Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2014
    I am busy atm, with a different story to blog about, since freewill experiments is unavailable for now, after testing. I have had this peeve for awhile but I am highly annoyed enough atm to rant about it, as my current story I am working on, really would benefit from this missing part, which for the life of me, I really do not understand why they removed it in the first place! Especially with so many creative story writers who sim!

PLEASE EA... bring back the WORD BUBBLES in conversation!! WHY?? Why, did you in your wisdom feel this was removeable?? It really adds to our creative writing and blogging stories. It helps so much to engage the fellow simmers who read our blogs.

For Example .... <<<<<--- current profile pic, would have been so much more understandable with wordbubble's enabled!!!!
  • AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    Sul Sul. I'm back. Still experimenting with the Game Options and found leaving the game on laptop mode (because that is the type of computer I am playing on), seems to be the best option. My laptop doesn't get too hot, and the environment still looks very good in the Sims 4. I did leave the Sims Option on High, and the Lighting I changed to Medium. That was a great idea to have a variety of settings for all the computers we play the game on. The reward objects (plumbob lights) are nice because they affect emotions, but our Sims have to pay for them. Get out and dig, dig, dig because you find some neat things that help boost your Sims' emotions. Oh and I found out if your silly Sim is standing while eating, just click on a chair and he should sit down and eat.

Now to vent. Objects are constantly breaking, and they seem to break when my Sim has to go to work. He just can't go out and have FUN. When he gets home from work, he's too tired to do anything. And by the time he does research on the computer, cooks a meal, washes up, and fixes everything that broke, it's time to go to work, and he hasn't even gone to bed yet to get some sleep. Come on game designers, fix this wee-bit of a pain that everything keeps breaking, and the day goes by too fast. It was sort of funny watching my poor Sim trying to fix everything but frustrating because he can't get a promotion being tired all the time going to work. A few times he was about to go to work and the toilet overflowed, the bathroom sink was spurting water all over the place, the shower was overflowing; and what else could go wrong you ask? The computer and stereo short circuited. Oh, and did I mention he started a fire while cooking mac & cheese, and caught on fire. Noooo! Immediately direct your Sim to the shower if you want to save them. Then have them use the fire extinguisher to put out the flames because there is no fire dept. How could the game designers forget about including brave firemen and firegals in the Sims 4? One more day and my Sim will become an adult and guess what? He has only saved 500 simoleons. He is never going to be able to purchase the beautiful house masajo built for him. Unless of course I use cheats. Believe me I'm tempted but I'm trying to play without cheats this time around.

Otherwise, I am thoroughly enjoying the game. If these little problems could be fixed, the game would be even more enjoyable.
  • amariswiccanamariswiccan Posts: 43 Member
    > @SimGuruHydra said:
    >
    > * What you liked
    > * What you didn't like
    > * Suggestions?
    > * Overall thoughts?

*I like how the sims interact with other sims.
    *I like the way everything looks.
    *I don't really mind being restricted to the neighborhood.

*However the building options are as bad as they were in Sims 1. (Again we can't go over three floors and there isn't even a cheat this time! Do you know how impossible your making it for me to build the Winchester Mystery House this time.)
    *Then you have them go to school or work and it's worse than the rabbit holes from The Sims 3.
    *No cars, really?
    *Basically this version of The Sims sucks for builders. I can't even build my own house with the limited options.

*Let us be able to choose more wallpaper and floor options/colors.
    *Cars please.
    *Let them go somewhere when they go to work/school, even if they walk off it would be better than them just disappearing. It's creepy.

So far I agree with the comments from Game Informer magazine that this game is a step back. I really hope some of the issues get fixed with either a patch or an EP, not sure I would buy an EP at this point thou. The Sims 4 may be the end for me.
  • GBlucherGBlucher Posts: 157 Member
    So far I'd say the Sims 4 is a solid program. It runs so much better than its predecessor. Loading times are great, no lag, frame rate is fine, etc.

My only problem is that it's too much of the same old as Sims 3. I had really hoped for more autonomy and better AI out of the sims this time around. I would have liked to experience the stories my sims make, rather than simply have them do whatever I want them to do. Sure they will take care of their needs, go to work (if you give them a job), chit-chat with each other, watch tv, etc. But, the sims in Sims 4 are still listless and boring left to their own devices.

And when I do take over? It's all just too easy to make everything perfect. My sims can have perfect little sim-lives and nothing ever goes wrong other than an awkward conversation and a bad moodlet quickly forgotten. There's no real push back. Each sim is more or less the same as another, regardless of traits or aspiration.

The Sims 4 still feels too much like a toy/virtual doll-house than a game/life simulator. So far it seems the chance to really go forward with the franchise was lost.

Hoping the expansions really flesh out the gameplay rather than just add a bunch of stuff like most of the Sims 3 expansions did...
  • Sheridan360Sheridan360 Posts: 43 Member
    What you liked:
    CAS
    Being able to build/buy on community lots while visiting the lot
    Emotions
    Expanding the family later in the game (probably my favorite thing ever)
    Moving Rooms and re-sizing them

What you didn't like:
    Teenagers look just like adults, It's hard to tell them apart.
    No Cars
    No Spiral Staircase
    No Family Trees
    Lack of an Open World
    Aliens and Alien Abduction
    Lack of Community Lots and variety of community lots

Suggestions:
    Bring back the toddlers and pools
    SciFi expansion with Magic, Aliens, Alien World, Vampires, Werewolves, Witches/Warlocks, Fairies, Zombies, etc...
    Cars/Garages
    Small Animals
    Farm Expansion Pack
    Open World w/ more lots

Overall thoughts:
    TS2 was the best Sims game ever. While I understand the need for change when creating a new version, you have to look at what worked best instead of changing it so much that you alienate fans. I like that you are listening to fans and asking what we like and don't like. My hope is that you don't stop with simply listening and actually take our advise and incorporate our ideas into the game.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have been a fan of the Sims ever since the first game came out. I have always been impressed with the way the game has developed and been improved upon, not just between each game, but with the add ons and downloads etc. too. The Sims 4 was such a huge disappointment for me.<br />
    <br />
    I'll start with the good points (as this will take the least time):<br />
    <br />
    Multi Tasking:<br />
    The multi tasking is a nice function. It's not a massive benefit to the game and is rarely used but it’s still a nice addition to the Sims play style. I do like the way you can have 3 or more Sims talking in a single conversation too.<br />
    <br />
    Emotions:<br />
    The emotions, again, is a nice feature. Similar to what was already in the Sims 3 but slightly more explored but again a nice addition. However similar things were in place in the Sims 3 and so is not really a big step forward. More a slightly different way of doing what had already been done.<br />
    <br />
    Better Sims creator:<br />
    Yes, slightly. The way you can change the features of your Sim is more fun and a bit more creative but; again, it’s not a huge step up from the Sims 3. It’s slightly easier. But I will admit it is quite fun.<br />
    <br />
    Now to move onto the problems (get ready for the big list):<br />
    <br />
    The map (in my view the biggest problem):<br />
    What the hell is with the map? Seriously! The Sims 3 gave you a huge map that you could mod and change. Add houses, shops, venues etc. You could make your Sims walk, taxi or bike from one side to the other. Where is this in the new one? Why has the map been split into small sections with very limited houses? The motto is "play it your way" but this is so restrictive that I feel I have to play it how the game wants not how I want. Why the map has been split into sections I have no idea? The Sims 2 was similar. Play with your Sim confined to one house but they eliminated this in the Sims 3. Why go back to it? Why make the world smaller?<br />
    <br />
    Loading Screens:<br />
    Really? Loading screens!! Its 2014 why are there loading screens? I can walk across the fictional world of Skyrim (2011) or Los Santos (GTA5), which is based on LA, and not encounter a single loading screen. Why can't my Sim walk next door without a loading screen? This wasn't even in Sims 3 with its bigger map. What the hell?<br />
    <br />
    Better graphics???:<br />
    Yes, slightly. Not a lot. When you look at FIFA 15 (made by EA) the footballers have creases in the t-shirts, the shorts blow in the wind and move with the movement of the footballer. Why do my Sims look like they have Lego hair and are walking in cardboard clothes? It’s pathetic. Especially if you look at the graphics and interactions of games such as Watch Dogs and even Skyrim which is 3 years older. The details on the items are appalling too. The cheap TV is literally a black cube. No detail, nothing to make it look like a TV, just a black box. Where is the passion from your designers? Get Skyrim, walk up to a tree and see the detail of the trunks. They have gone out and scanned tree bark to create the texture of the tree trunks. You have a cube for a TV. Pathetic! And with the technology that’s out now (which you are using on other games).<br />
    <br />
    Limited choices:<br />
    Why are there so many limitations on designs? You can’t change fabric, clothes colours, styles etc. like you could in Sims 3. Why are you limiting us? If I want my Sim to look like he is wearing a tie made of wood and a shirt made of metal I should have this option. I did in the Sims 3. I may find a style I like (although there really aren’t a lot to choose from) and I only seem to have a choice of a couple of colours. Why is this? If I want a red and white striped tie with a blue floral shirt and a brown and grey checked blazer I should be able to change each individual colour and pattern. The Sims 3 gave me this option yet I have to choose from the frankly limited standard colour options available. And it’s the same for items and wallpaper and so on too.<br />
    <br />
    Interaction:<br />
    Why are the interactions between Sims and objects and other Sims so rigid? In FIFA 15 if a footballer runs into another he pushes him over or out the way. Sims walk around each other like there is a 2 foot box around them. I had 2 Sims sitting next to each other on the sofa talking and their arms kept going through each other. Why? I haven't seen such bad interaction since the mid 2000s. The way they move is almost like it's been choreographed, badly, and not a nice free flowing action.<br />
    <br />
    Sudden disappearances of conversation options:<br />
    I’ve noticed that during a conversation some of the topics will appear and disappear. I got my Sim to talk to another and I saw two conversation options I wanted to use. I clicked on the first and got that in my actions queue. I then looked for the second option and it had disappeared. Why? Surely if a dialogue option has appeared it should always be there, not come and go as it pleases. I understand there are a lot of dialogues and so on and some are situation related but why is one there one minute and gone the next?<br />
    <br />
    Ways to really make Sims individual:<br />
    There are so many different people in the world and not just their style. My best friend is 6’1” meanwhile I’m only 5’6” yet if I create us on the Sims we’re the same height. Yes I can make them look fat or muscular but why are all Sims still the same height? Surely this was the next logical step. Ok you can now create a different walking style for each Sim, which I’ll admit isn’t too bad and it does give slightly more individuality to a Sim, but there is so much more they could have done. If you look at games such as Skyrim, Star Trek Online, FIFA 15 and so on there are so many more options for character creation than in a game that is designed for creating characters. I can create a 5’6” footballer in FIFA and put him on a team with another created player whose 6’6” and so on. You are the same companies why has height not even crossed your minds? And there is so much more to have been explored both physically and personality. How about fears and loves? The Sims 2 allowed your Sims to have one thing they hated (beards, blonde hair etc.) and two things they liked. I always thought this was a nice concept that the Sims 3 missed out on and again the Sims 4 has done nothing around. Also why only 3 traits? In the Sims 3 you could choose 5. This gave your Sims a much larger and varied personality. Again surely reducing things like this is a step back? I would say that I, along with all my friends, have many traits, habits, quirks and so on. Why don’t your Sims have things like this? Perhaps allow Sims to have pet hates, likes, quirks, habits etc. all kinds of ways to improve the way Sims interact and behave. Yes well done you have created 6 different walking styles and removed some personality traits, great development there.<br />
    <br />
    Options you have and didn't use:<br />
    I have FIFA 15. I also had 14 & 13. I went onto the EA site and used the website to take a picture of my face and the side of my head. I then mapped this out on the site and it generated a fairly accurate 3D, CGI representation of my face. I have now put this face on a created character on FIFA and it looks like I am in the game. Why have you not added this feature to the Sims? You have had this technology since FIFA 13, if not before. This is the perfect tool for the Sims. Why is this not used?<br />
    <br />
    Money Grabbing:<br />
    Since the Sims 1, swimming pools have been an option on all the base games. Why no pools? You have the option and ability to do it. They’re in the other games and all Sims fans are used to them. Why no pools? My guess is you know people like them and will want them. My guess is that these will be added in a download or expansion pack that people will pay for. And you know people will pay because they were a prominent feature in the other games and were popular. Very clever I'll admit but exploitative.<br />
    <br />
    Game Play:<br />
    Honestly I played the game for around 2-3 hours and I think I had done everything you could do. It became so boring so quickly. The Sims 3 I am playing all these years later yet this new one lasted me a few hours before I was bored. There is nothing to do. No stories to develop. It feels like your creativity has been removed and you are stuck with a linear game instead of something that I can "play my way" to quote your own slogan.<br />
    <br />
    All in all I think this is a terrible game. It's such a huge step back from the Sims 3 it’s not even something you can joke about or brush aside. It's like going back in time and playing the Sims 1 or 2, but with less to do in it and more restrictions. I just want to know what EA and Maxis were thinking of when they decided to release this. Go online and just read the reviews by fans. Most say the same as me.<br />
    <br />
    You need to make some drastic changes to this game as people are simply not playing it and will refuse to buy the add ons and extras. Fans of the Sims are leaving the franchise and many will never buy the extras and if there is ever a Sims 5 people will probably not bother. This game is almost single handedly destroying the Sims franchise.<br />
    <br />
    Such a shame as there was so much potential with this game.

Your comment is very negative :( and again, complainer discovered!
    And I don't think that complaining will help to make the game any better, you hardly even said a single suggestion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    I have a couple of minor suggestions that I think will help with creativity/usability of CAS:

→could we please see a return of the unlockoutfits cheat? For this to be really freeing, it should not only unlock service outfits/hidden outfits, but also make male outfits available to females and female outfits available to males.

It would also be fabulous if, either with this cheat, or with the addition of another, we could do the same for accessories (including hats, shoes, jewelry, etc), hair, and make-up choices.

I've set myself some challenges in attempting to make themed characters using no CC, and really am finding many things quite difficult to achieve, of course this to an extent is part of the challenge, however it does seem to go a bit beyond ''challenging'' at times, and any help would be appreciated!

Also, I appreciate very much that I can remove the CAS ''filters'' that automatically sort clothing, etc into the category I am looking at (ex: Party) however, having to remove them every time I switch from one item to another, such as 'tops' to 'bottoms' (and maybe back several times, knowing me! :-P ) gets to be a bit wearing.

→If an option could be added to remove filters for longer periods it would be fantastic! Maybe a couple of choices could be added, like for the entire time one is within that category designing that outfit, for that entire sim, and even, permanently (or until turned back on)

→I would greatly appreciate being able to edit the descriptions of my 'shared creations' without having to re-upload the entire thing, especially since hashtags seem to play such an important role in people being able to find/search them. Also, I had not realized you could change the 'title' of the upload for the first several sims, instead of it just being the last name

→Finally, for the clothing, especially (in CAS, just because I haven't spent much time in building, yet, though I hear this is a similar issue there) it would be nice if the limited ''color swatches'' were linked across the clothing, somehow, or at least each piece had the same colors/patterns available, much like hair seems to (though I don't know that the colors are actually linked, or if just the same colors were applied to each mesh). I cannot tell you how I have struggled in making even very creative 'black' or much worse, 'brown' based outfits go together because the tones (and less often, textures) were so off/mismatched. If CASt is impossible, linking the colors/patterns across items within a group (hair, clothing, jewelry, architectural items, furniture, etc) would make things a lot easier for people to work with, and be imaginative/creative with the things they can put together, especially if they don't use CC

(As a side note, I think if that was done, it would might create the ability for modders to make custom patterns and such that could be added to the game, that would then apply to all the items, and expand the options available)

• annalysseannalysse Posts: 3 New Member
    I really enjoy the game! I think there should be a farm expansion pack!!! PLEASE.
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    What I don't like
    - Emotions, I get that it's difficult to simulate emtions, because the game clearly shows it. I don't feel that the emotions my sims get are any more real than in ts3. I think they are too over dramatic! and they bounce all over, and by that I mean they change alot! and it's difficult getting into the right mood for work and stuff. and sometimes there are also lack of emotions. And one last thing; why do I have to have a party everytime someones about to age up? why do they have to get sad over it?!
    - multitasking, although I also like this, sometimes it just goes wrong :P sometimes they have conversations while one is sitting at the dinner table and the other one is sitting at the computer, even though they could have been at the same table. And why do they have to sit all the time? and why can't they sit and eat and just eat, why do they always have to get into conversations or do everything else? And sometimes when they f.ex eat and I tell them that after this you need to pee, they suddenly stop eating and just go for the toilet. although the way they end up standing or sitting while talking is more irritating.
    - small worlds, they could have been bigger, and there shouldn't be loading screens when you go to visit next door(unless that's another part in the neigborhood.
    - NO TODDLERS, toddles are essential to my game play, I play with families, and this baby thing, well I just skip it because it's useless. Toddlers would really improve the game for me.
    - no storyprogression, this would have helped so that people actually could do more than just existing, it's kinda boring, and sort of limits me when I play with my family, they can't have a lot of kids because there's no point in moving them out because nothing will happen!
    - work challenges, there should be more than 1 or 2 work challenges, getting the same ones over and over isn't any fun.
    - when they go to work, why can't I see the needs menu and stuff?

Things I like
    - mulittasking is nice even though there are some issues.
    - building mode is nice
    - CAS
    - I like the camera controlls, how you move in the game, although it took some time getting used to

overall
    I'm not all that excited, even though I'm still in the exploring part, there is alot fo stuff that annoys me a bit, maybe the game will get better when there comes an expansion pack, althugh that's not sure either. what would make it better for my game is the return of toddlers, some kind of generation pack or something.
    edited October 2014
    sorry my reply got messed... removed it

ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I have been a fan of the Sims ever since the first game came out. I have always been impressed with the way the game has developed and been improved upon, not just between each game, but with the add ons and downloads etc. too. The Sims 4 was such a huge disappointment for me.<br />
    <br />
    I'll start with the good points (as this will take the least time):<br />
    <br />
    Multi Tasking:<br />
    The multi tasking is a nice function. It's not a massive benefit to the game and is rarely used but it’s still a nice addition to the Sims play style. I do like the way you can have 3 or more Sims talking in a single conversation too.<br />
    <br />
    Emotions:<br />
    The emotions, again, is a nice feature. Similar to what was already in the Sims 3 but slightly more explored but again a nice addition. However similar things were in place in the Sims 3 and so is not really a big step forward. More a slightly different way of doing what had already been done.<br />
    <br />
    Better Sims creator:<br />
    Yes, slightly. The way you can change the features of your Sim is more fun and a bit more creative but; again, it’s not a huge step up from the Sims 3. It’s slightly easier. But I will admit it is quite fun.<br />
    <br />
    Now to move onto the problems (get ready for the big list):<br />
    <br />
    The map (in my view the biggest problem):<br />
    What the hell is with the map? Seriously! The Sims 3 gave you a huge map that you could mod and change. Add houses, shops, venues etc. You could make your Sims walk, taxi or bike from one side to the other. Where is this in the new one? Why has the map been split into small sections with very limited houses? The motto is "play it your way" but this is so restrictive that I feel I have to play it how the game wants not how I want. Why the map has been split into sections I have no idea? The Sims 2 was similar. Play with your Sim confined to one house but they eliminated this in the Sims 3. Why go back to it? Why make the world smaller?<br />
    <br />
    Loading Screens:<br />
    Really? Loading screens!! Its 2014 why are there loading screens? I can walk across the fictional world of Skyrim (2011) or Los Santos (GTA5), which is based on LA, and not encounter a single loading screen. Why can't my Sim walk next door without a loading screen? This wasn't even in Sims 3 with its bigger map. What the hell?<br />
    <br />
    Better graphics???:<br />
    Yes, slightly. Not a lot. When you look at FIFA 15 (made by EA) the footballers have creases in the t-shirts, the shorts blow in the wind and move with the movement of the footballer. Why do my Sims look like they have Lego hair and are walking in cardboard clothes? It’s pathetic. Especially if you look at the graphics and interactions of games such as Watch Dogs and even Skyrim which is 3 years older. The details on the items are appalling too. The cheap TV is literally a black cube. No detail, nothing to make it look like a TV, just a black box. Where is the passion from your designers? Get Skyrim, walk up to a tree and see the detail of the trunks. They have gone out and scanned tree bark to create the texture of the tree trunks. You have a cube for a TV. Pathetic! And with the technology that’s out now (which you are using on other games).<br />
    <br />
    Limited choices:<br />
    Why are there so many limitations on designs? You can’t change fabric, clothes colours, styles etc. like you could in Sims 3. Why are you limiting us? If I want my Sim to look like he is wearing a tie made of wood and a shirt made of metal I should have this option. I did in the Sims 3. I may find a style I like (although there really aren’t a lot to choose from) and I only seem to have a choice of a couple of colours. Why is this? If I want a red and white striped tie with a blue floral shirt and a brown and grey checked blazer I should be able to change each individual colour and pattern. The Sims 3 gave me this option yet I have to choose from the frankly limited standard colour options available. And it’s the same for items and wallpaper and so on too.<br />
    <br />
    Interaction:<br />
    Why are the interactions between Sims and objects and other Sims so rigid? In FIFA 15 if a footballer runs into another he pushes him over or out the way. Sims walk around each other like there is a 2 foot box around them. I had 2 Sims sitting next to each other on the sofa talking and their arms kept going through each other. Why? I haven't seen such bad interaction since the mid 2000s. The way they move is almost like it's been choreographed, badly, and not a nice free flowing action.<br />
    <br />
    Sudden disappearances of conversation options:<br />
    I’ve noticed that during a conversation some of the topics will appear and disappear. I got my Sim to talk to another and I saw two conversation options I wanted to use. I clicked on the first and got that in my actions queue. I then looked for the second option and it had disappeared. Why? Surely if a dialogue option has appeared it should always be there, not come and go as it pleases. I understand there are a lot of dialogues and so on and some are situation related but why is one there one minute and gone the next?<br />
    <br />
    Ways to really make Sims individual:<br />
    There are so many different people in the world and not just their style. My best friend is 6’1” meanwhile I’m only 5’6” yet if I create us on the Sims we’re the same height. Yes I can make them look fat or muscular but why are all Sims still the same height? Surely this was the next logical step. Ok you can now create a different walking style for each Sim, which I’ll admit isn’t too bad and it does give slightly more individuality to a Sim, but there is so much more they could have done. If you look at games such as Skyrim, Star Trek Online, FIFA 15 and so on there are so many more options for character creation than in a game that is designed for creating characters. I can create a 5’6” footballer in FIFA and put him on a team with another created player whose 6’6” and so on. You are the same companies why has height not even crossed your minds? And there is so much more to have been explored both physically and personality. How about fears and loves? The Sims 2 allowed your Sims to have one thing they hated (beards, blonde hair etc.) and two things they liked. I always thought this was a nice concept that the Sims 3 missed out on and again the Sims 4 has done nothing around. Also why only 3 traits? In the Sims 3 you could choose 5. This gave your Sims a much larger and varied personality. Again surely reducing things like this is a step back? I would say that I, along with all my friends, have many traits, habits, quirks and so on. Why don’t your Sims have things like this? Perhaps allow Sims to have pet hates, likes, quirks, habits etc. all kinds of ways to improve the way Sims interact and behave. Yes well done you have created 6 different walking styles and removed some personality traits, great development there.<br />
    <br />
    Options you have and didn't use:<br />
    I have FIFA 15. I also had 14 & 13. I went onto the EA site and used the website to take a picture of my face and the side of my head. I then mapped this out on the site and it generated a fairly accurate 3D, CGI representation of my face. I have now put this face on a created character on FIFA and it looks like I am in the game. Why have you not added this feature to the Sims? You have had this technology since FIFA 13, if not before. This is the perfect tool for the Sims. Why is this not used?<br />
    <br />
    Money Grabbing:<br />
    Since the Sims 1, swimming pools have been an option on all the base games. Why no pools? You have the option and ability to do it. They’re in the other games and all Sims fans are used to them. Why no pools? My guess is you know people like them and will want them. My guess is that these will be added in a download or expansion pack that people will pay for. And you know people will pay because they were a prominent feature in the other games and were popular. Very clever I'll admit but exploitative.<br />
    <br />
    Game Play:<br />
    Honestly I played the game for around 2-3 hours and I think I had done everything you could do. It became so boring so quickly. The Sims 3 I am playing all these years later yet this new one lasted me a few hours before I was bored. There is nothing to do. No stories to develop. It feels like your creativity has been removed and you are stuck with a linear game instead of something that I can "play my way" to quote your own slogan.<br />
    <br />
    All in all I think this is a terrible game. It's such a huge step back from the Sims 3 it’s not even something you can joke about or brush aside. It's like going back in time and playing the Sims 1 or 2, but with less to do in it and more restrictions. I just want to know what EA and Maxis were thinking of when they decided to release this. Go online and just read the reviews by fans. Most say the same as me.<br />
    <br />
    You need to make some drastic changes to this game as people are simply not playing it and will refuse to buy the add ons and extras. Fans of the Sims are leaving the franchise and many will never buy the extras and if there is ever a Sims 5 people will probably not bother. This game is almost single handedly destroying the Sims franchise.<br />
    <br />
    Such a shame as there was so much potential with this game.

Your comment is very negative :( and again, complainer discovered!
    And I don't think that complaining will help to make the game any better, you hardly even said a single suggestion.

Sorry, but I agree with mostly everything this person said, i play the mentioned games, besides for FIFA... Skyrim, GTA, Watchdogs, I also play Far Cry and Mass Effect which were not mentioned, but also fit this genre. There were many valid suggestions raised with the comment, your comment is negative, in my opinion, have you played anything else besides for sims, and have you played from sims1? The person whose comment you are bashing, clearly has played from sims1 and had a very well versed gaming knowledge, to make a point based on game experience as to what gamers are looking for, for the amount of money they spend on said game.

Just my 5 cents.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    What you liked
    *I like the game in general. I especially like multi-tasking. But I find myself cancelling some actions to do something else and then realise the sim could do it without cancelling the actions. I'm just really impressed with multi-tasking.
    *Also routing is ALOT better.
    *I like how sims don't whine when they can't do something or have low needs.
    *I like how the interaction options keep changing, it's refreshing. But sometimes a little annoying when you saw something you wanted your sim do and click again and the interaction isn't there anymore.

What you didn't like
    Can't even think of anything... Oh, I wish children could play games like in Sims 3. Maybe they can but I just haven't realised it yet.
    *The lack of story progression
    *And maybe it's cause I play on low settings but everything kinda looks pastel. I mean the wallpaper and interior design.

Suggestions?
    *I hope we'll get more emotions with EPs cause they're fun.
    *And I'd like to see games for children
    *And if possible, story progression

Overall thoughts?
    5/5 Good game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • NyboreanNyborean Posts: 1 New Member
    After playing The Sims 4 for a few weeks I can now safely comment. I have played the game since Sims 1 first came out, then moved on to Sims 2 and loved it, but grew bored with the sims lack of personality. I hated Sims 3 though... Here is my review of the Sims 4.

What I liked:

- Emotions / Aspirations
    - Different specialty choice for each aspiration
    - Career Needs
    - Building is easy and fun again
    - Intelligent Sims
    - The ability to change your aspirations but not your personality - just like real life
    - Young adult and adult stages that give you a much longer life
    _ No create a style chaos. There is such a thing as too many choices, it is so much easier to pick colors now.
    - Secret places

- No open world - Yes, you heard me, I hated the open world of The Sims 3 because my computer could not handle all that information at once. It constantly froze up or played really slowly. The Sims 4 load screens help my computer handle all the different lots with ease. The loading screens only take a few seconds (seriously some people have no patience at all). Also, you can explore far and wide on the lot you visit which gives it an open world feeling.

What I did not like:

- The game feels so limited. I honestly expected more variety
    - No aliens
    - No seasons
    - No toddlers (seriously, why?)
    - No cars
    - More places to woohoo, also public woohoo - where are the hot tubs?
    - Not many lots to build on / no neighborhoods
    - NPC Sims have no dress sense
    - Pizza/Maid service extremely buggy
    - Secret places are really cool, but limited in what to do there. Aside from collections, they seem kinda useless.

What I really want in future expansion packs:

- Sci-fi and Supernatural as different expansion packs (I love aliens but hate werewolves)

- Alien abductions. It would be awesome if there were the option to have random UFO sightings and random abductions in certain areas. Also it would be fantastic if a Sim were abducted and never returned, but you then have the option to play in a new alien neighborhood with the abducted sim. A descendant of the abducted sim could then maybe one day find a way back to earth.

- Weather / Seasons (include holidays as a separate stuff pack, not everyone wants them)

- The ability to have life changing events that completely change a sims personality/aspiration. Eg. seeing a UFO and then turning from an outgoing friendly sim to a paranoid and phobic sim, or a really exited one who then spends their life at the observatory.

- Give an option for unplayable ghosts. They can still do stuff and interact, but don't allow them to have jobs. Also, ghosts do not require doors!
    - Sims need fears or phobias

- Attraction traits - Turn ons and turn offs like red hair, or no makeup, or a gardening skill

- What I would REALLY like to see is The Sims Medieval style missions/quests that can be triggered and last for varying lengths such as a day, a year or can be generational eg. Sim finds a map and then spends the rest of his life searching for the hidden treasure in vain, great-grandson finally finds it.

- An adults only expansion pack. Not X rated, obviously, but with more varied adult interactions

- A Gothic expansion pack, or option to build a haunted house and a cemetary. Also the ability to confine ghosts to specific haunted areas.

My conclusion:

Although I am seriously disappointed with the Base Game, I am super exited because there is so much potential for this game.
  • Doons99PDoons99P Posts: 908 Member
    edited October 2014
    What you liked

I like the way it reminds me of the charm of The Sims 1 and 2. There's something about it that takes me back to the fun days of old, but with some nice new surprises.

What you didn't like

I do wish seasons and weather would be included in the game - or at least in the first expansion (any chance of this?). I miss the cars a bit too.

Suggestions?

On world screen there is no title for each neighbourhood eg Foundry Cove, etc.

Overall thoughts?
    Absolutely love it! It's better than The Sims 3 and better than what I was expecting! Thank you :)
  • Blacksun2112Blacksun2112 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2014
    > @ULIBABA66 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Your comment is very negative :( and again, complainer discovered!
    > And I don't think that complaining will help to make the game any better, you hardly even said a single suggestion.

Indeed it's negative as that's my opinion of the game. I'm not writing as fact I am writing to explain some of the problems that I have personally found within the game.

Unfortunately complaining is how things get sorted. If I had put up a comment saying that I loved the game and nothing was wrong with it and everyone else who had put up complaints had done the same then how would the game be improved for the fans? The designers are looking for comments like this to help them develop the game. It's in the best interest of everyone. The fans want to play a game that they know and to be able to enjoy and to have a reason to continue playing the franchise and purchase other expansions. The designers want feed back so they know how to improve the game, take suggestions and create a game that the fans will enjoy and continue purchasing, thus increasing their sales of the game. It's beneficial to both parties.

Most of the add ons and expansions for the last 3 Sims games have been on the ideas of the fans.

I'll admit I may have been a bit strong and there are many aspects of the game that are good but as I say I am a big fan of the Sims franchise and TS3 is one of my all time favourite games and for me TS4 was a huge disappointment. Again just expressing an opinion, sorry it doesn't match yours.

As for suggestions, feel free to re-read, but I have put many in there. For example look at the section titled "Options you have and didn't use". Surprisingly I have suggested some ideas about technology that's being used, by EA, at the moment that could have been put in place. The main idea being that they could have added a function that allowed you to upload 2 pictures of your face and create a 3D representation to place on your Sims like they have done for FIFA. I also suggested about adding more dynamics to the Sims personalities with hates, likes, habits, quirks etc. I suggested that height could have been explored and that the clothes could have had more colour and fashion options as well as moving more freely and for hair to blow in the wind rather than looking like it was glued to their heads.

All in all I'd say I put in quite a few suggestions to try and help out the creators. I will admit maybe my tone wasn't the best but it's hard to get things like that across in writing. I have a huge love for the Sims and I felt that I should put across my opinion to try and help make the game better. There are many other comments on here that have agreed with what I have said and it seems now that they are taking these things on board. They are bringing out pools and all kinds of other things and this is predominantly due to the comments of the fans.

You described me as a complainer, and you are right as I complained. But you'll find that people tend to complain about things they like or care about and want to see improved. That was the reason for my comment. Not to annoy, not to disrespect the creators of TS4 but to bring about another opinion that may help in the long run. No one else seems to have suggested taking pictures of your own face and getting it uploaded onto a Sim. Perhaps the creators will read my post and go "he's right, EA have this technology, lets use it". Then we have a new aspect of the game.

All I did was express an opinion my friend. I respect that you think I was a bit negative (as I was) but at the end of the day it's a way to express yourself to the creators.
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited October 2014
    I know this has probably been mentioned, but I'm really really upset about SP...

Why are only ghost being moved into my vacant houses?

Can we have a graveyard please?

If it's not ghost, it's old single sims...I desperately want families to move in.

Is their a way to make the neighborhoods bigger.

I've been playing TS3 lately because I'm upset with SP.

Nothing seems cohesive, I miss big worlds and how new families moved in or moved away. Progresses in relationships/careers.

Sigh...none of the townies in TS4 have jobs or history.

They're just bopping around town.

Okay rant over.

Post edited by rbridges430 on
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yup! same thing in my neighbourhood , The only families living there are the ones i put there the rest are ghosts and single elders.

The only townies that have jobs are the mixologists but if you move them into your house they are unemployed. Okay i understand that they wouldn't be working in any of the nightspots but at least they could go to work in the rabbit hole that career mixologists use.
    Laugh out loud. Often
    edited October 2014
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Yup! same thing in my neighbourhood , The only families living there are the ones i put there the rest are ghosts and single elders.

The only townies that have jobs are the mixologists but if you move them into your house they are unemployed. Okay i understand that they wouldn't be working in any of the nightspots but at least they could go to work in the rabbit hole that career mixologists use.

Ts3 sp wasn't great, twallans was though. I wish they could implement an sp & master controller where we as the player are truly god and can set jobs, skills, friends, lovers, etc for the townies in our neighbor.

And a randomizer for vacant houses for whether we want a family, roommates, bachelor/rette to move in.

Like why do the townies have zero history!

And the mixologists annoy me. How cone when moved in it doesn't say you are a mixologist same for caterers...why aren't you leveled up in the cooking career.

Where did you get 20grand from!?!?
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I wish I could just turn it off. It's useless anyway.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I wish I could just turn it off. It's useless anyway.

So useless.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited October 2014
    You can't turn off what isn't there. There is no story progression in this game. You have options on ageing/not ageing various groups. You have an option to fill empty houses (which does not work well). Outside of that, it's very much like Sims 2. As in TS2, townies have no history. They were usually already in jobs and had varying amounts of money, and may or may not have skills (unlike TS4). (I thought it hilarious that if you married a uni professor, they came with zero skills and no job). It's not SP. It just is what it is (or isn't).

I loved TS2 and did not like TS3 all that much, so maybe that's why the absence of SP does not bother me. It feels very familiar. I just wish the spawning of townies and filling of houses worked better, and that the dead did not count toward the maximum population. I find myself deleting all my elderly townies before they die, unless they happen to be friends of my Sims.

Edit: I meant to add that I do understand your frustration and I sympathize.
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    The story progression is nonexistent in this game. That's it's biggest downfall for me.

I hope thy fix it / add to it with generations EP.

I don't want it in an EP. It just needs to be fixed period.

I loved playing ts4 but now I'm just getting annoyed by it.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    They will......I dont see how they can let it go when its the one thing that they could fix. People are upset with open world, but if they brought this and family trees back, then they would be a bit happier.
  • VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    I love how smooth Sims4 plays, so far, with no expansions bogging it down.
    I love the pregnant sims body and the fact they don't change into something ugly. :) but it could last a little longer.

I don't love, don't even like ....

1) leveling mixolligy for the cooking career.

2) how long skilling up takes, jeeze my sims are aging up faster than their skills and careers.

3) I can't 'go here with' only travel with? why?

4) getting a good friendship with someone outside of your household is crazy hard too.

I have an issue with bar stools at the counter islands, sims won't clean up the plates from there and if I try to make them they reset and do nothing.