March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple Outfits Per Category

I heard this was added but I do not see it in my game. I have the update, I know because I've already seen ghosts (once). I am really bummed. The area in which the extra bar is supposed to show up when you add the outfits isn't there. It's just like normal... Is this happening to anyone else? Or is there another update I need or is this just some MOD?

Comments

• mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited October 2014
    It came with the base game, not a patch. When you're on the #1 outfit (the sunshine) there's an arrow over the sun, click that it will give you #2 for every day and so forth.
    Hope I explained that well.

2ywsjea.jpg
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    I never knew you could have numerous outfits! Interesting, thanks.
  • briannamichelle000briannamichelle000 Posts: 196 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    It came with the base game, not a patch. When you're on the #1 outfit there's an arrow over the 1, click that it will give you #2 for every day.

You explained perfectly. Thank you!
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    It's nice because every time they shower they'll put whatever on and you can see all your outfits. You can switch out the accessories and hairstyle as well. I have five everyday outfits and 2 or 3 of everything else. I wish there were more clothes to really enjoy this feature more.

Side note: by playing around with layering leggings under shorts you can make a few unique looks.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    OP, I'm so glad you asked. I couldn't figure out how to make them either when I selected wedding clothes for my sims last night. I'll still need to reset their formal wear, but at least now I'll know how to do this next time! Thanks to everyone who answered.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    I love it that they will change their outfits without you having to bother doing it. In TS3 I rarely had extra outfits cos I just couldn't be bothered to put them into something different. But now I go mad and give everyone various styles for all the different occasions. They even get more then one sleepwear outfit :D

@hmae123 I agree though, I wish there were more clothes to enjoy. Hopefully, when an ep comes out we will get plenty more for all the age groups.
    I really love dressing the children, so many options and designs, can't wait for more.
  • KrystabelaKrystabela Posts: 143 Member
    I didn't even know this. Thanks for sharing the information now I can outfit my sims even more. :D
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    It's really sad that anyone was left not knowing about this awesome feature! I make 4 outfits for each category for every sim. Now they can have a "style" that isn't just one colour, or always formal, etc. I love that they randomly select one of their options from the appropriate category. One of the features that is NEW and sets Sims 4 apart from the rest in the series <3
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited October 2014
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    It's really sad that anyone was left not knowing about this awesome feature! I make 4 outfits for each category for every sim. Now they can have a "style" that isn't just one colour, or always formal, etc. I love that they randomly select one of their options from the appropriate category. One of the features that is NEW and sets Sims 4 apart from the rest in the series <3

You can make 5 per category.

• Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    OMG I was wondering why this feature was missing!! Thanks for making this post
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have mixed feelings seeing I knew about this ever since I first got my hands on the CAS demo in August.

It's really nice though. Also, get this - your sims pick their OWN clothes to wear after they get out of the shower! (Only works when you have at least 1 other outfit in Everyday category) They never wear the same Everyday outfit they wore the day before after getting out of the shower.
    // take me back to 2018.
    I heard this was added but I do not see it in my game. I have the update, I know because I've already seen ghosts (once). I am really bummed. The area in which the extra bar is supposed to show up when you add the outfits isn't there. It's just like normal... Is this happening to anyone else? Or is there another update I need or is this just some MOD?

Yes, thank you, many didn't know.

• SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Thank you. I didn't know this.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    OMG! I never even knew about this. sp glad they have it.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    It came with the base game, not a patch. When you're on the #1 outfit (the sunshine) there's an arrow over the sun, click that it will give you #2 for every day and so forth.

2ywsjea.jpg

thanks so much mlnov39 this has been puzzling me from day one lol, I couldn't figure out why they bothered to call it "everyday 1' etc if we couldn't have more than one lol B)
  • tb98rocktb98rock Posts: 121 Member
    Wow I knew we could but I thought maybe 2! I go to the dresser every morning and plan their outfits!
  • Pixel467Pixel467 Posts: 1 New Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    It's nice because every time they shower they'll put whatever on and you can see all your outfits. You can switch out the accessories and hairstyle as well. I have five everyday outfits and 2 or 3 of everything else. I wish there were more clothes to really enjoy this feature more.

Side note: by playing around with layering leggings under shorts you can make a few unique looks.

Have you tried cc (custom content)?It's actually really cool once you try it. It's also endless. Look up tsr (the sums recourse) and see what you find
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    Pixel467 wrote: »

Have you tried cc (custom content)?It's actually really cool once you try it. It's also endless. Look up tsr (the sums recourse) and see what you find

Just an FYI, that's an over-two-year-old post you're replying to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I think that often happens to people who use google to find a thread. The search engine can come up with threads that are years old.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Eh, necro is fine if it's still relevant. Maybe someone learns something new here since the multiple outfit feature isn't so obvious in the UI.
    Pixel467 wrote: »

I don't like TSR though, because they make you sit through a 10 second ad every time you want to download something. Searching for CC through tumblrs or blogs is much better.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • PerfectSorrowPerfectSorrow Posts: 58 Member
    @minov39 thank you so much!!!
  • KittenLord2000KittenLord2000 Posts: 2 New Member
    This forum just made me freak out and scare the living heck out of my poor parents. I'm so happy right now. NO MORE STRESSFUL CHOOSING ONE OUTFIT PER CATEGORY.
    Can't believe I posted this 4 years ago, Oct 2014. It's now Oct 2018. :D