Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies are disappearing/ impossible to make friends.

Since the patch I am unable to make any friends and progress within the career, because all the townies are disappearing after one day. I spend lots of time making a new friend, and the next day poof! he's gone and my sim's friend list is once again empty. This is so annoying. Has anybody found a fix? Or do we need to wait until a new patch? The game is pretty much unplayable like this :(

Comments

• SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I have the same problem, my workaround is only to friend those who actually live on lots - the Goths, Calientes, etc.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I've been reading that there is a cap on the number of sims you may have in your world before the game starts culling them out. Those townies will get culled, I guess not the sims you actually have living in homes. So if you want to keep your relationships, fill up the houses or get a mod to stop the culling.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • dorotkaeladorotkaela Posts: 143 Member
    Thanks, everyone. x
  • SimGuruZephyrSimGuruZephyr Posts: 166 SimGuru (retired)
    The townies should also be moving into the empty houses in town after like a few days of play. Is that not happening?
    nqC3r.gif
    The townies should also be moving into the empty houses in town after like a few days of play. Is that not happening?

Not so much, no :( Most of my houses I only just filled myself after 21 Sim days.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Check your gameplay settings by opening the ... Menu -> Clicking on Game Options -> Click the Gameplay option -> Confirm Fill Empty Homes is checked.

If this is checked and applied and it's still not working let me know!

vqidzdb3sgvh.jpg
    nqC3r.gif
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member

After the new patch I had crashes due to this mod when traveling.
    @SimGuruZephyr

Good evening. There's a glitch that is affecting a lot of people to the point we are stopping playing.

Could you please bring it to someone's attention?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793258/small-eyes-wide-jaw-glitch
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    i have the same problem with the empty houses nobody moves i am using sims from gallery to fill houses
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    @SimGuruZephyr I can tell you that the option is checked in my game, & it wasn't working. It was quite some sim time after I started friending only default sims already in the game that the houses started to be filled.
  • mommysimmermommysimmer Posts: 188 Member
    Check your gameplay settings by opening the ... Menu -> Clicking on Game Options -> Click the Gameplay option -> Confirm Fill Empty Homes is checked.

vqidzdb3sgvh.jpg

This feature has never worked on my game. In my legacy game, after the third generation or so, all the houses were empty, and the townie list was only 2 families.

pguida wrote: »
    @SimGuruZephyr

Good evening. There's a glitch that is affecting a lot of people to the point we are stopping playing.

Not quite an issue related to this current thread but I understand the frustration with these things. :) I'll include this in my inquiry to the team.
    nqC3r.gif

vqidzdb3sgvh.jpg

I've had that ticked all along. In my first game, no houses were filled by the game through three generations of play. In my second game, which I started after refreshing the The Sims4 folder, two or three (I forget which now) filled initially, and one filled later, and that's it. The rest stayed empty. I've seen a few other people report the same, but not all that many!
  • DescantDescant Posts: 41 Member
    Fill empty homes has never worked for me as well. I've always had to manually place the townies in houses so the town wouldn't feel so empty.
    pguida wrote: »
    @SimGuruZephyr

Not quite an issue related to this current thread but I understand the frustration with these things. :) I'll include this in my inquiry to the team.

Thank you so much. That is very kind of you and very appreciated.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I've only just played my sims from YA through Adult age, and just in one game, but the only time I had a townie move in was to a house that I had just built (first time trying the build tools) that was priced somewhere between 40-45 simoleons. I have no idea if the price was relevant or if the darn sim just wanted the new house I created for my sim couple. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Thanks for all the information you've provided thus far, but we need some more info to dig into this deeper.

If your game has had this experience: "my sim is friends with X and after I play the game for a full Sim day, X has been removed from my friends list”, please respond back saying so. We are going to reach out to you more directly for save files. :)
    nqC3r.gif
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Yes I have had this experience many times. It only occurs after so many generations, maybe four or so. I can keep the sims if I move them into houses, but homeless sims disappear nightly whenever friends or not with my active sims. Sometimes there are no out of world sims. Then a few are generated for mail as required. The problem does not occur on a new game. I thought the theory was we are exceeding the population cap, which was counting dead sims.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have "fill empty houses" checked, but at this point (my 4th generation), I have no one living in Oasis Springs and a single ghost (not a descendant of the previous occupants, as far as I can tell) in 4 of the houses in Willow Creek. The only two houses inhabited by the living are the one my family lives in and one inhabited by a family member that I moved out.
  • Hollyblue27Hollyblue27 Posts: 21 Member
    Im having the same problems. The fill empty houses has never worked for me. And now that my sim family is ready to start its 4th generation my friends that do not live in houses are disappearing every day. It makes it really hard to advance careers and find spouses.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't play townies anyway, I'd rather fill the houses with my own sims. If they disappeared, good.
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    I have had this issue as well when playing my legacy family. It also occurs with dead relatives as well. This always happens on Thursday (in-game). I've had the fill houses option checked forever, but after a while (around the third generation) my town was pretty much empty and I had to fill the homes myself. Sims I would meet on public lots would also disappear from my relationship panel usually on Thursdays.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member

I have that checked and had to manually fill my homes. I got to my third generation reaching YA then started looking for neighbors to visit, only to find most houses empty. I had to post here on the forums for a workaround to sims not having enough money to fill the larger homes.

TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2014

No, none of the vacant houses in my worlds are filled and I have been rotating often, and that means have spent many Sim weeks playing and have all the patches. I even bulldozed some to make and built cheaper ones to make sure they would get filled if townies didn't have enough money to afford the Maxis ones. ( I kept the Maxis ones in my library since they are so nice) but no one has ever moved in that I didn't make move in. I had aging off for all for a long time but last week switched it so unplayed Sims would age, and no one is aging either> Cassandra and Alex etc. look like they haven't aged a day.. yet. I have not played the Goths. ETA: and yes, I have always had that option on to fill empty houses.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.