Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I find that I am really enjoying my gameplay time with the Sims 4! I wasn't sure about liking it a whole lot without the content I'm use to having in the Sims 3- like cars, pools, customizing colors, etc., but the new CAS and smooth game play helps a lot. I would still love to see an open world with restaurants and other businesses. A larger world map would be nice too. Especially now that I am addicted to the new building features for residential and community lots. I love it! I just don't have enough space to place new new homes and community lots. I also like the gallery. We need a bigger world for the gallery. Please expand the worlds.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I know this has been mentioned before but it can't hurt to bring up again. For careers, I want the work tones to be meaningful. If my sim is socializing with co-workers I want it to actually affect their relationships with people in the same career like it does in sims 3, not simply raise my social skill. The socialize tones for work and school are essentially useless as my sims rarely need their social bars filled but they would be very useful if they could actually build relationships.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    melbrewer367melbrewer367 Posts: 8 New Member
    What you liked
    -The graphics look great. The colors are nice. (I have a pretty high gpu and have everything on the highest setting) The shadows look nice and the rounded objects are nicely rounded.
    -Like the new push and pull features of CAS but feel it's a little clumsy and hard to get a hold of in some areas and takes quite a while to get used to.
    -Emotion based actions like paint a confidence painting or write a book about exercising.
    -Collections for frogs/fish/etc.
    -Community lots seem to be fuller and not just with townies randomly wandering aimlessly they're participating and coming and going.
    -Ability to change foundation height with a slider
    -Really happy that all of the clothes work for maternity now
    -The three different floor heights are neat

What you didn't like
    -I hate how the map is just white 3d blobs until you mouse over the subsection.
    -Some of the really nice looking items, especially beds/bedside tables look like they have knicks and cuts in them. If we're not going to have CAST and be able to change the colors of these items please at least provide a none knicked up version that isn't the most expensive item. This goes for doors/windows as well. Why do so many of them look like they have knicks/dents in them?
    -You can only have a tattoo on sims you design unless you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to add one. We need another way to get tattoos for our born in game sims that age up and we want to give them one.
    -Don't like that space only items are included in collections. Why in the world would my "gardening only never had a job because she makes all her money from her harvestables" sim become an astronaut just so she could get the UFO plant to complete the plant collection, oh but she has plantains which aren't on the collections list. You can't even by the UFO plant from debug like you can the space rocks and other items.
    -Not being able to see my sims needs/inventory/etc. while they are at work.
    -Windows and door feel like incomplete sets. For instance, there is a very traditional window that takes up most of one story and is two tiles wide and has a very large frame around it and between the two glass pieces and there is a three tile version as well, but not a one tile version. There's also no proper sliding glass door or solid glass or even paned glass double door like you would have leading out onto a deck. It's hard to find doors with the same style as the windows you've chosen.
    -The loss of CAST is heartbreaking and mixed with the loss of open world is almost enough to make me just walk away from the whole thing. CAST was amazing and really let me get in there and truly customize everything to my liking without having to spend hours designing outside of the game like I'm doing now creating proper walls and clothing colors. I feel like I've lost all of my freedoms I have previously grown accustomed to and I'm now playing the game of someone else. Why in the world anyone who would have ever thought removing CAST was a good idea is beyond me. Now the cc creators have to do even more work then before. Instead of just creating one new shirt for us, they now have to create one new shirt and 10 different colors. It's not fair that you pushed your work off onto the community basically. A lot of us have been invested in this game since the very beginning and literally spent hundreds of dollars to continue playing and the least you can do is making something so stupid simple as changing the color of a shirt or wall or even a couch easier for us.
    -The loss of open world and story progression is killing me. You basically just forgot Sims 3 ever existed and remade 1 and 2 with shiny new graphics. As I said in the world post, a world where sims age and die without ever building skills, getting a career, being promoted, falling in love, getting married, and having kids...is not a world at all. Not every sim has to get married or get promoted, but none of them moving up in life? That's not okay. The inability to move from one place to the next without a load screen has turned my sims into hermits who make everyone come to their house instead.
    -Babies being an object tied to their crib, toddlers gone, and teenagers the same size as YA/A is really just terrible. You should be able to carry babies around, rock them in a chair, sit down while feeding/breastfeeding, etc. Going from baby to toddler is disturbing, shortens the lifespan, and really ruins our stories. Besides, toddlers were cute and if someone didn't like toddlers they could just age them up. Children are still children, thank goodness, but their inability to learn skills or retain the very few that they can learn sucks. We need as much time as possible before becoming a YA to build up skills so that we can be successful, especially in the short and normal lifespans. Teens looking the same as YA/A is proving problematic as we can no longer tell how old people are as the walk down the sidewalk and have to waste time interacting with others just to find out they're an adult and then move on to the next person in search of a teen. They need to be shrunk back down a bit, have a different set of clothes, something. Preferably both of those options. I don't particularly like it when I see elderly women walking around in crop tops. With the loss of toddlers and the teens matching YA/A we now only have 4 life stages, one of which is technically unplayable. It's not accurate of life at all. It should be babies, toddlers, children, teens, ya, adult, elder. That's the simplest but still accurate representation of a real life lifespan.
    -I don't feel like I've had a huge loss with the lack of swimming pools but how can you always have perfect weather and not have pools (and the only reason I won't bother to elaborate on missing weather is because it has always come as an expansion even though it should be base game, same with pets).
    -The lack of dishwashers, trash compactors, laundry washer/dryer (which he had just finally got is now gone already)
    -Where the crap did family trees go? I know you can still see in the relationship panel how you're related to someone like (cousin, sister, etc.) but how am I supposed to keep track of my legacy after 2 or 3 generations?
    -Have to turn off the tutorial via origin.
    -Screenshots are out of order when you go to the memories. Makes it really hard to care about putting the memories in there.
    -No basements, not even a way to trick it into letting you have a basement since we don't have terrain tools...and the lack of terrain tools in general.

Suggestions?
    -Have the map colored at all times.
    -Add a tattoo chair for born in game sims to be able to get a tattoo without a cheat code.
    -Improve the room building. If you don't create the outline of a room just right and you paint the whole room at once you end up painting the backside of that room or a wall that is actually inside of a different room. It needs to better understand what makes a room and not just where you originally plopped down a square and stretched from there.
    -Emotions are nice but limited and lacking without being intervention from me. Needs to recognize better what's happening and react accordingly. For instance, had a sim with kids living with grandparents. Moved the parent out and now the grandparents are caring for the kids. the kids are never sad, they never feel lonely, they never miss their parents, etc. Another example, in S3 whenever someone would go into labor everyone else in the house would freak out and come to them and they'd go off to the hospital. Now, nobody is interested. Every now and then the other parent will have a "pre-parental freakout" or whatever it's called but no one else cares. All of my pregnant sims have had their babies unaccompanied by anyone else except 1. I'm sure more emotions are already in the works for future expansion but some other emotion suggestions would be: Grumpy (you can be grumpy without being angry, like when you wake up in the morning and just don't feel like dealing with anyone), Jealous, Afraid/Scared (alone at night, in a dark room, in a club, etc.), Lonely (your social can get low and make you want to talk to people but an actual lonely emotion could make them actually react to that low social), etc.
    -More careers!! Also bring back the interactive careers like hair stylist, home designer, etc.
    -Need a better way of selling items in personal inventory. The pop up, Are you sure you want to sell? Between every single thing is time consuming and annoying. Maybe just add a "Sell All Items in Inventory" function.
    -Bring back moveobjects on! Shouldn't have to download a mod for this!
    -Need more/more efficient NPC's. The maid hardly shows up, they talk too much when they do. We need a gardener to help us with our gardens that have harvestables. I would even like to see the flowers and things from earlier versions that had to be cared for rather than these perfect flowers that are always perfect like we have now. We need police/fire fighters/newspaper delivery/mailmen/burglars/etc. Along with that we need to bring back hospitals/schools/fire stations/city hall/etc.
    -One of the couches that is the most common shaped in the world (or at least in america) has to be unlocked through a career in the game. The hipster couch looks like a fairly normal couch I've seen in my own home growing up and in the home of almost every one I've ever visited. The others are too modern or too fancy.
    -More trait options and the ability to add more traits upon creation. Also, the ability to add skills in CAS. If I create an elder why would they have no skills? You would assume an elder has learned something by the time they reach that age. Maybe do it kind of like how traits used to be in 2 where you had a certain amount of "points" to use for their traits but instead have a certain amount of "points" to spend on skills.
    -Need more interactive recreational type items like the basketball goal, football, baseball, soccer, etc. Kids and teens have nothing to do these days.
    -Make it so that once they sit down to eat they don't get up again until their done. There's no reason for them to get up and switch chairs at the same table while they're eating.
    -Microphone for singing, not just comedy. If they can be a virtuoso and learn piano, guitar, and violin, why can't we have singers?
    -Why does everyone automatically have a cell phone? We should go back to buying them. My child sims who can barely do anything as it is don't need a cell phone. Make it so we can click something other than the cell phone first and pop out to the map and choose where to go so they don't need them.
    -Allow us to add and change the height of foundations per building, not per floor. If I want to build a garage or shed type building I have to trick it and use a roof and make it rounded or just have a foundation. Annoying.
    -Bring back the ability to move sims out of a house through the computer rather than having to go out to Household Management and move them into a different family and then move them into a house.
    -Speed up gardening or give us a gardener to hire to help us.
    -A lot of interactions in general seem to take too long like cooking for instance.
    -Bring back door bells. It's really easy to miss the knock on the door.
    -Multitasking needs to be improved. They're not really multitasking. They're doing something, stopping and doing something else, then going back. Even just talking to someone while cooking, they're stirring, then they stop stirring and talk, then go back to stirring. Multitasking would occur if they kept stirring while talking. Otherwise, it's just making things take longer.
    -Bring back maternity leave or at least make it an option, like they can call work and put in for maternity leave.
    -Bring back more woohoo locations like the shower/tub.
    -Let us place windows/doors starting in the middle of a tile.
    -Wild harvestable plants should be growing at all times without me having to travel there first. My sim had to live as a hobo in a park in Oasis Springs for a few days just so she could take a cutting, not even harvest, just take a cutting of some plants that I could only find there.

Overall thoughts?
    Overall it feels very lacking. More like a beta. It feels like we went one step forward and two steps back. It feels like The Sims 3 was completely disregarded when considering what to do with 4. It feels like 1 and 2 with a fresh coat of paint basically. Rather than fix and improve the team went, "Meh, let's just scrap all that crap and go back to the beginning." Even with the cut in so many features community modders are left fixing the "new" game. Yes, with 2 and 3 and now 4 we're basically buying the same game again and again, but that's because it's a life simulator and they're always going to be "the same", but at least with two and three we got new features beyond just improved graphics. We had added functionality, added customization, added careers, locations, travel, worlds, etc. What new thing did we get with this game though? There's nothing new. Loading screens are not new. Unplayable areas are not new (though they are used to a new extreme in this game). Foundations are not new. Fountains are not new. Community lots are not new. Gardening, fishing, painting, these are not new. Before, when you were selling me the same game I had already bought and have now been buying and playing for 14 years, since the very first sims just weeks after my 12th birthday, at least you were always adding/upgrading my experience. You kept it fresh and interesting, even when you kept refusing to add things to the base game that pretty much the entire community feels are base game things like weather and pets. At least when you did bring out those expansions you expanded upon them as well. We got pets in a Sims 1 expansion. Then in an expansion for 2 we got pets again but you improved them, added functionality, and made me care about them. Then in 3 you made them even more customizable, made me care about them even more, and added horses. So even with the expansion packs, even though we get the same thing over and over, it always gets better and puts us deeper into the game. This version, has not done that. It's nice. I'll play it when I have free time. But until there are serious improvements in the follow ups I will not be able to get as fully immersed as I did with previous versions and I hope to again one day.
  • Options
    AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    So far I like Sims 4 though I’ve only played one Sim day. I feel like I’m abandoning my Sims 3 simmies but this new game is perking my interest, and so far, it’s been hilariously fun. Here’s my opinion of the Sims 4.

1) Like the idea that there are no cheats (can’t find any so far). This forces you to make your Sim live within their means. See if you can create comfort for your Sim and still stay within a budget. Never thought I could build a home in an upscale neighborhood under 20,000 Simoleons. Don’t worry. Sims are not judgmental. They will not point and laugh at your home. Only your friends will do that.

2) Building is somewhat easier. Build mode has a powerful Filter tool and Build Catalog that helps you search for objects faster. Don’t forget the smoke alarm. In the main menu if you select Manage World, you can even modify venues. Terrain paint is FREE. Try painting a stone patio if you can’t afford a deck. While playing around trying to make a roof, I ended up creating a very unique, and somewhat strange, roof design. By making it easier to build this will help stir our imaginations.

3) Sims having emotions is a challenge to play with, especially getting them in the right emotion so they can excel in their careers and skills. And if you like surprises like I do, as Sims progress through careers, they unlock certain objects related to their field. It’s amazing to watch their emotions go from happy to energized to playful to uncomfortable to embarrassed. If your Sim is going to try to flirt, make sure he or she takes a shower after working out. Sims have free will, so sometimes just let your Sims do whatever they want. It’s hilarious to watch, and if they do anything that is harmful to their health, you can always reload. Found out showers affect emotions. That’s cool.

4) EA must have done their homework and tested the Sims 4 on a variety of CPUs, including laptops. I’m experimenting with the Game Options to see if my laptop can handle the Medium setting instead of Low. At Medium, the water looks real. If you’re having problems in the game, try changing the game options to a lower setting. When I play the game later, I’m going to set everything to High just to see what the game looks like, and if there is any noticeable difference between the medium and high settings. And hope this is not a strain on my computer’s brain.

5) The Aging feature is nice also. You can choose to only have the household you’re playing age. Households in the game will not age if you change the Game Options under the Game Play section. Now I can play the game-generated Sims before they age up, and interact with the Sim I created.

6) Sims can search for frogs & breed them (I love frogs). Wow!

7) The Gallery replaced the library in the Sims 3. I like being able to comment and download a Lot or a Sim without quitting the game. But sometimes I’ve found when I lose internet connection, the Gallery does not show any creations.

8) You have the option to change the camera controls. Toggle to The Sims 3 Legacy Cam by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Tab. Or select your camera control choice from the options menu.

The only complaint I have, so far, is the price which is way too expensive considering it’s just a base game. New technology is always going to be more expensive at first. This game has better graphics, amazing animations, and an environment that teleports me into a beautiful world that I wish was real. To all the creative people that EA is lucky to have working for them, all I have to say is WELL DONE.
  • Options
    > @AnotherSimNut said:
    > 1) Like the idea that there are no cheats (can’t find any so far). This forces you to make your Sim live within their means. See if you can create comfort for your Sim and still stay within a budget. Never thought I could build a home in an upscale neighborhood under 20,000 Simoleons. Don’t worry. Sims are not judgmental. They will not point and laugh at your home. Only your friends will do that.

I'm just going to leave this here. www dot reddit dot com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index
  • Options
    Hi melbrewer367: I checked out the site you mentioned (replacing the word dot with a "." and see there are cheats. Wonder if you can still use the Ctrl Shift C to enter the cheat window for the Sims 4. Thanks but this time around I'm going to see if I can play a Sim without cheating.
  • Options
    > @AnotherSimNut said:
    > Hi melbrewer367: I checked out the site you mentioned (replacing the word dot with a "." and see there are cheats. Wonder if you can still use the Ctrl Shift C to enter the cheat window for the Sims 4. Thanks but this time around I'm going to see if I can play a Sim without cheating.

Yep, and you do still just do Ctrl Shift C. And good luck on your cheat free! I started out like that but need a little help here and there with my family of 8!
  • Options
    lounsbuplounsbup Posts: 15 New Member
    I play sims everyday. When sims4 was advertised I didn't hesitate. I really like the CAS demo and was able to create my new sim and did figure out on how to transfer him into sims4. When I finally got sims4 loaded and saw the changes in the interface I was upset. After playing for a short period of time I cut bait and decided to wait until the developers give this game a real going over before I give it another minute. I really like sims3 as it is a simulation. The best way to say how disappointed I am is to say it like this... overall on how this game is played, Sims4 is not a simulation. For a sim to get up before work, get ready for work and then after a few steps outside disappear is a step backwards. A forward step would have been for my sim to leave the house for work, get into the car and while driving, get a flat tire or run out of gas. As I stated in the beginning, I play sims everyday. I guess it will be sims3 for now.
  • Options
    ginnypinnyginnypinny Posts: 15 New Member
    It's a complete let down compared to Sims 3.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Steam punk world with Victorian mansions, Jack-the-Ripper, and Queen Victoria glaring from her perch in the gas lit Globe Theatre.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't think we have pure white hair in the game. That would be nice.

I think I asked before, but since we have no way of choosing our own colors, I wish they would put pleanty of choices with all clothes, stuff, ect. Tan, white, and black should always be there. Those 3 plus pink and lt. blue for women. Hard to get things the way you want them when there are not enough colors.

S3 is where I started and I ab love that game, but I think that sandbox play may be more to how I'd like to play. It would be nice to have options available to use for those who would like to use them. Say for those who don't want to use all the socials to get friendship/ and romance, there could be "fast track this friendship" interaction that upon completion could make the friend bar go up nearly all the way and a "Let's get frisky, already" interaction to jump straight to a full or nearly full romance bar. I think the way to offer to those upset about no sandbox is to offer more options. Jobs that have no aspirations ect. The sim goes to work and gets a check with no skills to up or anything. EX. I really want those teen jobs open such as factory worker, fast food worker, and telephone operator or ect. would be nice. I think with a little creative thinking and some options that can be used by whoever wants to use them to play sandbox would make a huge difference. I can't make the house I want when content is locked and I have to perform a certain job to unlock it. I think it should be in game options to unlock the content and the reward stuff instead of using any cheats. That way, people who like role playing can do it and those who want sandbox can do it as well.

I know EA likes to surprise everyone, but it would be nice to have 3 EP choices on the front page for everyone to vote on and then to have a section for everyone to put in what they would like to see in this winning EP. Later, that stuff could be erased and that could become the home of that EP. There would be less fussing and simmers would feel that they had more imput. People find out anyway and this way, EA could get valuable imput as to what simmers would like and maybe give enough options to satisfy even those who oppose each other.

In the future, Toddler/Adolescent Generations EP and for Pets, Farm Animals/Equipment, Mystical Animal(be neat for dragons, Unicorns, ect. , and Safari Animals(zoo or Africa ect.) to be in separate EPs that are very fleshed out. My camping EP I've been begging for in the Ideas for years.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2014
    At first it was hard to get used to the new world setup, but once I figured out where my boundaries were in each neighborhood, I decided I like this kind of open world. I don't jump around from lot to lot a lot, but I do like exploring for collectibles and meeting new Sims, and this works for me. The whole world does seem smaller, but I like that you can hop from the suburban area to the desert, and I can see where the new neighborhoods will branch out. I thought the previous world sizes were a bit overwhelming as new destinations were added.

We do need a few more residential neighborhoods or cul-de-sacs, and I have to say, all these neighborhoods have their own unique charm that I just love. The high-end streets have the gates and shrubbery, like they have some sweet homeowners' association keeping it nice. And you can see the 'hood style changes as you get into the lower end. I could not dream that up myself, and as much as I love the detail, I'm glad someone else did all the work.. this game is very well put together. It's very freeing to not have to select every detail to customize my game. I'm really enjoying the gameplay more, which is also much better developed than ever before. The social multi-tasking is a huge relief for me.

I can't wait for weather, toddlers, pets, spiral stairs, and oh... could you bring back the College Rock station from TS2? I loved those songs so much, I made my own disc for the car. Yeah! ps I love the retro TS1 station we have now.

Maybe sometime in the future we can make easy split-levels? I want to make sunken rooms or homes with foundations AND garages. For the cars.

I want to believe that the ferry will one day be usable, and the trolley that rolls through town, and the sailboats? The more I play, the more the scenery comes together and I wonder how consistent that is going to stay when the expansions come out. More went into this than initially meets the eye, it took planning, I can just tell!
  • Options
    QueenB3502QueenB3502 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2014
    So here's my thoughts on TS4;

Pros:
    -Multitasking... should have been done sooner but is amazing, especially talking while cooking.
    -Multiple conversations at once
    -Different moods and how they effect daily life... Gotta love your sim slamming the fridge or wanting to hide from the world lol.
    -Pregnancy 3 trimesters, taking prego test on the potty it's just so cute.
    -Sprinkler system for those nasty fires
    -The "upgraded" maid
    -Some of the tools that help you build and design your home(s)
    -The mini goals for life and job are pretty neat even for teens and being able to change your "main life goal" once completed
    -I haven't played with the fountain too much but I like that you can really customize it.
    -How smooth it runs on my laptop vs TS3... season's really lagged it all =(

Cons:
    I know it's been beaten to death and that it will eventually come but I do have to say I miss the pools but I see why it's not there yet and I am hoping it turns out really awesome.
    - Oh the toddlers, I am very sad about this BUT if you fix the babies so that they are not just objects and make some type of learning for them and make them "playable" I'd totally be okay with out toddlers.
    -On the baby subject... "breastfeeding" Yes it IS great to have that option but I don't know any women who stand to breast feed and if you do then KUDOS for real... really need that rocking chair back js.
    -Cars.. I see why they are not there because of the neighborhoods but I feel like I need to buy a car to be "complete"
    -Neighborhoods I like the concept but not the reality of them. I don't mind the loading screens but it's really annoying to have such a small confined area to not be able to explore the whole block with out loading screen after loading screen like if your looking for random people at the "juice bar" then the "gym"
    -It just seems to easy. The reality of most of the things are great but it just seems easier than TS3 and I feel I need a little challenge to keep me interested.
    -I feel the teen romance could have more depth to it (I know new update -ability to write love letters now)
    - THE CAMERA.... Please fix, seriously though...

Summing up everything to that I am very happy that it's better than I thought it was going to be
    Just miss other customization's that were left out such as the color wheel and ability to change hair and clothing to whatever color I want

Thanks everyone that worked on it and I hope the upcoming expansions work very nicely with it all. <3 Can't wait to see what you come up with!

**Edit- I do hear a lot of complaints about the sims not having enough time in the day to do family activities and such but I think that it is wonderful and more realistic, of course your going to eat at least twice a day and if you work a 9-5 job you come home, cook, say hi to your family while then getting ready to start the day again till your next day off. I love that it's more geared toward realism and I hope it stays that way.**
  • Options
    bgardner104bgardner104 Posts: 2 New Member
    hey when are you guy going to add back locking on doors to a sim or sims/household( so I can keep some sims out of some rooms) and or assigning a bed or half of a bed to a specific sim
  • Options
    bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey gurus. The small-eyes wide-chin issue still exists even after the latest patch. It occurs when I try to use the 'Play with Generics' feature to create a twin of my adult male sim. I'm currently working around the problem by saving my household first, then merging it back so a true "twin" is created in the process.

All male adult sims produced by the randomizer have the issue too.
    Post edited by bludhound on
  • Options
    Caitygirl999Caitygirl999 Posts: 6 New Member
    What you liked: I love the new emotions. They can get frustrating at times, like when your Sim gets mad because he/she has the hotheaded trait (but that makes it more fun). I really like the graphics and the create a Sim. I like all the new stuff in the buy/build mode. I really like all the new options for child's stuff. The other thing that I like is how smoothly the game flows...there have been not long loading pages (for me at least) and not lagging like in The Sims 3.

What you didn't like: I miss toddlers, but I am sure that they will be coming in a later expansion pack (hopefully). I don't like that the world is not an open one. I would be more happy with the idea that you had to travel everywhere if there were more places to travel. After a while of playing I found it boring to go to the same places over and over. Again I am sure (hopefully) that new community lots will be added in the expansion packs.

Suggestions: Everything that I would suggest will probably come in expansion packs, but some of that would include more places to travel to, toddlers, more job options, ect.

Overall Thoughts: Overall I really have been enjoying this game. It gets a bit tedious if you only play with one Sim (which is how I played quite frequently in Sims3), but if you have a whole family it is extra fun. I find myself playing The Sims4 just as much as I play The Sims3.
  • Options
    Saoul91Saoul91 Posts: 1 New Member
    If there's one small thing I would love to see changed, it would be that the music doesn't speed up when time speeds up - I would also like to hear the music over a much larger range rather than in the immediate surrounding area of the stereo. I love having a tune to listen to whilst playing games and having the option to do so in-game is brilliant but I do prefer the stereo/music operation from Bustin' out
  • Options
    Morgarth1989Morgarth1989 Posts: 1 New Member
    My issue is the same as everyone else. :(
    1. no cars, garage, or driving where you want to go.
    2. no toddlers and you have to age up kids yourself.
    3. when I want to see my neighbors the loading screen pops up which is quite annoying, its right next door! (Come On!)
    4. No movie theater, bookstore, medical building, science building, school buildings. ect...
    5. No more investing in a company and getting a share of the money.
    6. I want the option to choose to go to work, instead of them just going by themselves...sometimes I like to miss work purposely (lol).
    7. The lots are mainly on the small side, can't adjust the lot size I prefer.
    8. Not many places to go or hang out at, nothing to really do in town, the towns are incredibly small.
    9. No more customizing your entire town to how you want it to look or decorate it how you please.

There are many issues with the sims 4, but it is still a really fun game to play. I have been playing since 2001 and a huge fan of the series. I do really love how the sims look this time around, the customization is kind of difficult and frustrating but still love this game and play it just as much as any other sims game out there! LOVE IT! :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes please add a movie theater lot to the sims 4. Also I don't know if pool lots are coming with pools but if they arn't please add them. I want pool lots like we had in TS3.
  • Options
    SamInSimsSamInSims Posts: 60 Member
    I liked how you added in ghosts, their are very cool emotions and Sims are very smart.
    However I disliked how there were no toddlers and no pools
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2014
    I want an option to turn off the annoying fading of objects and sims. It destroyes the immersion.
    Facepaint available in formal, please. Some cc are added to the facepaint section and I'd love to be able to use it for formal.
    Can we have a cheat to add more traits? I want at least 5 for each sim.

I love the way some actions are only available if sims are feeling a certain way - for instance the exercise actions while energized. More of that!

I made a sim a comedian, and it's hilarious how he can make jokes while chatting in the nightclub and the other sims are laughing and clapping. Really enjoy that.
    But the sims don't really interact at all when he is doing a comedy routine on the mic. It would be great if sims would react in a similar way to the comedy routine. Now they just ignore him and keep digging the music instead. Maybe they could multitask and when he is done the sims clap and laugh?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Dislike: Children can babysit babies, but can't take care of their needs.

For example: My sims have a baby and a child.Both parents work and the child goes to school.While the three are away, the baby goes to daycare.The parents work until 7.The child comes home at 3.When the kid gets home, the baby returns from daycare.Within a few hours, the baby is hungry and stinky.And the child can not feed nor change him.I get messages saying the social worker is gonna come take baby unless I feed it.And the only way to do so is to send a parent home early and lose pay.

The solution to that would be to have one parent be a stay-at-home parent, but on the other hand....it seems kind of obvious that the best way to handle this is to age the baby up right away...which is kind of a cheat, if you ask me.

I don't know why my post didn't post.Anyways, as for aging up the baby, I thought of that, but I think its kind of cheating too and I like to play realistically.And a baby doesn't grow in just one day lol.As for keeping one parent at home, my sims are poor and need all the money they can get.Especially with how often everything breaks, even with the handiness skills and upgraded items, they still break on me.So sims need both parents working.I just think its really dumb, if kids can't take care of the baby, then they shouldn't be able to babysit.

I just think its really dumb how they did this.

As for another con- I really hate that we can not lock doors.I'm tired of guests and family members following one sim to the bathroom to have a conversation with her, and causes her to be embarrassed from invasion of privacy...What was the point of not adding locked doors.

Pros for me: Multi-tasking. I really like that they can eat and drink at the same time.
    All the recipes- really like some of the recipes.Plenty to choose from.
    Loading screens- I for one like the closed world, it runs well on my laptop.
    Laptop mode- Thank you for adding this!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2014
    My issue is the same as everyone else. :( <br />
    6. I want the option to choose to go to work, instead of them just going by themselves...sometimes I like to miss work purposely (lol).
    /quote]

You can just cancel the action.And if you decide you want to send them later in the day, just click the work button, then click the little image next to their title.
  • Options
    DawnSeekerDawnSeeker Posts: 44 Member
    I am loving sims 4. I've only had it a little less than a week now. My 10 yr. old son has a house he plays and I got a house I play. we both love the game. he loves the building rockets and blasts to space everytime he plays. He also likes the new Costumes. Star wars characters that's his family only. my characters are my dad younger than he is now and me as a kid. Its been fun playing that household. I haven't tried out the "get a penpal" yet but going to soon. I think thats a neat concept. You get to save postcards pictures from Sims 3. I really like how I can make objects bigger. I got a giant plane in my front yard. Like my sim has his own private plane. I like how you can click on their need they got to have NOW and they just go. don't have to click on toilet or bed etc. I do hope there will be expansion packs to make game more fun with more designs/colors for objects, clothes, paints and more. I am excited about geting pools next month. I miss them.
  • Options
    Sul Sul (think I’m saying Hello). It’s Day Two in Willow Creek for my Harry (no, not Potter) Simdini. It seems all he has time for is to eat, wash and sleep, then off to work again. Arrgh! Too much like real life. Fulfill as many Whims as you can so your Sim can have energy to play. Potions are helpful to restore Energy. Found out when you purchase a Reward, it’s placed in your inventory. Then it’s up to you to get your Sim to drink it. He’s made two friends, and one of them is Bella Goth. They both have something in common – their careers. Time flies when you’re socializing with Bella. Every time she comes over, I don’t have the heart to make Harry shoo her away. I have a question for everyone. My Sim has a dining room. It’s just the bare minimum – two chairs and a table – until he can afford better. Why does Bella head for Harry’s bedroom and eat her meal sitting on his bed? She couldn’t be giving him a message now, could she? I know Bella is romantic but she’s also good and is married with children. Only if Harry sits at his dining room table first, then Bella will join him. I’m guessing Bella does this because she’s used to comfort, and the bed is more comfortable than the chairs. I don’t want to use cheats yet. Poor Harry. He has the most uncomfortable furniture and appliances right now. The only appliance that is expensive is his coffeemaker but he takes forever to drink the coffee to get energized. And I’ve noticed he will just stand there holding two cups of coffee until I tell him to drink.

I’ve been experimenting with the Options Settings. When the game installed, all the settings were set on Low. I changed all the settings, even aging so only the household I’m playing ages. I hope I did it right. To enable, you check the box. To disable, you uncheck the box. Hope that’s correct. I’ll find out if I did it incorrectly when the households I’m not playing start to age. On High, the environment is breathtaking. The detail is incredible. Besides butterflies and bees, the game designers gave us dragonflies. When night fell, all the creatures of the night (no vampires yet), frogs, crickets, and even moths attracted to the streetlights, came out. To get a closer look, I zoomed in and actually swatted my monitor thinking a bug was on it. On the High settings, everything looks so much more brilliant. I can see out windows, water in the pond looks real, and the detail of Sims is amazing. Where is this world? I want to live there. Looks like my computer can handle the High Settings but you could fry an egg on the left side of my laptop, that’s how hot it was getting. Later when I go into the game, I’m going to try the Medium Settings and see if the detail of the environment has changed much. There also seems a problem with the Origin servers. I had to play Offline, and could not take a peek at the Gallery last night. In a few hours I’ll go see what Harry is up to and let everyone know if the Medium Settings are any different. Now to go put out some water for the Woofum on my lawn.