Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flawless Cycle 7 - CANCELLED

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 3 Sims and Modeling
24ywaxg.jpg

It's baaaaaaaaaaaack....

Yep, I've decided to bring back a very fun and successful competition of mine. This competition has all kinds of elements about it that keeps the contestants involved and working hard.

It's a fashion competition that will push you to your limits and make you try your butts off to keep yourselves in the game.

This cycle is going to incorporate assignments from the previous cycles and use examples from previous contestants as inspiration! There are challenges and sabotages to this competition that help or damage your scores!

Otherwise, it's pretty simple! So sign up!

There is a mock assignment for this competition as I only accept 10 models. You must "apply" to take part in this competition by completing this mock assignment.

There are only 12 assignments and eliminations will take place every other round with double eliminations.

Mock Applications are due COMPLETED by the deadline posted below.

25hl24i.jpg
No negativity of any kind is allowed - this includes belittling yourself
Editing is allowed and highly recommended
NO face-plastering or photo-skinning
You are allowed to draw your own clothing or objects
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle - yes I will be keeping track
Only 2 days MAX extensions are allowed - you must ask for one at
least 24 hours in advanced
Assignments last 10 days - that's lots of time, which means I may choose not
to extend it for you
Deadlines are set at Pacific Standard Times - adjust accordingly
Please don't drop - if you are too busy or think you will drop, DON'T SIGN UP!
Have fun and be creative

2gui51h.jpg

Complete Mock Assignment Application Below to be Placed on the List

Reserved
Heather
Cheerio
Ava

Mock Submitted
Vana & Marlene Klein

Extensions Granted

26078t1.jpg
Judge Application

Username:
Availability:
Email or PM?
Experience:
Headshot:

**Judges are not first come first serve. I will select a judge 3 days before the deadline**

Thread @ Unbound

Assignments Archive
COMING SOON!
6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by BeechNutBaby on

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited October 2014
    2lboysz.jpg

MOCK ASSIGNMENT

In order to participate in this cycle of Flawless, you will need to provide a mock assignment photo.

There is quite a bit to do for this, so please read carefully so that your application is COMPLETE upon submission:

FIRST: Create a simple headshot and body shot on black or transparent backgrounds.
    **Do not crop off the top of your model's head in the headshot**
    **Do not crop off any part of your model in the body shot**
    **Select clothing that does not blend into the background**
    **If your model has black hair, I suggest creating a transparent background**

SECOND: Follow the requirements below for the mock assignment:

Below, you will find 6 examples of fashion photography genres. Your task will be to choose TWO of those genres and create TWO separate bodyshot fashion images incorporating those genres.

You may think this is easy, but you will need to be creative in order to impress the judges and make it into the competition.

This will hopefully show us that you can be creative with simplistic requirements and your model can still stand out regardless of the genre she's thrown into. Choose carefully!

THIRD: Submit them all together.

Fashion Photography Genres to Choose From
    Click on each image to see it in full size
    The examples are cropped and made smaller to fit the page. Click on them to see them in full size and you'll see they are full bodyshots. You need to create a full bodyshot.

wum4uc.jpg 2i7mkm.jpg
    33kf0vr.jpg a0a005.jpg
    2wc2vds.jpg nysn6e.jpg
    DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 10TH @ 9PM PST
    Non-elimination round, but only 10 models will be selected. If we do not get at least 10 models, the competition will be canceled.

CRITERIA FOR GETTING INTO FLAWLESS CYCLE 7
    This list of criteria will be used to make our decision on who makes it and who does't:

Style Adaptation: Did you do a good job of incorporating your chosen fashion style in the image?
    Overal Image Composition: Does your image look good and well thought out. Is everything nicely placed and your model in a good spot in the photo.
    Creativity: Both your model, clothing, and setting need to stand out.
    Model Uniqueness: Is your model unique and inspiring to look at? Give her good features that make her stand out amongst the rest.
    Personal Preference: Yes, a judge's personal tastes do play a factor.

11908ck.jpg

Every assignment will have a challenge associated with it. Here's the gist of how challenges work:

Challenges are completely optional. Doing a challenge may earn you 5 bonus points. Not doing a challenge or not winning a challenge will not hurt your score in any way.

Challenges are separate mini-photos to be completed separate from your assignment entry. Challenge photos may be submitted after you've submitted your assignment. You have until the deadline to submit a challenge photo, however, we will not wait for them. If everyone gets done early, we move on.

Challenge winners are selected by the judges conferring on their favorites.

16bh8nk.jpg

Some assignments will have sabotages associated with them. Here is the gist of how sabotages work:

Sabotages are assigned to the winners of previous rounds.

Sabotages must be completed by those they are assigned to. Not doing a sabotage will cause a 3 point deduction from your overall score. Failing a sabotage will cause a 2 point deduction, but passing a sabotage will earn you 5 bonus points.

Sabotages are to be completed on your assignment image. They will be things that you can complete while doing the assignment.

Whether or not you pass a sabotage is decided by the judges agreeing on whether or not you did. You must get a pass from both judges to earn your points.

2n21wfd.jpg

There is a standard scoring rubric for this competition, but there are bonuses and deductions to look at every round.

SCORING RUBRIC

Photo Quality: /5
    Photo Presentation: /5
    Model Appearance: /10
    Photo Composition: /10
    Photo Creativity: /10
    Relation to Assignment: /5
    Requirements Met: /5
    Total: /50

SCORE BREAKDOWN

Photo Quality: How crisp and clear is your image?
    Photo Presentation: Are the lighting, cropping, and angle of the image done well?
    Model Appearance: How fashionable does your model look? Does she fit? Is she posed well?
    Photo Composition: Does the photo look well-put-together as a whole? Do the setting and your model work well together?
    Photo Creativity: How creative is your image. Does it have that WOW factor?
    Relation to Assignment:[/i] Does your image make sense or is it totally off base?
    Requirements Met: Assignments have requirements, follow them!

Challenges & Sabotages

Winning a challenge will earn you 5 bonus points to be applied to the following assignment.

Passing a sabotage will earn you 5 bonus points to be applied to the current assignment.

Failing a sabotage will cause a 2 point deduction to be applied to the current assignment.

Not doing a sabotage will cause a 3 point deduction to be applied to the current assignment.

a1mt0g.jpg
    JUDGES, PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES AND JUDGE THEM AT THEIR FULL SIZE. THE SMALLER IMAGES TEND TO LOSE QUALITY

Vana & Marlene Klein
    flawlessretro.png~original
    flawlessgothic.png~original

6rj4Q13.png
    edited October 2014
    16atiyf.jpg
    6rj4Q13.png
    6rj4Q13.png
  • cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    Oh my gosh yes! I need to join, I had so much fun last time! Please reserve me!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    ive already got 3 comps and judging a couple of comps idk im tossing up on whether to join or not I either join or become a judge
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

oh and can the black and white couture have like a setting eg: b&w forest

and I'm like:

Gotcha Cheerio :)

@Dats: yes :)
    6rj4Q13.png
    ok :)

and I'm like:

• peterpunch2000peterpunch2000 Posts: 2,381 Member
    Loud lurker! :D
    16449922485_0e98556039_o.png
  • Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    I'll assess my time and schedule, this seems really good, but all of your comps are good!
  • IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    edited October 2014
    Haha, accidentally checked in for Face Off here. Don't know what's wrong with me :P I do want to join this! Same as Maggie, I'll have to see if I can fit it in :)
    Post edited by IceTigers21 on
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

All done with one of my mocks! Hopefully I can do the next one tomorrow and get my application done.
    hvv6th.jpg
    Sounds good everyone :)

I hope you find the time Ava & Maggie!
    6rj4Q13.png
    bump!
    6rj4Q13.png
    Cricket...cricket!
    6rj4Q13.png
    xD I'll break this silence, I can probably turn in my application tonight, and my mocks this weekend.
    hvv6th.jpg
    Sounds good Cheerio. Hopefully things pick up so we don't have to cancel!
    6rj4Q13.png
    Well, this isn't looking as promising as I'd hoped. We've got a week left for people to join. Let's hope they do!!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    Because it looks like one of my comps is dying and I really don't want this one to, please reserve me!
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

Will do Ava :)
    6rj4Q13.png
    ah stuff it YOLO I'll get my app in soon

and I'm like:

Sounds good Dats.
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited November 2014
    Bump. I'm thinking of pulling this one. Going to see how it goes, but if no one else shows up by Monday I'll be canceling this and opening a different one possibly.

I honestly don't see a rush of contestants showing up within the next 2.5 days. So this is cancelled guys. I'm sorry to those who were interested. I'm going to close this down and think of something else that will hopefully draw attention!
    6rj4Q13.png
    :(

and I'm like:

I know, sorry Dats!
    6rj4Q13.png