The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Halloween Contest!!! We have a winner!

AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
As I sit here listening to Dio and some old Alice Cooper, I decided to host a contest.

Post pics of your Horror, Goth and Steampunk Sims, Lots or Stories. Post multiple pics - BURY ME IN THEM! >:)

The prize will be a venue of your choice. (It must cost 1900 sp or less. If they screw up the pricing like they have with Le Cinema Plumbob, I can't guarantee I will have enough simpoints, hence my mentioning the 1900 sp limit.)

The deadline is October 31 at noon EST.

Thrill me and chill me! :p

Also, if you would please (and are able), post a link to your wishlist and include the venue on it. This will help me to make sure I get the correct name and will make me a little less paranoid. :#:p
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
Post edited by Anmirla on

Comments

• SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Ooh! I can't wait to see what everyone posts! I'll hustle off to my game to take some pics to share!
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    What do u mean by Horror, Goth, Steampunk Sims ,Lots or Stories? Still kind of new to Sims.Thx
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    What do u mean by Horror, Goth, Steampunk Sims ,Lots or Stories? Still kind of new to Sims.Thx

Any Sims or lots that you have created that would be considered Horror, Goth or Steampunk. I want to see them! I love seeing themed lots with all the decor as well as interesting Sims.

On the Sims 3 exchange, there is a section for Simmers that had taken pics in game and created a story around them to share with others. Probably the best way to submit a story is to post a few of the first pics and a link to the entire story. I have no problems going to another link as long as I'm not bombarded with ads. ;)

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited October 2014
    I love spooky things, too! I'm not entering your contest, but if you'd like to read something I wrote for a contest last year here's a link to The Diary of Mary Belk.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/713370/the-diary-of-mary-belk

Links to the house (haunted & unhaunted) as well as the family are in the text. I look forward to seeing all the spooky, goth & steampunk entries you get!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Ooh Halloween themed!! I'll see what I can get to in my game over the week. :)
    edited October 2014
    Loved the story @Idontrecall! I wish more of the pics would have been available - still a great read. :D

Thanks for posting. It helps to set an example of what could be in the competition.
    edited October 2014
    > @Anmirla said:
    > VioletHorse wrote: »
    >
    > What do u mean by Horror, Goth, Steampunk Sims ,Lots or Stories? Still kind of new to Sims.Thx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Any Sims or lots that you have created that would be considered Horror, Goth or Steampunk. I want to see them! I love seeing themed lots with all the decor as well as interesting Sims.
    >
    > On the Sims 3 exchange, there is a section for Simmers that had taken pics in game and created a story around them to share with others. Probably the best way to submit a story is to post a few of the first pics and a link to the entire story. I have no problems going to another link as long as I'm not bombarded with ads. ;)

so like a horror story or a mystery story? ok I think I get it now. I don't know if I can do it. computer might not let me.do I have to post photos or can I just type some thing up?
    oh another thing is...I would want every thing from the store and all the games but I don't have any sim points and my computer would be super slow XD
    Post edited by VioletHorse on
    so like a horror story or a mystery story? ok I think I get it now. I don't know if I can do it. computer might not let me.do I have to post photos or can I just type some thing up?

You can do something as easy as just creating a Sim or building a lot and posting pics of your creation.
    Stories really need pics of Sims "playing out the story".

Just to let you know (and maybe others reading can help), I am liking your comments to help raise you to "Member" status. I don't know if "New Member" status limits you from posting pics, but it does seem to limit being able to post links. :)

> @Anmirla said:
    >
    >
    > You can do something as easy as just creating a Sim or building a lot and posting pics of your creation.
    > Stories really need pics of Sims "playing out the story".
    >
    > Just to let you know (and maybe others reading can help), I am liking your comments to help raise you to "Member" status. I don't know if "New Member" status limits you from posting pics, but it does seem to limit being able to post links. :)

I did not know that -blushes- (member thingy)
    can u tell me how to post pics?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    > @Anmirla said:<br />
    > VioletHorse wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > You can do something as easy as just creating a Sim or building a lot and posting pics of your creation.<br />
    > Stories really need pics of Sims "playing out the story".<br />
    > <br />
    > Just to let you know (and maybe others reading can help), I am liking your comments to help raise you to "Member" status. I don't know if "New Member" status limits you from posting pics, but it does seem to limit being able to post links. :)<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I did not know that -blushes- (member thingy)<br />
    can u tell me how to post pics?

Hello :) You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can post pictures. This link explains about it

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know-updated/p1

Have fun simming! :)

edited October 2014
    Thank you @rosemow for posting that.
    I haven't played around enough on this forum to post pics yet. I had read in other threads that "new members" couldn't post their wishlists from the TS3 site and wasn't sure if it was an issue posting pics with the tool in the comment header.

I will definitely be sure to like any "new member" posts that may appear in this thread. I hope anyone else reading this will do the same to help their fellow Simmers. o:)
    In the meantime, I encourage any "new members" to still copy and paste the url addy. I should still be able to highlight it, right click on it and select the go to...option.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited October 2014
    I will title this collection of images "Vampires. Vampires? VAMPIRES!":

Screenshot-13_zps0c71ae77.jpg

Screenshot-12_zps4e5b87fe.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpse52f5ac6.jpg

Screenshot-46_zps18fc3176.jpg

Screenshot-2-19_zps02acb730.jpg

Screenshot-3-14_zps8e797159.jpg

Screenshot-18_zpsfa2fc5fd.jpg

Screenshot-8_zps36f2957e.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsc220edf8.jpg

Screenshot-21-2.jpg

Screenshot-40.jpg

Screenshot_zps3cef8b33.jpg

lunapic_133240054752751_6.jpg

lunapic_133240054752751_7.jpg

lunapic_133240054752751_5.jpg

Screenshot-3-4.jpg

Screenshot-2-4.jpg

If chosen as the winner, I would like Grim's Ghastly Manor so I can make even spookier creations! ^,,^

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=okester
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Okester -- I love your Nosferatu & all your vampires! The grave in the ground is devilishly delightful!! <3
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Anmirla - This is a really fun idea for a contest, I love it! :p:blush:

Here's a very ironic and spooky sight perfect for Halloween....

57875feb-2b19-4edb-8748-68a4d0b8437e_zpsf108f5f7.jpg

...the Grim Reaper entering the Haunted House! :o:s Looks like the Sims swinging by there might get more than what they bargained for! >:)

Hope you enjoy and Happy Halloween! ;)
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
    @okester - Just what I wanted to see. Let's see if you have any competition soon! >:)

@brandi22 - Don't you just love the random things that happen in game! :p Love it! <3 Happy Halloween to you!

@Schweighsr and @Rockleyfamily - I can't wait to see what you toss at me! :D
    rats not enough points and posts to put in a pic :\ . I don't think I can post any pics anyway.
    oh does it have to be a venue? what I want I can't find but I will keep looking.
    if I can't post pics,can I just type a story? thx :)
    edited October 2014
    just thought of this, do I to have post the pics from my game? because when I click "create a story" in the "exchange", I get pics from other simmers. can I use them or no? because I don't know how to take pics from my game to the "create a story" any tips??thx :smile:
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I have zilch at the moment but when my game gets itself back in order [thank Delphy for Dashboard and Custard] I will be downloading my Halloween content. ^.^ even if I am working myself on Halloween, hah.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    just thought of this, do I to have post the pics from my game? because when I click "create a story" in the "exchange", I get pics from other simmers. can I use them or no? because I don't know how to take pics from my game to the "create a story" any tips??thx :smile:

When you take pics in game, they can be uploaded from the launcher just like any other content you want to add to the Exchange. Then they should appear in your selection of images in Create-A-Story :)
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
    > @okester said:
    >
    > just thought of this, do I to have post the pics from my game? because when I click "create a story" in the "exchange", I get pics from other simmers. can I use them or no? because I don't know how to take pics from my game to the "create a story" any tips??thx :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > When you take pics in game, they can be uploaded from the launcher just like any other content you want to add to the Exchange. Then they should appear in your selection of images in Create-A-Story :)

ok.thx.now I need to think.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    hmm...this sounds like fun >:) let's see what I can find...are we allowed to use things from our studios?
  • burtnickburtnick Posts: 489 Member
    I'm working on something, but I don't know if it'll be done in time. I've never made a Sims story in all the years I've played, but @idontrcall's story from last year was super cool and now I wanna try this out.
    edited October 2014
    @VioletHorse - To be fair, it should be from your own creation. I think using other Simmer's pics could be considered plagiarism.

@cmbaker16 - Of course you can use things from your studio! You created it, it doesn't matter when you created it. ;)

@FluorescentSoap and @burtnick - Hope to see entries from you! :)

Forgive me if I missed anyone...
    @Anmirla: Alright I'll take a look and see what I have :)
    A Gothic family I made recently...
    358s803.jpg
    A Gothic Manor I built a while back...
    erzx39.jpg
    The sim who lives in it...
    ivwuah.jpg

wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=cmbaker16
    (I need to add the venue I want but I'll do that after I think about it cause there's a couple, so I'll decide and add it to the list if that's ok :) )