Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Aurora Legacy

Comments

• capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    Eek, now I'm scared and don't want to check my Sims :(
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member

I wouldn't care if it weren't for the case that exploring genetics is one of my passions when it comes to the sims, so a bug making all male sims look alike is almost the worst case scenario for me..

Same here, love watching the genetics unfold each generation. In my game, I'm keeping aging off for everyone until we get a patch. I'm not playing a Legacy with rules so it's not much of a big deal, lol. But I hate knowing it's there.
  • capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member

I wouldn't care if it weren't for the case that exploring genetics is one of my passions when it comes to the sims, so a bug making all male sims look alike is almost the worst case scenario for me..

Same here, love watching the genetics unfold each generation. In my game, I'm keeping aging off for everyone until we get a patch. I'm not playing a Legacy with rules so it's not much of a big deal, lol. But I hate knowing it's there.

Maybe someone will make a horror story about it... Dun dun dunnnn.
  • GreenEyedTigressGreenEyedTigress Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2014
    Great legacy!

I have this bug, too. It affects both genders in my game. I've stopped playing my main legacy and am now playing an "experimental" legacy, so I can test helpful careers, rewards, traits, reward traits, legacy rules, collecting, etc. I don't particularly care about this one (thank goodness), because my heir died from a fire on a neighbor's lot. And the spare (female) "has the bug".
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Is it bad that I almost didn't notice until my last generation aged up? I think it's because the first spouse had smaller eyes. I just thought it was part of his genetics. I didn't think he looked bad but he wore sunglasses a lot. Also, my founder was styled after Asian appearances so everything looked pretty OK on my end. BUT, now that you mention it, I have noticed it a little.

ALSO, I started my legacy in the same neighborhood I had a previous two games located so we went through 2 or 3 generations before starting this one.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Megg87 wrote: »
    Is it bad that I almost didn't notice until my last generation aged up? I think it's because the first spouse had smaller eyes. I just thought it was part of his genetics.

I'm in the same boat. My second generation spouse had smaller eyes. I've been "cheating" a little and modifying them in full CAS after bringing them into the household. I don't know if it'll carry on in genetics or not.

The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Eudanil wrote: »
    The generated females are being effected too (see page 29), I've decided not to open the game until next patch. :\

I think Britta has it, her eyes really are rather tiny. I didn't notice at first because as a teen she always wore sunglasses. I won't change her in CAS (if the bug gets fixed), I'll just get creative with my breeding plans.

Is it bad that I have breeding schemes in my head? Bad Watcher!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Eek, now I'm scared and don't want to check my Sims :(

I know what you are thinking. I was in denial first too - then I started to check and the wool was pulled from my eyes...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

I would do this too (since I don't exactly play by the rules myself) but I don't want to start messing with toggling ages back and forth. I do hope they will find a fix soon though.

Nice to know that there are more geneticists out there ;) I had a field day with Supernatural and University in ts3, all the sims that couldn't be aged down for procreation with an elixir could be cloned. Oh the awesome sims I created :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Great legacy!

I have this bug, too. It affects both genders in my game. I've stopped playing my main legacy and am now playing an "experimental" legacy, so I can test helpful careers, rewards, traits, reward traits, legacy rules, collecting, etc. I don't particularly care about this one (thank goodness), because my heir died from a fire on a neighbor's lot. And the spare (female) "has the bug".

Thank you!

I am considering doing the same thing. Maybe a living off the land challenge or maybe a runaway teen challenge would be a good idea. As it is now I'm just browsing cc tumblers and adding stuff to my game.... :open_mouth:

I have also opened up ts3, and lo and behold I'm having fun with it. At least I have more time to play my mastodon legacy and once and for all conquer the Home Design Hotshot LTW, I have managed to get to 59 positive reviews so far.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Is it bad that I almost didn't notice until my last generation aged up? I think it's because the first spouse had smaller eyes. I just thought it was part of his genetics. I didn't think he looked bad but he wore sunglasses a lot. Also, my founder was styled after Asian appearances so everything looked pretty OK on my end. BUT, now that you mention it, I have noticed it a little.

ALSO, I started my legacy in the same neighborhood I had a previous two games located so we went through 2 or 3 generations before starting this one.

Not at all. I don't think it affects all sims the same way, and also, I don't think it matters super much unless you think genetics is a vital part of the game experience. As long as you are happy about your sims - who are we to judge? Have fun in game!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Roane wrote: »
    Is it bad that I almost didn't notice until my last generation aged up? I think it's because the first spouse had smaller eyes. I just thought it was part of his genetics.

I'm in the same boat. My second generation spouse had smaller eyes. I've been "cheating" a little and modifying them in full CAS after bringing them into the household. I don't know if it'll carry on in genetics or not.

I'm unsure of this as well. I'm also wondering if the reason Britta has such tiny eyes has something to do with Brycen having aged up to an elder before she became a teen? At what point are the genetics of the parents "fixed" in ts4? In ts3 they were "fixed" at birth (so a fat sim that had slimmed down on the treadmill but then let themselves go and their slim partner would always produce a slim child regardless of how fat they became later in game).
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Your signature brought me here. I like the way you write and you take great pictures.
    This one is adorable:

kiva71iamzl9h61fg.jpg

They are such a sweet family and you can tell you're really enjoying the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Your signature brought me here. I like the way you write and you take great pictures.

They are such a sweet family and you can tell you're really enjoying the game.

Thank you so much :)

I have such plans for this family-I just hope I can make them come true. Also, how nice to know my signature is actually working ;)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    @SALTPASTILLEN did you read the patch notes today? According to that, they've fixed the eye/jaw bug! Yay! Does that mean you'll play again and post more chapters? lol
    Shhh!

I've got your story bookmarked so I look forward to reading what you have in store.
    5JZ57S6.png
    RoseAzul wrote: »
    @SALTPASTILLEN did you read the patch notes today? According to that, they've fixed the eye/jaw bug! Yay! Does that mean you'll play again and post more chapters? lol

No I hadn't seen (been away on vacation) but that is great news indeed! I'm patching my game as I write and am so excited to get back to playing :)

I even have some saved screenies, so I might get enough for a chapter tomorrow!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Just to keep you all in the loop about the latest patch. What they did was roll back some settings to release date rather than the 10-1 ghost patch. The square jaw small eyes has been an issue for the YA stage since day one, but wasn't noticed until they messed it up more with the ghost patch. You may still have issues aging a teen to YA, but then it should revert to the normal features on aging to Adult. Here is the Guru response to the thread of this discussion.
    Hey Guys,

I wanted to to try to clarify some stuff involving this glitch for you.

1. We are aware that there are still cases where this glitch occurs. The main ones should be when teen males age up to YA's, and when YA's are created using random in CAS. We are actively looking into these existing issues.

2. The latest patch rolled back a change we made in the ghost patch. The ghost patch introduced the problem in all adult ages. We reverted it to base game functionality in the latest patch, which only had the problem in young adult ages.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • AloraCravenAloraCraven Posts: 9 New Member
    I have the sims 4, but I didn't get the 'ghost patch', isn't that supposed to be a free update or something?
  • EudanilEudanil Posts: 85 Member
    I have the sims 4, but I didn't get the 'ghost patch', isn't that supposed to be a free update or something?

If you have updated via Origin it is already in your game Alora
    Signature02.jpg
    simbody872 wrote: »
    Just to keep you all in the loop about the latest patch. What they did was roll back some settings to release date rather than the 10-1 ghost patch. The square jaw small eyes has been an issue for the YA stage since day one, but wasn't noticed until they messed it up more with the ghost patch. You may still have issues aging a teen to YA, but then it should revert to the normal features on aging to Adult. Here is the Guru response to the thread of this discussion.
    Hey Guys,

I wanted to to try to clarify some stuff involving this glitch for you.

1. We are aware that there are still cases where this glitch occurs. The main ones should be when teen males age up to YA's, and when YA's are created using random in CAS. We are actively looking into these existing issues.

2. The latest patch rolled back a change we made in the ghost patch. The ghost patch introduced the problem in all adult ages. We reverted it to base game functionality in the latest patch, which only had the problem in young adult ages.

All right, I'll get rolling anyways. At least only the YA age is affected now, and if I stick to my bug strategy and marry "imported" sims this shouldn't be as much of an issue as it was. I guess that any sons my sims have will be squished, but that is something I could live with in a matriarchy.

Going in game now (after having a cc downloading binge! Wow, how many awesome wallpapers there are out there now :) ).
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...

Yvonne: ...and then the alien will eat you!

Mom and Yvonne have a lot of things to talk about lately. I think mom relishes someone who has just as active imagination as dad had- and she also knows that Lucas and Mika are planning to leave soon. I just hope she won't expect me to procreate straight away...because frankly, I don't think I'm ready for kids just yet.

akt39ab85gi4xxlfg.jpg

Mom has also been spending a lot of time in the observatory gathering space prints for our collection. It gives her something to do that will keep her out of the way (and out of the fridge). All the duplicates are nice too, and collecting them makes her happier than creating video games. I think the career she chose wasn't right for her in the long run, but it is very profitable so it was certainly a great choice for a founder.

dfqkg5hg32nc93afg.jpg

Mika is still as addicted as ever to the tablet. Mom says she'll have to leave it here when she moves - or she'll never get anything done at the new house!

ghfhvmigq5rfcirfg.jpg

I was so torn about what to think about a future partner - but when Cannon showed up out of the blue again (he's the only one except Cory who does that of the guys I've met so far) I took the plunge and asked him to move in. Just as a friend mind you - I think we need to get to know each other a bit more before trying something romantic again.

39duusvxda8webifg.jpg

What would you know - as soon as Cannon had accepted Cory shows up! It was kind of awkward - I pretended I didn't see him through the doors - eventually he went away. I know it was badly done of me, but I couldn't face his disappointed face. Is it my fault that he is more attracted to me than I am to him? I don't think so...

cpppvqqzpdngjvkfg.jpg

Jeanette aged up gloomy, or at least that's how she looked because she was about to starve to death. Luckily we have cake (don't we always) so she lives to mope another day. She looks very much like her sister, only she has Lucas light skin color and Mika's hair color.

bn47w1f9n5r4pmnfg.jpg

Despite Yvonne's initial rejection of her new sibling, the girls became fast friends once Jeanette was old enough to play with her.

260373vl6ifwy6ofg.jpg

Jeanette has the dubious pleasure of trying to complete the rambunctious scamp aspiration while being saddled with the lazy trait. Also, another hurdle is her having to rely on Lucas and Mika to set fire on her behind - since they are moving out. Even so, she made a great start on the monkey bars and soon gained to levels of the motor skill.

ll7mlsbct79b7g6fg.jpg

Cannon took to life in Brycen Mannor like a log on fire. He's childish and found great joy and contentment playing with the doll house.

Cannon:*Playing with the doll he's named Britta* Yes my darling Cannon I will marry you...

r4mnlr637181wy4fg.jpg

Cannon has the angler aspiration, and since the family only boasts of one mounted perch at this point, this is great for the family collection! He's only been fishing close to the house so far, but is already increasing in skill fast.

mf8k304zbv9pcqkfg.jpg

Then the day we had all been waiting for arrived. Yvonne had her teen birthday.

7g7dpeq7887f6qffg.jpg

Her face is remarcably similar to her mothers and she's such a cutie! She's also rather hefty - but hey - that runs in the family... She's a bro who wishes for a big happy family.

qjgbdarwdokjriefg.jpg

Midst all the celebration there were also tears, Lucas told mom they were moving out. They said goodbye and I know both of them were fighting off tears. This really was a step towards moving on with this legacy.

Good bye Lucas, Mika, Yvonne and Jeanette. You will be missed, and I hope we still see each other (not just around the holidays either!).

id302k4usj1p2fcfg.jpg

The house is rather empty now, but soon Melker's darling Jasmine will move in and they will get started on those grandkids. I will work on my career and the relationship with Cannon and mom will be out in the backyard in her beloved observatory.

Life would be pretty idyllic if it weren't for the senior citizens creeping around outside in the dark. This time it was Malcolm Landgraab who walked around the house stopping and trying to peek into windows. Who knows who'll be next?

qymbc24tblvdi3afg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Nice update!
    (I like the little jokes and winks in between)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    AWESOME! Updates at last! Hope you had a good vacation Salt!
    Shhh!

• EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    edited October 2014
    Great update! I'm glad that that glitch is reasonable fixed so I can read more of your updates.
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge