Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really hate the 'Ask to leave' option

kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
Why can't we have a nicer way to say 'Goodbye' to a Sim? At the moment, this is my number one Pet peeve in gameplay. My dude is romancing the pants off a compatible female, and when it's time for him to go to bed. He asks her to leave. Does he do it nicely? No!

He yells at her and angrily shoos her away.

Seriously, this is not the proper way to shoo away a potential mate, IMO. I want a more pleasant option while keeping the existing one as a more rude option.
Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It is all the rage man to yell at people to make them leave. B)

Here is a mod that you may like:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=539762
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    There are 2 ask to leave options on the social menu one looks really rude when you select it. The other one is friendlier I just wish there was a way to tell between the two instead of guessing. :\
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    Agreed! There really should be a nicer goodbye option! I don't like using "ask to leave" so I just have my Sim go to bed. The guest usually hangs out awkwardly in the living room watching TV until the early morning hours before they shuffle out the front door.
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    edited October 2014
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Why can't we have a nicer way to say 'Goodbye' to a Sim? At the moment, this is my number one Pet peeve in gameplay. My dude is romancing the pants of a compatible female, and when it's time for him to go to bed. He asks her to leave. Does he do it nicely? No!

He yells at her and angrily shoos her away.

Seriously, this is not the proper way to shoo away a potential mate, IMO. I want a more pleasant option while keeping the existing one as a more rude option.

I agree completely, you'd think the guest had just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on the carpet!

OK,s-h-a-t.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    There are 2 ask to leave options on the social menu one looks really rude when you select it. The other one is friendlier I just wish there was a way to tell between the two instead of guessing. :\

Ah. I always thought it was a glitch and the option just showed up twice all the time. Maybe they should put an icon on them so we can tell the difference.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    They should include a "Goodbye" interaction which is friendly and a "Kick Out" interaction which is mean instead of the "Ask To Leave" option.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    They should include a "Goodbye" interaction which is friendly and a "Kick Out" interaction which is mean instead of the "Ask To Leave" option.

This
  • TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    I hate it too! Normally I let my sim go to bed and then the guest will eventually leave. I would love them to "Kiss goodbye" or just .. at least a "friendly goodbye".
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited October 2014

Ah. I always thought it was a glitch and the option just showed up twice all the time. Maybe they should put an icon on them so we can tell the difference.

Or change it to "Ask to leave" and "tell to get out."

Edit: basically what bobyo2001 said. Sorry, didn't read down far enough.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.

Meant to follow up on this with an edit, but another post has been made since. There is a Goodbye option when you're in a group chat. It's intended to have that particular sim leave the conversation. This should be re-worded to 'Ask Sim to Leave,' or something similar. I would prefer 'Goodbye' to be the normal way to ask a sim to leave.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Meant to follow up on this with an edit, but another post has been made since. There is a Goodbye option when you're in a group chat. It's intended to have that particular sim leave the conversation. This should be re-worded to 'Ask Sim to Leave,' or something similar. I would prefer 'Goodbye' to be the normal way to ask a sim to leave.

In the group chat it should be "Ask Sim To Leave Conversation".
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    They need to bring back, "Kiss goodbye" and "hug goodbye." Perhaps add a "shake hands goodbye" or even a "bro-hug goodbye."

That would be a much better way to word it.

That would be a much better way to word it.

Can we get a "this doesn't concern you" option?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    Now that I think about it, I think we need some even more haughty and dismissive options. Call it Sims 4 High Class Snide and Royalty Rudeness EP.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, I think we need some even more haughty and dismissive options. Call it Sims 4 High Class Snide and Royalty Rudeness EP.

I like those ideas. Maybe they'll bring it to us in the High Society EP.
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Shoo Sim should rename Say Goodbye.

Say Goodbye should rename Ask to Leave.

There should have been more options how Sims do the interaction, as was the case in previous games.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    Shoo Sim should rename Say Goodbye.
    Say Goodbye should rename Ask to Leave.
    There should have been more options how Sims do the interaction, as was the case in previous games.

I believe they'll come, but for now, I still really hate the option. I've tried both commands as another suggested, and they both turn out the same.
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Yeah another of my 1,000 peeves with the game at the moment. You just get the impression that the game had minimal game testing.

Ask to leave translates as 'you soiled yourself on my sofa'.
    Say goodbye translates as 'I'm off to bed but consider the place your own. Feel free to eat my food, watch my TV, use my computer or chat up my wife'.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    As often as my neighbors STALK me, I'd actually like to have "Get the PLUM out!!"
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    ... You mean, you guys DON'T yell at guests irl when you want them to leave? :o

I agree, it needs changing.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    They need to bring back, "Kiss goodbye" and "hug goodbye." Perhaps add a "shake hands goodbye" or even a "bro-hug goodbye."
    I really like your idea. I hope someone from ea is reading.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    I'd like to see that "ask to leave" option change according to your Sim's emotional state. For instance, an angry Sim would carry his/her guest over their shoulder, then out the door before dumping them onto the sidewalk before storming back into the house. :)
    Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Yeah, I wish the 'ask to leave' option is like the one in The Sims 2 , where when they're not friends, they kinda ask them to leave not too nicely, but when they're friends, they would hug or something.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif