workshop feels a little bare to me, I wonder if some of Don’s creations about the place might have helped it feel a little more used? My favourite part of your build is that wonderful little mud room area, such a great little detail and so well executed.

Sim: Judy and Don look adorable, you have chosen some really interesting traits for them both and their aspirations fit their character incredibly well.

@FaithofKaela, I want to thank you and the other judges for providing these commentaries, as I know it takes a good deal of your time and effort, and I appreciate getting feedback. Usually, I'm not bothered by the negative aspects of a critique, as I take it for constructive criticism, but this one really stuck with me for some reason. I took some time to think about why, and it really comes down to your (or whoever wrote it) use of the term "shame." It may be oversensitive of me, but it came off pretty harsh, and it definitely had a negative impact on me. I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I do tend to think it was an exception, as when I read the other critiques, I didn't see that type of language used, so I hope that in the future, such criticism will be couched in a bit more of a positive manner, i.e. "it would have looked better if," "I would have preferred to see," etc.

As to Don's creations being added to the workshop, I posted for clarification about that in the main BnS thread.

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    @BryonyRae If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone. I was similarly struck by the comment made in my critique about the judge being "put off" by my modern-inspired floor design. I too may be overreacting, but, in my humble opinion, such wording seems rather harsh and not particularly constructive. Don't get me wrong. The judges have every right to point out what doesn't work, but they should do so in a positive manner, as well as be prepared to offer suggestions on how to improve our builds.
    edited October 2014
    BryonyRae wrote: »

@FaithofKaela, I want to thank you and the other judges for providing these commentaries, as I know it takes a good deal of your time and effort, and I appreciate getting feedback. Usually, I'm not bothered by the negative aspects of a critique, as I take it for constructive criticism, but this one really stuck with me for some reason. I took some time to think about why, and it really comes down to your (or whoever wrote it) use of the term "shame." It may be oversensitive of me, but it came off pretty harsh, and it definitely had a negative impact on me. I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I do tend to think it was an exception, as when I read the other critiques, I didn't see that type of language used, so I hope that in the future, such criticism will be couched in a bit more of a positive manner, i.e. "it would have looked better if," "I would have preferred to see," etc.

As to Don's creations being added to the workshop, I posted for clarification about that in the main BnS thread.
    @BryonyRae If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone. I was similarly struck by the comment made in my critique about the judge being "put off" by my modern-inspired floor design. I too may be overreacting, but, in my humble opinion, such wording seems rather harsh and not particularly constructive. Don't get me wrong. The judges have every right to point out what doesn't work, but they should do so in a positive manner, as well as be prepared to offer suggestions on how to improve our builds.

My apologies, to both of you. It is never my intention to be overly critical, and I always try to use constructive criticism. Whenever I point out a 'negative' I do always try and offer a way of doing it differently. I will of course take your comments on board when judging in the future. Thank you for voicing your opinions, I appreciate that it is not always easy.
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    I appreciate your response, @FaithofKaela.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    As do I, @FaithofKaela
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2014
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 - THE OLSEN'S

benlow11

Comments
    You have definitely captured the colonial look in your build. I like the columns chosen and the frieze on the front. The landscaping is traditional and perfect for this build. Love the curved fencing around the beds. Cute alcoves with shelving in the living room. Nice gym and wood working spaces. That deep blue shade used downstairs is just lovely. The Olsens should love this build!

Suggestions
    The “eyebrow” roof sections of the front of the house could have used a window or something to make them a tad more proportional. Build a little smaller to start with - this will give you less empty space and make the home look more lived in (you can always expand the walls with the build tools if needed).

celdyson

Comments:
    Love the rounded front and back decks - nice use of that tool. You’ve also used the object re-sizer to nice effect on the interior. I like the contrast of the wood siding with the brick treatment on parts of the exterior. It has a real-life feel to it. Good proportions on the inside - there are not any spaces that look bare or sparsely decorated. Cute use of floor tiling to make a pattern downstairs. The gazebo is a nice touch.

Suggestions:
    The a-line roof over the rounded front deck looked a little out of place - could you have used a rounded porch instead? Interior rooms could have used a hint of deeper color in spots to add visual interest.

Side Note: You are not limited to the number of slides you can include, so please make your pics as large as possible - one pic per slide instead of four is better for us judges :D

EEtheridge

Comments:
    Great exterior color. Love the front entry porch and the porthole window with vent above on the front. Nice use of the roof trims and friezes. Cute flower beds in the front of the house. You’ve captured the requested modern style on the interior nicely while still making it look plausible with the architecture. Great use of natural finishings on the walls and floors. Gorgeous downstairs bath. Great closet! Lovely bedrooms with clean, modern decor.

Suggestions:
    Be sure to keep enough Simoleans in reserve to provide clutter/accents in every room. Avoid large, open spaces with no decor or furniture (tends to look unfinished).

Side Note - This build has a slightly more Victorian rather than Colonial feel to it which means it didn’t hit the challenge requirements 100%, and you lost a few points in this area of judging.

KelSimmie

Great symmetry of architecture for a classic colonial revival look. Love the front door choice, porch columns, and shuttered windows.Shrubbery is a great choice, and the backyard patio garden is lovely. Interior is very nice. It’s modern without looking out of place inside a home with very traditional architecture. You’ve combined their favorite color of brown and blue in a pleasing way.

Suggestions
    Dormer elements on the roof generally tie back into the main roofline rather than rising above it. The floating island downstairs with the sculpture in the middle felt more commercial than residential to me.

NvZanten

Comments:
    A perfect colonial from the front - love the dormer windows and porch with columns. The fireplace adds some nice architectural interest in the back. Perfect little back deck and garden area. Interiors are crisp and modern while still being inviting. Love the contrast of wood tones with the modern elements. The kitchen is simply gorgeous. LOVE. Cute idea for the walk-in closet. Love the little sculptures on the shelves in the woodworking room. Decor in the bedrooms is a good balance of modern sleekness while still looking inviting.

Suggestions
    Not a lot to add here. This was a great build that captured the spirit of the challenge nicely. Just be very sure to read all the individual requirement carefully.

Side Note: From what we can tell from your pictures, you did not have 2.5 baths (2 separate full baths with toilet/sink/shower or tub + another separate half bath with toilet/sink) which means you did not hit the challenge requirements 100% and lost a few points in this category of judging.

And the winners are....

Honorable Mention -

benlow11!

AND

1st Place -

NvZanten!!!!!

The winner of the Sim challenge is: @TBA

The winner of the Room challenge is: @TBA

Post edited by KittKat7147 on
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Lebanna wrote: »
    ☆ DieterPrivate ☆
    This place looks stunning! you have perfectly executed that hipped roof and the architecture just screams Dutch Colonial to me. Your choice of exterior treatments and those lovely shuttered windows really help sell the theme. Your interior layout works well, I can see how it would translate into play and you have made some great object choices. It feels a little drab inside to me, there are no pops of light/bright colours to draw the attention away from those very grey walls and dark choices of furniture. There seems to be a lot of spare space around as well, maybe some more clutter around and about the place would have made it seem a little more homely. My favourite place in this build is that gorgeous second bathroom, it feels much lighter and brighter than some of the other rooms in the house, and although unusual in layout, it works really well!

Thx! for the feedback. As for the interior, I also think about it that way... But I had no other choice, I'm not good at modern interiors and I had some budget issues. I couldn't get the house smaller, as then the roof would be out of proportions, so I ended up with big rooms. I tried to place much in them, but the budget didn't let me. I replaced a lot of things with cheaper ones, but I still couldn't get anything extra in there. Maybe if I have budget left from the additional homes, I could add some things. As for the color scheme, I know it's much gray/white, but isn't that what's modern is about? Where I live 99% of all modern homes have only one color for the walls and ceilings: white. (which I don't like for a home personally.) I will take your comments with me for the next modern homes, thx, really appreciated.

Congrats to all participants, it was another great batch of homes!
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    benlow11

Comments
    You have definitely captured the colonial look in your build. I like the columns chosen and the frieze on the front. The landscaping is traditional and perfect for this build. Love the curved fencing around the beds. Cute alcoves with shelving in the living room. Nice gym and wood working spaces. That deep blue shade used downstairs is just lovely. The Olsens should love this build!

Suggestions
    The “eyebrow” roof sections of the front of the house could have used a window or something to make them a tad more proportional. Build a little smaller to start with - this will give you less empty space and make the home look more lived in (you can always expand the walls with the build tools if needed).

Thank you for the feedback! That's the closest I've come to winning a challenge :D
    If we are talking about the same roof sections I agree windows would have helped. If I remember correctly I started out with windows on them but ended up having to make them smaller and windows would no longer fit :D And I agree about starting the build smaller, I do have a habit of building too big and having to downsize. I'm working on that ;) Thanks again!

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I just want to thank all of the judges for the time and effort you obviously put into this. I was so busy trying to rush and finish my entry for challenge #4 (which I did get in, but the decor isn't really finished to my liking) that I didn't even see that I had won #3 until this morning. I'm so glad you like my build. Everyone else's is so beautiful. I'm incredibly flattered, because until Sims 4 came out I had never participated in these things. So thanks again. And congrats to everyone. There are some very talented people participating in these challenges.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Thank you for the feedback! I agree that the rooms could have used some more finishing touches, sadly I had gone over budget and had to take some stuff out at the end :(. I will try to be more conscience of this in the future and maybe try decorating each room as I go along rather than after I build the house.
    Lebanna wrote: »
    ☆ DieterPrivate ☆

Thx! for the feedback. As for the interior, I also think about it that way... But I had no other choice, I'm not good at modern interiors and I had some budget issues. I couldn't get the house smaller, as then the roof would be out of proportions, so I ended up with big rooms. I tried to place much in them, but the budget didn't let me. I replaced a lot of things with cheaper ones, but I still couldn't get anything extra in there. Maybe if I have budget left from the additional homes, I could add some things. As for the color scheme, I know it's much gray/white, but isn't that what's modern is about? Where I live 99% of all modern homes have only one color for the walls and ceilings: white. (which I don't like for a home personally.) I will take your comments with me for the next modern homes, thx, really appreciated.

Congrats to all participants, it was another great batch of homes!

Maybe the Shift + ] cheat helps by enlarging feature items ;) But I agree, the main focus of modern tends to be white ;) (BOOORING! haha) I like to use a very bright red for accents as my personal preference to give it some life.

Also, don't use your budget to touch up your main house ;) It's all about the additional builds, not the main house anymore :)

edited November 2014
    STARTING RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 - THE OLSEN'S

Simhead70
    Lovely build! It reminds me of the house in the first Sims 1 trailer. The front lawn complements the house style beautifully. Your layout is very spacious, it suits the original style of the house very well. I can’t help but wonder though, the Olsen’s liked a modern interior, yet your interior suits the colonial style more. I miss some light. Modern would have been lots of light colours, with maybe bold colour splashes here and there and clean lines. The master bedroom and the living room come close though. A tip is more lighting indoors, the pictures feel very dark. You could turn them on during daytime too to make it all a bit brighter for the pictures.
    The colums and the build in closets in the dining room look great. Very nice touch. But my favorite place would be the front lawn!
    Optional challenge (Sims): The Olsens seem to be enjoying their new home. :)

asphyxiateddoll
    Simple yet very effective build. Great job! The gazebo in the backyard is awesome. And the little square in the back is a great touch. It looks like a very serene place to sit and enjoy a nice day. You have listened to the request of the Olsens to have a modern interior. It’s light, spacious and not many details. Yet, I do have a suggestion, while modern is often combined with minimalism, it’s not empty by that definition. I miss some art on the walls, or some center pieces to decorate a room. Details that finish a room. Love the colours for each room though. Some work better than others. I love what you did in the woodshop room, the cabinets around the ‘desk’ you have created is very creative. Well done, and the colours match what is the main attraction of the room. But my absolute favorite is the walk in closet. It’s detailed and looks like a real walk in closet (that I wish I had)
    Optional challnge (room): well I sort of already spoiled that. Very creative!
    Optional challnge (Sims): The Olsens look very pretty! I would have loved to see more of their story.

Lavender
    Very cute build. The entry way to the front door looks inviting. Moving on to the interiors, The layout is great! The way you have divided the room into a family room and a living room is very clever. It breaks up the large space, and you made good use of the space you have. The shape and placement of the kitchen is also very interesting, I like the windows to the breakfast table. The style seems to be a bit modern, but also a bit traditional. You have found a great middle to both styles. Though I would have liked to see it a bit more modern. It leans a bit more to traditional in my opinion. My favourite room would be the master bedroom. It looks like a nice relaxing place to end the day.
    Optional challnge (Sims): The Olsens look so lovely. And it really is hard to resist his face!

Opod67
    You found a very traditional style of colonial, good job. The roofline works great too. Nice touch breaking it up with a gable. The landscaping is bare, but that fits a colonial styled house. I think you made a good choice to keep it symmetrical. Your interior has a very practical layout, but I’m not too sure about the same flooring in every single room. It gets a bit repetitive? Maybe a more subtle flooring would’ve helped, or more rugs in strategic places. Overall it looks pretty modern, which is wat the Olsens wanted. My favorite place would be the living room, that looks very homey, yet modern. A place to live.

Don_Oello
    Great job on capturing the colonial style with your exterior. The decking, and the siding you have chosen really fits it. The roofline looks great too. The layout of the house is also fitting for a colonial style house. But the furniture you have chosen fits the wish of the Olsens of having it modern. While the furniture fits the modern theme, the wallpaper you have chosen does not. That may be a point of attention. The Dining room does have it all, modern furniture and wall paper. The art fits it too. The kids room looks very cute. Great solution for a media storage thing in the living room. Great use of the cabinets. That is one of my favorite features in the house.
    Optional challnge (Sims): I loved to see the Olsens using their house. And Don use his woodworking bench

pammiechick
    Very interesting build. There are so many different styles of colonial, that I didn’t recognize it as such right away. But after looking it up, I learned something new. The layout is practical, especially your second floor layout works well. The first floor has a nice flow, but I wonder if it may be a bit too open for a colonial. Though considering the Olsens having a modern taste I can imagine they break down the walls. Looking at your interior, I can’t help but feel it’s more industrial than modern. This is mostly enhanced by the wall treatment and the kitchen counters. but the furniture choices and the placement in the living area feels very modern. My suggestion would be to work a bit on tuning that together a bit. Though my compliments on the placement of feature items in the room. It’s a very large room, yet minilism goes really well with modern. So placing feature items like the piano and the buste are very well placed. Great job! My favorite room is the master bedroom + bathroom though. They are cohesive in style together and feels very comfortable.
    Optional challnge (Sims): I loved to see the Olsens using their new home. Did Don enjoy his bath?

KraftySim
    Amazing looking American colonial. You nailed in terms of architecture and landscaping. The interior flows really well and is modern looking. I am sure the Olsens will love it. The layout is perfect for a growing family and you could even make it a 3 bedroom house. I’m amazed how much you got done with the budget. A suggestion would be to maybe add a curtain here and there. I love the master bedroom, where you have really made use of the odd shape and made it work. Well done!

onikisu
    It’s a shame you forgot your exterior pictures. So unfortunately I can’t say anything about that. But I can say something about the interior. Most of the items you have chosen and the placement fit the modern theme. I’m not sure why your pictures are so dark, since I can see lights in there. So I will let that slide :) My favorite parts are the rug under the dining room, the deck and the master bathroom (I assume?) I’m looking forward to your next build.
    Optional challnge (Sims):The Olsens look happy!

First place goes to......
    KraftySim!!

And runner ups are!

Second place = Opod67!
    third place = Don_Oello!

For the optional room challenge:
    asphyxiateddoll!

And the optional Sims challenge:
    Pammiechick
    Post edited by Lebanna on

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2014
    Thank you soooo much for your wonderful feedback! :) I do appreciate it.

And after a third straight win, I nominate KraftySim to move up...please! :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    I appreciate the feedback as well! It helps us become better builders.

Thanks for second place!
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
    edited November 2014
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #4 - A Ghostly Design

☆masajo☆
    A gorgeous Victorian from the front. Love the bump-outs, frieze choice and added details. Perfect front door choice. Nice use of terrain paint for the front walk. Cute fountain and lovely flower beds. I like the unified yet free-flowing look of the flower beds. Nice back porch with seating. Ghost gnome is a nice touch ;) Lovely color choices for the interior – a very soothing palette. Beautiful music room. I like the use of the arch to keep the rooms from feeling too compartmentalized while still keeping that traditional Victorian room layout. Great choice of clutter and décor elements. Rooms are nicely laid out and have a nice amount of décor items without being over-cluttered.

Suggestions
    The purple in the master was a bit saturated for my personal taste, but without a color wheel, we don’t have a great deal of choice in that area. Fully explore all the added architectural details available for a Victorian in Sims 4.

(EDIT TO Add – seeing your Mr. Davis, I totally get it now – that color matches his aura almost perfectly!)

☆Kulthero777☆
    Lovely exterior. Love the mansard roof and turret rooms. Nice choice of brick and stone. Love the fencing choices. Gorgeous landscaping – like the use of the of the hedge. Love that you’ve included multiple fireplaces – very period appropriate. This is a very masculine interior design and looks very appropriate for the client. I love how it has a spooky flair yet is still versatile as a design. Love the music room with the inlaid marble floor!

Suggestions
    Tad bit of unused space in the some of the larger rooms. Rooms tended to be smaller in a Victorian, so I think there would be less unused space.

Side note – thank you for providing a slideshow in addition to your video  I loved watching the video (your daughter is a very talented young musician!), and being able to refer back to specific photos in the slideshow was very helpful.

☆Byronyrae☆
    Oh my – what a gorgeous painted lady! The extra gingerbread details are just perfect. I love how you’ve created the illusion of a round turret roof out of what looks like two square roof pieces at right angles to each other (note to self to try that out when back in game). Gorgeous landscaping with both formal and informal elements. Love the back porch with seating. Wow – the landscaping around the statue and bird bath in the back yard is amazing. VERY creative. Inside – from the first room to the last the room, the proportions, décor elements and color choices are lovely.

Suggestions
    Not sure what I can add… you captured the period and build requirements to a “t.”

☆Rostri☆
    This style of Victorian (empire? Not sure of the precise term) looks a bit more masculine to me and therefore perfect for the client. The build fits perfectly in the neighborhood. Love the friezes, window choices and columns. Very nice work on the architecture all around. Love the window boxes for flowers. Beautiful entry way and music room. Rooms are compact and look appropriate for the time. Performance room in the attic space is a nice touch.

Suggestions
    Would have liked to have seen a bit more of the landscaping. Downstairs color palette is a tad monotone. Strategic pops of color would add more visual interest.

☆Creepsa☆
    Interesting house shape and combination of brick and siding. Good use of windows, friezes and columns. Nice, traditional décor inside. I really like your kitchen choices. Lovely dining room. I like the look you achieved in this room with all of the decorative touches. Ditto on the living room.

Suggestions
    The roofing on the uppermost section looked a tad out of proportion. Layout of the rooms is a little awkward.

Side note- from the overhead shots provided, it does not look like the bedrooms had the required ensuite baths; so you lost a few points in that area.

☆DieterPrivate☆
    The architecture is amazing. Love the mansard roof and the lighting touches. Beautiful gardens. Love the use of terrain paint and the symmetry achieved. Nice room layout and good use of décor items. Nice idea to use the curtains as an accent on the wall above the clock. Looks like you’ve included color on the walls to add visual interest (hard to tell for sure with the lighting). Great use of space and nice attention to all of the public areas.

Suggestions
    Appreciate the spooky vibe to the presentation, but pictures with stronger lighting would have helped in picking out the details in your interiors.

☆Carewren123☆

What a lovely front porch! I’ve seen homes like this in NOLA and Savannah where the entrance is on what is technically the 2nd floor. Very cool and period appropriate. Lovely gardens all around – nice mix of plant varieties and colors. I love your use of the roof tool. Great showcase of some of the options available. Inside, I like that you’ve used a bit of color and pattern in each room. Nice layout of the rooms. Love the tall cabinets in the kitchen.

Suggestions
    As you noted, the décor looks a tad unfinished in spots. The eyebrow roof arches are a nice touch, but I think they typically would have had a window or vent in them.

And the winners are....

Honorable Mention -

Rostri-Jodu

3rd Place -

DieterPrivate

2nd Place -

Kulthero777

AND

1st Place -

BryonryRae!!!!!

The winner of the Sim challenge is:
    Mr. Green by DieterPrivate
    Love the story, and what a unique way to present it! Great job.

The winner of the Room challenge is:
    Room Challenge –
    Victorian Dining Room by Masajo

Post edited by KittKat7147 on
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Thanks so much for the feedback. That was pretty quick this time too. :) Congrats to all the winners!!!

Yep my interior decoration was definitely unfinished this time around. I decided at the last minute to enter, and just ran out of time. But I'm glad you liked the choices that I made with what I did. I was a bit tricky building with the porch leading to the second floor, but I was happy with how it turned out. As far as windows on the arched roofs...I wanted to, but they were too small for anything to fit. Maybe one day when we have Move Objects back...

Thanks again. :)

E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Ah! So excited to win! :D And especially this one as I wound up really pouring everything I had into it. Thanks, @KittKat7147 for the work you put in to get us these results. Congrats to my fellow winners and to all the contestants really; I thought everyone brought something unique to the table for this one!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners, all very well deserved :D
    Thank you so much for the feedback @Kittkat7147 very much appreciated :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Thank you so much for the feedback and congrats to the other winners!!!
    edited November 2014
    Oops, in my haste I left off the explanation for the room challenge winner. Here is how it should have read:

The winner of the Room challenge is:
    Room Challenge –
    Victorian Kitchen by ROSTRI-JODU
    Not even sure if you entered the room challenge, but as soon as I saw this kitchen, I knew you had to be the winner! This is so totally functional and utilitarian– just like a real Victorian kitchen would have originally been at the time it was built. And yet you still managed to make it a bit stylish on top of that. LOVE!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2014
    Ooops, posted from wrong account....
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top