Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Affairs

....Most of my sims tend to be faithful so I just hadn't noticed until today..but um...Do the sims just not care if they are getting cheating on? One of my Sims just walked in on his -wife- with his brother in his bed and proceeded to walk over and hugged him O.O...🐸🐸🐸🐸! Is this a glitch or did they seriously leave out Jealousy in game thats supposed to be about emotions and more realistic personalities.

Comments

• cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Sims are hust bery nice to each other
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Others have reported this too. /sigh

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    If I found my brother stealing my wife, I'd hug him, too.

I kid.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well i heard that happen but i did not encounter it myself because i am faithful too in my life. So i never try to cheat in the Sims too.
  • MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    I dunno but recently I had a husband just flirt once with someone else and his wife was angry until the next day.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Will it get fixed?

The one time I got my ex in bed with another, trust me, there was no hugging.
  • MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    speaking of affairs...I never thought I see this happen in my game ohhh yiss...Mortimer had an affair with Zoe Patel lol...I was playing the roomies household and saw the relationship panel her and Morti's relationship was soulmates XD holy cows! also from what I seen Bella and her despise each other and morti and bellas relationship is flopping...this was the game's control by the way ha,ha I was putting my families in game before I decided to jump into playing one of the premade house holds...it's like watching a drama show :)
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Being a homewrecker is a very emotional experience... take it from me. The brother probably knew that and wanted to comfort his sibling :)
  • FortysheepFortysheep Posts: 23 Member
    Hilarious that it was that the Husband was all "sup bro! its cool, lets hug it out..."*hip bumps* it -is- pretty disappointing with the focus on emotions in this game they would have over looked or left out something that been a core part of the last 3 games
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    edited October 2014
    Smarter Sims, Weirder Stories! Buy Sims 4 now
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    Fortysheep wrote: »
    Hilarious that it was that the Husband was all "sup bro! its cool, lets hug it out..."*hip bumps* it -is- pretty disappointing with the focus on emotions in this game they would have over looked or left out something that been a core part of the last 3 games

Unfortunately there is a lot of features that have been core parts of the last 2 - 3 games that they left out.
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    This may be the way I mostly play the sims (I either get friendship leveled up or romance leveled up first), but I have had sims stay angry for a day or so when they found their significant other just flirted with another sim...maybe the relationship bar need to be at a certain level or has to reach a coded number(that we can't see) before jealousy kicks in?
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Smarter Sims, Weirder Stories! Buy Sims 4 now

Banners.jpg
  • JessabiJessabi Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2014
    There seems to be conflicting reports on this, some simmers get reactions from their sims and others are in the same boat as you. I had a sim walk in on his wife in bed with another man just to see what would happen, and he got a sad moodlet (just about her flirting I might add), but he didn't actually DO anything! He just stood there for a moment then went and made himself something to eat!

Where's the drama EA?!
    tqyrtxpoh4bmngqnp2ap.gif
    4h2kiv.jpg

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yeah, jealousy in this game is so inconsistent that it has to be broken. I can't imagine that it's working as planned, especially since they've made it abundantly clear that this game centers around emotions and drama. Well, affairs are usually pretty freakin' emotional and dramatic.

Funny, that even though TS3's sims are often called "robotic" they show more consistent emotion when they are betrayed. But, that stupid reputation system in TS3... blah. :neutral_face: Anyway, I hope they look into getting this fixed so that it actually works.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You couldn't even cheat in S3 without the other one knowing (they were on the other side of town, but always knew right away)

HA.......after S3 I am taking full advantage of this in S4 until it gets fixed :p
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    There is a saying that goes 'if another man wants your wife, the best revenge is to let him have her'
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Affairs happen, but Sims are no longer psychic. If the affair is happening in a different room, they may never find out.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Sharing is caring </3
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
    If you can die from laughter in this game, they are doing a serious injustice by leaving out Heart break and love for that matter. Them getting all flirty seems more equivalent to just being very very 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

The sims in question where max bars. I keep playing with it now...nothing. He just completely ignores the fact that his wife is making out with his brother. o.O
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    From what I've been reading in multiple different cases, it seems that jealousy factors in depending on if family is involved. Apparently, if a Sim cheats, their partner doesn't seem to care if it's their partner's family member. I'm sure this wasn't meant to be the case, it's probably just a bug that they need to look into.

But maybe I'm wrong. Does anybody have a case where the cheating WASN'T with a family member, and the partner STILL doesn't care? I've also heard that cheating isn't regarded with jealousy until marriage has taken place. And like katoregama said, if they had done the deed before the partner entered the room, then they won't know about it. Unless the cheater admits it, which I guess can happen, probably through revealing some kind of secret or something like that.
    If you can die from laughter in this game, they are doing a serious injustice by leaving out Heart break and love for that matter. Them getting all flirty seems more equivalent to just being very very 🐸🐸🐸🐸. <br />
    <br />
    The sims in question where max bars. I keep playing with it now...nothing. He just completely ignores the fact that his wife is making out with his brother. o.O

Death from being heartbroken equates to death by sadness, but death by sadness is questionable. Some people could interpret death by sadness as suicide.
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    katoregama wrote: »
    If you can die from laughter in this game, they are doing a serious injustice by leaving out Heart break and love for that matter. Them getting all flirty seems more equivalent to just being very very 🐸🐸🐸🐸. <br />
    <br />

Death from being heartbroken equates to death by sadness, but death by sadness is questionable. Some people could interpret death by sadness as suicide.

To be honest, I think you could interpret most deaths by emotions as suicide. Sims have died via very embarrassed, very angry, etc. But I don't think Maxis meant it in this way, as that's far too dark of a theme for them to purposefully include.
    > @katoregama said:
    > Fortysheep wrote: »
    >
    > If you can die from laughter in this game, they are doing a serious injustice by leaving out Heart break and love for that matter. Them getting all flirty seems more equivalent to just being very very 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

>

> The sims in question where max bars. I keep playing with it now...nothing. He just completely ignores the fact that his wife is making out with his brother. o.O
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Death from being heartbroken equates to death by sadness, but death by sadness is questionable. Some people could interpret death by sadness as suicide.

The issue here is the male sim WALKED in on his WIFE and his effective best friend. I am now intentionally making them flirt and make out in-front of him and he has ZERO reaction.
    From what I've been reading in multiple different cases, it seems that jealousy factors in depending on if family is involved. Apparently, if a Sim cheats, their partner doesn't seem to care if it's their partner's family member. I'm sure this wasn't meant to be the case, it's probably just a bug that they need to look into.

But maybe I'm wrong. Does anybody have a case where the cheating WASN'T with a family member, and the partner STILL doesn't care? I've also heard that cheating isn't regarded with jealousy until marriage has taken place. And like katoregama said, if they had done the deed before the partner entered the room, then they won't know about it. Unless the cheater admits it, which I guess can happen, probably through revealing some kind of secret or something like that.

It can definitely happen within the same household I have tested this, as have other. With other family members, I'm not so sure. I haven't had sims related yet cheating.
    katoregama wrote: »
    <br />

To be honest, I think you could interpret most deaths by emotions as suicide. Sims have died via very embarrassed, very angry, etc. But I don't think Maxis meant it in this way, as that's far too dark of a theme for them to purposefully include.

No, they definitely didn't mean it that way, and I agree. Sims dying by anger I thought could have been handled more humorously, like they explode in a little mushroom cloud, or death by embarrassment, they do an overly-dramatic faint instead of just falling over.