March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

England/british style sims

Comments

• Xx_LumiNati_xXXx_LumiNati_xX Posts: 105 Member
    > @Piperbird1 said:
    > Xx_LumiNati_xX wrote: »
    >
    > Well of course Piperbird1 ;) and adding some strange new worlds to explore would be cool too. I'd loved to have an Ood planet.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > PLAYABLE OOD!!!!!!!
    > Sorry, overexcited.
    > Could you imagine, Dalek maids, Cyberman mailmen, Sontarans delivering pizza.....

Well Dalek's do have a plunger already lol. And we'd have a Doctor :smiley:

Drawing inspiration from different parts of the world would be cool too.
    14948075703_d5801b1c42_o.gif
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Terraced houses and tower blocks, chip shops and kebab shops, mushy peas and beans on toast, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and toffs. Sounds like fun.
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    You put those accents in my Sims game and I may never leave my PC...

UNF.

Sims with British accents?....this....this I want. (throws wallet at EA)
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    It's a really cool idea, I like it.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    As a Yank, yes. Yes, I would adore this. Yes, I would love this. I would marry this and have its babies. Toss in a premade Hiddleston sim and, to paraphrase Mister @Crackseed: UNF.
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    They should do something like a stuff pack with different UK themed world and outfits!
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Well, I don't really know what a British neighborhood would entail. But sure, I'll give it a go. I expect it would be a fun change of pace.

One thing -- mailboxes on the front of the house or slots in the door are certainly not exclusively British. We had the 'on the house' box when I was a kid (in Michigan, near Detroit). My grandparents had the slot in the door (it has a metal flap on a spring-loaded hinge that keeps things out, generally). It wasn't until my family moved to a more rural area that I'd ever seen the box-on-a-pole like we have in the Sims games.

As for accents . . . uh . . . how do you do any kind of accent in Simlish? It doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, if you can make it work, sure!
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Being a brit i love playing the sims, its american styled (obvs it being made american and being based in america) it makes it so much fun living the american life style... Mail boxes, styles of homes, pools (soon) etc<br />
    <br />
    However... How would american simmers feel if they went british style? London town, country style?

I've only been to the UK once and that was in the 80s when i was very young so could you go into a bit more detail on British style entails ?
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    I want ...

A pub with darts.
    Double decker buses.
    Proper phone boxes (we don't have phone boxes at all any more, not where I live; just an ugly phone mounted on a pole.
    Venues like Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and the Tower (complete with woohoo)
    Mischievous sims can try to taunt the Palace Guardsmen into breaking protocol.
    Recipes like steak and kidney pie and Yorkshire pudding.
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    I want ...

A pub with darts.
    Double decker buses.
    Proper phone boxes (we don't have phone boxes at all any more, not where I live; just an ugly phone mounted on a pole.
    Venues like Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and the Tower (complete with woohoo)
    Mischievous sims can try to taunt the Palace Guardsmen into breaking protocol.
    Recipes like steak and kidney pie and Yorkshire pudding.

New whim " woohoo with beefeater "
  • Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    Thatched roof cottages, ancient castles, stonehenge, tiny dickensian style terraced houses, pubs!, football (soccer to you), the gentle swish of crickets bats on the lawn while ladies in floral dresses sip tea on the patio... Ok Im getting too British now. Lol
    Oh, and I am a full Brit, born and bred... and I have never seen a red double decker bus in my life. Too many movies :D

Only really get the red double decker busses in London (and possibly other big English cities but I can't be sure about those as I've not been to them) we don't get them where I live either
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    The majority of houses in the UK are semi detached or terraced and this is something I really wish we could build in the Sims. It would really add some realism for us Brits. It 'is' possible to create these in-game but one thing necessary to make them playable is the ability to lock doors to keep the neighbours out. Now if we could just assign specific sims to specific doors ............ that would be the best thing ever.
  • Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    This is a great idea..Britain Rocks!!......anigif_enhanced-buzz-8255-1374506728-13.gif
    200.gif
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I don't know about 'British' but lockable doors for demi detached and terraces would be awesome.
  • cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2014
    h
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    Thatched roof cottages, ancient castles, stonehenge, tiny dickensian style terraced houses, pubs!, football (soccer to you), the gentle swish of crickets bats on the lawn while ladies in floral dresses sip tea on the patio... Ok Im getting too British now. Lol
    Oh, and I am a full Brit, born and bred... and I have never seen a red double decker bus in my life. Too many movies :D

Only really get the red double decker busses in London (and possibly other big English cities but I can't be sure about those as I've not been to them) we don't get them where I live either

I would ask where in UK you are from, but I think its against the rules :) Theres a clue as to where I live in my name... And if you've ever been there you would know we are lucky if we even see a bus, let alone a big red one lol.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    As a Brit I also love playing in fantasy American land. I don't particularly care for a British theme in the game but if other nationalities would then that's nice I suppose. I'm not sure what you could do in everday life to make it more English, the game already has a tea set and maybe when Seasons is released you can disable spring and summer and just have the crap weather all year round.

It would be cool to get maybe a themed community area, like China Town but London Town. I think it might border on offensive though, this stereotypical view that a lot of Americans seem to have that English people live like Downton Abbey. I don't think I want to be represented like that xD

I probably wouldn't buy this dlc/stuff pack thinking about it.
  • cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    I would probably feel the same as you @CrackFox. Im not sure I want Britain to be stereotyped in a game I love. It already annoys me when there is a so called Brit in an American programme who is just soooo stereotypical, and Im shouting at the telly, "We dont say stuff like that!"
    But I guess it works both ways, I mean, Im sure not all Americans are obese, gun toting hicks... Are they? ;)
    What I would prefer is a completely different culture represented in an EP, like India, that would be awesome!
    CrackFox wrote: »
    As a Brit I also love playing in fantasy American land. I don't particularly care for a British theme in the game but if other nationalities would then that's nice I suppose. I'm not sure what you could do in everday life to make it more English, the game already has a tea set and maybe when Seasons is released you can disable spring and summer and just have the crap weather all year round.<br />
    <br />
    It would be cool to get maybe a themed community area, like China Town but London Town. I think it might border on offensive though, this stereotypical view that a lot of Americans seem to have that English people live like Downton Abbey. I don't think I want to be represented like that xD<br />
    <br />

I dont really think thats the case . i certainly dont think you live the downton abbey style . * pompously sips coffee * The kinds of things i remember about the UK are ( keep in mind this was the 80's and i was young ) the big red buses and telephone booths , the underground ( i almost didnt mind the gap once ) , things like Windsor castle trafalgar square Big Ben and Hampton Court , roundabouts ( dont ask me why ) milk delivery , among other things . Ok still probably stereotypical but then again us 'mericans get stereotyped too
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited October 2014
    CrackFox wrote: »
    As a Brit I also love playing in fantasy American land. I don't particularly care for a British theme in the game but if other nationalities would then that's nice I suppose. I'm not sure what you could do in everday life to make it more English, the game already has a tea set and maybe when Seasons is released you can disable spring and summer and just have the crap weather all year round.<br />
    <br />
    It would be cool to get maybe a themed community area, like China Town but London Town. I think it might border on offensive though, this stereotypical view that a lot of Americans seem to have that English people live like Downton Abbey. I don't think I want to be represented like that xD<br />
    <br />

I dont really think thats the case . i certainly dont think you live the downton abbey style . * pompously sips coffee * The kinds of things i remember about the UK are ( keep in mind this was the 80's and i was young ) the big red buses and telephone booths , the underground ( i almost didnt mind the gap once ) , things like Windsor castle trafalgar square Big Ben and Hampton Court , roundabouts ( dont ask me why ) milk delivery , among other things . Ok still probably stereotypical but then again us 'mericans get stereotyped too

What you said isn't stereotypical, those are all just normal parts of British life :) (though I've never been to Hampton Court or Windsor Castle). But yeah, I wouldn't want people thinking we all live like Downton Abbey... at least, I don't, but maybe that's just me? lol. I'd LIKE to though! My life is less Downton Abbey, more the Royle Family...
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Oh yes ye old pubs and stuff
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Tea houses would be fun.
    It's mostly starbucks now but youdo get one or two old Tea shops. ther is a really good one in marlow with amazing cakes and a really nice one in Henley too.
  • The-2-LsThe-2-Ls Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2014
    @cornishoven

Ok, I'm thoroughly over-excited now - I thought I was the only one! ;)

Bah! Wrote lots more than this but I've been somehow cut short

& again! Silly forum :(
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    @windweaver you're right, there really isn't much difference. With the world getting smaller (travel, internet and whatnot) we have adopted many things from each other. For example, when I was at school there was no such thing as a 'prom', that was just something on 'Saved By The Bell' (Im really showing my age now). But now we have them too, and they are as big and extravagent as Im sure yours are.
    If they based a Sim expansion in my own school experience, prom would be 'going to the house of whichever mate's parents are away, drinking cheap cider, throwing up in the fish pond, and trying to get off with as many people as possible'.
    Yeh, Im classy lol

LOL! Lot's of fun! Well, our whole system of law is based upon your own, with the exception of innocent until proven guilty. I work in the courts, so it comes to mind immediately, lol.

Don't worry about your age, I've got 6 decades under my belt at this point. I've been waiting to grow up for a very long time. I'm thinking I've got that Peter Pan syndrome :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I've lived all over the world - a British style would be wonderful, imo. :)