Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW YACHT, MODERN VILLAS AND MORE! --UPDATED ON14/05/2017 -- JOL1990 SHOWCASE THREAD

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The building that you are basing your WIP build on looks great! :) It looks very grand! I will look forward to seeing your finished build!
  • jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    i finished it sooner then expected, it will be up in a bit =3
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
    Okay here are some pics! I present to you the Frankfurt Opera Lounge

FQmDKkD.jpg

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/SIhAIgA.jpg[/img]

sVyNyjr.jpg

CV8jgnG.jpg

More pictures can be found here; http://imgur.com/a/FIoJ1#19

If you want to download this building, look for my name J0L1990 and you will find it in my catalog!
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @jol1990 - Elegance and grace! Love your opera house! A fine venue for any "cultured" Sim! Great work!
    5sXtTqH.png
    @Ash072 i still dont know how i managed to finish it in less then 5 hours ... lol im weird
    mETeT9z.jpg

The Franfurt Opera Lounge looks very grand and elegant! :) Very nice exterior of it! You have reflected in simform the real life building so very well! The water fountains features either side of the building look very nice. Very nice roofing! The way you have used the arches in the build looks very nice! Very nice type of and way you have placed the windows in the build. The curved porches on either side of the front area of the build look very nice! The red carpet patterning in the middle front entry area looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the building! The platformed music and comedy routine stage area looks great! The blue curtains there looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the comfortable blue armchairs both on the ground level and up the raised steps and also on the balcony area for sims to enjoy sitting resting and watching the performances.The wall paneling that you have used looks very nice. Very nice balcony areas! Nice indoors red sofas sitting areas on the balconies. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seats there. It looks very nice how you have set the red tables and chairs on the outdoors balcony areas. It looks great how you have used the arches there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables in the outdoors air. Very nice curved counter front desk. It looks great how you have placed computers there for sims to use. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar and listening to music from the juke box whilst sitting on the bar stools enjoying their drink. The piano keys picture looks nice on the wall. The red carpet flooring in the build looks very nice! Very nice types of lights that you have used through the build which suit well the theme of the venue.
    It is a very nice venue! :)
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Oh wow! Your opera house is stunning!! Beautiful work!!
    As for the EA/maxis favorite thing. I know how you feel! I have yet to get any attention on any of my builds from them, but hey... oh well. I have come to an understanding with myself, that this is something I do as a personal thing. I love to build (about 90% of my time in game is spent building), and I might as well share them so others can utilize them. :D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    @Tiki5872 - That's a great attitude to have!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Your chateau looks incredibly beautiful! Great architecture! Love the interiors too. (*)
    edited October 2014
    @Tiki5872 yeah they seem to favour a roman villa with only a bed in it and a house in the shape of a cat lol xD they even vavourited the rainbow park wich was uploaded thesame time as my theme park, there was alot more creativity and orignality in my theme park then in that rainbow one but you know; their logic seems to be the more weird it is the more chance on favouriting, and the more realistic it is the less chance. But in all fairness, the fact that these builds arent good does reflect in their download numbers. for instance, my finished builds that i worked ages on they favourited at one point all have 1000 plus download with the 2 exeptions that have 10000 plus downloads. the ones where you scratch your head even struggle to get close to a thousand.. =p
    I am not angry but dissapointed when i see the my stuff ignored again even after sharing it on twitter and getting responses, whilst they favourite the things that would only take you half an hour to make and arent really worth it. It wont stop me from building though, one day theyll have to notice my stuff; if i give up building now, my followers wont have new stuff and ill loose my creative outlet; and im not going to let the whole issue ruin that =p I know you make amazing builds and like someone else on the forum said, on this forum you will get the recognision for your builds. I do hope maxis does favourite you at least once though; all good builders deserve at least 1 favourited upload.
    mETeT9z.jpg

• DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Well done on so many terrific builds. I was building for a long time in Sims 3 before I had a feature, and when I did it was for a little starter. The important thing is to have fun and know that you are giving a lot of people fun with your lots. You are doing a great job and I am loving your work so I am sure you will get a feature at some point, but it will probably be the last thing you thought they would favourite lol!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

edited October 2014
    @DippyDesigns thanks for the compliment and i am very happy people are appreciating my stuff, thats what keeps me going =3 also i know what u mean by that last thing that it would be the last thing i would think they would take, the ones they did favourite was a starter first and then 2 other ones; completely ignoring my big best builds at the time XD i was like.. wut ? O.O logic?
    Post edited by jol1990 on
    mETeT9z.jpg

• DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    I wouldn't want to have to choose, it must be difficult for them to choose as everyone has different tastes. I like smaller builds so that is what I make, it it gets a Maxis favourite that is a bonus as more people do visit your catalog when you have a featured lot. I think they are just trying to be fair and highlight a wide variety of builds. If I were 12 years old I may love a house in the shape of a cat in my game so I do understand why they add those for the younger fans. Lots of simmers also like starters because they don't use cheats and want a house that is a true starter and valued under $20,000, they are pretty hard to get right as it is hard to build on a budget lol! I struggle to keep mine within budget. They have a hard task to please everybody and I think they are pretty fair if you consider the wide variety of simmers out there. As the saying goes you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people, all the time :)
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

@DippyDesigns ,true different tastes, different people, it also seems like they want to give everyone a chance to gain some popularity, im noticing less repetition of creators too. =3 anyway this is a build showcase thing so lets stop talking about this XD i am still figuring out what my next thing will be =D im clueless =(
    mETeT9z.jpg

Here it is, my medieval family starter! something small to work on cause i was tired of doing big projects =3

HIu8mh5.jpg

fIIsXAY.jpg

more pictures on http://imgur.com/a/IWyCM#2
    This house can be found on my page on the gallery
    mETeT9z.jpg

• JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    That castle like chimney is too cute. Great little house.
    Your Medieval Starter is very nice! :) very nice exterior of the home! The roofing and the dormers look great! The stone texture that you have used for the exterior looks very nice! Great back patio area for sims to enjoy playing chess on the chess table outdoors in the air. It looks so very nice how you have done the curved front patio area! The sunflowers there are sunny for sims to see when coming to enter the home, and it is a nice place for sims to enjoy growing plants in the garden pots there. Great layout of the interior of the home. It is great that you have a study desk nook area in the single bedroom.
    It is a great family starter home! :)
    They actually noticed my theme park =D yey
    mETeT9z.jpg

Great Jol !
    After you insisted all over the gallery mine was chosen by a bot I prayed God would chose yours. So, I'm only a little surprised. Good job <3
    @JBEAR1 i didnt mean anything bad by that bear, i just thought the sinatra lot was alot nicer and better of a choice =3 youre a good builder
    mETeT9z.jpg

:) I did enjoy making that Sinatra house, really got in the mind set of being in his shoes back then. Was the strangest feeling.
    None of my lots have been favorited. However, my museum has over 450 downloads and my latest Club has over 50 on their own merit. Not too shabby!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    > @jol1990 said:
    > Here is a work in progress of what i am making, this thing had one of the most frustrating and hardest roofs ever to make.... =/ ugh still far from done, but a sneak peak cant harm cant it =D This house is going to resember chateax de vicombe in france, took me a while but i managed to make it look like it!
    >
    >
    >
    > Heres the real thing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The amount of work still needed inside is massive, but i wanted to share it already =D Feedback is allways welcome

This is absolutely fantastic. You have a great eye. Can't wait to see the completed chateax.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Love your medieval starter!! Love the front with the little gated area, nice place for harvestables. Also, congrats on EA noticing your theme park! :D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872