Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Abandonware and Custom Content?

Hey guys, so I decided that I want to play TS2 and original Sims again, and I was wondering if anyone remembers any of their favorite TS2 custom content sites that are possibly still up?

I was also wondering if The Sims is now considered abandonware. I've seen a lot of people on different forums ask this question, but no one is actually very sure anymore. Is the Sims 2 abandonware also? I cannot find any of the expansion packs anywhere. I only have Nightlife from the Sims 2 because I bought the Double Deluxe version of it.

Comments

• Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hi! I'm not sure about CC because I don't use it, but maybe thesimsresource.com or modthesims.com? I know those are still up. A lot of people have returned to The Sims 2 because they offered and gave out the digital Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (all Expansion and Stuff Packs) for free back in July. They don't sell the disk version anymore, however, which is why they gave out the digital version for those who could no longer buy it. You might be able to get it on ebay or amazon, though. Happy Simming!
  • djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    There are a lot of goodwill and thrift shops around that still do sell hard-copies.
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    I just saw gently used copies of Ikea stuff and double deluxe at my local Goodwill. I also found a never opened copy of Simcity 4 deluxe there, which I bought.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    TS1 i would consider abandonware
    but with TS2 they released ultimate collection in July so i wouldnt say its fully forgotten by EA yet.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    Yeah, Sims 1 would be abandonware and Sims 2 is probably on the way to being so. Wasn't the reason they released the Ultimate Collection because they officially discontinuing support for it?
    It's really hard to find Sims 2 games in retail stores anymore. Occasionally I see TS2 University for like $7 at Target, and I recently bought a brand new Ikea Stuff Pack for $5 there too, but it's rare. Second Hand stores, or even game stores may still have some used copies really cheap, but you'd have to hunt around. There still seems to be plenty of Sims 2 and Sims 1 Complete Collection on ebay though, so try there.

As for cc, The Sims Resource and Mod The Sims still have Sims 2 stuff, and I'm sure if you google a bit you'd be able to find some smaller sites that still have some.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2014
    I was able to find expansion pack bundles for the Sims 2 on Amazon.com: Sims 2 University Life Collection has Sims 2 University and Ikea Stuff; Sims 2 Best of Business Collection has Sims 2 Open for Business, Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff, and Kitchen & Bath Stuff; and finally Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection has Sims 2 Pets, Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff, and Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff. Last I checked, the US Store also has copies of Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 2 Freetime.

Some of my favorite sites for Sims 1 content that are still up: simfreaks.com, 7deadlysims.com, sims1.aroundthesims3.com, and thesimsresource.com. Simfreaks, sims2.aroundthesims3.com, and thesimsresource.com also have Sims 2 stuff, as does modthesims.info. There are also some yahoo groups that host Sims 1 and Sims 2 content, such as the Saving the Sims yahoo groups (there are several).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.