Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thief

ArilyArily Posts: 208 Member
Someone stole my Sims tablet and I don't know who or how to get it back. I really don't like the fact a guest can even play on the tablet in the first place. I had tried sticking it in the Sims personal inventory but then the Sims would play with it and set it on the ground for anyone to pick up and use.

Stupid thieving Sims!
Post edited by Arily on

Comments

• Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    It's probably somewhere you haven't looked.

Try the tops of bookshelves, on a piano, and behind the coffee machine. It's around somewhere.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    It drives me nuts how they don't put the things they take out of their inventory back where they got it from. I get so tired of following my musician around just to put her guitar back in her plum pocket!
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    You probably just misplaced it.
    Or if you have a maid they sometimes take things from what I heard.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Try looking around. ;)

And this is not related to the thread, but see everyone? There ARE burglars in the game. ;)
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Trick wrote: »

Try the tops of bookshelves, on a piano, and behind the coffee machine. It's around somewhere.

I dunno, but I believe that guests definitely take stuff with them when they are leaving, given that they were playing with it at that very moment.

I already posted this screenshot elsewhere, this is Alice Spencer-Kim going home with a toy that belonged to my house ;)

TS4_2014_10_11_23_50_14_87.jpg
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    MrGodard wrote: »

I dunno, but I believe that guests definitely take stuff with them when they are leaving, given that they were playing with it at that very moment.

I already posted this screenshot elsewhere, this is Alice Spencer-Kim going home with a toy that belonged to my house ;)

Sims 4 Burglars are smarter now.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited October 2014
    Ugh. I thought you said you lost your table. I'm reading the posts and thinking, 'Since when do sims wander off with tables? And why would it be on a bookshelf or behind a coffee pot?'
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ArilyArily Posts: 208 Member
    Yes I have looked everywhere! It's no where to be found...I'm thinking one of the neighborhood kids that came over to play ran off with it but I didn't see it happen. There is no maid and I'm playing Legacy style so I don't want to cheat but I feel like if they tablet is gone I should get my money back lol.

@kremesch73 that's funny!
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'v had mine disappear into the abyss a couple of times now. Never thought it was a thieving sim. Will have to keep my eyes on visitors now.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

Good Alice. Good. :)
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

Good Alice. Good. :)

Haha, yes, I wasn't even mad, I like her quite a bit ;)
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited October 2014
    While this is very annoying points to the devs for realism. The times I lose my tablet in real life as well.
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    I lost a tablet too and just repurchased it. Money is pretty much no object to my legacy at this point so it wasn't a big deal, but it would be nice if there was some sort of search mechanism to find lost items on the lot.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I saw a sim take mine. also I put one in the library and someone took it too.
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    It can go the other way. I got Cassandra Goth's tablet when she visited and left it. As for sims taking the tablet, that's 1k Simolions a pop.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    ArchD wrote: »
    It drives me nuts how they don't put the things they take out of their inventory back where they got it from. I get so tired of following my musician around just to put her guitar back in her plum pocket!

I know. I have homework everywhere!
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Back in TS3, my sims always took what they had been using and put it into their inventory. I think it was a code in TS3 that automatically put it into their inventory. I kind of wish it had been coded into TS4, since instead, my sims will put stuff down that I have to search every where to find. /sigh

So, I don't know. There pros and cons to both sides.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    My sim left her tablet at the gym, I had been looking for it for a couple of sim days and couldn't find it. Next time I took her there she picked her tablet up and put it in her inventory. Absent minded much!!! Maybe that's why we need Private Detectives in the game to trawl around town looking for lost items.
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    *lol* I miss my Sim detectives digging in the trash.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    My Sims sister left her tablet at her house, so yay free tablet.

Ohh and "I" before "E" except after "C"
    Hehe.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Could your sim have set it down someplace? I send my sims to the library to write books until they can afford a computer. I can't count the number of times they have sat down to read their completed book then left it on a library table. Grrr. Sims are also good at hiding items under and behind other things.