Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW YACHT, MODERN VILLAS AND MORE! --UPDATED ON14/05/2017 -- JOL1990 SHOWCASE THREAD

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Your Chateau home is very grand and nice! :) I wrote about the very nice exterior of it earlier, and the interior looks very nice too! Very nice layout and furnishing of the rooms! The patterns and panelling that you have used for the walls looks very nice! The black floor tiling in the interior courtyard and hall area looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the seats around the water fountain there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats there, enjoying listening to the music from the grand piano being played. Very nice fire place sitting areas and study desk table nooks in the bedrooms. Very nice dining room! It looks very nice how you have the long dining table there with many seats either side for many sims to enjoy sitting together eating their meals at the same time. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. The pictures on the walls are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst eating their meals. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The island curved stove counter is great! The egg basket, knife set and teaset are nice kitchen touches there. It looks very nice how you have used the candlelights in the rooms and areas of the home.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Your chateau is so beautiful and elaborate! I chanced upon it in the Gallery first and was immediately taken by it. Great work!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! <3 It is truly fantastic! I adore the architecture! Inside, I am loving the high ceiling! I will be sure to add to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :D
  • jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    My new thing =D a Lounge called The Rabbit Lounge, this can be found on my profile on the sims 4 gallery, heres some pics !

phpfCMP.jpg

U1mL70s.jpg

C3wqbDF.jpg

more pictures on http://imgur.com/a/DsLzf#9
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
  • RoffRoff Posts: 124 Member
    Wow! It's perfect.

We can see what happened into Rabbit Hole Lounge now. It's so ironic. :D
    i tested this lot and its a great lot to play on =3
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
  • JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Cool bunny ears :)
    The Rabbit Lounge is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is great! It looks very nice how you have used the glass windows in the build. The upper patio is great! It looks very nice how you have done the front and side area water fountain features! The water around the edges of the building looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the trees and plants. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! Great bar counter area! It looks great how you have placed a row of drinks display cabinets on the wall there. The neon lights look nice how you have placed them either side and above the menu board. It looks great how you have placed the tables and chairs for sims to enjoy sitting at and listening to the grand piano being played whilst enjoying having a drink from the bar. The corner grand piano and comedy routine performance nook area is great! Sims will have fun playing chess at the chess table. The red colour of the curtains in the lounge looks nice. Very nice upper patio bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there outside having a drink at the bar, and enjoy the outside views.
    It is a very nice venue to visit! :)
    i do hope someone of maxis notices some of my new stuff.. for godsake, they favourited a weird basic house in the shape of a cat
    mETeT9z.jpg

jol1990 wrote: »
    i do hope someone of maxis notices some of my new stuff.. for godsake, they favourited a weird basic house in the shape of a cat
    Good luck.
    I present you.. The magnolia Funfair!

zEKRgpA.jpg

LPgi0md.jpg

0TzEra1.jpg

more pictures on http://imgur.com/a/Bn4DE#6
    This download can be found on the gallery under the name Magnolia Fun Fair
    mETeT9z.jpg

• tamai187tamai187 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2014
    thats such a cool idea, all those rides look amazing <3 im breathless
    The Magnolia Fun Fair is a very creative and great build! :) Very nice design of it! The enlarged items are great! It looks great how you have done the merry go round, and the dodgem cars ride looks great! It looks great how you have done the water fountain feature and placed the people either side of it. Very nice curved gate entrance to the fun fair! The enlarged gnomes on top of it look great! Great picnic area for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables having something to eat or drink.It looks great how you done the bar area. The exterior of the building with the bar in it looks great. It looks great that you have placed the drinks display cabinets in the bar ckunter alcove area. and have placed menu boards on the exterior. It looks very nice how you have placed the enlarged animals, gnomes and other items in the areas of the build.
    It is a very creatively designed and fun build, and place to enjoy visiting! :)
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Your Magnolia Fun Fair looks amazing and you did this without us having any fair/carnival items.... way to go!! It looks so fun and inviting! I would love to see what you do if they ever do release those type of items!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Good job with Magnolia Fun Fair and the club! Very creative builds! :D
    edited October 2014
    i dont know what ot do anymore for maxis to notice my builds; i use twitter, have a good amount of downloads and they just keep ignoring my stuff.... whats the point..
    I put my heart and soul in every build, think of every minor detail, and then the weirdest things get favourited...
    mETeT9z.jpg

• ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    edited October 2014
    sadly enough someone already attempted to steal my house not even 2 hours after i uploaded it to the gallery... its getting rediculous..
    I have noticed that when someone re-uploads a Sim to the gallery it tags it with an original maker too. (example Uploaded by.., original by...) so if people are uploading your work it should tag you as the original builder.

Great work btw!
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

sadly enough someone already attempted to steal my house not even 2 hours after i uploaded it to the gallery... its getting rediculous..
    I have noticed that when someone re-uploads a Sim to the gallery it tags it with an original maker too. (example Uploaded by.., original by...) so if people are uploading your work it should tag you as the original builder.

Great work btw!

My main issue with the gallery is that the favourite system looks like its done by a random bot and only like 1 or 2 are handpicked, i saw so many builds being favourited wondering why is that one being favourited whilst so many amazing builders upload really good stuff, like there is no quality control, once in a while you have the gem of a castle but most of the time theres allways 2 or 3 completely random things in it ... I do wish this proces was different...
    mETeT9z.jpg

:D
    I can't help favorite every zoo or theme park I see, like a big kid lol. This one is very good though.
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    :D
    I can't help favorite every zoo or theme park I see, like a big kid lol. This one is very good though.

still a shame that the bot didnt select your sinatra house, its so much more amazing and lots of people would have gone for it =/

mETeT9z.jpg

• Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    I love the Chateau, it is absolutely beautiful and has that "wow" factor! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Regarding getting your builds noticed, I think you are doing a great job by showcasing your builds here and it sounds like you use Twitter as well. Other people also have blogs, and you may want to consider branching out as well to reach more people. But specifically regarding Maxis, a couple of points to consider:

Maxis may not favorite things for the same reason another player favorites things. They have a product to support/promote. Maybe they feel that spreading out their recognition to many people will encourage more people to try building, or that if they favorite a wide variety of items, they are more likely to end up hitting on all tastes and increase players' use of the gallery. Maybe they saw a tweet from someone who just built and uploaded something for the first time ever, and they favorite it to encourage them to keep doing it. They may see a really great upload from someone whose work they've favorited before and decide not to favorite it if they are concerned that consistently favoriting the work of a few will discourage others from trying. Maybe they don't favorite everything they love because they're trying to find a balance between giving as much recognition as possible while being considerate of the players that have complained they want to stop receiving so many favorites notifications from Maxis.

Even if Maxis were favoriting strictly on the basis of which items are the "best", you have to remember 1. taste is subjective and 2. Maxis is likely hampered by the same gallery issues the rest of us are, like too many items to search through and inconsistent use of hashtags, not to mention even getting the gallery search features to work reliably. The odds that they'll notice every build that deserves to be seen are very slim. In fact, I'd bet there are a lot of very talented builders out there that will never have anything favorited by Maxis, and that's not because it wasn't good enough or Maxis wasn't trying . They just won't be able to find and favorite every good upload, the same way you wouldn't expect a normal player to manage to favorite every good thing that ever hit the gallery.

My point isn't to lecture you, so I apologize for my long-windedness :) I just wanted to point out that there are plenty of reasons for items to not be favorited that have nothing to do with the quality of your builds and encourage you to care less about what Maxis favorites or doesn't. Your builds are lovely. If you love building, keep doing it - that's all that really matters anyway.
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @jol1990 - I want to wish you success in getting a lot favorited by Maxis! We all want recognition and for our work to be presented in the limelight. Please don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. Success isn't an overnight thing for most and only comes after years of hard work. One piece of advice is to sit down and be honest with yourself about your reasons for wanting to build...is it for fun? recognition? challenge? etc. If it is for recognition, don't quit because Maxis doesn't favorite you. You can totally post your stuff on this forum and the community will recognize your work! :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
    edited October 2014
    well see what happensm i updated my twitter header and profile pic a bit =3 now and im trying to socialize a bit more on twitter, to my next building project !
    Post edited by jol1990 on
    mETeT9z.jpg

okaay im not gonna show in game footage of my next project yet.. but i can show the building im basing it on!, this building ! expect it somewhere this weekend =3
    5861.jpg
    mETeT9z.jpg