Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    DimitraG wrote: »
    Sims 4: Josh Hutcherson edition

Come on, he is cute.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    LisaNomiLu wrote: »
    It has happened to me hundreds of times. I haven't aged any sim, but I notice the bug when I create in CAS. It happens when you switch gender back and forth, while correcting some other features. It's a nasty bug. I had no idea it happens in game as well! That's absolutly horrendous!

Edit: I use no cheats and no mods. And it has been like that since the CAS demo. I didn't report it back then because I thought I was imagining it. Then I took screenshots and the difference wes obvious. But I repaired it every time and hoped it didn't happen in game!!

LOL...win.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited October 2014
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    It has happened to me hundreds of times. I haven't aged any sim, but I notice the bug when I create in CAS. It happens when you switch gender back and forth, while correcting some other features. It's a nasty bug. I had no idea it happens in game as well! That's absolutly horrendous!

Edit: I use no cheats and no mods. And it has been like that since the CAS demo. I didn't report it back then because I thought I was imagining it. Then I took screenshots and the difference wes obvious. But I repaired it every time and hoped it didn't happen in game!!

LOL...win.

I believe it was the attempt to improve/repair the gender switching that caused these problem. Unintended consequences. SimGuruLindsay said something about it many pages back.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I was also hit by this horrible bug! I had a lovely couple who had two sons. They were both CAS made, and I made them with big eyes, thinking their sons would also carry it along. Oh no...squinty eyed wide jawed! Deleted the family!
    I've started again. I really want my new couple to start a family but I don't want it to be ruined!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    simlish1 wrote: »
    I was also hit by this horrible bug! I had a lovely couple who had two sons. They were both CAS made, and I made them with big eyes, thinking their sons would also carry it along. Oh no...squinty eyed wide jawed! Deleted the family!
    I've started again. I really want my new couple to start a family but I don't want it to be ruined!

I want my sim to have a baby with Channing Tatum and her daughter to carry Tom Welling's child.
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    I would wish the gurus would give some kind of update for us who are waiting here.
  • Options
    LisaNomiLuLisaNomiLu Posts: 171 Member

LOL...win.

What was funny?
  • Options
    LisaNomiLuLisaNomiLu Posts: 171 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »

LOL...win.

I believe it was the attempt to improve/repair the gender switching that caused these problem. Unintended consequences. SimGuruLindsay said something about it many pages back.

OK! Thank you.
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    edited October 2014
    SimGuruLyndsay is doing the "Ask a SimGuru" thread right now.

I gave them a nudge yesterday in that thread. Maybe someone else can give them a nudge today?
  • Options
    SimGuruLyndsay is doing the "Ask a SimGuru" thread right now.

I gave them a nudge yesterday in that thread. Maybe someone else can give them a nudge today?

Thank you for the hint! My comment was the last one to make it.
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Cool, thanks.
  • Options
    Update:

Untitled_1.jpg
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2014
    Update:

Untitled_1.jpg

What does soon mean? Vague answers like that really annoy me. The cow plants are restless and demand an ETA!
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    Update:

Untitled_1.jpg

What does soon mean? Vague answers like that really annoy me. The cow plants are restless and demand an ETA!

November 1st could be "soon". I'm not very hopeful that this "soon" is before the next scheduled patch when we will be getting pools. I think they will be addressing all the known issues (that they can fix) at that time. I will be leaving Origin offline so I don't get forced to do the update just to see if it breaks anything else first.
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited October 2014
    Update:

Untitled_1.jpg

Trying not to get overly excited because I'm like 90% sure this just means they'll fix it with the November patch... but hopefully "soon" is code for tomorrow.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    Update:

Untitled_1.jpg

Trying not to get overly excited because I'm like 90% this just means they'll fix it with the November patch... but hopefully "soon" is code for tomorrow.

I hope so.
  • Options
    15MagPies15MagPies Posts: 416 Member
    I really hope it's before November first, because a month wait for a fix is not soon to me.

Was it ever discovered if this bug affects women too? In the save I'm playing now there are only girls in the family, so I don't know if I'll be safe for awhile or not.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The guru response worries me. I'm still not sure if the overall randomization issue is even being looked at.
  • Options
    15MagPies wrote: »
    I really hope it's before November first, because a month wait for a fix is not soon to me.

Was it ever discovered if this bug affects women too? In the save I'm playing now there are only girls in the family, so I don't know if I'll be safe for awhile or not.

Yes, it does.

I have some images buried somewhere in this thread showing the female clones in my town.
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    The guru response worries me. I'm still not sure if the overall randomization issue is even being looked at.

See? I was afraid of that. It's why I made so much noise about the cloning. I was worried they would focus on the aging and overlook the bigger underlying problem. The aging is messed up because the randomization is broken. That's my opinion but I'm just guessing, so who knows. I just feel it's part of a bigger problem.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

See? I was afraid of that. It's why I made so much noise about the cloning. I was worried they would focus on the aging and overlook the bigger underlying problem. The aging is messed up because the randomization is broken. That's my opinion but I'm just guessing, so who knows. I just feel it's part of a bigger problem.

The two issues are undoubtedly one and the same.
  • Options
    15MagPies15MagPies Posts: 416 Member
    15MagPies wrote: »

Yes, it does.

I have some images buried somewhere in this thread showing the female clones in my town.

Thanks! I will go digging.
  • Options
    reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    > @So_Money said:
    > The guru response worries me. I'm still not sure if the overall randomization issue is even being looked at.

That's exactly what I was thinking. BOTH issues are important to me.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Update:

Untitled_1.jpg

There are tons of people not playing this game right not due to this glitch. I would think they could be a little less vague then soon since in the past that has been a code word for whenever. Please tell us it is going to be like next week soon or something. I wouldn't like to hear next week but it would be better than "soon". I am sorry but I am seriously annoyed. I am trying to be patient but we were told a week ago that you all had a fix and would get it out to us "soon". So, now we would like to know when we can expect the patch please since many of us are not playing until it is fixed. Thank you for reading. :s

• Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    Time is running out for them. If it is not verrrrrrrrrrrrry soon, then it will already have been fixed before they fix it, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top