Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't know how to change language

Can somebody tell me how to change the language of the game it's Portuguese and I want it to be English.

Comments

• sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @pri4321, there are a few mothods, including re-installing your game to editing the registry, but I think the simplest is to download the following utility:

s3lc (Language Changer)
  • pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    > @sirguylittle said:
    > pri4321, there are a few mothods, including re-installing your game to editing the registry, but I think the simplest is to download the following utility:
    >
    > s3lc (Language Changer)
    But after using it can I delete the mod?
    edited October 2014
    @pri4321, s3lc is not actually a mod, it is a utility program (s3lc.exe) that sits outside the game to make it easier to make the language setting changes rather than digging into the registry yourself.

Once you download it, you would run it from outside the game (you should not have the game running at all), select the language you want and then you do not need it anymore and can delete it if you wish.

Note: when selecting English, use the US English option, for some reason the GB English option causes The Sims 3 launcher to crash, even though I am from GB.

PS. One other thing I have realised is that in your Documents\Electronic Arts\ (or Documents\Origin\) folder you will have a folder for your user content in Portuguese. You will need to change the name of this folder to 'The Sims 3' (ie in English) or the game will not be able to find your content.
    I discovered this when I tried changing my game language to French to see how s3lc worked and it created a folder called 'Les Sims 3' which was just like a new install.
    Post edited by sirguylittle on
    @sirguylittle I didn't download it yet because there is another question: My folder name is already "The Sims 3" because I think in Portuguese they call it The Sims 3 does that mean that I only have to download it and select US English? (I entered the folder and it's written in English)
    edited October 2014
    @pri4321, yes, you can just download and run s3lc to change to English in that case.
    As the folder is already the correct spelling for the English version then it will use it as is.
    (It's only the top level folder 'The Sims 3' that can be in a different language, all the one's inside that are in English no matter what language you use.)

Update: I see now, in s3lc there are 2 choices for Portuguese, Portugal and Brazil. I changed my game language to Portuguese (Portugal) and it created a folder called 'Os Sims 3'. But when I tried Portuguese (Brazil) it kept the folder as 'The Sims 3' and I didn't have to do anything else.
    Post edited by sirguylittle on
    edited January 2015
    @sirguylittle Thx for the help :smile: and sorry that I didn't thank you before because I was to busy to use the computer (I was having tests at school)
    Post edited by pri4321 on