Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Goals Poll

Comments

• RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    Radprofile wrote: »
    I'm between number 5 and number 2, option 2 could be more "fair" for everyone because is your decision to change it and don't affect anyone else, but at the same time, I feel more inclined to number 5, because it's a dev decision, and to be honest, it's not really a big deal, and in this games, I have noticed everyone want to make devs change things just because some people dislike them, change this change that, even if it's a minor thing, (of course there are some things that are really a bad decision that affect lots of players that surely needs to be added/removed).

So If I have to pick just one, option 5 (I kinda like it the way it is, because it gives me more to do than just see how the time pass), because we can't expect to change everything we dislike, there too much people playing the game, and different opinions, it's surely a nightmare for The Sims team to keep people happy.

@Radprofile, you don't have to pick just one. You can choose as many as you like. Does that change your answer from just #5?

And, yes, I agree developers make some tough decisions.

Nope, I keep #5. xD

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Ok. Added.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I like #5. Keep Sims 4 the way it is.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
  • SketchSketch Posts: 425 Member
    I would only take #7 if sims can auto-work because that will get boring after awhile. If not I am going with #5.
    Shj7guV.png
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    #5.

I wouldn't object to adding careers like #7, but I don't want that to replace #5.
  • cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    # 2
    I enjoy it the way it is now, but I understand not everyone does, so the option would be nice.
  • KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    #5, since I doubt the developers would change this goal system. Though I would want #6. ^_^
    I choose both. Can I do that? :o
    #5, since I doubt the developers would change this goal system. Though I would want #6. ^_^
    I choose both. Can I do that? :o

Yes, you can choose as many as you like.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
  • PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    I guess #2 or #3 feels ok for me
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I like 6 ... but add 3 options instead of just 2
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    #6: Keep the current Sims 4 career advancement style, but add an alternative to each career advancement requirement. So, for example, you could cook three meals *or* learn three new recipes to get a promotion instead of just having to cook three meals.

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    No to all changes (sorry for didn't even read them).
    The game is there as is. I don't see devs changing anything that is a core design just because a loud minority wants it. You've seen yesterday polarization on goalbased and nongoalbased players.

What can be done and I'd vote on it instantly is making game modes.
    You know how in other games when you start a new game it asks you to set difficulty on easy/normal/hard/nightmare or similar?

When you start a new game we need it to ask us this:
    - freeplay (no goals, no locked items, no social events tasks, etc)
    - standard play (as it's now)
    - standard play with all cheats disabled
    - legacy challenge (with restrictions from rules implemented as ingame mechanics)
    - 4 rooms challenge (I know it's still "developing" but I already see it'll be very popular)

Or something like that.
    All we need is gamemodes. Once you get bored in one mode, you make a new game to try another.
    Name me one person who would hate this. Okay, pguida probably would. So name me two persons. ;)
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

Yet you want me to read your post? Reciprocity is a reasonable expectation.

Yet you want me to read your post?
    Not really. I wrote the post for those who won't read the first one. :)
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    The game is there as is. I don't see devs changing anything that is a core design just because a loud minority wants it. You've seen yesterday polarization on goalbased and nongoalbased players.

What can be done and I'd vote on it instantly is making game modes.
    You know how in other games when you start a new game it asks you to set difficulty on easy/normal/hard/nightmare or similar?

When you start a new game we need it to ask us this:
    - freeplay (no goals, no locked items, no social events tasks, etc)
    - standard play (as it's now)
    - standard play with all cheats disabled
    - legacy challenge (with restrictions from rules implemented as ingame mechanics)
    - 4 rooms challenge (I know it's still "developing" but I already see it'll be very popular)

Or something like that.
    All we need is gamemodes. Once you get bored in one mode, you make a new game to try another.
    Name me one person who would hate this. Okay, pguida probably would. So name me two persons. ;)

I thought pguida got... Nevermind. ;) I would definitely want this. Sometimes I feel the urge to cheat, eventhough I want to play fair and square. :\ It's so hard.
    Oh, what is the 4 rooms challenge? :-?
    Oh, what is the 4 rooms challenge? :-?
    Sorry totally mistyped.
    It's this:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793808/sims-4-room-challenge/p1
    I love the idea myself, but got my game bugged so can't try it yet. :(

• Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I like number 2 the best.
    He/Him
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

For democracy.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited October 2014

Because choices are good. :smile: Also, this wouldn't affect the gameplay of people who like it as it is.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I could get behind #2 (because I could ignore it), #6, #7 (if my other Sims stop dropping tasks I've given them when I leave the lot), and #8 (if it's an "as well as" not an "instead of" to the current system). And I could live easily with #5.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.