Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited October 2014
    Just popped over to MTS to read Shimrod's comment, I guess I'll be keeping his mod for the forseeable. I'm not sure how they've borked a patch fix so badly, thank goodness the mod still works!
    Edit-darn auto correct.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I'm never around during the Guru Chats, please somebody point them to all the images in this thread. It's not fixed, not even close.

@LokiSimsies, I got SGHolms attention yesterday during chat about RNG, and then about reports of things still being broken. I pointed him to this thread and specific talk on RNG, and to the other thread where people were reporting still-brokenness. He acknowledged, so they have the links, at least. Hopefully they will continue looking at new posts to this thread.

He said that they are going to stop having daily chats and just do Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 pacific time, but with more Gurus on hand.

Still on my first cup of coffee, sorry if mildly incoherent.

edited October 2014
    Great Flying Spaghetti Monster! Just read Shimrod's comment on new patch at MTS. Code in new patch does not even address the issue. They removed code instead of rewriting/fixing :s I tried so hard not to be judgmental of whoever at EA worked on this, but this morning, with not enough coffee ... I just want to scream.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    edited October 2014
    Quoting Shimrod for those who don't want to travel.

"The new patch did not fix anything, it did not even address the issue. What they have done is REVERT back to prior to the Oct.1st patch. With that patch they added 3 new Cas Modifier files (6 files actually, 3 XML and 3 DATA, but this is 3 "Modifiers", each requires an XML file and a DATA file).

What they have done now is remove these 3 new modifiers! These three were TeenMale, AdultMale and ElderMale; the entire problem is that these 3 did not jive with the YoungAdultMale file which was in the game from the start, since the CaS Demo; the new ones were written a bit differently.

My recommendation is that anyone using this mod keep using it after this patch, the mod does not need "updating" to "comply" with their "changes"; they have changed these by REMOVING!!!!!!!! one third of these modifiers which our sims need, as opposed to, IDK, writing them correctly and leaving them in the game maybe? I am gravely disappointed.
    "

---

Look - I for one, cannot design, program or code a game; I do not have the skill. So, the people who can do this get my respect, admiration and my money. My money. Mine. Money I could spend on a million other things I have chosen to spend on The Sims 4.

I chose to spend this money, in good faith because I have been delighted to my dainty little toes by The Sims franchise for 16 years now. And yet somehow, in less than a month, you have managed to make me, formerly one of your most ardent supports swear to all that is holy that I will never, ever buy a single thing you produce ever again.

Fix the PLUMMITY PLUM PLUM game already!!!
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I'm never around during the Guru Chats, please somebody point them to all the images in this thread. It's not fixed, not even close.

@LokiSimsies, I got SGHolms attention yesterday during chat about RNG, and then about reports of things still being broken. I pointed him to this thread and specific talk on RNG, and to the other thread where people were reporting still-brokenness. He acknowledged, so they have the links, at least. Hopefully they will continue looking at new posts to this thread.

He said that they are going to stop having daily chats and just do Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 pacific time, but with more Gurus on hand.

Still on my first cup of coffee, sorry if mildly incoherent.

I already asked Joker and he said he would link specifically to my post if he catches them. Reason being is that I used a completely vanilla game in a new Sims 4 folder, it shows that not only was it not fixed but it's worse now because it's spanning all ages and genders. It also shows the clone spawns problem that is being ignored.

As far as the guru chat goes, I'm pretty sure I have mentioned the clones before and was told "Oh, thanks. I will show it to the right people...." and now it's like "Oh? What? Well...that's new...thanks!" Erm....no it's not, myself and I believe some others have mentioned it to you already so let's stop pretending that it's something new.

Anyways, if you catch them (or anybody) please link to my post so they can see the images of the clones. Till they fix the base problem (the broken RNG/randomizer) then any patches they do will fail (in my opinion and that of a few others).

I'm actually pretty annoyed by all of this but I don't believe in bashing online so I'm not going there, besides I have a much more effective way of letting my feelings/thoughts be known and that's called my wallet. Fix this or don't expect me to buy anymore of your products.

I aged up my Sim girls the other day and they all looked like men in drag. I tried to fix them in CAS and they no longer looked like their parents, that ticked me off so much. I did find a work around (take them into CAS the second they become children and then age them up through each stage to see how they look, if they are broken? Delete them and keep randomizing those genetics/aging up till you get a result you can live with....I hate doing that but since I don't play legacies or with rules, I'd rather have Sims that don't look so unlike their parents because of a broken randomizer).
  • SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    I'm glad I checked this thread before getting excited about the patch notes. Back to Dragon Age...
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    Uurrr this is so annoying. I suppose I will be downloading the mod. I haven't played since this was noticed and I really want to x
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »

I chose to spend this money, in good faith because I have been delighted to my dainty little toes by The Sims franchise for 16 years now. And yet somehow, in less than a month, you have managed to make me, formerly one of your most ardent supports swear to all that is holy that I will never, ever buy a single thing you produce ever again.

Fix the PLUMMITY PLUM PLUM game already!!!

This says my feels more eloquently than I could possibly manage this early in the morning.

• SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Their behaviour in regards to this is getting close to making myself want to drop any further products they make as well.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I can hear thousands of hearts shattering into millions of pieces all over the world.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I really have no words. I am keeping Shimrod's mod version 2 in my game. I didn't realize there was a version 2 but I now have that installed and the "forced" patch. Hopefully my game will run. Deleted all cache files as that is recommended before running a new mod and or patch. I won't get to play until later.

I am so disappointed this was not fixed properly. I am feeling kind of down in the dumps about this game. Maybe it would be wise to wait and play it a few months down the road. I don't know. I might go see what Guild Wars 2 is up to these days.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2014
    These issues have always been in the game. Luthien and I were complaining about the randomization of townies back in September about 10 days after release. I am pretty sure it has always been there but that's the date of the first posts I made about it. No one was paying attention back then or were saying they didn't have issues (probably because they didn't play past a single age up cycle.)

@Lok - If I start a new game I get 2-3 "normal" looking townie families on day one after I hit live mode. After the first age up cycle that is when the game starts adding families with two dark skinned women with a male child who is frequently light skinned. Been that way since the beginning.

The problem as I see it is no one payed any attention until pquida noticed and started posting about something that has always been there mistakenly attributing it to a patch. That's what EA heard. They broke something in a patch so they backed out the changes.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I am so disappointed this was not fixed properly. I am feeling kind of down in the dumps about this game. Maybe it would be wise to wait and play it a few months down the road. I don't know. I might go see what Guild Wars 2 is up to these days.

I'm with ya. Thinking maybe I'll just not play for a good long while, give them time to patch all the forty six thousand glitches, bugs and broken things before I bother with it.

• Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    If I start a new game I get 2-3 "normal" looking townie families on day one after I hit live mode. After the first age up cycle that is when the game starts adding families with two dark skinned women with a male child who is frequently light skinned. Been that way since the beginning.

This is a completely separate issue, it has nothing to do with these CaS Modifier files which they wrote incorrectly. Anyone can read through these files themselves and see quite clearly that they do not say "compose this family of two ladies and a lighter skinned kid" or "compose a family", it is a completely different system in the game which is creating those households, i.e. the Story Progression System.

SGGraham explained this best in the time before the release of the game, he said there would be approximately 30 (hahahahaha!) Townies the save game would always have to draw on, to fill those jobs or roles showing up in the park etc. These are the families you're talking about, and the vast majority of them in my game have been as you describe; this is similar to the Immigration system in Sims3 we can say, even though they don't put that name on it. The vast majority of the single sim households showing up are not from this system, they come from that SimFilter system generating new individuals all the time.

I know with 99% certainty, even though I have not seen the specific XML files doing it, that the game is doing some balance out the hood routine. If you have more light-skinned sims in total in a save-game, the game wants to place more dark-skinned sims as a ethnicity balancing act, and does it through this immigration. This also concerns the fact that the game will generate more Elders than it should as single individuals from the SimFilters, because there are relatively fewer Elders in anyone's game than any other age (from teen up anyway). I think I've actually seen these numbers on the Elders in XML somewhere, but wasn't paying attention, and now I've forgotten where it was, lol.

I'm talking here about a similar system to that which was used in Sims3, where the SP had GenderBalance, PopulationDensity, FamilySize, and whatnot to be used for moving inactive sims around from house to house but also for creating new families, and the composition of those families through the immigration system. They have simply weighted this stuff wrong, it says 25% somewhere on Elder, for example, when it should say 10% maybe or 5%.

The balance is definitely off. My poor kid needed to make 5 child friends in order to meet the social butterfly aspiration, but there were only 4 kids between both neighborhoods, and one was already his bestie so that one didn't count. (I imported some families with kids so he could fulfill the goal).
    @Shimrod101 - Thank you for explaining that. I felt that this thread was mixing issues for a long time but gave up arguing the point. I thought the original post was about how aging up caused the eyes and jaw features to actually change. But then everyone started talking about how CAS wasn't randomizing features and also complaining about how townies were clones. I think as you say we are discussing 3 or more different issues in this thread which can also make it difficult for EA to figure out what people are complaining about. They think it is one issue and don't get it is 3 or more issues because it is all being mixed in one thread.
    edited October 2014
    @Shimrod101 - Thank you for explaining that. I felt that this thread was mixing issues for a long time but gave up arguing the point. I thought the original post was about how aging up caused the eyes and jaw features to actually change. But then everyone started talking about how CAS wasn't randomizing features and also complaining about how townies were clones. I think as you say we are discussing 3 or more different issues in this thread which can also make it difficult for EA to figure out what people are complaining about. They think it is one issue and don't get it is 3 or more issues because it is all being mixed in one thread.

I think it's the same issue.

What is being talked about in that post is how households are created. I didn't see anything about the fact that they all have the same eyes, chin, nose, body shape and are exact clones.

Yes, household creation is a separate topic.

However, a broken randomizer is not. It is what is at the root of the aging up problem and can easily be seen in the way townies are spawned via the randomizer is their features. It is also seen when randomizing a child, they all have small eyes. I did it 50 times and every single one had tiny eyes, that's broken.

ETA: I'm done talking about it, I hate wasting my time. As long as the discussion continues to revolve around aging (the symptom) then this will never be fixed. I've found a way to work around this for myself without using mods and I'm not going to keep spinning my wheels over it.
    edited October 2014
    @LokiSimsies - Well, I wasn't clear when I posted that I was specifically addressing this.

Here you go, my game has never created actual families like these before so not sure what changed.

TS42014-10-2118-36-28-21_zps2fc61ab1.png

/edit to add: And I do think that changing features when aging is different than randomizing features in CAS.

@LokiSimsies - Well, I wasn't clear when I posted that I was specifically addressing this.

Here you go, my game has never created actual families like these before so not sure what changed.

TS42014-10-2118-36-28-21_zps2fc61ab1.png

/edit to add: And I do think that changing features when aging is different than randomizing features in CAS.

Ah!!

I see the confusion now.

That was posted because I was trying to be positive. I said "Well this is still broken but hey look! This is fixed!"

I tried to stay positive before I saw that they didn't even change the coding and just removed it, not feeling so positive anymore. My apologies if that image caused any confusion.
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    I don't have the glitch after the last patch.

I have it if I don't delete Shimrod fix mod in my mods folder. Please, delete it before launch the game.
  • SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I guess I may get the mod (thank goodness that's an option). The official failure to address the glitch is killing my enthusiasm for the game, for sure.
  • SimGuruHolmsSimGuruHolms Posts: 257 SimGuru
    Hey Guys,

I wanted to to try to clarify some stuff involving this glitch for you.

1. We are aware that there are still cases where this glitch occurs. The main ones should be when teen males age up to YA's, and when YA's are created using random in CAS. We are actively looking into these existing issues.

2. The latest patch rolled back a change we made in the ghost patch. The ghost patch introduced the problem in all adult ages. We reverted it to base game functionality in the latest patch, which only had the problem in young adult ages.

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hey Guys,

1. We are aware that there are still cases where this glitch occurs. The main ones should be when teen males age up to YA's, and when YA's are created using random in CAS. We are actively looking into these existing issues.

2. The latest patch rolled back a change we made in the ghost patch. The ghost patch introduced the problem in all adult ages. We reverted it to base game functionality in the latest patch, which only had the problem in young adult ages.

Thank you for taking the time to post. We appreciate that it is being worked on! :)

I hope it gets sorted out soon.
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the information. I guess before the ghost patch we were all so busy playing, we didn't notice the problem with YAs. Or it could be that many of us started with YAs, and didn't have any children age to YA before the Oct. 1 patch. Anyway, thanks for keeping us posted. Silence is ... well, keeping us informed is much better than silence.
    I wonder what Alexander Goth really looks like when aged to young adult...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top