Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite TS3 expansion pack and stuff pack and why?

Hey fellow simmers! Just wanted to know what your opinions were about your favourite expansion pack and stuff pack and why did you like it!

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Favorite expansion: Seasons, it adds a whole new level of realism to the game that I can't imagine playing without at this point.
    I don't own any stuff packs, since you pay too much for too little stuff, not worth it.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SirCumberbatchSirCumberbatch Posts: 377 Member
    Hm... Expansion: World Adventures. I love all the missions and tombs. The only thing I didn't like was the break you had to take after your vacation :\
    And also, @thepinkwitch for some reason your avatar's face reminds me of Karen Gillan. I thought I might point it out.
    tumblr_m4xgcv68oS1rogkjio1_500.gif
  • Options
    thepinkwitchthepinkwitch Posts: 1,577 Member
    Haha lol thats weird @SirCumberbatch
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2014
    All of them working together. <3

I love having a large nectary. My sims grow the grapes and fruits in the spring and summer and make nectar in the Fall and winter from the produce stock pile. I do continue growing the important plants in a greenhouse during the fall and winter. So that's World Adventures and Seasons right there.

When I need a break from the Normal, I go to Supernatural for some magic.

I love my geeks and science freaks. University is a major contributor for that. My art sims get some love too. Throw in Into The Future and it's Nerd Nirvana.

I can't really pick one EP.
    Of my stuff packs, I love Diesel and Master Suite.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Please can I have two ? Seasons just love making snow angels and there is so much to do. Favourite object has to be the tanning booth :)

However there is Supernatural with all those different life states. I watched a zombie attack an alien it was both horrifying and funny at the same time :)

Both those EPs are great for building as is the Outdoor Living SP.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    CamillahaCamillaha Posts: 96 Member
    My top three EPs are...
    Ambitions, Supernatural and Island Paradise. Which one of these is my favorite depends on how I'm playing at the moment. So now that I have a beautiful player created cc world I like the outdoor activities from IP, tents and windsurfing etc. So my favorite right now is... ISLAND PARADISE!!
    My favorite and thee only stuff pack I ever bought is 70's 80's 90's stuff.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    1. World Adventures
    2. Supernatural

I don't want to miss any of them though ;) For me it's all of them working together as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    friend_in_handfriend_in_hand Posts: 68 Member
    EP - Late Night, Seasons or Pets. I can't decide. The holy trinity perhaps.

As for Stuff Packs, I've always had a hankering for High End Loft Stuff. Diesel has ~some~ nice things but falls short overall.
    WET PAINT
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I can't limit myself to just one. There are about four that I couldn't play my game ( and really enjoy it ) without. Late Night, Supernatural, World Adventures and Ambitions.
    For stuff packs... I don't have all of them anyway, but I do love Outdoor Living and Town Life. 70's 80's and 90's stuff is fun too.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    If I really had to choose just one expansion, it would probably be Seasons. Although I love every EP just as equally and can't imagine playing without them, it would just be really strange to go back to an eternal Summer.

My favorite stuff pack is probably 70's 80's and 90's Stuff, love dem old school styles even though I wasn't part of those eras :)
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love having all of my Sims 3 collection working together and want to have the entire collection before too long.I also love how all of the Mods I use work with the game to make it playable and enjoyable.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    My gameplay is very family heavy. I love playing large families more than anything else, so I think Generations would be my favorite and anything that just adds to it like Pets (I especially love all the minor pets and horses!) Seasons for the holiday fun, Ambitions, World Adventures and Island Paradise whenever my family needs a break from work and school.

I rarely play with other Life States, but I do enjoy Supernatural every now and then. Maybe in the future, I'll start up a family full of Supernaturals (if I don't forget about it or I'm not too lazy, lol.)

As for Stuff Packs...I enjoy them all. I'm not too too fond of Movie Stuff. There's maybe one female outfit I like and that's one of the horror movie themed ones. I can see that being used for a witch or maybe a vampire, but other than that, it's the stuff pack I use the least.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    My favorite would have to be Supernatural. Normal sims are boring--At least to me.
    Of the stuff packs I have Diesel is my favorite.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    Gosh, I'd be hard pressed to say. Supernatural is probably the EP whose features I use most. I can't go without my fairy or witch Sims! (And with Twallan's hybrid mods, the real question is, "Why not both?!?") Unicorns are awesome too. All my Sims families have Pets, too, and I like the object sets and CAS stuff that comes with it. But I use all of the EPs to some extent. World Adventures is probably one of my faves for the Nectar making--like CK, I do a lot of that--though it's also really nice to just go on vacation when I want a change of scenery. I get my Sims' book-reading and ice-sculpting caught up then.

Of the Stuff Packs, Master Suite Stuff is probably the one I use most, but I really like some of the objects and clothes from the Movie one--the Western theme in that pack recolors nicely. And say what you want about the Katy Perry SP, the clothes and hairs are indeed awful and weirdly inappropriate, but I really like the playful, colorful objects/build stuff from it. I don't use it often though; it's just so specialized that it doesn't lend itself to most of the stuff I like to build lately.
  • Options
    CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    Hard to say. At this time I'm playing Supernatural family. I coupled a vampire and a fairy together and now they have 2 babies (the oldest is a vampire boy and the younger is a fairy girl). There also live the vampire's younger sister with her (now senior) husband and their 2 daughters in the house, but the husband soon will die (because of age, don't worry) and the sisters have to move out, because I want more fairy kids.
    Maybe I shouldn't have set a long life duration, because the supernaturals still are young adults and do not really seam to grow older.

But I also love seasons, pets and generations. These are the ones I play most. What I like most is beeing able to play them altogether. This is what the Sims are for me: this giant world full of possibilities. This also is the reason why I haven't bought TS4 (yet). At the new Sims I would miss too many things. I think this will change one day, when there are a few more EP for TS4 with things like toddlers, pets, seasons and so on. But let's wait a year more and then see...
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    Very hard to only pick one! For me, it's a four way tie between Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, and Into the Future
    But ITF is probably my favourite
    Although a lot of people disliked this one but I absolutely love it! I love the ultra-modern style of Oasis Landing, the build and buy content, hoverboards and jetpacks, plumbots and bot building, indoor/rooftop gardens and much more. Adds in a lot of fun stuff IMO :)
    Close second is IP for the houseboats, scuba diving and Isla Paradiso.
    University because I just love the whole "college" thing, even in TS2 I sent most of my Sims through university. And it adds plenty of new content.
    And Seasons for the obvious reasons: weather and plenty of new gameplay

For stuff packs, I only have High End Loft Stuff and Master Suite stuff, because they were the only ones that really appealed to me at all, so it's hard to say which is my favourite, but I'll say Master Suite because I tend to use the furniture from that one more often.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Of the EPs I have (WA, Amb, LN, Gen, Pets, Seasons) Seasons is currently my favorite. I'm especially looking forward to trying it with the Tempest mod from NRaas that I downloaded last night. I would uninstall Gen if I could customize the life cycle sliders without it. (Of course I would miss shower WooHoo but could live without it to get rid of the rest of the EP.) It would be hard to give up any of the others.

Of the stuff packs I have H-ELS, FL, TL, Master S, and Diesel. Diesel is currently my favorite but Fast Lane has a sofa, love seat and desk I use in almost all my houses so that would be hard to give up.
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @cwaddell If you ever really want to uninstall Generations, you would still be able to customize the life cycle sliders, if you mean the option panel to set up how many days sims should live. If you patch your game to the latest version, even just the base game has that option. The patch will also add memories without Generations being installed, swimming in the ocean without Seasons and assignable beds without University Life. Shower WooHoo is not available without the EP, though. ;)
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @cwaddell If you ever really want to uninstall Generations, you would still be able to customize the life cycle sliders, if you mean the option panel to set up how many days sims should live. If you patch your game to the latest version, even just the base game has that option. The patch will also add memories without Generations being installed, swimming in the ocean without Seasons and assignable beds without University Life. Shower WooHoo is not available without the EP, though. ;)

I like to shorten the baby stage to the shortest - 2 days; the toddler stage to 5 days; leave the child and teen stage at the default; shorten the elder stage to 7 days; then lengthen the Y adult stage to 28 days and the adult stage to 27 days. All this leaves the life span at the same 90 days but lengthens the stages I like the most. I don't think I can do that without Generations.

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »

I like to shorten the baby stage to the shortest - 2 days; the toddler stage to 5 days; leave the child and teen stage at the default; shorten the elder stage to 7 days; then lengthen the Y adult stage to 28 days and the adult stage to 27 days. All this leaves the life span at the same 90 days but lengthens the stages I like the most. I don't think I can do that without Generations.

Yes, you can. I don't have Generations and I have that option panel and change the duration of the life stages as well. They added this feature of Generations with the patch as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    cwaddell wrote: »

Yes, you can. I don't have Generations and I have that option panel and change the duration of the life stages as well. They added this feature of Generations with the patch as well.

Thanks, I'll have to uninstall Gen again. The time I did it recently I must have done something wrong.

Edit to add: I know what the issue was - it happened yesterday and I still have Gen installed. When I went into options from the Main Menu / game selection, I could not move the life cycle sliders. But when I went into options after I was in one of my games then I could. That is probably what I did before.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    Ablueidgirl2Ablueidgirl2 Posts: 444 Member
    The only pack I have completely loved in full was Makin' Magic, I loved all decor, clothes, game play, everything.

In S3, there's bits and pieces here and there in each pack that I love so it's really hard to pick one pack over the others.

WA, I love the photography trait and the nectary. Sometimes I like the tombs as it provides a change of pace/scenery to my regular game playing.

Seasons, love the weather and some of the seasonal activities are pretty cool.

SN, love all the decor items, the clothes options, FINALLY elf ears and fairies. HATE the zombies, I knew I would and was really hoping this was a feature that could be turned off. Alas, I was wrong.

LN, the city aspect is new and cool. Usually games have been based in suburbia or the country side. Hated how they did the celebrity thing though, it's way too easy to get to 5 star.

University, I love all the new extra elements that came with it, though I hate the university campus itself. The social thing really annoys me too.

Ambitions, love being self employed and the other extra jobs like being a fire fighter, detective, etc. I haven't tried all of them yet, just the firefighting job.

Generations, the only thing I really liked about generations is the decor and the bunk beds. Some of the game playing stuff is cool too but most is stuff I can go without.

Pets, love the pets I just wish there was more to them. Horses & unicorns are awesome but I have to say I like the game playing part of S2 Pets more. Wasn't crazy about Appaloosa Plains either. Love the decor though.

Island paradise, love the ladders and Ilsa Pardiso as well as the mysterious islands scattered everywhere. The diving is pretty cool. I don't get to play this one much as my computer has a hard time running it smoothly.

Do not have Showtime or the Future pack. So i guess over all, Seasons would be my most liked packed
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    My favorite EP of all time has to be Open For Business for TS2. I played that one constantly after it was released. Every one of my Sims age Teen and up owned a business (or 5). It was so much fun coming up with different types of businesses. I really miss it.

For TS3 my favorite pack would be Island Paradise. I was going to says Seasons, but reconsidered - I really love playing with houseboats, swimming in the oceans (and lakes) was great, Scuba Diving was a fun skill and I never had any lag in Isla Paradiso. In fact, Isla Paradiso is probably my favorite world (although right now I'm playing in Midnight Hollow). Seasons almost ties with Generations, though. Seasons beats out Generations only because most of the stuff in Generations should have been in the base game. Supernatural gets 4th place, which is a surprise for me because I only bought it for the objects - I was certain I wouldn't want to play any of the supernatural life-states, but discovered that Witch-Sims are awfully fun.

I'm not really found of the rest of the EPs that I have: World Adventures is too game-directed (and I hate how the tombs don't reset), Ambitions is the same (and the jobs are too repetitive), the pets in Pets take up too much of my Sim's time to be fun, University bored the pants off of me and while Late Night was good, I always had trouble with Bridgeport (plus the bars are empty). I never bothered to get Showtime (too much like Ambitions) or Into the Future (I'm not that interested).

The only SP I have is Town Life - and I only have that because it was free. I would have been interested in Outdoor Life and Fast Lane if they had been much cheaper - SPs just don't seem to be worth the cost.

You didn't ask, but my favorite pieces of Store Content are probably the Multitab 6000 (Premium Content), the Full Regal Living set (Sets), Midnight Hollow (World) and Serenity Retreat (Venue).

Interesting topic!
  • Options
    Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    I would have to say that Generations is my favorite. I play a lot of families, so it's features fit best with my game play. I recently re-installed Supernatural and am realizing how much I enjoy this expansion as well. Sometimes I prefer "normal" sims, but the supernatural element really adds to the fun of the game as well.
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Supernatural is my fave Sims 3 EP, because I love the new lifestates and making them in CAS. The clothes, objects, and décor were great too. Around this time and with the next two EP's the game really started feeling complete, so I would have to say that the next best are Seasons and University Life.

With stuff packs, I like Movie Stuff and Master Suite Stuff for the clothes.