Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    Wow...I've finished the bones and exterior of the house. I think I had a little too much fun with the landscaping. I have a maze...and I managed to make it creepy-ish...creepier with that ghostly garden gnome hanging out somewhere in it.

Now for that interior...ehhh...I'll tackle that another day after tons of research
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    KelSimmie wrote: »
    "KelSimmie wrote: »
    And it's so weird... our house... the toilet was enclosed... complete with door... I couldn't handle that so we took the door off! lol

Lol (and I mean literally!). Personally, I also don't like such an enclosed toilet, but where I live, more than 90% of new builds and renovations create the toilet in a separate 'room'. People here are just so ashamed to each other and can't stand other one's rituals and doings because of low respect and understanding. If I try to reason for a toilet in the actual bathroom, than they say for example: But then my wife/husband can see me sitting on the toilet while she/he showers. And then I think: So what? You are in a relationship, don't you?

EXACTLY!!! My husband and I constantly talk to each other while the other is on the pot... who cares? Yeah, sometimes it smells... get over it... lol We're human... =) (And yes, I have no shame... Sorry if this offends! LOL)

Oh, and I was sooo tempted before I put in the open closet opposite the corner jetted tub, to put in a loveseat or chair so that they could sit and talk to each other while the other was soaking in the tub... lol

One of the reasons I think this has come to be, is that TV and Movies glorify and romanticize the relationship and the act. They never talk about people going to the bathroom or loo. They never talk about what else comes out of those parts. So, it's like it's been made a taboo subject not to be talked about or shared. So, in that case, I can kind of see the point of separating them. Me? I don't care... Life is not a movie or tv show, it's real... and the reality is... everyone... yeah, well... anyways... LOL

I'm weird, I'm warped, I'm twisted... I'll just shut up now... LOL

you are not the only one @KelSimmie! I actually hate to have the bathroom door closed when I'm doing my business so to speak (I feel claustrophobic!) and hubby and I are constantly talking to one an other when in the tub! But yes, we often joke that the romance in our relationship has gone ;)

I agree with the warped statement, that just about sums both of us up :smiley:

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited October 2014
    Well, I was going to skip this challenge because I haven't found much time to work on my own builds and have a couple going that I'm really into. I also thought that there just isn't enough stuff in base game to do a proper Victorian. However, I have this one inspiration image of a Victorian that I've always wanted to build, and I thought, 'Let's just get in there and see what can be done.' Now, I am totally pulled in. :p
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Phew, that was hard. Sim challenge done. I have Mr. Green's ghost! Though I cheated a little the third time I tried, as it was taking tooooo loooong.... It is very hard to murder sims in this game. It's also the first time I did it, and I feel a little bit guilty, the poor guys. His twin brother also died by laughter, but hasn't yet returned as a ghost. Ow, so that's why he wanted two bedrooms with an ensuite!

I uploaded him to the gallery. Feel free to use him within your build.
    Thanks @DieterPrivate for making a Mr. Green. I might use him for photos since I am not entering the sim challenge. I can only imagine how difficult it is to purposefully kill a sim. Probably not as hilarious as accidental. So, what made him and his twin laugh so hard?
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2014
    @DieterPrivate--Okay...so you're not fooling? He really died by laughter? Ugh...and I thought making the Victorian was hard!!! LOL! Love it, though. Thanks for sharing!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Quick question--Mr. Green is a ghost from the 1800's. Does his home have modern amenities such as a computer and tv? Stereo? Thx in advance.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    Thanks @DieterPrivate for sharing Mr. Green!
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited October 2014
    celdys0n wrote: »
    Thanks @DieterPrivate for making a Mr. Green. I might use him for photos since I am not entering the sim challenge. I can only imagine how difficult it is to purposefully kill a sim. Probably not as hilarious as accidental. So, what made him and his twin laugh so hard?

What do you think? It happened at home:

Build-n-Share%20004%20Sim.png

Still have to make the story, I made a lot of screenshots...

Ow, there is also a bug in the game: you can't resize the ghost gnome!
    edited October 2014
    Well...my Mr. Green ALMOST died by laughter. He went into hysteria mode, I was SO excited but then he fell asleep. Haven't been able to get him there since.

2n744s2.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Well, I was going to skip this challenge because I haven't found much time to work on my own builds and have a couple going that I'm really into. I also thought that there just isn't enough stuff in base game to do a proper Victorian. However, I have this one inspiration image of a Victorian that I've always wanted to build, and I thought, 'Let's just get in there and see what can be done.' Now, I am totally pulled in. :p

I can totally relate to this. I have been so involved in these challenges - not just BnS, but a few others - that I have yet to finish any of the builds I initially set out to make.
    Well...my Mr. Green ALMOST died by laughter. He went into hysteria mode, I was SO excited but then he fell asleep. Haven't been able to get him there since.

http://prntscr.com/4xc8dr (I REALLY don't understand how to imbed images here. Sooo frustrating.)

Use the following tags around your link: [ img ] your link goes here [ /img ] , but take out the spaces. I had to add the spaces so that you can actually see the tags.
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I have a question. I find it hard to make my house look "creepy" and authentic to the times with what we have in game(I don't use CC). I was wondering if we are allowed to edit our screenshots to give the scary aesthetic or no? I am pretty much done with my build but since there is so much time left I plan to wait and see if I get any inspiration to help the look of it or not. Thanks and good luck to my fellow contestants!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    I have a question. I find it hard to make my house look "creepy" and authentic to the times with what we have in game(I don't use CC). I was wondering if we are allowed to edit our screenshots to give the scary aesthetic or no? I am pretty much done with my build but since there is so much time left I plan to wait and see if I get any inspiration to help the look of it or not. Thanks and good luck to my fellow contestants!

Have you tried playing around with the in-game lighting? Changing all lights to green can certainly make it look creepy. Blue and purple are also nice options.

Have you tried playing around with the in-game lighting? Changing all lights to green can certainly make it look creepy. Blue and purple are also nice options.

I didn't think about that.. I really like having my lighting "warm" in old build to make them look like it's candlelit instead but I might try that or even make them darker. I'll have to play around with it. I'm loving my build just doesn't feel scary, though Mr. Green doesn't strike me as a ghost who is into tormenting people :)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    I've been seeing hints of this and now I'd like to know more about this. How do you use the build/buy cheat in the game? All I keep finding is the mod from twistedmexican...is that the only one?
    I've been seeing hints of this and now I'd like to know more about this. How do you use the build/buy cheat in the game? All I keep finding is the mod from twistedmexican...is that the only one?

If you're referring to the lighting, it's just a matter of going in-game and having your Sim turn all lights - or some lights - on and then changing the color/intensity. It's not a cheat, it's just a game option by clicking on any lamp or light.

Hope this helps.
    @DieterPrivate -- how did you cheat to kill Mr. green by laughter? I've used the heightened Playfulness cheat but it doesn't add, so it doesn't help much. He finally died in a fire which will be good for pics at this point but I'd love to get him to die by laughter. I'm at my wits end, trying for hours and with different ones. He gets to hysterical for a few moments only. Ugh!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

The only cheat I know of in build-buy is bb.showhiddenobjects which unlocks the debug. As far as the lighting goes I go into live mode to do that. I have my simself living there to play test and tweak things :)

alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy

If you're referring to the lighting, it's just a matter of going in-game and having your Sim turn all lights - or some lights - on and then changing the color/intensity. It's not a cheat, it's just a game option by clicking on any lamp or light.

Hope this helps.

No, it's not the lighting, I know about that one. The build/buy mode cheat that I am talking about is where you can select items that would otherwise be unavailable to you until you get the achievement required.

I might just play to get those items but for building sake...there are some items that are just perfect but I can't get them cause I haven't done the achievement yet. When I play the sims now, it's just for the sake of building rather than playing....whoopsies.
    Ah. Okay.

So, anywho, once again, I'm gonna be that guy and ask...

Results for challenge two and three? Any word?
    Ah. Okay.

So, anywho, once again, I'm gonna be that guy and ask...

Results for challenge two and three? Any word?

I agree for challenge two, now that we're in four. I figured it'll take some time for challenge three, so I'm holding off on those results.

Hope this helps.

No, it's not the lighting, I know about that one. The build/buy mode cheat that I am talking about is where you can select items that would otherwise be unavailable to you until you get the achievement required.

I might just play to get those items but for building sake...there are some items that are just perfect but I can't get them cause I haven't done the achievement yet. When I play the sims now, it's just for the sake of building rather than playing....whoopsies.

For the unlockables there is no cheat sadly.. just the mod for it. I heard that for some the objects wouldn't upload to the gallery so I've not tried it out. I wish once unlocked they stayed unlocked for all families and saves :/
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member

Hope this helps.

For the unlockables there is no cheat sadly.. just the mod for it. I heard that for some the objects wouldn't upload to the gallery so I've not tried it out. I wish once unlocked they stayed unlocked for all families and saves :/

I'm pretty sure the unlockables transfer, but the buydebug objects definitely don't. :\
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    @DieterPrivate -- how did you cheat to kill Mr. green by laughter? I've used the heightened Playfulness cheat but it doesn't add, so it doesn't help much. He finally died in a fire which will be good for pics at this point but I'd love to get him to die by laughter. I'm at my wits end, trying for hours and with different ones. He gets to hysterical for a few moments only. Ugh!

The cheat "sims.add_buff buff_hysterical" is used for death by laughter. You can replace hysterical with any other desired emotion.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
    BryonyRae wrote: »

Hope this helps.

I'm pretty sure the unlockables transfer, but the buydebug objects definitely don't. :\

Maybe that's what I've heard. I don't remember! lol shows how good my memory is ;)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top