Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you using CC in the Sims 4?

Hey guys! I usually download CC for the Sims games. Sims 1, 2, and 3. I haven't downloaded anything yet for the Sims 4 because I'm a little nervous about it. Right now my game is running very smoothly and I'm pretty attached to all of my households. I don't want to deal with any potential glitches or crashes. I see that there is a lot of stuff out there now and I would love to try out some mods/CC..etc.

How many of you are using Custom Content in your game? For those that are using CC, Have you run into any problems?

Thanks for your feedback :)
tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif

Comments

• HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    It all seems to crash my game so I've given up on it.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No, it messes up the game.
  • claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks @catmando830 & @HazzaPlumbob Good to know.
    That's a bummer though... ;(
  • TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    Yes, because I can and always have.
  • claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    @Tryc - Where are you downloading your CC from? Have you had any problems with crashes and glitches?
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    weird i have tons of cc. from script mods to clothing to cas parts. and dont seem to have any problems?
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I don't understand what there is to be afraid of. I use all sorts of CC from clothes, hairs, shoes, eyes, mods, and script mods. I DL from mod the sims or various things I find from mysims4blog.blogspot.com/ I have no issues. I do not crash.

Before you use mods or CC, back up your saves and your tray folders. Then plunge in and test each mod or CC to make sure you like it or it does what you want it to do. I also read people's comments at mod the sims to see if everything is working like it should.

Just don't be crazy and download from off the wall weird sites that are not known. AND BACK UP YOUR SAVESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
    Crash or glitch from CC is easily fixed, just remove the little bugger that is causing the problem. I try many things in my test game set up before putting it into my actual "play" game and if it doesn't work correctly or look good, no harm no foul. Worked this way since Sims 2 so...

I would start with:
    modthesims
    mysims4blog

Also, read the comments and the feedback before you download.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Just a few mods from modthesim to correct some plum issues, game is running great.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    I don't think I've ever used CC in a TheSims game.
    and I see no reason to start now.
  • keobookskeobooks Posts: 103 Member
    I always think of mods and CC as separate beasts. Am I wrong to think that. I use tons of mods but no CC.
    > @keobooks said:
    > I always think of mods and CC as separate beasts. Am I wrong to think that. I use tons of mods but no CC.

Like... mods "do" something while CC just lays there? >:)
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I am using custom content and a lot of it lol No game crashes but some of the mods doesnt work for some reason. :\
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • keobookskeobooks Posts: 103 Member
    I know additions to the game are additions to the game. But while I like changing ways the game works -- into a game I'd rather play than the one packaged for us by EA-- I don't want to go the CC route. I imagine myself getting hooked and getting tons of recolors of everything and trying to use color editors as a makeshift color wheel. I try to learn to live with my limited choice of toilet colors because otherwise I'd have 800 toilets in my game in a matter of weeks.

Also, ever since TS2 (didn't see the problem much in TS1) most sims CC looks so un-Maxis like. I actually LIKE the cartoon-ish looking stuff and the hair. I want my playables to look like they are the same species as the townies. I can put 453485 mods in the game and it still LOOKS like the sims game and not a bunch of porcelain dolls with silky hair down to their knees. I know some people like that, but not in MY game.
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    keobooks wrote: »
    I always think of mods and CC as separate beasts. Am I wrong to think that. I use tons of mods but no CC.

I classify them like this as well.

Mods - modifies the existing game (either XML or Script Mods)
    CC - adds a new item to the game - I use this term for things like custom outfits
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • WhoDatWhoDatWhoDatWhoDat Posts: 118 Member
    I've downloaded a whole bunch of CC, and my game still runs smoothly.

You shouldn't have a problem with it if your game is on the newest update (the one with the ghosts).
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I have 600ish items in my mods folder, cc and mods... no issues at all.
    Not sure why people are having issues enough to say "all cc crashes the game" but people are odd...
    And if some glitch does occur all you have to do is go into your mods folder and delete the bad item (though I do suggest contacting the creator and letting them know you had an issue)
    HSon1Mq.png
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    I have 1'200 pieces of cc from hairs,eyebrows,eyelashes,eyes,make-up,clothing,acc,wallpapers and flooring,nail polish,some skins but do not use them and I do not have problems with the game crashing :-)
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    I use 85mb worth of cc and mods but no problem here. I do have problems back then but it was fixed with the latest patch.
  • doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    edited December 2014
    I use 400+MB worth of CC.. I am a hoarder. D; oh and no problems with my game so far :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I am. I'm finally using cc as I needed a christmas tree so I downloaded a christmas set with a tree from TSR. I'll remove it after December and move to my desktop in case I need it again next year.
  • ErinsandyErinsandy Posts: 215 Member
    @claritysf I use CC all the time (Mostly recolors) From TSR and Sims4updates.net
    maybe cc is crashing because it was created for the demo?
    Barry Allen is Me
    Gif credit: The-Gotham-City
    tumblr_oatusypU1T1qi952zo3_500.gif
    I love Nerdy Speedsters
    I just made my first Custom Content! Check it out!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have around 2.6k CC package and script files in my game and it all runs smoothly. I like the EA/Maxis hair in this game, so try to stick to that style for new hairs I download (luckily there are some awesome Maxis-match modders). But I also like better skin detailing to add more character and individuality to my sims, and expanded sliders (even though it means I have to modify the faces of *most* spawned townies to get them out of fugdom).
  • TheShortSimmerTheShortSimmer Posts: 70 Member
    My whole game is CC now. Despite having it for only few days now, I didn't care for much of my clothes options, so I have a stock full CC folder full of clothes. It doesn't crash my game either, and it seems to be all good.
  • simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    I have downloaded tons of CC in my game and a few mods. My game runs great. :smiley: