March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KaylyRed's Creations - [NEW] The Celestory - Mid-century Modern Ranch

KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello everyone!

I decided that since I've taken a break from building the Americana and kit homes that my original gallery thread was created for, I would create a new thread to highlight some of the other homes I've been building so I won't have to start a new thread for each one. I hope you enjoy my humble little builds.

TO DOWNLOAD: Search KaylyRed in the Gallery.

Click the build name to go to the individual post and see more images.

[NEW!] The Celestory

10_19_14_10_01_PM.png

[NEW!] Sacred Grounds Cafe (Community Lot / Wedding Venue)

10_18_14_2_57_AM_2.png

The Woodhaven

10_11_14_11_14_PM_2.png

Storybrook Cottage

10_10_14_1_00_AM.png

Brookvale Estate

10_06_14_12_50_AM_3.png

Suffolk Manor

09_22_14_8_39_AM.png

Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

Post edited by KaylyRed on

Comments

• KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    edited October 2014
    STORYBROOK COTTAGE

I wanted to build something that looked like it came out of a fairytale. This 1 bedroom, 1 bath cottage is the result.

#cottage #fairytale #NoCC

10_10_14_1_00_AM.png

10_10_14_12_41_AM_2.png

10_10_14_12_39_AM.png

10_10_14_12_40_AM.png

10_10_14_12_56_AM.png

Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Lovely, I like the bridge. And you guys all make very smart interiors.
  • Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work, I really like it B)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Storybrook is so cute! Love the playful use of roofing!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    Cool houses!
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    It definitely looks storybook-ish! I love the roofs and the ponds - beautiful!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Storybrook Cottage is such a very nice home! :) It does look like it has come from a very nice fairytale! Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is very nice! The texture of the exterior looks great. The dormer and tower looks great. It looks so very nice how you have done the curved water pools! The front entrance bridge over the top of the water looks very nice. The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the home. It is such a nice scene for sims to look at their home when they arrive home! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Great design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there. The kitchen wall texture looks great. It looks nice the fluorescent lights that you have used there. Great bar stool counter. The type of curtains that you have used there looks nice. The island bar stool and sink counter is great! Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have placed the table behind the sofa and placed the candles and books on it. Nice comfortable sofa and armchairs that you have placed there for sims to enjoy sitting resting there watching TV. and having a chat. Nice study desk nook area near the front door for sims to enjoy sitting at the table reading a book or using a computer. The coat stand there is a nice homely touch. Nice colour that you have used in the bedroom. Sims will enjoy looking out through their bedroom windows at what is happening outdoors.
    It is a very nice home ! :)
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    SO cute!! I love the proportions and the landscaping sets it off beautifully! Lovely work :)
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Definitely looks like a cottage out of a story book! It's a lovely build!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @kaylyred - Storybrook is great! Well done with using those fountains to create ponds. It really gives it more character! I like how you brought everything together in the bedroom with that darker wall color and the roof lines on this cottage are gorgeous! Great job!
    5sXtTqH.png
    edited October 2014
    THE WOODHAVEN

Classic lines meet modern amenities and style in The Woodhaven! #NoCC #kaylyred

10_11_14_11_15_PM.png
    10_11_14_11_14_PM_2.png
    10_11_14_10_17_PM.png
    10_11_14_7_03_PM.png
    10_11_14_10_17_PM_2.png
    10_11_14_10_17_PM_3.png
    10_11_14_10_18_PM.png
    10_11_14_10_18_PM_2.png

(On the left is The Marquette.)
    Post edited by KaylyRed on

• Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I like the color palette for it. The different shades of brown you used really make certain parts pop!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • CayreesCayrees Posts: 147 Member
    i love all your houses but STORYBROOK COTTAGE is rly awesome! :) like ponds around, nice idea... look very nice :)
  • tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    Your storybook cottage is beautiful! You've furnished it in a perfectly cosy fashion, and I can wholeheartedly agree with everyone else in that the roof is wonderfully done, and I love the landscaping too. I've often marvelled at the various storybook cottages people have built in TS2/3/and-now-4 over the years but have never attempted one myself. That's probably a good thing as I doubt I'd reach the heights set by simmers such as you! :p

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Woodhaven as well- it seems to fit perfectly in Willow Creek. Definitely a future download for me there! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    KAYLY!!!! WOW! :o I am in love with your storybook cottage! So magical! <3 Loving the architecture and the garden! Cute and cosy interiors! Great job! Already favourited in the gallery! Your new WIP looks stunning too! Love the architecture again. Can't wait to see more pics. :D
    @JBEAR1, @Rc_shabba, @BryonyRae, @opod67, @MonaLisaJones, @rosemow, @ruthless_kk, @Tiki5872, @Ash072, @Cirya, @tdewd, @yanti68 - Thank you all for your very kind comments! <3

The Woodhaven is now uploaded to the Gallery. I spent some time (er, a couple hours longer than I intended to) play testing it last night and I feel it's ready for prime time. :)

• MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    I just moved my family into Brookvale Estate, it's great, I love it! It was a tough decision, because your other homes look amazing, too :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Woodhaven is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing is very nice, and it looks nice very how you have placed the windows in the build. Nice front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat there watching the sims pass by their home. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers and rocks in the front corner porch nook area of the home. Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! The texture of the kitchen wall looks nice and it looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and counters ! The texture of the furnishings you have used in the kitchen looks great. The fruit bowl on the counter, the fruit pictures on the nearby wall next to the door and the menu board on the wall are nice kitchen touches. The type of wall lights that you have used in the kitchen give a nice light effect. Great bar stool counter for sims to enjoy sitting at and eating a meal. The coat stand and wall shelf near the front door are nice home touches for sims to see as they enter the home. Nice sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchairs there, having a chat whilst enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows behind the sofa. The patterned floor rug there adds a nice look. It looks nice how you have placed the globe, books and candles on the table behind the sofa. Very nice living and study room. Sims will enjoy sitting at the window study desk table using the computer and at the same time enjoy looking out through the windows at the outside views. The fishbowl is nice and restful for sims to look at whilst sitting there. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa watching tv in front of the fire. The floor rug in the master bedroom and the colour of the bedroom curtains looks very nice together. The blue with green colour scheme of the bathroom looks very nice.
    It is a great home! :)
  • sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    Wow... How did I miss this? Wonderful new builds :) I really love the landscape, architecture and the fountains on the storybook cottage!!!
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Beautiful builds, the cottage is my favorite. :blush: I love the pond with the entrance walkway, creative! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    MrGodard wrote: »
    I just moved my family into Brookvale Estate, it's great, I love it! It was a tough decision, because your other homes look amazing, too :)

@MrGodard, I always love to hear that someone's using one of my builds for a family. Thanks for telling me! That makes my day. :smiley:

@rosemow, thanks as always for your very thoughtful comments. Thank you, @sashraf and @Chris2fer03!

• lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    Kayly, beautiful work as always! :) The kitchen in The Woodhaven, oh my..I love it! :D
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • jenba72jenba72 Posts: 44 Member
    Your houses are absolutely beautiful! So creative! <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Storybrook Cottage is a truly awesome build, it really does look fresh out of a storybook, beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg