Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

people giving up on the sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    katerinalda4katerinalda4 Posts: 15 Member
    I've stopped playing it three days after i had bought it...I find the game boring at the state it is right now and I'm just hoping an Ep with a bigger neighbourhood and more community lots will come soon and make it a bit more interesting...
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I'm enjoying building my first house and create a sim but find the rest of the game boring :(

I play offline at the moment!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I haven't given up, I just don't feel like playing them right now. Granted, this is pretty much the first time this has ever happened to me since I started playing this game back in 2003, but what can I say? It is what it is.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I gave up on it since the first time I saw the screenshot. Nasty art style.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Dunno about people giving up but in my case the game gave up on me.
    It turned into Groundhog Day 4. I'm playing the same day over and over because I cannot save - it crashes on save.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been off a couple of days (been busy) but hope to get some playing in tonight. I'm still enjoying it quite a bit; I'm now working on the fourth household spinoff from my original Simself, her youngest son who's a Serial Romantic and is hopefully going to be responsible for the upcoming baby boom in my game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    I play offline cause otherwise the game freezes up on me and I have to wait a while just for my sims to finish out an interaction.
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yeah, I gave up on it.

The Sims 4 had to be a major improvement in ALL areas, or at least near all areas, given what TS3 was. At the end of the day, 70 dollars later, TS4 hasn't brought enough to the table and is trying to rehash a halfbaked TS2 experience all over again.

I don't know if it's EA or the developers who suck more, and really I don't care, there are plenty of fantastic games on the market that offer way more than The Sims 4 does.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Lightdream wrote: »
    Are people giving up the sims 4 every time i check how many people are online thr numbers keep going down. I know alot of people play offline but still does't it hits big numbers. I don't know im just nerveous i love the sims 4 and i really don't want to see it go down the drain.

Because of the impending game update, I've shifted to offline because I do not trust game updates anymore.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I've given up on humanity. They always disappoint. Always.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I have a chronic illness and am home bound. I play most every day. I play online. The only time I am off-line is when my internet connection drops out. I know it has happened when I happen to access the gallery and it asks if I want to reconnect. I built my PC 11 months ago and have no issues with lag or stuttering. I over build my PC's so I get several years out of them. I built my old PC back in 2009 for The Sims 3. I could probably play this game pretty well on the old PC but now I just use it for paying bills and answering correspondence. Only trouble I have had is with my graphics card. I am pretty sure it was an issue with the card so I replaced the card.

I am not bored of the game. I like it. There really has never been a The Sims game I didn't like. Although there were some expansions I wasn't a fan of.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I've given up on humanity. They always disappoint. Always.

Tomorrow go for a coffee on a spot you haven't been before.
    Coffee. Not tea.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Ppl never gave up on diggin up old threads though
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I play offline unless I need something from the gallery.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I usually play offline, I am playing less and less until December and they bring in more careers.
  • Options
    dimp10dimp10 Posts: 148 Member
    I got bored with Sims 4 and have gone back to Sims 2 actually.
    Nox.
    tumblr_m7q3sarQX11rxf32jo2_500.gif
    Nox.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    So far still enjoying Sims 4 and trying out traits or households I never ventured into playing before so i can decide eventually what households I find most enjoyable before the eps and stuff starts. I know in previous sims games i stopped playing the base game until EP started - but always found with every series I went to playing the same kind of households with the same traits over and over. So this time instead of stop playing when my normal style of play seemed to be repeating itself - I began 6 new games and in each with different household make up - different career and traits. i am finding it all delightful and different. i actually found some newness in playing households or traits i always previously shunned.

I have successfully expanded my Simming horizons - I think. As I am definitely not bored or thinking about going back to Sims 2 or 3 - yet anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    So far still enjoying Sims 4 and trying out traits or households I never ventured into playing before so i can decide eventually what households I find most enjoyable before the eps and stuff starts. I know in previous sims games i stopped playing the base game until EP started - but always found with every series I went to playing the same kind of households with the same traits over and over. So this time instead of stop playing when my normal style of play seemed to be repeating itself - I began 6 new games and in each with different household make up - different career and traits. i am finding it all delightful and different. i actually found some newness in playing households or traits i always previously shunned.

I have successfully expanded my Simming horizons - I think. As I am definitely not bored or thinking about going back to Sims 2 or 3 - yet anyway.

@Writin_Reg, I love this idea. I always seem to make attractive Sims with only positive traits and it does get boring. Trying this^ might just make it a little more fun and interesting. ;)
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    AmovitamsimAmovitamsim Posts: 38 Member
    I took some time off from Sims 4 to play Civilization 5 and Beyond Earth. I have very little free time in a day, so it's one or the other. When a new game I like comes out, I usually play it for a couple weeks and then go back to the Sims. Nothing can beat The Sims for me!
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Hardly play now. Too many stupid glitches and bad Ai from the supposed 'smart sims'. I just end up ranting at the screen, shouting "what ARE you doing" or "why are you doing that" etc. Also the game is pretty small.

If I game now it tends to be Far Cry 3 or Skyrim.
  • Options
    I didn't get bored I just can't play the game any more because of the bug (crashing).
    I mean I can start a new, but I don't want to till it's fixed.

And I'm on Dreamfall Chapters currently, then will move on Wasteland 2, etc.
    Not sure what am I doing still here on the forum...
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes I put one of my new households up this week on the gallery - a dad and his little girl - the dad has the Criminal career, is hot headed, mean, etc and his little girl is just the sweetest thing - and it's a fun household to play so far. The only common trait they have is loves the outdoors - so they do spend lots of time outdoors together. I was delighted that even though the dad is not a great guy to be around for most sims - he is an amazing and loving dad. So he leaves his bad side to all other sims, but dotes on his sweet little girl. Thank goodness.

I also have another household of 8 single YA's and every one has different traits and different careers. They each have their own tiny 3 x 3 bedroom, there are two big bathrooms, and a fair size kitchen, eating, living room area. No perks really on the lot yet. I haven't played this household much yet - so busy with the dad and the daughter - but what little I have played has some real funny moments in this somewhat crowded house with not a lot to do when most are not out working. I will probably be playing them later today.

The other households I have are a single ya male in one lot and a single ya female on the other. I purposely gave them content on their lots that went against their traits. Like have an easel on the lot of the sim that hates art - but the easel is the only thing in the house outside of the kitchen bedroom and bathroom. She also hates outdoors and I made her grow a garden outside. The males household has a similar kind of setup but different traits etc and he is faring much better than she is. Both are quite funny.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I play offline...I don't see the point of remaining online...only time I will is if I'm looking for new creation's the guru's made, but I prefer to keep it off
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The only game I'm playing right now is The Sims 3. I'm having way too much fun to even think about moving to TS4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Lightdream wrote: »
    Well as long they come back its cool. I just got paranoid i guess since i heard that problaly won't be a ts5 if ts4 doesn't do well. Like right now only 29k online :/

@Lightdream, no need to be paranoid as that statement was made out of frustrated by one guru who was NOT speaking for the company when making that statement. He retracted the words a few posts later and stated that he was only frustrated because people were asking about TS5, on the very day that TS4 went live. Nothing to worry about. EA has published a few "stinkers" and still managed to turn those games around to make a profit. The only way the Sims franchise will be cancelled is if they fail to make a profit more on more than one versions in the series. TS4 can fail to make a profit and TS5 do well and the franchise will continue. Because EA is so large and is a parent company to Maxis, they can afford to absorb some losses if the future shows promises of profit-recovery.