Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only baby boys born?

Is this happening to only me? I don't mind baby boys ;) But when trying to follow a legacy with certain rules, it would be nice with both boy and girl babies born in game :)

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I have a fair mix. The townie generator only seems to generate boy children though. It's been doing that since day one.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    There are a lot of threads like this where people are reporting strings of one gender. However, gurus have confirmed that it is a 50/50 chance and that it is just by chance that this is happening. Personally, I haven't had this problem. The worst I had was 3 boys in a row -- nothing out of the ordinary.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Ok, I used to get both gender babies born, but the last weeks it has only been boys
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thank you for your reply @jessathemessa I will keep trying then ;) I wonder how many babies my legacy sim can have before she gets a girl!
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    I've read several topics in regards to this. While baby gender is random, it seems like it will sometimes get 'stuck' a certain gender. Some players have reported 18 sequential children all of the same gender.

A player did offer a suggestion that whoever initiates the woohoo may also contribute to baby gender. So if a woman is asking the man for a baby, try having the man ask the woman for a baby.

This is most likely an urban legend, and not something in the code, but give it a try and see if anything changes.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing what gender spawn my legacy heir produces. I'm playing a patriarchy, but not a strict one, so if there are no boys, the eldest girl will inherit. However, the idea of keeping on trying until they get a boy is kind of overwhelming. Oh, the fun ;-)
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    I have had nothing but girls born in my game so far, nine so far.. Have turned it into a family curse for my game. lol
  • JadeEmmaJadeEmma Posts: 93 Member
    I have had a majority of girl sims born in my game. Out of 10 children, 8 were girls.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    My score since September 4th: 3 boys and 12 girls. Thy urgently need to let us decide the gender of our babies!!
  • Toxic9898Toxic9898 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think its yellow bassinets for girls and blue or green bassinets for boys.
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Bassinet color has nothing to do with it.

I've had a string of girls, then a string of boys and a mix of both with various families. It is random. Each time it's a 50/50 chance. I know real families who go through the same thing. It just is what it is.
  • debraactsdebraacts Posts: 35 Member
    I’m tired of waiting for a girl - I’ve had yet to have a girl born. Just had yet another boy born. So my next family, im creating a female toddler for them! At least now I’ll have one girl in the family.
  • Mzdm3nrMzdm3nr Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having this issue as well, most of my families are boys and the occasional girl. i wonder why...
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @EA_Rtas Found another necroposted thread!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Click this link and you will find info on how to influence gender during pregnancy. I haven't used this in a while but it worked when I used it last.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2015, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top