Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't/won't woohoo in double bed.

So, I don't know what's going on. I click on my sim, select woohoo with them, they start heading toward the bedroom. Problem: they walk to their kid's room and I don't want the parents woohooing in their child's bed. So, I go and click their bed, select woohoo, and they act all excited about getting laid, and then.... nothing happens. The action disappears from the queue, and they just stand there stupidly staring at one another. They can both sleep in the bed together, I checked to make sure there wasn't some invisible object blocking the bed. I've moved the bed into an empty room and tried, still no luck. Then, I say to myself, "Gee, I wonder if their teenage son can mess around in it." So I try that and it works, but he can't mess around in his own bed. If someone can shed some light on this it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sorry but woohooing works normal in my game.
    Including killing by woohooing.

Try the game without mods, if doesn't help, reinstall the game.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Can they in other parts of the house ?.Maybe a new bed or rebuild the bedroom in another part of the house.
  • Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    Have you tried resetting the sims? That's always my first troubleshooting option when sims develop an aversion to a specific object.
    Ctrl+Shift+C then type (without quotes): "resetsim firstname lastname" (replacing firstname and lastname with the actual names..) I'd do it for both, since it could just be one of them who can't get there, but we don't know which.
  • Options
    Tart4cusTart4cus Posts: 14 New Member
    I had this problem but resetting the bed and a game restart sorted it for me
  • Options
    Cindyjo5477Cindyjo5477 Posts: 81 Member
    I am having the same issue. Also i notice when i send the one spouse to bed the other spouse that is already sleeping will get kicked out of the bed. I have tried resetting all sims in the house and buying new beds, even moving them into different rooms. They can woohoo in the sons bed and the son can woohoo in the Parents bed but not their own. I even played a different household thinking it was just this one household. Turns out that this happens in all my played households. I will also take any suggestions if anyone knows a fix to this. Its not a big deal just really annoying.
    Come check out my new Let's Plays

YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC8D-qr5zK1MQehcwlCE06ew
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    edited October 2014
    You have kinky Sims and they want a Rocket and Observatory to woohoo in?

Hmmm. Any other word that I can think of for the word that got plummed, would probably be plummed also. So just think along the lines of a feather duster. You'll figure it out.
    Post edited by Igg on
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    When I make a family, as soon as they get tired, I click on the bed I want them to sleep in. After that first time, they go to their bed every time on their own.
    If I let them pick a bed on their own, they are in different beds than I want them to be in.
    Not had any problem in the woohoo department :p
    Since it is happening in the other households, I don't know what to tell you! Sorry :\
  • Options
    Hippieinblack1221Hippieinblack1221 Posts: 24 New Member
    I've taken all the mods out, bought all new furniture, even bought another house for them and it still happens. There's no problem when I tell them to woohoo in the observatory or the rocket ship. I've already tried resetting the sims and re-installing the game. This is really starting to get annoying.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Are you doing try for baby whoo? Cause I had a couple who would not whoo when I did try for baby, it turned out that I had two couples in my house and one couple was having 4 babies so the other couple could not try for baby because the house was already tech full.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I was over on the bug site and I read about a bug with certain beds. I remembered it because one of my test families couldn't use the beds in the house (one of the expensive ones in Oaisis whateveritis) to woohoo. At least, I couldn't get the interaction from clicking on the bed, though it showed up with the sims just fine.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Just woohoo in their child's room then.
  • Options
    LayMollsLayMolls Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having the exact same issue. I clicked on one of my Sims and selected "Try for Baby", but they were headed to the wrong bed. I cancelled the interaction, and selected it again from the bed that I wanted them in. They both started the interaction, but when the time came for the action to change to the bed, it disappeared from both of their queues. I tried it with either Sim, and with every double bed in the house (there are three.) Finally, I just bought an observatory. Luckily, my Sim had just married her phenomenally wealthy boyfriend...

Has anyone else at this problem at all? Any fixes? Now they won't WooHoo in ANY double bed. There doesn't seem to be any real resolution in this thread... but I'm kind of concerned because it now seems to be affecting all beds.
  • Options
    Just put twin beds in all the rooms but the main one. Let that be the woohoo bed :D
  • Options
    The problem isn't that they are going to the wrong bed though. The problem is that they now can't Woohoo *at all*, even if there is only one double bed on the lot. Does that make sense? They both accept the interaction, do that (hilarious) fist pump into the air, and then the action disappears from their queue. At this point, they can Woohoo in any bed they want, just to show me that it's not a serious bug (heh).
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 2014
    So, I don't know what's going on. I click on my sim, select woohoo with them, they start heading toward the bedroom. Problem: they walk to their kid's room and I don't want the parents woohooing in their child's bed. So, I go and click their bed, select woohoo, and they act all excited about getting laid, and then.... nothing happens. The action disappears from the queue, and they just stand there stupidly staring at one another. They can both sleep in the bed together, I checked to make sure there wasn't some invisible object blocking the bed. I've moved the bed into an empty room and tried, still no luck. Then, I say to myself, "Gee, I wonder if their teenage son can mess around in it." So I try that and it works, but he can't mess around in his own bed. If someone can shed some light on this it'd be much appreciated.

When the interaction falls off, it is because the ONE bed that the game targets for woohoo has someone in it. If you have 3 double beds in the house, the game will choose one for woohoo. Doesn't matter which one you click on, the sims will head to that targeted bed, if it's empty. If you delete that bed, you'll still have the same problem with the other two beds. The game will choose one of them for woohoo. And when the targeted bed is occupied, clicking another bed won't work! The interaction fails after the fist pump.

So, don't let any sims go to sleep in the bed the game chooses. Always keep the bed open for woohooing.

If the bed is in a child's room, delete it, run the interaction so another bed gets targeted, then repurchase the child bed.
    They need to fix this, obviously. But I don't understand how this bad programming got past the testing department, if they have one.

Now if you only have one bed on the lot, and nobody is in it or has it in their queue, and your sims won't use the bed for woohoo when you click on it, you have some other issue, like a mod maybe?

• Options
    No mods (never! I'm a purist. :) ) Can't test it now, but I have a feeling that will probably fix it. Thank you SO much for the tip!
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    I had this happen in one game--what I did was to reset the sims that couldn't woohoo, delete all beds then place one double bed then have my reset sims woohoo. I then placed another double bed then had another couple woohoo then did this again for the last couple. The original bed that they all wanted to use was replaced with a single bed. This has worked for two of the three couples(single household) in my game.
  • Options
    I only have one full size bed, the rest is all twin beds.
    I have Don L. (we all know where this is going) and he has been in that big bed with two different women and working on a third :s smh

Don't know what to tell you except move to another house, bulldoze that one, or get them ghosts out of the bed!
  • Options
    RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    I've had this same problem but it wasn't until I had it happen on my second couple in the household that I started looking for a solution. I managed to get around it (this time at least) by waking up everyone that was in a double-bed, setting one couple to woohoo, then setting the second couple to woohoo, and then setting the third single person to go back to sleep. I'm not sure if it'll stick, but seems like the occupied bed bit might be a thing. I did notice that one half of my first married couple was sleeping in her sister's (single) bed instead of in the double-bed with her husband. I'd been out and about with another Sim and came back to/loaded in the house with them like that.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2014

It's a bug being reported by a lot of people. Hopefully someone has mentioned it in the Sims 4 bug thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Edit
    It's been reported at the link so hopefully it gets fixed.
  • Options
    Jasmine01Jasmine01 Posts: 73 Member
    "Do you have the woo-hoo DLC? The house DLC? The DLC DLC? The bed DLC?" -EA technical support
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd try a Repair Game -- open Origin and go to the My Games page, right click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair Game. Maybe there's some sort of glitch that got introduced.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I'd try a Repair Game -- open Origin and go to the My Games page, right click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair Game. Maybe there's some sort of glitch that got introduced.

I think this is a game bug and repairing thru origin won't fix it. It needs fixing with a patch. It's in the bug thread at the link I posted on the last page.

• Options
    Jasmine01 wrote: »
    "Do you have the woo-hoo DLC? The house DLC? The DLC DLC? The bed DLC?" -EA technical support

I would love a woohoo and other interaction dlc pack. Too bad we'll never get one from EA.

• Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    I am having the same issue. Also i notice when i send the one spouse to bed the other spouse that is already sleeping will get kicked out of the bed. I have tried resetting all sims in the house and buying new beds, even moving them into different rooms. They can woohoo in the sons bed and the son can woohoo in the Parents bed but not their own. I even played a different household thinking it was just this one household. Turns out that this happens in all my played households. I will also take any suggestions if anyone knows a fix to this. Its not a big deal just really annoying.

I have the same issue i have tried to reset sims/beds buying new beds repair game/restart game change house and still is the same so finally i get bored with this and i cheated with never weary award so they are not sleeping anymore my biggest problem its when all my sims are back from work and they need to woohoo because i have a family with 8 sims and they all try to use the same bed and not the selected one
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top