Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever copy a favorite house into another game?

mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims (2000)
There was an EA house I played in when I first got Seasons for Sims 3. The house
was in Riverview and my Sim couple raised their 4 children there. It was a plain
house by some standards, but I liked it, especially when decorated for the holidays.
Yesterday I rebuilt the house in the Sims 2, can't wait to move my family in.

Here's the Sims 3 version
Screenshot-41_zps1a2cb2f4.jpg
Screenshot-633Housedecoratedfortheholiday_zps617d14c8.jpg

Here's the Sims 2 version
snapshot_00000007_010dffe2_zps05983c87.jpg

Anyone ever transfer a house to another game? :)

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't say that *I* copied a house, because I just downloaded the TS2 version of the Goth house that was remade for The Sims 3. One of the users in the community made it. I placed one in my Sunset Valley neighborhood, but I never really moved into it because my sims were already living in the Alto house at the time, which was WAY bigger.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I've copied a couple, but I never was completely satisfied. I even took to my engineering nature and wrote down every single wall dimension. I just couldn't get the wallpaper right normally though.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    There's a sims 2 house I recently (re) built for my favorite sims 2 sim. She is one of the first sims 2 sims I ever created and remains my favorite to this day.

She originally started out in one of the small EA built starter homes in Strangetown. Over the years I would add a room and an upper level and redecorate the house. And then recently redo the whole house, and now she has a dog!

At one time she had 3 kids but that was a different computer, and years ago.

Anyhow just recently thinking What IF I recreated her and her latest house which I really love (even though it is simple by a lot of people's standards), for sims 4, (when it arrives next week)!

Maybe I'll post a pic or 2 of the sims 2 house as it is now. I really do love it! It's Strangetown desert / modern, sort-of city-ish too.

Here's her little dog I recently created:

n5j03k.jpg

She decided to go camoflage ;o)

11qnzw8.jpg

I know she's "cartoony looking" I created her not long after sims 2 first came out and she has been a part of my life for - over 10 years!

30bekbo.jpg

Here's the latest house. I really love it. The pics (and my video card) just don't do it justice At ALL!

v83mdj.jpg

At night:

2czopc1.jpg

Well, with the new sims 4 building tools it SHOULD be really easy to recreate, right? I guess we'll find out?!
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I re-created my favorite vacation house from Twikki Island for Sims 3

Sims 2 version:
    293aow4.jpg

2hcj6mb.jpg

Sims 3 version:
    2vi1p93.jpg

23vgsoj.jpg

I also re-created the Family Farmhouse that comes with the Sims 2 but I don't have pics of the sims 2 version when I get some some I'll post them and the sims 3 version :)
    Aw twikki Island , nice house!!! I'm really looking foward to building in sims 4. Ordered from amazon 4 days ago and still "waiting to ship" , wonder what's going on?
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Well, not from Sims 3 to Sims 2, but I have copied my favorite neighborhoods & houses onto both a disc & flash drive. This way I can keep playing my favorites no matter what computer I might be on. I have some neighborhoods that I have played over 7+ years on three different computers.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Been doing this on and off for the past four (!) years with TS1 to TS2.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • MrsBelliesMrsBellies Posts: 70 Member
    Some friends and I recreated both TS1 neighbourhood, and TS2 Strangetown for TS3. They're no longer uploaded anywhere, but I think we still have the files, and we occasionally talk about maybe bringing them fully up to date with all the TS3 packs.

I've also remade quite a few of the lots from Sims Life Stories for TS3, including Lead's Gym, which I really liked!
  • vriskabellevriskabelle Posts: 2 New Member
    I recreate a family i made in the sims 2 called the Parkers frequently! but it's never the same really, i do it any way though for the sims 3 for nostalgic purposes! i'm hoping to recreate them in the sims 4 when i get my hands on it too!
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    There was an EA house I played in when I first got Seasons for Sims 3. The house
    was in Riverview and my Sim couple raised their 4 children there. It was a plain
    house by some standards, but I liked it, especially when decorated for the holidays.
    Yesterday I rebuilt the house in the Sims 2, can't wait to move my family in.

Here's the Sims 3 version
    Screenshot-41_zps1a2cb2f4.jpg
    Screenshot-633Housedecoratedfortheholiday_zps617d14c8.jpg

Here's the Sims 2 version
    snapshot_00000007_010dffe2_zps05983c87.jpg

Anyone ever transfer a house to another game? :)

Sims 4 version, like this version the least, it lacks something.
    mc5fmg.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Those are all so Wonderful! :D

I've rebuilt a lot of the Sims 2 houses for TS3. Mostly Twikkii Island and the main Pleasantview houses.
    I liked the Night Life houses, the small ones, so I rebuilt one for TS3 and used it in a world. :D
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    I have lots of homes re-created from TS2 houses for TS3. In fact, all the ones I have are from Rflong7 :smiley:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited October 2014
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    When I got TS2. I made Sims 2 versions of my sims 1 families along with their houses. Never owned Sims 3, but I look forward to remaking those houses and familes in the Sims 4. Maybe after we get a little more carpet and wall color options.