Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pizza Delivery Issue?

Hi,

I did try searching through the forums before posting this new thread, and I haven't been able to find anything about this issue I have noticed in my game recently.

I've tried having my Sim take a night off from cooking duty and call up to order pizza recently. The menu came up, we chose Canadian Bacon (yummy!) and on a separate occasion, Pepperoni. We get the message to say pizza will be delivered.... But it never has been :( We waited hours, my poor Sims were drinking orange juice to sustain themselves like it was no one's business..! lol.

I did double-check my front door was set as THE front door etc. and that nothing would block a pizza deliverer's path... But nope. No pizza guy/girl ever shows up and my Sims go to bed with rumbling bellies...

Anyone else experienced the same issue? If you haven't ordered pizza in your game yet, give it a try if you can and let me know how it goes for you..? (I'll try not to get jealous... I want pizza :'( ...lol.)

Comments

• ReubenHoodReubenHood Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi Loulouh,

I checked out the Pizza Delivery in my game, here's what I found: Pizza for me was always delivered within 30 minutes of placing the phone call with two exceptions: An order I placed at 1 A.M. never arrived (the order I placed at 12:15 A.M. arrived within 30 minutes). Another order I placed at 4 A.M. didn't arrive until 8 A.M.

I tried a new game and got the same results. All of the orders my SIM placed after 8 A.M., but before 1 A.M., always arrived within 30 minutes. Orders between 1 A.M. and 8 A.M. either never arrive or they arrive at 8 A.M.

If this isn't a bug they really should give some indication that this is not a 24-hour pizza service. I couldn't say for certain if my delivery is working as intended but it does work for me some of the time at least. I hope this helps you!
  • loulouhloulouh Posts: 196 Member
    Thank you, I never thought that it might be the time of day which effects the delivery.

I was playing just now and ordered a pizza at 6pm... Another no show. This definitely makes me think there could be an issue :s I will keep an eye on for other forum posts about it.

Thanks for taking the time to experiment!
  • OlivePixelsOlivePixels Posts: 29 Member
    I'm also having an issue with receiving no pizza when ordering. I unfortunately don't remember the exact time my sim ordered it but I'm thinking it was around 8 or 9 PM. Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon, sorry I couldn't help further.
  • mpld15mpld15 Posts: 1 New Member
    I Tested The Issue For Myself And I Find That Canadian Bacon Has A Tendency Of Not Arriving, I Tried All The Times Mentioned And They Didn't Seem To Be Important For Me, All My Pizza's Arrived Within A Good 5 Hours Except Canadian Bacon :(
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Is pizza delivery new? I tried looking for it before and never found it.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

Ah it's always been there xD
    I think it was under services. I ordered once, and the only glitch I had was that I got the "you never collected it" message even though I took the pizza from them.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member

It's under services in your phone. It's not new.

I had problems receiving the pizza when it arrived. The delivery person eventually gave up and took the pie with them, though they said they left it. I watched them walk off the lot without setting it down.

I think pizza is glitchy.

TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Thank you! I don't know why I never seen it before. I remember wanting my sims to order a pizza but couldn't find it...
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I've had issues too. It seems to be a problem with the canadian pizza. I think that is it. I would have to try it out though
    21mbz47.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2014
    I only ordered twice, day time and certainly not late. Two different houses, in trail version I played (full game just try for 24 hours) he came but didn't bring the Pizza. My Sims were hungry and I was sick of cooking. The Dad went out to get the pizza but no options he never knocked on the door, just stood outside. The kid decided he would go out and just socialize with the pizza guy...I finally had to ask him to leave.

Patched game new files no old saves, new install after deciding to buy the game a month later. He delivered the pizza, no problem. I'm still afraid to order the pizza, afraid it will fail like the first time before the game was ever patched.

ETA: no not a problem with just the Canadian pizza, first time the regular, no pizza, second time in new game delivered the Canadian so not sure it is due to a particular one or not. Or a lack of patches the first time around.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SlingBlade5SlingBlade5 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm looking at the tuning (XML) file for pizza delivery... open everyday from 8am to 4am. Not sure what the rest of the file means exactly, and this doesn't help those who aren't getting their pizza.... buy anyway thats the hours...
  • PancakeRhikiPancakeRhiki Posts: 61 Member
    Just posting this here because it's an already exisiting thread for the pizza issue. I had my sim order a pizza today and it arrived just fine, but when I clicked on the delivery guy, it gave me the option to take the pizza. The pizza vanished, the dude is still staning at my door and I have NO pizza anywhere. It's not in my inventory, and I can't click on the guy again, he's now uninteractionable.
  • monsterhospitalmonsterhospital Posts: 13 New Member
    This is still a problem. My vampire Sims keep ordering pizzas, hoping to lure in the delivery person for a snack, but no one ever arrives. Doesn't matter the type of pizza or time of day.
  • frail-frail- Posts: 11 New Member
    Yeah, when will this be fixed? I didn't even get a message that my pizza was coming, and I tried ordering all of them, twice..
  • tillyrosie22tillyrosie22 Posts: 1 New Member
    I figured out the issue for my Sims game. I aslo ordered a pizza and it never arrived.

I had the lot trait Private Property, I changed it and the pizza guy arrived with the pizza I ordered 2 days ago.

I think the Private Property trait stops anyone from going near the household, including services.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I ordered pizza once, never again. First off, it took hours for the delivery guy to show up (I ordered before midnight, he showed up at 7 or 8 in the morning), and when I clicked on him to accept the pizza, my sim waved her arms and shrugged, like something was blocking her way. Had her go outside and try again, same thing. I even removed the door, but then the pizza disappeared, and the option of getting it was gone. When I replaced the door, it was the same thing as first time. The imaginary block was back. Eventually, some time in the late afternoon, the pizza guy gave up waiting, left the pizza on my doorstep and took his leave. So I did eventually get it, but that was no fun at all.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    The one time my sims ordered pizza, they had to keep calling every hour to get and it took about three hours to finally show up. After that I never used that feature again.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
    ^Pretty much like pizza delivery in real life. xD
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    ^Pretty much like pizza delivery in real life. xD

Exactly! I don't even remember the last time I even bothered ordering pizza, since the Sim I used last to ever bother ordering his had his pizza come in 3-4 hrs later and since he was very hungry waiting on it he ate applesauce or something instead. I still took the pizza though but I didn't tip.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Weird. I ordered a pizza in game once several weeks ago. Came in like 30m (in game time, so like a real minute). Wonder if it is linked to anything.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I figured out the issue for my Sims game. I aslo ordered a pizza and it never arrived.

I had the lot trait Private Property, I changed it and the pizza guy arrived with the pizza I ordered 2 days ago.

I think the Private Property trait stops anyone from going near the household, including services.

Oh, wow. I have been so frustrated with this problem for over a year. Thank you so much for the solution; my lot does have the private lot trait.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Funny enough, I've stopped having problems with the pizza delivery service since the major patch they released right before C&D this fall.

It takes my poor pc a bit of time to materialize the maid or other service NPCs. I am running on an older pc and am only meeting base game requirements, which makes the game really interesting at times. I was having problems with the Maid, Repairman, and Pizzaman showing up, and I discovered with Service NPCs I have to pause my game for them to actually appear on time. If I want my maid to show up right after 10am (when she's supposed to), I pause my game at that sim-time and poof, she appears after some hardcore processing from my tired computer. If I didn't hit pause she wouldn't show up at all, or show up around 3-4pm. Same with the repairman and pizza, if I don't see the deliveryman in a sim hour, I'll pause, the game will catch up, and he'll usually appear with pizza. I'm not sure what kind of pc you're running the game on, so this might not help, but I'd thought I'd throw it out there.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Interesting...

This just happened to me yesterday. I had my Sim order pizza and the pizza never came.
    It's strange that such a simple thing should cause such problems, but oh well. It's faster to have the sims cook anyway. xD
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    I'm experiencing this issue too. I've ordered a pizza and waited for it to arrive for dinner. And I'm like waiting and waiting for it to arrive, household is hungry. But the Pizza delivery doesn't arrive until Sims morning. Oh well at least my Sims had an unhealthy breakfast.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top